Daredevel radar sense 

which is better or who wins?
#2 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

I think radar is better. 
=]

#3 Posted by mavfan626 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
"I think radar is better. =] "

but doesn't radar have it's weakness? and spidey sense doesn't right?
#4 Edited by lagoon_boy (10954 posts) - - Show Bio
The radar sense allows the user (Assuming that he has trained and mastered this ability) to distinguish who that person is just by hearing his/her footsteps. And so on and so forth. So it's more detailed then the spider sense which just alerts you when there's danger.
#5 Posted by Jake Fury (18745 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm.....tough call....I'll take the Spider-Sense.
#6 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

spider sense

#7 Edited by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626: Spider sense doesn't have any weakness but it can be tricked by some people. Actually it has already been tricked. 

@lagoon_boy: Spider sense doesn't only alerts about danger. It can help him to detect the location of the danger, it can also detects the weapons of some people and it can also help spidey to shot the web on buildings without spidey aiming. 
=]
#8 Posted by Jake Fury (18745 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:
I am still somewhat suspicious you're the real Peter Parker from an alternate universe.
#9 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: lol, why? 
=]
#10 Posted by shonen2 (301 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @mavfan626: Spider sense doesn't have any weakness but it can be tricked by some people. Actually it has already been tricked. 

@lagoon_boy: Spider sense doesn't only alerts about danger. It can help him to detect the location danger, it can also detects the weapons of some people and it can also help spidey to shot the web on buildings without spidey aiming. =] "
Are you the real Peter Parker ?
#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18745 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:
Your passion for the Spider-Man! LOL
#12 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@shonen2: Unfortunately not. 
=[ 

@Jake Fury: Is that good? 
=]
#13 Posted by lagoon_boy (10954 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:  ....Can you sign my book ? "Finding The Real Peter Parker: Might Just be under your nose" ?
#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18745 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @shonen2: Unfortunately not. 
=[ 

@Jake Fury: Is that good? =] "

Definitely! I've never had a clear cut favorite and I'm a bit jealous. LOL
#15 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy: You should also ask Morph, Matezoide and Nobody to sign your book. These people are more likely to be Parker than me. 
=P 
#16 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

stick tricked dare devils radar sense so they both have flaws
#17 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" @spidey 15 said:
=[ 

Definitely! I've never had a clear cut favorite and I'm a bit jealous. LOL "
LOL, there are people that are better than me when it comes to Pete, i already mentioned them. 
=]
#18 Posted by lagoon_boy (10954 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:  Ah, very good at keeping your disguise a secret. Don't worry, we will talk in PM's from now on, regarding about your "Work" LMAO!
#19 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy: LOL, ok then. 
=]
#20 Posted by Jake Fury (18745 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:

LOL, there are people that are better than me when it comes to Pete, i already mentioned them. =] "

It's cool. Your secret is safe with me.
#21 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: I feel better now. 
=]
#22 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with SS. To have DD's radar you have to be blind i think and i realy don't whant to be blind ... 
Also i prefer to know when something is going to fall on my head or whatever then having the power of a bat X 10
#23 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a tough Q. My answer would be a "Not Sure". The reason is because SS can sense not just danger,but where the location of it is coming from and could alert Parker quick enough to avoid a point blank shot.. RS on the other hand, can not just map his surroundings, but can also increase his reaction time and awareness. Another good feature about this sense is that it can also show the weak points of any opponent. With that being said, it's tough to say which one's better. Though they have drawbacks, they still have their uses.

#24 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Radar.
  2. Radar.
#25 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. 
=]

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
All things considered, I'd take radar sense here. Even though it is by far more difficult to control.
#27 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: What do you mean? 
=]
#28 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Morpheus_: What do you mean? =] "
Spider sense requires no real training to utilize, 95% of the time. Whenever there is danger, it automatically informs Spider-Man. Spider-Man only needs to effectively control it when he is in search of someone/something, even though he rarely does that. Radar sense, on the other hand, if left unchecked, would overwhelm Daredevil. It requires a great amount of training and refined control for him to isolate smells, and sounds, and basically formulate a map of his immediate vicinity in the extensive manner he does.
#29 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Oh, i see. Thank you. I wasn't really aware of that. 
=]
#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Morpheus_: Oh, i see. Thank you. I wasn't really aware of that. =] "
You're welcome.
#31 Posted by whacknasty (5622 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Morpheus_: What do you mean? =] "
Spider sense requires no real training to utilize, 95% of the time. Whenever there is danger, it automatically informs Spider-Man. Spider-Man only needs to effectively control it when he is in search of someone/something, even though he rarely does that. Radar sense, on the other hand, if left unchecked, would overwhelm Daredevil. It requires a great amount of training and refined control for him to isolate smells, and sounds, and basically formulate a map of his immediate vicinity in the extensive manner he does. "
Wow... I guess I would have to say SS has an edge then. 

Though I doubt I have the agility or speed to get out of the way of things even if I know they are coming...even with something like a decent MLB fastball... So maybe if I don't get some Spidey reaction time with it, I'll just put the work into the radar sense...as long as I don't have to be blind (really dark shades or dual eye patches for that...)
#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty: With the radar sense you would be able to listen to the muscles of the player throwing the ball out you before he does so, and anticipate where he will throw it in order to dodge it.
#33 Posted by whacknasty (5622 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: That is awesome.... 

