#1 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral vs. Magik
-Standard gear 
-Magik has soulsword. 
-Spiral has her numerous swords, plus pixies souldagger.
-BFR allowed. 
-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation. 
-No prep. 
-Both start 50 feet apart in an open field.
#2 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral ftw imo..With the Souldagger she can just teleport right up to Magik & stab her.

#3 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos said:

Spiral vs. Magik
-Standard gear -Magik has soulsword. -Spiral has her numerous swords, plus pixies souldagger.-BFR allowed. -Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation. -No prep. -Both start 50 feet apart in an open field.
I don't think the soul dagger would work on Magik, The Soul Dagger is just a smaller version of the soulsword.  Also i would imagine that just like the souldagger, not just anyone can wield it's power, it's connected to the soul it was taken from and only they can fully use it's magics.  Not to mention Magik would get her armor as well which would make it almost impossible for the swords to penetrate.
But in combat shiva is by far a better fighter than Magik, but Shiva also has magical properties and can be hurt by the soulsword if hit, as was shown when Magik threaten shiva  while she was being held by colossus to open a portal or something.

Anyways, i Think Shiva would take the majority slightly because of her combat experience but magik has come a very long way from being a little girl she is battle wore as well, so it's a really tough call on this fight.
#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10480 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral would win here IMO. She has powerful magic, can teleport interdimensionally just like Illyana, skilled with blades, and is more experienced and skilled in combat. I think she would win 7-8 out of 10.
#5 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral is a tricky character the only way, Magik can win this to immediately stab Spiral with her soulsword. 
If not... Spiral gets her good.

#6 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral kicks the SHIT out of her. 

Spiral has never lost a battle in X-Men history. The times she gets close to being overwhelmed by a team she teleports away. She's consistently one of the most problematic villains the X-Men face and somehow always manages to make them look bad. It's kind of hilarious, really. Spiral is a total badass and can take on 4-5 top X-Men at once. She'd totally own Magik.

#7 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms said:
Spiral kicks the SHIT out of her.  Spiral has never lost a battle in X-Men history. The times she gets close to being overwhelmed by a team she teleports away. She's consistently one of the most problematic villains the X-Men face and somehow always manages to make them look bad. It's kind of hilarious, really. Spiral is a total badass and can take on 4-5 top X-Men at once. She'd totally own Magik.

do you have any scans of her showing off some good feats? not that i doubt her badassery, id just like to see.
#8 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Magik via BFR. She'll take the fight to Limbo where she has full access to her powers and put Spiral down. I like both characters, though, and Spiral would make Magik work for the win.

#9 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough but I have to say spiral.

#10 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

magik would have to get to her quick w/ her soulsword....

#11 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phylos said:
@giantarms said:
Spiral kicks the SHIT out of her.  Spiral has never lost a battle in X-Men history. The times she gets close to being overwhelmed by a team she teleports away. She's consistently one of the most problematic villains the X-Men face and somehow always manages to make them look bad. It's kind of hilarious, really. Spiral is a total badass and can take on 4-5 top X-Men at once. She'd totally own Magik.
do you have any scans of her showing off some good feats? not that i doubt her badassery, id just like to see.
http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=148 

Check this one out. I believe this case study of one of X-Men's interesting villain is the best one around regarding this character. 
It shows feat of her defeating Photon and Magneto. 
#12 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Some other awesome feats.

Spiral's mind is apparently immune to possession. When Rogue attempted to steal Spiral's mind and powers, Spiral stole Rogue's instead, laughing that she had danced in many people's souls. Nocturne was fooled by Spiral into thinking Spiral had been possessed while Spiral remained in control.

Spiral quickly became a valuable member of the team, singlehandedly defeating the X-Men on several occasions as well as kidnapping the X-Man  Rachel Summers  for Mojo  

She was also instrumental in Freedom Force's victory over the Avengers and the West Coast Avengers when sent by the U.S. government to arrest the heroes. Her magical powers temporarily robbed Captain Marvel of her energy powers and she also defeated Iron Man, removing two of the most powerful Avengers from the battle.

Its funny because even with all of this, Spiral is a super underrated and underused villain. That is basically because she's a renegade and has her own agenda.
#13 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik in Limbo wins. She has fought and beaten more powerful people there. she's a hell lord and i don't think spiral operates on the level. She can seal of limbo to prevent her from leaving. Strange, amanda and pixie couldn't breach it.

Outside limbo its a lot closer.

Both can teleport all over the place but the soul sword and her armor should be able to cancel her spells.

Not even sure spiral can stab her since the soul sword had a hard time cutting throught the armor.

She port in her demon pets to distract spiral. Spiral is a great fighter but magik spends her free time fighting demon armies so her combat skills aren't shabby at all.

She can go to the astral plane or intangible too through magic. Can spiral manipulate and teleport through time as well? I know she can do dimensions and space.

I agree Spiral is a big time team buster but so is magik. Rachel w/ the PF force coulnd't undo magiks enchantments. The key here is the soul sword and armor cancel spells and destroy magical beings and users. Most of these scans aren't in limbo.

#14 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral wins

#15 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide on who would win this fight ...

#16 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio
All ready to try and stop her if need be. edited/fixed

Spiral isn't beating Magik in Limbo for sure or illyana in darkchilde mode. Illyana holds back a lot cause she does not want the dark magik to take over.

Outside tough call...Belasco, Mephisto, Enchantress, Sym, Nastish, etc.. a weaker magik killed Archenemy but w/ a ton of help from other hell lords of course...soul sword greater then anything spiral has.

#17 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry dp.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91233 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

#19 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: I've been leaning towards magik ... but I'm not convinced its a slaughterhouse if outside of Limbo. Inside limbo def. slaughterhouse.

#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Spiral wins
#21 Posted by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Spiral ftw imo..With the Souldagger she can just teleport right up to Magik & stab her.

What's stopping Magik from doing the same with a much more powerful weapon? plus she has her mystical armor for protection.

#22 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget about magic, who's better with a sword.

#23 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave said:

Forget about magic, who's better with a sword.

This is why I haven't been able to decide ... magik has stronger magik feats but can also battle pretty decent enough to semi take on spiral IMO. But Spiral def. has the edge w/ a sword but I don't think its a ridiculous edge based on how much magik has fought of hordes in Limbo. This battle is just to hard for me to decide ...

#24 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Both can teleport across time, space and across dimensions instantly. magik=spiral. magik is a more powerful teleporter (fusing limbo to earth) but not applicable for this battle.

Spiral seems to be the greater swords man but not by much. both are great melee fighters. magik was holding of thor, cap and black knight with her sword. Spiral is just more fancy. Ninja vs Knight type of fighting style. Spiral>Magik

Soul Sword>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Soul Dagger >>>>>>>her other swords.

Eldritch armor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>then Spirals skin. ( the soul sword will penetrate through any magical shield) We don't know if the soul dagger will penerate through the armor since the armor has blocked the SS before.

So in a melee battle w/o magic on earth. It might be a good fight. if the dagger or her swords cant get through the armor spiral is screwed.

Spiral gets slaughtered in Limbo. 0 chance of winning there.