#1 Posted by Rapist (182 posts) - - Show Bio
spidey
cage
#2 Posted by Morphid (1166 posts) - - Show Bio
Rapist said:
"
spidey
cage
"

You've got the worst name:P
#3 Posted by Rapist (182 posts) - - Show Bio

no..its the best :P

#4 Posted by Morphid (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

..............

#5 Posted by Glorious (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey

#6 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Kadaj said:
"spidey"
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Spider-Man/ Spider-Man/ whoops Cage azz up cause hes Spider-Man  !
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man. They are comparable in strength, and while Cage is more durable, Spider-Man is much more agile/fast, has the spider sense, sticks to walls, has the webs, etc.

#9 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Spider-Man/ Spider-Man/ whoops Cage azz up cause hes Spider-Man  !
"
No...cause the spidy can.
#10 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

spider man is overated .... lol


yeah but he wins.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Spider-Man/ Spider-Man/ whoops Cage azz up cause hes Spider-Man  !
"
No...cause the spidy can."
LOL


#12 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man.

#13 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"

spider man is overated .... lol


yeah but he wins.

"
....Tell that to superman.
#14 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

im not that big fan of superman......just defending him,theres enough haters ,like you monkey boy.

#15 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"im not that big fan of superman......just defending him,theres enough haters ,like you monkey boy."
I'm not a hater of superman at all. lol i have never once said i do not like superman, only that he is overrated.
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man wins.

Moderator
#17 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"im not that big fan of superman......just defending him,theres enough haters ,like you monkey boy."
I'm not a hater of superman at all. lol i have never once said i do not like superman, only that he is overrated."

i kinda like him....don't like all the dissing..

more of a batman fan.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Spider-Man. They are comparable in strength, and while Cage is more durable, Spider-Man is much more agile/fast, has the spider sense, sticks to walls, has the webs, etc."
They aren't comparable in strength anymore.
Moderator
#19 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah how much can spidey left........ ???

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"yeah how much can spidey left........ ???"
10-15 tons
Moderator
#21 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"yeah how much can spidey left........ ???"
10-15 tons"

i heard it was 25 ??

was that like back then ?
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"Vance Astro said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"yeah how much can spidey left........ ???"
10-15 tons"

i heard it was 25 ??

was that like back then ?
"
That was before he got retconned for Brand New Day.
Moderator
#23 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought 25 was a bit much...spidey is the brute type...

10 im fine with.

#24 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey. 

#25 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Cage is stronger and more durable, Spiderman has slightly greater endurance, is massively faster in reaction speed than Cage (combined with his spider sense would make it extremely difficult for Cage to hit him), has sufficient strength to hurt Cage and has his webbing to slow Cage down.

Spiderman for the win.

#26 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman only wins cause his speed would wear Cage down. Cage is stronger and more durable.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Spiderman only wins cause his speed would wear Cage down. Cage is stronger and more durable."
I think Spidey wins because of the long range and intellect advantage.He's not going to just wear Cage down with speed.
Moderator
#28 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Spiderman only wins cause his speed would wear Cage down. Cage is stronger and more durable."
I think Spidey wins because of the long range and intellect advantage.He's not going to just wear Cage down with speed."

What other choice does he have with an opponent that has him beat in every other way. It's Spidey's manin tactic when dealing with others like Cage. Stay away from their blow while putting in his.
#29 Edited by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
As you can see, this has been done before
#30 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

If Spidey punches Cage, with his 10 tonne strength level, it will do damage to Cage. It might be only the equiavelnt to bruising damage but dozens of blows will eventually wear Cage down.

#31 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

If Spidey punches Cage, with his 10 tonne strength level, it will do damage to Cage. It might be only the equiavelnt to bruising damage but dozens of blows will eventually wear Cage down.

