• 169 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Frocharocha (2260 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wants to destroy DBZ Earth, but he proofs to be too strong, then Goku and Vegeta units and becomes Super Sayan 4 Gogeta in hope pf defeating Thanos. Who wins?

No infinity Gauntlet.

Thanos has bloodlust on and morals off.

#2 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beats the 10 minute wonder.

#3 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos ftw

#4 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos in an immense Curbstomp.

#5 Posted by Empurios (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos > Gogeta (ssj4)

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (13334 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt we need to go so high. Super Buuhan would be enough.

#7 Posted by Juiceboks (8394 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroy his mind. Thats all he needs to do and he can do it in a heartbeat.

#8 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit: @Ferdelance: @P0rtal: @Empurios: Agreed. Thanos wins. Too versatile. TK. Matter manipulation. Shields. Raw power. He takes this. Gogeta is roughly equal to herald level. He'd be a better match for someone like Surfer, Terrax, or them.

#9 Posted by xlab3000 (3186 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#10 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frocharocha:

The picture says it all..

#11 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

SS4 Gogeta wins if he has no time limit.

#12 Posted by pooty (11011 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

SS4 Gogeta wins if he has no time limit.

i'm going to disagree. SS4 could be more powerful then Thanos and is faster. But I think after Thanos realizes he can't beat him in a physical fight he will use mental attacks that Gogeta has no defense for. Saiyans rarely go all out immediately, giving Thanos enough time to mind blast him

#13 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos by TP. Gogeta won't hurt him by energy projection, but can do it by physical strength. Yet, he isn't strong enough to put him finally down. Thanos in Avengers Assemble was less hurt than Phoenix Namor in his fight in Wakanda and Namor still one-shotted all Avengers besides Thor, who was taken down later.

#14 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos mindrapes gogeta the end

#15 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta curbstomps with amazing ease. Thanos would need at least a cosmic cube to even hold a candle to SSJ4 Goku, Gogeta would annihilate him in a picosecond.

#16 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#17 Edited by Theorder14 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta,  i think people r forgetting or don't even know that he's a telepath himself and the ki shield could protect his mind but well, we will never know cus no1 have ever tried to mind rape him so it comes down to opinion .sooo, if Thanos doesn't have IG then Gogeta takes this easily

Online
#18 Posted by laflux (15126 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

Gogeta curbstomps with amazing ease. Thanos would need at least a cosmic cube to even hold a candle to SSJ4 Goku, Gogeta would annihilate him in a picosecond.

When SSJ4 Goku can alter all realities with just a thought, then comparing an experienced cosmic cube user below that of Gogeta will be taken seriously.

Until then, flagged for stupidity.

#19 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theorder14
According to Your post, Gogeta doesn't have any TP feats, so Thanos has to stomp him.
 
@SSJLozza
Reasons? Odin is legitimate galaxy buster, but even when he used Grungir (?) to boost his energy projection, he couldn't deal with Thanos. Energy projection was pretty much always useless agaisnt him. 
And Thanos wasn't KOd by attacks from whole Avengers and GoG teams as much as he wasn't after his strength-contest with the strongest version of Drax or Power Gem Thor (Thor without PG was able to stalemate with PG Drax who one-shotted another planet buster).
#20 Posted by jamesbyng188 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Ummm.... Odin delt with thanos. He beat him worse than anyone else I have seen besides cosmic guys or PIS stuff. Odin beat Silver Surfer and Thanos. Thanos could not even do anything besides resist some of Odin's attacks but if the fight was not stoped asgard would have been destroyed and thanos would be defeated.

#21 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@NeonGameWave said:

SS4 Gogeta wins if he has no time limit.

i'm going to disagree. SS4 could be more powerful then Thanos and is faster. But I think after Thanos realizes he can't beat him in a physical fight he will use mental attacks that Gogeta has no defense for. Saiyans rarely go all out immediately, giving Thanos enough time to mind blast him

Stardust Breaker could possibly finish the job in one shot.

