• 144 results
#1 Posted by jashro44 (22966 posts) - - Show Bio
VS

Rules

• Both pre and post 52 feats are applicable for Deathstroke
  • This is ultimate cap (who has his guns and such)
  • Current/most recent versions of everyone else (spider-man is Peter)
  • Morals are on
  • Standard gear
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/incapacitation

• Begin visible
  • Start 40 feet apart
  • Unpopulated
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is a super soldier?

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (15888 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a damn good fight right here mmhmm.

Before we go any further, what Spider is in the bottom left? @jashro44

#4 Posted by 106me (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

One bloodlusted spiderman would have been enough to possibly solo the super soldiers in a very close fight. I don't see why all four spiders are needed. That would just be overkill.

#5 Posted by dondave (38586 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by i_like_swords (15888 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me: Black Panther, Ult Cap and Deathstroke could fight evenly with Spider-Man. Also, morals are on.

#7 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

Gah, I hate the fact that I had to think about this. Spider-Man outclasses all of these people by such a far degree, logically only one Spider should be needed to win.

However, Spidey is morals on, so I still say the Spidey team wins, with major difficulty.

Jmarshmallow

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by jashro44 (22966 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther is a super soldier?

Not exactly.... He is a warrior king who has been enhanced to super human levels though which is close enough.

@106me said:

One bloodlusted spiderman would have been enough to possibly solo the super soldiers in a very close fight. I don't see why all four spiders are needed. That would just be overkill.

There not bloodlusted.

#10 Edited by i_like_swords (15888 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Ohhh tenku

Hm.. Spiders are physically much better than everyone here, but the Soldiers have skill and gear on their side.

Panther and Deathstroke could take a few bodies with them between their gear, and Cap has the skill and durability to go toe-to-toe with anyone. Wolverine would lose to anyone here, but he's able to hold his own nonetheless and is a good addition to the team.

But all in all.. webbing/huge striking power gap/speed gap and the overall Spider-factor of their fighting styles give Team Spider the win. Although it'd be a tough tough fight.

#11 Posted by 106me (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Fair enough, but spiderman has been able to solo super teams. I don't see why 2 spiders wouldnt be more than enough to KO these guys. When I say "I don't see why", btw, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying if anyone has other legitimate evidence that is contrary to mine, show me. A lot of people misinterpret my tone when I say that.

#12 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me said:

Wolverine is already on Peter Parker's level as we've seen numerous times, and he accidentally made Kaine struggle (Logan wanted Kaine to win but "nearly disemboweled him" anyway)

Even Black Panther has tussled with Spider-Man in the past, and his KoTD upgrades definitely make him an even match. Same with Captain America - and Ultimate Cap is vastly superior to 616.

The only person who hasn't actually proven he can go toe to toe with Spider-Man is Slade, and that's because he's in a different universe. If he was a Marvel character, you can guarantee he'd be going rounds with Pete all the time. I'm actually kinda leaning towards the super soldiers.

#13 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Um, I'd like to make it clear that none of these characters are in Spidey's league unless he's in character and messing around.

Jmarshmallow

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (15888 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me: True, but these guys are capable of taking on teambusters by themselves. Cap was beating Peter Parker in their fight during Civil War, so Ult Cap would likely have similar/even more success. Black Panther and Deathstroke both punch out of their weight class routinely, mainly because of their skill and gear. Wolverine has been webbed up by Spider-Man pretty easily though, so I don't see that outcome changing.

All in all I do give it to the Spiders, but it's still a good fight.

#15 Posted by 106me (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, for the record, I KNOW SPIDEY HAS MORALS ON. I'm saying that spiderman at his best could solo these guys ideally. I'm trying to say that two spidermen are more than enough to handle these guys, and anymore are overkill. I'm not saying that one spiderman wins this fight because of bloodlust.

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom Sting. Even Ultimate Cap was saved 3 times by Miles.

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Um, I'd like to make it clear that none of these characters are in Spidey's league unless he's in character and messing around.

Jmarshmallow

And what gives you the authority to "make it clear"? Wolverine has already gotten the better of Spider-Man when he was actively trying to snap his neck, and Cap and BP have both fought against Pete through sheer technique alone. The versions in this battle though, have the stats to match their skill now.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom sting oneshotted 616 Spider-Man for a few seconds and twoshotted him for the win. What effect do you think it'd have on Cap?

