spiders

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By 14NC3

what comic is that superior spider-man and spider-man 2099 pic from?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By laflux

I'd be tempted to go for Team 2. Luke Cage can be beaten by any of Team 2 IMO, but without any use of Precise skills (i.e pressure points), the both SpOck and Spider-Man 2099 are going to struggle to wear them down. Incap probably won't be effective, due to the Strength of Cage- he should be able to break free of it given his feats, and the claws and fangs of SpOck and O'Hara are probably not going to be able to Render Cage's skin (Even if we ignore his showings against Carnage). This is a shame for 2099 Spider-Man, as his venom would most likely effect Cage, who only has a slight healing factor- Unless he kisses him, which I doubt is going to happen :P .

As for Iron Fist, a major reason he stated why couldn't beat Peter Parker was due to his Spider-Sense, which he even called low grade telepathy. Now he's fighting these opponents. One of them, O'Hara hasn't got a Spider-Sense, although makes up for somewhat with heightened awareness (though this would most likely only be useful for first/surprise attack). The other, SpOck, doesn't have perfect synergy with his body, and has stated to override it, or otherwise not use it as well as Peter (ala his second fight With Wolverine). Furthermore, there more aggressive styles are going to lend them to being tagged more, which obviously a disadvantage. I think Iron fist is close to the duo speed wise, not to mention he can perform powerful attacks without charging. He also has the skill advantage as well, and should be able to power his way through webbing.

I feel that O'Hara's venom could most likely get through Iron Fist (despite his Chi enhanced healing), but I don think Biting is a tactic O'Hara would do often Morals on, even with his mindset, or at least not often enough for it to be a determining factor in the battle.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the spiders even hurt Luke Cage? I don't think so. IMO if Peter can web up Iron Man so thickly and securely that he can't escape, SpOck can do the same to Cage. Then they double team Iron Fist.

Basically, it all comes down to whether the webs will hold Cage, which I firmly believe they will.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the spiders even hurt Luke Cage? I don't think so. IMO if Peter can web up Iron Man so thickly and securely that he can't escape, SpOck can do the same to Cage. Then they double team Iron Fist.

Basically, it all comes down to whether the webs will hold Cage, which I firmly believe they will.

Considering that Iron Man is a Hundred Tonner, and that weaker characters has ripped through webbing, its at the very least a quitehigh end showing. Also I do believe that the Spiders can Hurt Cage with standard blows. And Organic webbing is explicitly stated to be stronger than its synthetic variant, which SpOck would be using (as opposed to Peter's Organic webbing vs Iron Man), as he's inhabiting Peter's body post The Other.........

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@nickzambuto said:

Considering that Iron Man is a Hundred Tonner, and that weaker characters has ripped through webbing, its at the very least a quitehigh end showing. Also I do believe that the Spiders can Hurt Cage with standard blows. And Organic webbing is explicitly stated to be stronger than its synthetic variant, which SpOck would be using (as opposed to Peter's Organic webbing vs Iron Man), as he's inhabiting Peter's body post The Other.........

Nobody's ever ripped through the webbing when Spider-Man cocoons them as thoroughly as he did Iron Man. The organic webbing might be stronger than synthetic, but likewise Luke Cage is weaker than Iron Man.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laflux

@nickzambuto: And how often has Peter done that? Let alone SpOck, who's more aggressive nature means he's more likely to go H2H?

Also Hulk has, which is really superfluous to the scenario, but BT has done a similar feat, although it was with impact webbing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

@laflux said:

@nickzambuto: And how often has Peter done that? Let alone SpOck, who's more aggressive nature means he's more likely to go H2H?

Also Hulk has, which is really superfluous to the scenario, but BT has done a similar feat, although it was with impact webbing.

Peter web incaps all the time. SpOck and O'hara are both plenty smart enough to figure out that they won't win h2h, and it's not like they aren't skilled enough to do it just as well as Peter (Ock actually seems better with the webs than Peter was)

Contrary to popular belief, Luke Cage has been beyond his classic 25 tons for awhile now. However I still seriously doubt he's anywhere close to breaking out of a web cocoon.

Yes I know that's Peter. Ock still has all his memories and experience, I'm sure once the super genius realizes he's outmatched, he can figure out this might be a good option.

Iron Fist is no problem, Spider-Man's already beaten him - or at least gotten the better of him, back in the 90s. They were pretty even at first, but once Peter got pissed off he started dominating. What was it you said about SpOck being more aggressive...?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Actually he lost Peter's memories in SS issue 9 IIRC.

And Iron Fist in the 90's<<Current Iron Fist. I think Peter beats Iron Fist, but has key advantages in his fighting style which I mentioned earlier, when compared to SpOck and O'Hara.

SpOck is more Aggressive. He's killed massacre, and his brutality in dealing with criminals, even jobber ones like screwball, was what was led to the Avengers calling him up on his behavior. It also means he's more sloppy, and he hasn't shown the level of skill and experience that Peter has.

As for Incap, I know Peter uses it all the time, however what happened against Iron Man was more of a one time thing. He's done similar things- such as to hold the daily bugle, or to put out a fire caused by an evil supervillian chemist (his name escapes me) in Spider-Man, the return of the Black Cat, but they are rare, when compared to other instances of him using webbing. I still think Cage should be able to break through the amount used on him- given his feats. However, I do feel the speed difference the Spiders have over Lucas should mean they would wear him down over time.

Avatar image for gogopowerrangers
gogopowerrangers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage and Iron Fist, mainly because of IF in this particular scenario he's much better suited

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XLR87T3

Iron Fist can one-shot the spiders. He has hurt World War Hulk with those fists. I still don't see how Powerman is ever catching the arachnids...

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@nickzambuto: Actually he lost Peter's memories in SS issue 9 IIRC.

And Iron Fist in the 90's<<Current Iron Fist. I think Peter beats Iron Fist, but has key advantages in his fighting style which I mentioned earlier, when compared to SpOck and O'Hara.

SpOck is more Aggressive. He's killed massacre, and his brutality in dealing with criminals, even jobber ones like screwball, was what was led to the Avengers calling him up on his behavior. It also means he's more sloppy, and he hasn't shown the level of skill and experience that Peter has.

As for Incap, I know Peter uses it all the time, however what happened against Iron Man was more of a one time thing. He's done similar things- such as to hold the daily bugle, or to put out a fire caused by an evil supervillian chemist (his name escapes me) in Spider-Man, the return of the Black Cat, but they are rare, when compared to other instances of him using webbing. I still think Cage should be able to break through the amount used on him- given his feats. However, I do feel the speed difference the Spiders have over Lucas should mean they would wear him down over time.

The same can be said about Spider-Man. 90s Peter Parker would get stomped by recent Pete, and though I hate to say it, the entire thing about Superior Spider-Man is that Doc Ock is apparently better than Peter Parker. That's what Dan Slott (for God knows what reason) has been playing up ever since ASM700. SpOck is more brutal than Peter, but he's never shown himself to be overly aggressive or sloppy. He's never gotten angry and screwed up, rather, his laxed morals allow him to go places Peter Parker never would, so that's another advantage in this scenario.

Octavious did indeed lose Peter's memories recently, I had neglected to account for that. However, it's not like a web incap is some convoluted tactic no one would ever think of. Again, Octavius is smarter than Peter Parker, and he's consistently been shown to one-up the previous Spider-Man every chance he gets.

What feats does Cage have that says he can break the webbing? Like you just mentioned, Spider-Man's webbing has held up a collapsed portion of the Daily Bugle. It's also restricted some pretty tough opponents in small strands; an entire cocoon would surely bind Cage tight.