Have Spidey and DD ever had any type of competition to see who could perceive/react better to incoming danger?
#34 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty: Are you talking about a fight or an actual test? 
=]
#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:
" @Morpheus_: That is awesome....  Have Spidey and DD ever had any type of competition to see who could perceive/react better to incoming danger? "
As a competition? No, I don't think so.
#36 Posted by whacknasty (5622 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: I guess more of just a friendly "Geeze Pete, you were millimeters away from getting hit by that pigeon!",  "Not as close as you were to stubbing your toe on that curb, Matt! " type of thing... 

I think I saw some scans of them in a fight, but I think one of them was out of their normal frame of mind, so I don't know how much it counts...
#37 Posted by whacknasty (5622 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Ah, ok.   
#38 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on how developed the senses are and how they are being used

While Daredevil's radar sense is better than 616 Spider-Man's danger sense is most things (although DD required years of training) ,i am willing to bet What If? Spider-Man's spider-sense evolved to the point it is superior to DD's

@spidey 15 said:

" @Jake Fury said:

" @spidey 15 said:
=[ 

LOL, there are people that are better than me when it comes to Pete, i already mentioned them. =] "

#39 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty: I see, well, i don't think they ever had one. 
=] 

@Matezoide: You're welcome. I was serious. 
=]
#40 Edited by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna have to go with radar sense. 
360 degrees of awareness, can "see" even when it's dark, through smoke, up, down, can sense and focus on multiple targets. To me being able to "see" danger coming from all directions is better than sensing that danger is coming but not knowing from what exactly.

#41 Posted by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @whacknasty: With the radar sense you would be able to listen to the muscles of the player throwing the ball out you before he does so, and anticipate where he will throw it in order to dodge it. "
Not exactly. That's enhanced hearing. Radar sense just shows 3d images in a 360 degree sphere. You could still, however gauge where he was going to throw it based on his body positioning and trajectory of the throw the same as a sighted person could.
#42 Posted by chris thompson (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey sense. Radar sense can be disrupted by loud noise. The spidey sense's only weakness is symbiotes.

#43 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Formidable: Spider sense can help you sense the direction of the danger. 

#44 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Formidable said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @whacknasty: With the radar sense you would be able to listen to the muscles of the player throwing the ball out you before he does so, and anticipate where he will throw it in order to dodge it. "
Not exactly. That's enhanced hearing. Radar sense just shows 3d images in a 360 degree sphere. You could still, however gauge where he was going to throw it based on his body positioning and trajectory of the throw the same as a sighted person could. "
When the term "radar sense" is used, it pertains every aspect of Daredevil's enhanced senses. The way Daredevil manages to "see" is through focusing his enhanced senses via his radar sense. Radar sense in itself is dependant on that, even though his senses do not depend it. So, when someone asks if radar sense is better, I answer under the context that the user has Daredevil's senses, as well. It would be futile otherwise.
#45 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@chris thompson said:
" Spidey sense. Radar sense can be disrupted by loud noise. The spidey sense's only weakness is symbiotes. "
Spider sense also can be tricked and it already happened. 

Also Green Goblin was able to cancel his spider sense. 
=]
#46 Edited by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:

" @Formidable: Spider sense can help you sense the direction of the danger. 

"
Errrr..ok..a bit of overkill on the scans....one would have been more than enough. Actually the text would have been sufficient. I stand corrected. Spider sense can tell the direction. But it can't always tell you exactly what. Being able to "see whats coming is better in my opinion.
#47 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Formidable: IMO, I don't think it really matters, If spidey was able to sense and avoid the danger, it won't matter if he doesn't know what it is. 
=]
#48 Posted by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@chris thompson said:
" Spidey sense. Radar sense can be disrupted by loud noise. The spidey sense's only weakness is symbiotes. "
No. You're thinking of sonar. The DD movie was different. He didn't have radar sense in the movie he had more of a sonar sense. Radar sense senses electromagnetic wave patterns as they bounce back. Noise doesn't affect that.
#49 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Formidable: IMO, I don't think it really matters, If spidey was able to sense and avoid the danger, it won't matter if he doesn't know what it is. =] "
i wanna the payment for you using my copyrighted scans :P
#50 Edited by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Formidable said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
Not exactly. That's enhanced hearing. Radar sense just shows 3d images in a 360 degree sphere. You could still, however gauge where he was going to throw it based on his body positioning and trajectory of the throw the same as a sighted person could. "
When the term "radar sense" is used, it pertains every aspect of Daredevil's enhanced senses. The way Daredevil manages to "see" is through focusing his enhanced senses via his radar sense. Radar sense in itself is dependant on that, even though his senses do not depend it. So, when someone asks if radar sense is better, I answer under the context that the user has Daredevil's senses, as well. It would be futile otherwise. "
No. The term "radar sense" means his actual radar sense. Not his other heightened senses. Radar sense senses electromagnetic impulses as they bounce off objects and reflect back. Radars sense is not dependent on hearing. You were mistaken is all. Happens to the best of us.