#22 Posted by Theorder14 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666
well , Gogeta hasn't shown tp feats but Goku has shown strong tp and it's my own opinion to believe that he could use ki shield to protect himself but we never know, meh but whateva
Online
#23 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesbyng188 said:

@czarny_samael666: Ummm.... Odin delt with thanos. He beat him worse than anyone else I have seen besides cosmic guys or PIS stuff. Odin beat Silver Surfer and Thanos. Thanos could not even do anything besides resist some of Odin's attacks but if the fight was not stoped asgard would have been destroyed and thanos would be defeated.

This is one of my fauvorite battles ever - I know it, belive me. 
Odin didn't even KOd Thanos. Odin is much more powerfull than Thanos, but it is not the point. Thanos is close to real immortality, since he cameback to normal Universe from Death's realm because she made him her avatar. 
That is the problem that many characters have with Thanos. Odin, Tyrant, Rot... They simply can't get rid of him. Even if Gogeta is more powerfull than Thanos, his energy projection still wouldn't take him. It takes Cosmic Cube or Cosmic Cube being to KO him (BTW, he still was able to mind-r@pe CC being). 
#24 Posted by Pope052 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos isn't fast enough to even see Gogeta, Omega would destroy Thanos without the Gauntlet and Gogeta was toying with Omega....

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but Gogeta wouldn't lose here....

Online
#25 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pope052 said:

Thanos isn't fast enough to even see Gogeta, Omega would destroy Thanos without the Gauntlet and Gogeta was toying with Omega....

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but Gogeta wouldn't lose here....

And he won't touch him. People belives that he wins, because of his outstanding telepathy.
#26 Posted by Pope052 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Telepathy won't matter when you can't even touch/see the person you're dealing with.

If Gogeta is serious about killing Thanos, he would blitz Thanos before he even thinks about telepathically attacking him, but if he toys with Thanos, it might prove to be more of a fight, but I still think Gogeta would take him....

Online
#27 Edited by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pope052 said:

Thanos isn't fast enough to even see Gogeta, Omega would destroy Thanos without the Gauntlet and Gogeta was toying with Omega....

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but Gogeta wouldn't lose here....

a fusion with SSJ 4 Goku who barely could lift a building and Vegeta who couldn't become SSJ4 on his own power won't do anything to Thanos .

#28 Posted by Pope052 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@SilverGalford: Strength was never an important factor in Dragon Ball series. It was their Durability, Speed, Reflexes, Energy Manipulation that improved, it wasn't as big of an improvement to strength.

Thanos is too slow to tag Gogeta, and as I said above, If Gogeta is serious he could end this fight in a matter of seconds with the power he has at his disposal. Thanos wouldn't be given a chance.

Gogeta takes this with utter ease.

Online
#29 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@SSJLozza said:

Gogeta curbstomps with amazing ease. Thanos would need at least a cosmic cube to even hold a candle to SSJ4 Goku, Gogeta would annihilate him in a picosecond.

When SSJ4 Goku can alter all realities with just a thought, then comparing an experienced cosmic cube user below that of Gogeta will be taken seriously.

Until then, flagged for stupidity.

So you're flagging me for disagreeing with you? Lmao what a joker. Gogeta is above SSJ4 Goku who is a dimention buster, Thanos can't even beat Odin who has lost before- SSJ4 Gogeta has never lost a fight, even against Omega Shenron who was at least a galaxy level reality warper!

#30 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pope052 said:

@czarny_samael666: Telepathy won't matter when you can't even touch/see the person you're dealing with.

If Gogeta is serious about killing Thanos, he would blitz Thanos before he even thinks about telepathically attacking him, but if he toys with Thanos, it might prove to be more of a fight, but I still think Gogeta would take him....

Ummm... That is why I don't respect DBZ/GT telepathy. Thanos doesn't have to touch/see his enemy. Actually no mid-level telepath in Marvel need it. 
Thanos survived strength contest with star-buster, won it and destroyed planet as a side effect of their fight. And it was the weakest version of Thanos.  
And this isn't the only time Thanos has shown that great durability to physical strength. 
Avengers and Guardians of Galaxy couldn't KO him, even when they had element of suprise.
He beat Silver Surfer to the death with his bare hands.
He was taking bloodlusted Thor who had Power Gem at the moment. It was a draw, until Thanos used one of his toys. 
He was able to hold DP Tyrant, being that one-two shoted planet busters (Gladiator, Surfer and BRB  - at once). 
He one-shotted Dumb Drax and Prof Hulk with one move.