#19 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I'm not sure if BP still has is Vibranuim suit? Could you clarify.

#20 Edited by Jmarshmallow (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I have no authority. I'm merely telling you my opinion. You're allowed to do the same. I have no issues about that, you're allowed to be wrong. It's perfectly fine with me!

And I can't imagine how Wolverine got the better of Spidey, considering he literally outclasses him in every aspect. Could you show a scan of this instance? I could show you an instance where Spidey webbed him up without a second thought, didn't even bother fighting him.

That's a tactic he could easily utilize against all of these Super Soldiers, since none of them have the strength to break out of it, especially since Wolverine and his claws were unable to do so.

Spidey's fighting skills are no longer completely crappy like they once were. He is now a formidable threat even without a Spider-Sense. I just can't see any reason why he SHOULDN'T be able to solo if he's being serious.

That's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. No need for any hostility. Believe it or not, these characters don't exist.

Jmarshmallow

#21 Edited by dondave (38586 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@jashro44: I'm not sure if BP still has is Vibranuim suit? Could you clarify.

There hasn't been anything to say he doesn't have it but IIRC Hickman hates it and once said he'd removed it if he could

#22 Posted by robertloucksjr (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

Faster more agile 10-20 tonners taking slower 2-3 tonners who can be immobiized via webbing for the win? Spiders stomp.

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I have no authority. I'm merely telling you my opinion. You're allowed to do the same. I have no issues about that, you're allowed to be wrong. It's perfectly fine with me!

And I can't imagine how Wolverine got the better of Spidey, considering he literally outclasses him in every aspect. Could you show a scan of this instance? I could show you an instance where Spidey webbed him up without a second thought, didn't even bother fighting him.

That's a tactic he could easily utilize against all of these Super Soldiers, since none of them have the strength to break out of it, especially since Wolverine and his claws were unable to do so.

Spidey's fighting skills are no longer completely crappy like they once were. He is now a formidable threat even without a Spider-Sense. I just can't see any reason why he SHOULDN'T be able to solo if he's being serious.

That's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree. No need for any hostility. Believe it or not, these characters don't exist.

Jmarshmallow

It was their old fight in the graveyard where Peter rammed Logan's head into a gravestone over and over full force and Wolverine just smiled, than Peter contemplated whether Logan might actually be faster than him. I can't grab a scan right now, but it's a pretty well known fight.

As for the web incap, well, sometimes Spider-Man can do it and sometimes Wolverine can dodge. I dunno, usually Logan is caught off guard. It's by no means a full proof tactic. The super soldiers are all insanely durable, so the spiders minor strength edge shouldn't make the match, especially considering there is only a hair's difference in speed, and the super soldiers are still leagues better martial artists.

#24 Posted by jashro44 (22966 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: no indication he has his vibranium suit all though his current costume is insulated and can reflect electrical attacks.

#25 Edited by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll put a detailed opinion up later, but I feel alot of people are spouting that the Spiders are Stronger by a large degree. However, I would also like to add that every single of the opponents have the means to harm the Spider's significantly, and are fast enough to have to have a chance of implanting said means.

@nickzambuto said:

@cadencev2 said:

Venom sting oneshotted 616 Spider-Man for a few seconds and twoshotted him for the win. What effect do you think it'd have on Cap?

I think Ult Cap would have greater resistance IMO. He's shown a greater resistance to damage than Peter, and is on Panel stated to heal faster.

#26 Edited by jashro44 (22966 posts) - - Show Bio

Jmarshmallow

Here are scans of what Nick is talking about:

Also:

So yes wolverine does have a good record against spider-man.

#27 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3615 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: That's a tactic he could easily utilize against all of these Super Soldiers, since none of them have the strength to break out of it, especially since Wolverine and his claws were unable to do so.

Umm... wasn't the instance you speak of where Spider-Man literally glued Wolverine's fists to his head? Making unsheathing his claws under that circumstance tantamount to suicide? I highly doubt that Wolverine was worried about how much he could bench press in that situation...

#28 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Lol I don't know about you, but I don't consider getting my head smashed over and over in a gravestone "winning", regardless of how happy I was while its happening. The point is, while Spidey would have trouble actually killing him, he still had the advantage.