"
Cage now is shown taking direct blws from the Wrecker with his crowbar and kept coming. Only high powered energy weapons or adamantium weapons has been known to pierce his now titanium strong skin. Can't see Spidey doing damage but I do see him wearing him down.
#32 Posted by Accalia (2 posts) - - Show Bio
Morphid said:
"Rapist said:
"
spidey
cage
"

You've got the worst name:P"
Rapist said:
"no..its the best :P"
Creepy O_o
#33 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
Cage now is shown taking direct blws from the Wrecker with his crowbar and kept coming. Only high powered energy weapons or adamantium weapons has been known to pierce his now titanium strong skin. Can't see Spidey doing damage but I do see him wearing him down."
Actually the blows from the Wrecker did put Cage down. The other Avengers attacking the Wrecker bought him time to get back to his feet.
A blow from Spiderman can deform steel plate. Blows from him will do damage to Cage, just not a lot.
Other materials harder than steel / titanium will cut Cage's skin, but only when backed by sufficient force. A Vibranium dagger for instance when wielded by Warpath should cut Cage.

Spiderman has the greater endurance and with his agility, reaction time and sopider sense, Cage won't hit him unless he can use his environment to overload the Spider sensei.e dodging multiple pieces of falling masonry, so he dodge not have chance to react to Cage's fist. This tactic has been used in the past.
However, Cage still has to breath. Spiderman, could simply web up Cages throat when he opens his mouth.
#34 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Cage strong enough to pull the webbing off. Its not like it would damgae his skin as it has done with other. Even Sabretooth once pulled off his face. As far as the battle with the Wrecker, its true that he laid Cage low, but only after the third blow from him. So Cage took to direct hits from the crowbar before going down.

#35 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"

Isn't Cage strong enough to pull the webbing off. Its not like it would damgae his skin as it has done with other. Even Sabretooth once pulled off his face. As far as the battle with the Wrecker, its true that he laid Cage low, but only after the third blow from him. So Cage took to direct hits from the crowbar before going down.

"

As Spiderman is back to using Web Shooters I think (after the retcon of One More Day, so losing his organic ones he got in the Other storyline), the info below from the OHOTMU might be accurate again.

Spider-Man uses web-shooters which are twin devices worn on his wrists which can shoot thin strands of a special “web fluid” at high pressure. The web fluid is a shear-thinning liquid (virtually solid until a shearing force is applied to it, rendering it fluid) whose exact formula is as yet unknown, but is related to nylon. On contact with air, the long-chain polymer knits and forms an extremely tough, flexible fiber with extraordinary adhesive properties. The web fluid’s adhesive quality diminishes rapidly with exposure to air. (Where it does not make contact with air, such as the attachment disk of the web-shooter, it remains very adhesive.) After about 2 hour, certain imbibed ether cause the solid form of the web fluid to dissolve into a powder. Because the fluid almost instantly sublimates from solid to liquid when under shear pressure, and is not adhesive in its anaerobic liquid/solid phase transition point, there is no clogging of the web-shooter’s parts.
The spinneret holes have three sets of adjustable, staggered openings around the turbine, which permit a single line, a more complex, spun web line, and a thick stream.
The web line’s tensile strength is estimated to be 120 pounds per square millimeter of cross section.

Based on the last figure, a cord of webbing 24.1mm in diameter would be sufficient to hold Cage.
This is calculated as follows,

24.16        Diameter of cord in mm
12.08        Radius of cord in mm
458.33     Cross sectional area of cord in mm2
55000      Weight cord can hold in lbs (cross sectional area x 120 lbs)
55000      Weight in lbs that Cage can lift (25 tonnes x 2200 lbs)

Instead of having 1 single cord, you could have multiple thinner ones that still amount to the same cross sectionl area.

As already mentioned, Spiderman could just fire a stream over Cages head / eyes / in to his mouth to really screw him over.
#36 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way, Spidy wins.

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"

Isn't Cage strong enough to pull the webbing off. Its not like it would damgae his skin as it has done with other. Even Sabretooth once pulled off his face. As far as the battle with the Wrecker, its true that he laid Cage low, but only after the third blow from him. So Cage took to direct hits from the crowbar before going down.

"
It depends on how the webbing gets on him.
Moderator
#38 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"

Isn't Cage strong enough to pull the webbing off. Its not like it would damgae his skin as it has done with other. Even Sabretooth once pulled off his face. As far as the battle with the Wrecker, its true that he laid Cage low, but only after the third blow from him. So Cage took to direct hits from the crowbar before going down.

"
It depends on how the webbing gets on him."
Exactly, he wasn't able to get it off his hands when Spidey webbed them.