To even KO Thanos, Gogeta would need to be much above planet level in strength (energy projection means almost nothing against Thanos).
#31 Posted by laflux (15126 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@laflux said:

@SSJLozza said:

Gogeta curbstomps with amazing ease. Thanos would need at least a cosmic cube to even hold a candle to SSJ4 Goku, Gogeta would annihilate him in a picosecond.

When SSJ4 Goku can alter all realities with just a thought, then comparing an experienced cosmic cube user below that of Gogeta will be taken seriously.

Until then, flagged for stupidity.

So you're flagging me for disagreeing with you? Lmao what a joker. Gogeta is above SSJ4 Goku who is a dimention buster, Thanos can't even beat Odin who has lost before- SSJ4 Gogeta has never lost a fight, even against Omega Shenron who was at least a galaxy level reality warper!

Cosmic Cube> DBZ

#32 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: How much do you actually know about DB series really? For a start Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta are both only present in GT, and second I can't recall any feats for anyone with CQ which surpass dimention busting or a galaxy (arguably even universe level) reality warper's power. To me you're logic just sounds like: comics are awesome, anime sucks- so Gogeta loses. Can you give me any actual proof cos I can post the dimention busting blast (from Goku btw who is WAY below Gogeta) if you want.

#33 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23841 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@laflux said:

@SSJLozza said:

Gogeta curbstomps with amazing ease. Thanos would need at least a cosmic cube to even hold a candle to SSJ4 Goku, Gogeta would annihilate him in a picosecond.

When SSJ4 Goku can alter all realities with just a thought, then comparing an experienced cosmic cube user below that of Gogeta will be taken seriously.

Until then, flagged for stupidity.

So you're flagging me for disagreeing with you? Lmao what a joker. Gogeta is above SSJ4 Goku who is a dimention buster, Thanos can't even beat Odin who has lost before- SSJ4 Gogeta has never lost a fight, even against Omega Shenron who was at least a galaxy level reality warper!

#34 Posted by Pope052 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Good points, but I didn't exactly say energy projection is the main factor.

Thanos wouldn't be able to land a hit nor see Gogeta. As I have stated If Gogeta is serious, he could end this fight in a few seconds if he wanted to.

Omega launched an easily planet busting attack and Gogeta deflected it with ease.

He was toying with Omega throughout their whole fight and Omega is at least a galaxy buster, so it proves that Gogeta is at the very least able to destroy galaxies. This should be enough to put him at least in the same range as Thanos.

The thing about these DBZ VS Comic threads is that no one can say whether either character can survive each others attack because Comics and DBZ will never cross.

For example: I could say that Hulk could survive Goku's Kamehameha, but no one knows this for sure because Hulk will never be hit with a Kamehameha.

So there isn't a point really of these threads because alot of people don't use logic and most of them are either DBZ or Comic Fanboys so there is never a clear victor, unless it's like Goku VS Wolverine or something dumb like that.

I think that Gogeta would take this rather easily if he was serious with Thanos.

Online
#35 Edited by laflux (15126 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@laflux: How much do you actually know about DB series really? For a start Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta are both only present in GT, and second I can't recall any feats for anyone with CQ which surpass dimention busting or a galaxy (arguably even universe level) reality warper's power. To me you're logic just sounds like: comics are awesome, anime sucks- so Gogeta loses. Can you give me any actual proof cos I can post the dimention busting blast (from Goku btw who is WAY below Gogeta) if you want.

Huh this is tiresome. First off I know Dragon GT isn't cannon, that O.Shenron isn't in DBZ as is SSJ4 and the fusions associated with it. And that the latest DB Movie is cannon. I also never once said that Thanos wins (though I have yet to see a decent counter to how his telepathy is overcome), I said that comparing any character from DB to the Cosmic Cube (you said that at most the Cosmic Cube holds a candle to SSJ4 Goku) is at the least very ignorant.