And truthfully, the web incap is a backup plan at best. It's not necessary to K/O them, but it would definitely be a fallback plan if nothing else was working. And that would be with just one Spidey, let alone four. While two of them distracted the four, the other two could easily hit them with the webbing. Game over.

And "minor" strength edge? The most powerful of the Super Soldier team is probably Deathstroke, and he isn't anything more than a 4-tonner, and that's being extremely generous.

Don't even get my started in the difference in speed. None of them should even be able to TOUCH Spidey, let alone calling it a "hair's difference."

And leagues better martial artists is a stretch considering that his fighting style is perfecetly suited for his powers, but granted they are better.

Still, Spidey's physicals can easily make up for what he barely lacks in fighting skill.

Jmarshmallow

#29 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@laflux: no indication he has his vibranium suit all though his current costume is insulated and can reflect electrical attacks.

@laflux said:

I think Ult Cap would have greater resistance IMO. He's shown a greater resistance to damage than Peter, and is on Panel stated to heal faster.

@nickzambuto

2 things to note. First Venom Sting is not Electricity. It is not!

It clearly travels through Leather, Plastic, and Organic Webs! Non of these thing are Electrical mediums. Yet Venom sting travels through them.

Second, Spider Man would not have survived a All out Venom Sting the first time. It was clear Miles was holding back on it and afraid he put out too much Sting on Peter. After all Miles has KOed guys like Omega Red, Scorpion, Giant Woman after a few lightly place Stings, and one shoted Venom in Desperateness. I know you will all be like "Aaaargh Venom is weak to Electricity" when his Merger with Carnage should negate that since Carnage was Weak against nothing! It seem more likely Venom freaked out at the insane possibility being done in by that single attack and fled till he was more prepared for it the second time. Also as I said Venom sting is clearly no Electrical. It looks it maybe, however it is never stated as what it is and ignores the rules for Electricity.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

@nickzambuto

2 things to note. First Venom Sting is not Electricity. It is not!

It clearly travels through Leather, Plastic, and Organic Webs! Non of these thing are Electrical mediums. Yet Venom sting travels through them.

Second, Spider Man would not have survived a All out Venom Sting the first time. It was clear Miles was holding back on it and afraid he put out too much Sting on Peter. After all Miles has KOed guys like Omega Red, Scorpion, Giant Woman after a few lightly place Stings, and one shoted Venom in Desperateness. I know you will all be like "Aaaargh Venom is weak to Electricity" when his Merger with Carnage should negate that since Carnage was Weak against nothing! It seem more likely Venom freaked out at the insane possibility being done in by that single attack and fled till he was more prepared for it the second time. Also as I said Venom sting is clearly no Electrical. It looks it maybe, however it is never stated as what it is and ignores the rules for Electricity.

You- You didn't answer my question at all!

#31 Edited by Jmarshmallow (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: You are correct! My mistake! However, that just goes to show that Spidey thinks extremely smart when it comes to his webbing.

@jashro44: Ah, I remember that fight, thank you very much.

However, it looks to me like Spidey pretty much had the upper hand the entire fight? Yes, his attacks didnt really phase Wolverine. But Wolverine couldn't really do anything to Spidey either.

Jmarshmallow

#32 Posted by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Lol I don't know about you, but I don't consider getting my head smashed over and over in a gravestone "winning", regardless of how happy I was while its happening. The point is, while Spidey would have trouble actually killing him, he still had the advantage.

And truthfully, the web incap is a backup plan at best. It's not necessary to K/O them, but it would definitely be a fallback plan if nothing else was working. And that would be with just one Spidey, let alone four. While two of them distracted the four, the other two could easily hit them with the webbing. Game over.

And "minor" strength edge? The most powerful of the Super Soldier team is probably Deathstroke, and he isn't anything more than a 4-tonner, and that's being extremely generous.

Don't even get my started in the difference in speed. None of them should even be able to TOUCH Spidey, let alone calling it a "hair's difference."

And leagues better martial artists is a stretch considering that his fighting style is perfecetly suited for his powers, but granted they are better.

Still, Spidey's physicals can easily make up for what he barely lacks in fighting skill.