Scans taken from

(Thanks Bro)

Molecule Man is a cosmic cube being, as he grew from a cosmic cube. Proof of this assertion :)

Living Tribunal himself says they are neo-omnipotent cosmic cube beings.

Then lets start with assertion. Cosmic Cube/ Cosmic cube beings are actually all powerful, just like IG, whose only superior at the time was TOAA and his representative (LT).

Using the statement made in comics:

But thats a mere statement , while stated in a situation where Mephisto had no reason to lie, and a statement that convinced both Thanos and Adam Warlock.

Now feats to back up such bold claims.

Firstly, Thanos replace the sentience of the universe ( Eternity) using a cosmic cube.

Then we have Spiderman with the power of Beyonder (a cosmic cube being who Molecule Man actually beat), for just a nanosecond, manage to do , among other things, re-created all of creation (thats at the very least a universe)

And here Peter explains he only had the power for a nanosecond here are pertaning scans with other feats, scans from Spiderman and secret wars for anyone who is interested.

I could of course go out of my way and shows feats likes:

1. Korvac with cosmic cube re-creating a reality 100 times over.

2. Cosmic Cube making Dr. Doom the master of the universe.

3. Reed with cosmic cube stomping Dr. Doom with Galactus's powers +the Ultimate Machine, the Sacred Helix of Randac & the Cosmic Control Rod

4. Reed repaired all the damage in the world (i think its only planet earth not sure what world was meant to mean anyways) with a cosmic cube.

5. Reed breaking the 4th wall and capable of making arts into actual flying monsters.

But most importantly his fight with Beyonder cause trans-multiversal damage.

As you can see, the Cosmic Cube is a universal-multiversal object. It has overpowered the Ultimate Nullifier, an object explicitly stated as being Universal. Dimension or Galaxy Busting attacks really have nothing on it.

Its foolish to assume that everybody can know everything about anything in Comic book land, but making false claims only makes you look silly. My tone may have been a bit abrasive, I apologize for that, and I didn't actually flag you lol, just so you know.

#36 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@SSJLozza said:

@laflux: How much do you actually know about DB series really? For a start Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta are both only present in GT, and second I can't recall any feats for anyone with CQ which surpass dimention busting or a galaxy (arguably even universe level) reality warper's power. To me you're logic just sounds like: comics are awesome, anime sucks- so Gogeta loses. Can you give me any actual proof cos I can post the dimention busting blast (from Goku btw who is WAY below Gogeta) if you want.

Huh this is tiresome. First off I know Dragon GT isn't cannon, that O.Shenron isn't in DBZ as is SSJ4 and the fusions associated with it. And that the latest DB Movie is cannon. I also never once said that Thanos wins (though I have yet to see a decent counter to how his telepathy is overcome), I said that comparing any character from DB to the Cosmic Cube (you said that at most the Cosmic Cube holds a candle to SSJ4 Goku) is at the least very ignorant.

Scans taken from

(Thanks Bro)

Molecule Man is a cosmic cube being, as he grew from a cosmic cube. Proof of this assertion :)

Living Tribunal himself says they are neo-omnipotent cosmic cube beings.

Then lets start with assertion. Cosmic Cube/ Cosmic cube beings are actually all powerful, just like IG, whose only superior at the time was TOAA and his representative (LT).

Using the statement made in comics:

But thats a mere statement , while stated in a situation where Mephisto had no reason to lie, and a statement that convinced both Thanos and Adam Warlock.

Now feats to back up such bold claims.

Firstly, Thanos replace the sentience of the universe ( Eternity) using a cosmic cube.

Then we have Spiderman with the power of Beyonder (a cosmic cube being who Molecule Man actually beat), for just a nanosecond, manage to do , among other things, re-created all of creation (thats at the very least a universe)

And here Peter explains he only had the power for a nanosecond here are pertaning scans with other feats, scans from Spiderman and secret wars for anyone who is interested.

I could of course go out of my way and shows feats likes:

1. Korvac with cosmic cube re-creating a reality 100 times over.

2. Cosmic Cube making Dr. Doom the master of the universe.

3. Reed with cosmic cube stomping Dr. Doom with Galactus's powers +the Ultimate Machine, the Sacred Helix of Randac & the Cosmic Control Rod

4. Reed repaired all the damage in the world (i think its only planet earth not sure what world was meant to mean anyways) with a cosmic cube.

5. Reed breaking the 4th wall and capable of making arts into actual flying monsters.

But most importantly his fight with Beyonder cause trans-multiversal damage.

As you can see, the Cosmic Cube is a universal-multiversal object. It has overpowered the Ultimate Nullifier, an object explicitly stated as being Universal. Dimension or Galaxy Busting attacks really have nothing on it.

Its foolish to assume that everybody can know everything about anything in Comic book land, but making false claims only makes you look silly. My tone may have been a bit abrasive, I apologize for that, and I didn't actually flag you lol, just so you know.

Fair enough mate. I had no idea that cosmic cubes were that powerful, I take back what I said about Goku or even Gogeta standing a chance against someone with one, my apologies.

#37 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Gogeta really has no way to hurt or put down Thanos. Gogeta has no real feats, and hasn't shown resistance to TP.

#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pope052 said:

@czarny_samael666: Good points, but I didn't exactly say energy projection is the main factor.

Thanos wouldn't be able to land a hit nor see Gogeta. As I have stated If Gogeta is serious, he could end this fight in a few seconds if he wanted to.

Omega launched an easily planet busting attack and Gogeta deflected it with ease.

He was toying with Omega throughout their whole fight and Omega is at least a galaxy buster, so it proves that Gogeta is at the very least able to destroy galaxies. This should be enough to put him at least in the same range as Thanos.

The thing about these DBZ VS Comic threads is that no one can say whether either character can survive each others attack because Comics and DBZ will never cross.

For example: I could say that Hulk could survive Goku's Kamehameha, but no one knows this for sure because Hulk will never be hit with a Kamehameha.

So there isn't a point really of these threads because alot of people don't use logic and most of them are either DBZ or Comic Fanboys so there is never a clear victor, unless it's like Goku VS Wolverine or something dumb like that.

I think that Gogeta would take this rather easily if he was serious with Thanos.

0.Please use smaller typestyle, it is tiresome for me to answering to this kind of posts.
1.I never said that Thanos will win by sheer strength, I was just pointing out that Gogeta doesn't have enough strength to put down Thanos.
2.Energy projection feats doesn't matter. 
3.When they destroyed a galaxy?
4.They don't have to meet with each other. For that, we have feats.  We both can make a valid points and show feats of either of them. I barely know DBGT, since I've seen only DBZ series (whole) and few DBZ movies + some fights from DBGT on YT. If You can prove that Gogeta is stronger than Classic Drax and PG Thor, than I can start to belive that he has a chance to KO Thanos. If You can't, than we should both agree that there is no reason why  Thanos wouldn't be able to just turn off Gogeta's mind. We don't have to go with our fauvorites, since logic should always be above fanboyism. Thanos is my fauvorite character from any media, but I know there are battles he can't win. For example with Odin or DP Tyrant.
#39 Posted by Killemall (18495 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I am just glad at least someone read by post about cosmic cubes :)

#40 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Good point but Gogeta is way too fast and I don`t think he would waste time in destroying Thanos, he toyed with Omega Shenron and he was able to downplay him with his power, Omega Shenron is superior to Thanos in my opinion. SS4 Gogeta`s speed is too great and if he realizes that Thanos is a great threat he wouldn`t waste time in destroying him even before Thanos uses his telepathic abilities.

#41 Posted by randomcharachter (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys please stop posting about SSJ4 its not cannon and form beyond SSJ3 is SSJ God so wait for the movie

#42 Posted by laflux (15126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@laflux: I am just glad at least someone read by post about cosmic cubes :)

Ah your not the cosmic expert for nothing. In fairness, I was aware already with Thanos' dealing's with the Cosmic cube which is why I kinda want a bit Dex_Starr on the user who under-estimated its power :P, but the other scans just added more weight to the argument. In any case, I think I bookmarked most of you respect threads. And when is the Neptune thread coming out?