Jmarshmallow

He let Peter smash his head against the gravestone for the lulz. He could have done something about it if he wanted, and even if the fight did end there I would consider it a win for Wolverine since that was pretty humiliating for Spidey. But as you can see in the scans Jashro posted, Wolverine had Spider-Man completely dead to rights.

Both Cap and BP vastly outclass Deathstroke in strength. Cap created a shockwave just from colliding with his opponent that sent a mob of men flying back, and Black Panther has all the strength of every Panther to ever exist before him. They can match the Spiders in strength, and if not, they only lag behind slightly. Admittedly neither Deathstroke nor Wolverine are strong enough to compete here, damage output is more important than strength, and the both of them use weapons that would oneshot anybody here.

As for speed, I assume you're a bit ignorant of Ultimate Cap, because he is easily just as speedy as Spider-Man. Meanwhile Black Panther was already matching Peter Parker in agility before his enhancements, and Logan speaks for himself. Someone more knowledgable of Deathstroke can speak for him.

#33 Posted by jashro44 (22966 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: electricity actually does travel through both plastic (with a high enough voltage) and leather IIRC so I don't see how that disproves its electricity. Also we really don't know the chemical make up of webbing so maybe webbing is conductive.

#34 Posted by Jmarshmallow (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I'm not exactly convinced about the whole Wolverine fight. I don't see how in any way, shape, or form that would count as a win for Wolverine, regardless of how "humiliating" it was. Point is, Spidey had the upper hand, Wolverine barely landed any hits. That can't be refuted.

And you're absolutely correct, I am fairly ignorant in regards to Ult. Cap. But I find it extremely hard to believe that he is a casual machine-gun-fire dodger.

And are you saying that ANY of these Super Soldiers are 10 tonners, which Spidey is at LEAST?....

Jmarshmallow

#35 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: electricity actually does travel through both plastic (with a high enough voltage) and leather IIRC so I don't see how that disproves its electricity. Also we really don't know the chemical make up of webbing so maybe webbing is conductive.

The webbing is used to hold Electro >_> So spider Man can touch him >_> Really? Also Plastic is not a conducter at all. When you plug something in in socket, its plastic part that you hold covering the metal conductor on the inside. >_>

#36 Edited by nickzambuto (14153 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I'm not exactly convinced about the whole Wolverine fight. I don't see how in any way, shape, or form that would count as a win for Wolverine, regardless of how "humiliating" it was. Point is, Spidey had the upper hand, Wolverine barely landed any hits. That can't be refuted.

And you're absolutely correct, I am fairly ignorant in regards to Ult. Cap. But I find it extremely hard to believe that he is a casual machine-gun-fire dodger.

And are you saying that ANY of these Super Soldiers are 10 tonners, which Spidey is at LEAST?....

Jmarshmallow

Spidey might have landed more hits, but that's the point of a healing factor. They did absolutely nothing. Just look at the end of the fight and it is pretty clear who won.

As for strength, yeah Cap qualifies as an easy 10 tonner, especially in striking feats. BP might be too. As for Logan and Slade, they can oneshot anybody here, so they don't need strength.

OHOOOOO FUNNY YOU SHOULD BRING UP MACHINE GUN SPECIFICALLY FIRE MY FRIEND!

@cadencev2 Take it from here my man. You know what I'm getting at.

#37 Posted by 106me (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Agreed.

@nickzambuto: Show me a scan where the super soldiers lift 20 tons. Show me a scan where they dodge gunfire at point blank range. Show me a scan where the soldiers can outmatch spiderman in agility. They can't. I'm not trying to make you look bad, but you have to do more research on spiderman. He does outclass the super soldiers by A LOT in terms of powers.

#38 Edited by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I think the strength edge the Spiders have is more than narrow. The strongest guy in the Super Soldier team is Ult Cap (9-10 tonner). Deathstroke is likely a 5 tonner give or take. Wolverine is a 1-2 tonner. Black Panther's strength is unknown, but he's stronger than he was when he was in Hell's Kitchen (Peak Human) and when he was on the Herb (which enhanced him to Cap's level, who IMO is quite close to Logan stat wise).