#43 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@randomcharachter said:

Guys please stop posting about SSJ4 its not cannon and form beyond SSJ3 is SSJ God so wait for the movie

It's canon in DBGT which is it's own anime that exists. I'd agree if people were using SS4 feats in a thread for Goku against someone but since this SS4 against someone and SS4 is a character from a series, you can't tell people who to use in battles. As long as it doesn't violate the rules.

@NeonGameWave said:

@pooty: Good point but Gogeta is way too fast and I don`t think he would waste time in destroying Thanos, he toyed with Omega Shenron and he was able to downplay him with his power, Omega Shenron is superior to Thanos in my opinion. SS4 Gogeta`s speed is too great and if he realizes that Thanos is a great threat he wouldn`t waste time in destroying him even before Thanos uses his telepathic abilities.

And it's my opinion that Thanos stomps Omega Shenron.. of course that's based on actual feats for Omega Shenron. He has none. We don't have the manga to assign power levels So it's all power scaling and speculation. Power scaling that ignores the feats of the characters themselves.

Thanos has reacted to and above lightspeeds according to Feats. Gogeta has no feats that put him at or above lightspeed. How is he too fast for Thanos?

#44 Posted by Killemall (18495 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Neptune Thread is out a week ago man.

If you wanna bookmark (i am happy people are actually reading my threads) bookmark this:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/killemall/collection-of-my-chronology-threads/87-89662/

I am current doing Dormammu chronology, only finished reading his appearences from 1964- 2003 atm. So few days and i will be done, but uploading them all is going to take a long time. ShootingNova has asked me to do Zeus next, then lets see what i will do after. I am interested to do one of cosmic cube so people can see how truely power those things are, but it actually has a lot of appearences in universe outside 616 making it a little too difficult, but we will see what happens :)

There are of course plenty of other character to do it on :)

#45 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki: When does Thanos usually speedblitz or react at those speeds? He doesn`t have the Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube or any other power up to assist him in this fight also Gogeta can use IT and he can destroy dimensions as Goku could in his base form also SS4 Gogeta is>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku. SS4 Gogeta would be too fast for Thanos and he toyed with Omega Shenron who is a universal threat, it took a universal Spirit Bomb to destroy him, this was Goku alone. Gogeta is a lot more powerful and he hasn`t shown his true potential because he was toying with Omega Shenron. Omega Shenron is above Thanos in my opinion, he has destroyed stars, controls elements, can use forms of magic and he survived SS4 Gogeta`s Big Bang Kamehameha as well as Goku`s Super Dragon Fist. I don`t think Thanos would be able to withstand a Stardust Breaker or Big Bang Kamehameha which actually reversed the effects of the Shadow Dragons which then also ultimately reversed their reality warping. He was also able to deflect and reverse Omega Shenron`s Negative Karma Ball which is a planetary attack, he did this with a kick and he channelled his ki energy so that he could change the effects of the attack. If SS4 Gogeta is serious within this fight and he manages to hit Thanos with a Super Dragon Fist, then he will kill Thanos instantly with that attack.

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Goku would even need to fuse with Vegeta to win this at SSJ4.

Moderator
#47 Posted by pooty (11011 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

@pooty: Good point but Gogeta is way too fast and I don`t think he would waste time in destroying Thanos, he toyed with Omega Shenron and he was able to downplay him with his power, Omega Shenron is superior to Thanos in my opinion. SS4 Gogeta`s speed is too great and if he realizes that Thanos is a great threat he wouldn`t waste time in destroying him even before Thanos uses his telepathic abilities.

You say he wouldn't waste time with Thanos but then admit he wasted time with Shenron. That is my point. No DBZ character goes for the kill immediatly. Gogeta will sense that Thanos is NOT as powerful as he is. That Thanos is NOT as fast as he is and will toy with him. Remember Saiyans ,especially Vegita,grave battle, love to taunt and they want to see what their opponents can do. He will toy with Thanos and end up getting his mind turned into jelly.

#48 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

@DangerousLoki: When does Thanos usually speedblitz or react at those speeds? He doesn`t have the Infinity Gauntlet or Cosmic Cube or any other power up to assist him in this fight also Gogeta can use IT and he can destroy dimensions as Goku could. SS4 Gogeta would be too fast for Thanos and he toyed with Omega Shenron who is a universal threat, it took a universal Spirit Bomb to destroy him this was Goku alone, Gogeta is a lot more powerful and he hasn`t shown his true potential because he was toying with Omega Shenron. Omega Shenron is above Thanos in my opinion, he has destroyed stars, controls elements, can use forms of magic and he survived SS4 Gogeta`s Big Bang Kamehameha. I don`t think Thanos would be able to withstand a Stardust Breaker. He was also able to deflect and reverse Omega Shenron`s Negative Karma Ball which a planetary attack.

There is no indication that Omega Shenron's attack was on a planetary scale. None whatsoever. That is pure speculation. Omega Shenron never destroy a star in anything I've seen of him. If he has, show me this feat and I'll accept that. But I saw his fight with Goku. He was "winning" but he was barely harming Goku. He was having trouble dealing with the secondary characters who are leagues below Goku and he couldn't even hurt Kid Goku who is weaker physically then his adult form, as he makes a mention of in early DBGT episodes. I don't know if that's changed by the end but Goku at this point had already been beaten down and OS couldn't even damage him.

So. No. Omega Shenron isn't above Thanos, who is a solid planet buster.

Thanos has reacted to rushes by Silver Surfer, rushes by the Runner, etc. He's reacted to speedsters before. He's never had a problem with it.

Goku never destroyed a dimension. Goku's never busted a planet. Goku couldn't even beat OS who is solidly below Thanos as is established with feats. I'm not arguing speculation. I'm arguing what the characters have and haven't done. If you can show me feats the put Goku, and therefore Gogeta, at a higher-level then Thanos, then provide them. I can probably dig up Thanos scans those I don't have them personally.

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:

No DBZ character goes for the kill immediatly.

They have when the character that is being killed isn't necessary for the plot. I've seen several characters in DBZ be killed in a few or even one blow right away. It depends on who it is.
 
@DangerousLoki said:

There is no indication that Omega Shenron's attack was on a planetary scale. None whatsoever. That is pure speculation. Omega Shenron never destroy a star in anything I've seen of him. If he has, show me this feat and I'll accept that. But I saw his fight with Goku. He was "winning" but he was barely harming Goku. He was having trouble dealing with the secondary characters who are leagues below Goku and he couldn't even hurt Kid Goku who is weaker physically then his adult form, as he makes a mention of in early DBGT episodes. I don't know if that's changed by the end but Goku at this point had already been beaten down and OS couldn't even damage him.

So. No. Omega Shenron isn't above Thanos, who is a solid planet buster.

Thanos has reacted to rushes by Silver Surfer, rushes by the Runner, etc. He's reacted to speedsters before. He's never had a problem with it.

Goku never destroyed a dimension. Goku's never busted a planet. Goku couldn't even beat OS who is solidly below Thanos as is established with feats. I'm not arguing speculation. I'm arguing what the characters have and haven't done. If you can show me feats the put Goku, and therefore Gogeta, at a higher-level then Thanos, then provide them. I can probably dig up Thanos scans those I don't have them personally.

I'd have to assume if Roshi was destroying Moons during Dragonball that characters much more powerful than him proceeding that series could do more than that and easily. Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta with no trouble. Why wouldn't someone like Shenron be capable of far more than that? Goku is a hero in his universe so busting planets isn't something he generally does but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to do that considering what much weaker characters have been shown to do.
Moderator
#50 Posted by reikai (4182 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue has been addressed before. Shenron is jack nothing to Thanos. Shown and Proven. SS4 Gogeta isn't much different and Thanos can just easily smite him as he could the rest of the DBU. Saying "He doesn't have the IG or a cube!" doesn't detract from the fact he was already contending with High-End Skyfathers like Odin and Tyrant