Compare to Spider-Man, who has feats that place in around the 15-20 ton range at rest, which considerably rises when under duress. Then you have Kaine, who is on panel shown to be stronger, thanks to statements on the enhancement The Other gives you, and breaking through Chains designed to hold Peter. Miguel is roughly comparable to Peter, and Miles effortlessly tossed a Police Car about 10 meters with it twisting in the air. He's also knocked out a Giant Woman, so he probably at around Ult Cap's level.

In anycase, I don't think the strength edge is the defining parameter for victory. Wolverine is famed for his Blunt Trauma durability. Ult Cap has survived aftershocks from massive explosions and has taken hits from 100 tonners on frequent occasions. Deathstroke has his Nth Metal Armor which protects a large part of his body. And if Black Panther has his Vibranuim suit (I don't know if he does though), it would protect him from Blunt Trauma attacks. So the Super Soldiers have ways to compensate against that. Furthermore, both Wolverine, Deathstroke and BP utilize penetrative weaponry (energy daggers, claws, Adamantuim, Swords etc), which are more than capable of harming the Spiders.

I do think the Spiders win, but IMO its because of versatility. While Wolverine's Combat Speed has kept up with Spider-Man (And both him and Kaine has praised him on that regard). I also believe that Ult Cap, Deathstroke and BP are not to far off either Peter, Kaine or Miguel either, and go on to say that they are feat wise quicker than Miles. However, their avoidance and agility isn't as close to the Spiders . Furthermore, neither Logan or BP has fought Peter post his training with Shang-Chi, which amped his Combat Speed to the point where he was Speed-Blitzing multiple Spider-Powered foes (able to see bullets in slow motion) sans Spider-Sense. Even if we assume Peter hasn't got that much faster, he's still got Cyro-Pellets, Restrictive Thermodynamic foam as well as Acidic Webbing to fall back on. He knows Pressure points, which would enhance his striking potential. And he has the standard Incap route. Kaine has got his Stingers and Mark of Kaine, which unlike Peter, he's more willing to use. Such an attack can easily blind someone, and against anyone other than Wolverine that's going to take them out the fight. And while he doesn't use webbing Nearly as much as he should, it is still their for him to fall back up. Finally he's got the other, which can involuntarily take control of him, and heighten his stats considerably.

Miguel is similar to Kaine. He has a toxic bite that has felled Cyborg's and weakened Namor sufficiently to one shot him with a blow which sent him flying at least 100 feet away, as well as claws, and his morals are more laxed. And Miles Morals has his famed Invisibility and Venom strike. As well as the two having the asforementioned webbing.

So again, I do think the Spiders take it, but its close. I just feel they have more options available, and while the strength isn't nearly as important as people are making out, it does open routes such as temporary BFR to make the numbers more favourable, or Submission by trapping opponents under large objects. Although saying that IIRC BP can teleport and turn invisible, though that is somewhat countered by Peter and Miles Spider-Sense and Miguel's heightened awareness.

Speaking of Supersoldier's I'll gander at @super_soldierxii thoughts. @god_spawn can tag along too.

and @strider92 >:)

#39 Edited by Funsiized (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

If i wanted to argue against the Spidey team(I actually believe they win in this instance), then i would say as such.

DS Head shots at least one.

His Armor covers him from Miles Sting(IMO. the dude tanked a SUBMARINE)

BP Skill helps him stay alive.

Caps Skill helps him stay alive.

Wolverines HF Helps him stay alive.

#40 Posted by 106me (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I disagree with you, but I respect you for putting in actual logic rather than just blurting out nonsense and ignorance against the spidermen.

#41 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I actually think the sting would work against BP, and I wasn't going to say anything about Miles vs Venom. I just said Cap would have more resilience than Peter did, is all.

#42 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me: @nickzambuto: Well.... For all things Ult. Cap, Click here.

Ultimate Cap with Gear can easily take any Spider Man opponent one on one IMO. Also Ultimate cap is reaction wise faster than Bullets.

1) Cap dodges computer targeting AK-47 with no Shield.

2) Cap dodges bullets from Military.

3-5) Reacts and Blocks electricity attacks. He does this again for a Silver Herald.

6) Bullets dodging from 360 degrees.

7) Cap actually reacts and moves faster than the Bullet Tranqs from Hawkeye's guns! Clint clearly fires first and Cap reacts second. Great feat.

8-9) Cap Reacts to Silver Herald Electric attack after it was fired!

#43 Posted by jashro44 (22966 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: yea I messed up. I just double checked.

#44 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: yea I messed up. I just double checked.

I remember this specificly as Peter said in the first issues of New Avengers he uses Webs to beat on Electro. So how did the Venom Sting travel the webs? Its not electrical at all imo.

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (43797 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiders.

#46 Posted by dondave (38586 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

If i wanted to argue against the Spidey team(I actually believe they win in this instance), then i would say as such.

DS Head shots at least one.

His Armor covers him from Miles Sting(IMO. the dude tanked a SUBMARINE)

Spider-Man without his Spider-Sense managed to avoid being Sliced in half by Mr Negative, who was not only dodging (possibly) amped bullets from the Hood at near Point Blank range, but was actually slicing them in half. Kaine is faster, and Miguel is just as fast as Peter at least (sans Spider-Sense). Slade will struggle to lop off heads.

Miles Sting has shown to be conductive through a variety of surfaces. And Deathstroke's armor doesn't cover all of his body.

#48 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@106me said:

@laflux: I disagree with you, but I respect you for putting in actual logic rather than just blurting out nonsense and ignorance against the spidermen.

So you think the Spiders win more comfortably. That's works fine for me, though I personally don't see it edging more than 5.5 to 6.5/10 for the Spider team.

#49 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6471 posts) - - Show Bio
@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Man, you are coming off as a little too much the fanboy TBH (I'm not calling you such, I'm simply stating the impression your comments leave). I don't mean to be harsh, sorry, but I speak truth. You're laying it a little thick.

Spider-Man does not "outclass" Wolverine in every respect. Despite WotS, Wolverine remains a far, far better fighter for one. And Logan's durability far, far outshines Parker's own for another. So in two hugely important categories, Wolverine far outshines Parker. Strength and avoidance are where Parker, admittedly, towers over Logan. The former is inconsequential (detailed below) and the latter is the only, and I repeat, only reason Parker does not die immediately in a brawl with Logan. Owing mostly to his spider-sense. What about speed you ask? Yeah. Parker's definitely faster. But not so much so as to matter overly much in a brawl (not insofar as combat reflexes are concerned). Parker himself was amazed at how fast Logan was in a fight, nearly as fast as he is.

Spider-Man's principle damage dealing ability is blunt force. Which is Wolverine's bread and butter. What is Parker's weakness? Slashing and piercing damage. Six twelve inch claws need only seriously tag Parker but once.

Spider-Man wins a majority against Wolverine via incap due to webbing. That is all. However, making this a group battle can change that dynamic to an extent.

@106me said:

I don't think Spider-Man would ever come close to soloing this group on his best of days. Bloodlust him, morals off, and put pom poms in his hands, he would still lose a solid majority against this group.

@laflux

And damn you for dragging me into yet another Spider-Man versus Wolverine battle thread ... damn you!!!

I think if the Spider's play this smart, it's their fight to lose. Mostly, as you said, due to versatility (read: webbing). I think Deathstroke is the loose canon, and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up killing one of the Spiders in the battle with but a splash of realism, not surprised at all. The others would be pulling their punches, holding back death blows.

That said, if the Spiders make this a brawl, I feel they lose.

#50 Edited by Funsiized (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Spider-Man without his Spider-Sense managed to avoid being Sliced in half by Mr Negative, who was not only dodging (possibly) amped bullets from the Hood at near Point Blank range, but was actually slicing them in half. Kaine is faster, and Miguel is just as fast as Peter at least (sans Spider-Sense). Slade will struggle to lop off heads.

i was basing it more on Slade's Accuracy and cunning mind(Movement prediction) Rather than The speed of the bullets being to much for the spiders...i hope that makes sense.

Oh, and im talking about this kind of accuracy

Miles Sting has shown to be conductive through a variety of surfaces. And Deathstroke's armor doesn't cover all of his body.

Wait. So his sting is conductive, but not electricity? im confused.

What i can say, again, DS may be More than capable of reacting to a Spider, Not simply due to his enhancements. But we can also add in his "soldiers edge"

Even Catching him by surprise, The alien couldn't even Tag him.

I would show the scan of him "Shooting what he can't see" But i really don't feel like getting it.