#51 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Spider all day everyday. Most of those people are dead before the fight really begins.

#52 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanpgh said:

oh ok, my bad. I havent kept up with Scarlet Spider, the last one I knew was Ben Reilly lol. That being said, no way are 5 Spider-men, including Kaine, beating a team of 30+ DC street levelers, with a group that includes the Bat-family, Deathstroke and Bane. I've seen them beat 30+ random thugs before, but most of these dudes are high level threats who have beat dudes with Spider-man stats on several occasions. If you put a set roster against them, sure, but there are simply to many

Huntress

Wildcat

Catwomen

Green Arrow

Green Arrow

Blue Bettle

Robin

Nightwing

Question

Speedy

Arsenal

Bane

Raza Ghul

Plunder

Murmur

Batgirl

Captain Cold

Heat Wave

Captain Boomerang I

Cheshire

Ragdoll I & II

Deadshot

Scandal

Catman

Talia

Mister Terrible

Deathstroke

Batman

Red Hood

and plenty more

Actually every DC street leveler is well over a hundred characters. There's so many. EVERY single street level character? Yeah. 5 Spider-Men ain't winning this. I agree on that. However, I'm debating on how they would pretty much wreck through every single street-level. They'll probably lose to fatigue if anything else.

There has to be a set roster if this anybody is going to be able to argue one way or another. But yeah if they went one-by-one they would eventually be defeated because they just get so damn worn out from fighting and fighting and fighting.

#53 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996: Agreed. There needs to be a set roster, or at least a title of all the characters, like all characters related to Batman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, etc. etc.

#54 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom can easily mind control alot of them as seen above. He also states if he dies that the symbiote and Demon would be free unleashing so much chaos.

#55 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanpgh said:

I agree. Venom is a borderline team buster as is, and Flash Gordon (Agent Venom) is a borderline street leveler (due to military training, and football conditioning) without the suit.

that being said, Green Arrow, Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Huntress, Bane, Batgirl, Deadshot, Slade, Karate Kid, Shiva, Animal Man ect would give the Spider-Team HUGE problems.

Street Levelers take 7/10 IMO

Heh. Flash Thompson. Gordon is... different.

Actually every DC street leveler is well over a hundred characters. There's so many. EVERY single street level character? Yeah. 5 Spider-Men ain't winning this. I agree on that. However, I'm debating on how they would pretty much wreck through every single street-level. They'll probably lose to fatigue if anything else.

Didn't Peter fight against Morlun for something like 12 hours before getting too tired/damaged to keep fighting? During that fight, he was getting the crap kicked out of him. In this scenario, pretty much everyone will be one shotting or incapacitating via web, and considering they'll be taking significantly less damage, and taking into account the different abilities that the rest of the team has to avoid damage, I think they could manage to keep fighting long enough to win.

#56 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Didn't Peter fight against Morlun for something like 12 hours before getting too tired/damaged to keep fighting? During that fight, he was getting the crap kicked out of him. In this scenario, pretty much everyone will be one shotting or incapacitating via web, and considering they'll be taking significantly less damage, and taking into account the different abilities that the rest of the team has to avoid damage, I think they could manage to keep fighting long enough to win.

That's impressive but this battle would last days, if not weeks.

#57 Edited by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Perhaps. It depends on how fast they could take out the opposing team. I think they could do it quickly enough to win, before too many go down. I see Kaine and Venom as the last ones standing due to higher durability and healing factor, and stealth capabilities. Plus, they may go find someplace to rest for a while. Peter did that in his fight with Morlun, as well. Although I'd get if that's against the rules, or not completely within the other spiders' characters.

#58 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@mitran said:

Perhaps. It depends on how fast they could take out the opposing team. I think they could do it quickly enough to win, before too many go down. I see Kaine and Venom as the last ones standing due to higher durability and healing factor, and stealth capabilities. Plus, they may go find someplace to rest for a while. Peter did that in his fight with Morlun, as well. Although I'd get if that's against the rules, or not completely within the other spiders' character.

I agree. Kaine and Venom will be the last ones standing. Kaine will be able to slip away and rest with his cloak, but if he's sleeping there are some DC street levelers who can see through cloaking with their tech.

#59 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@mitran said:

Perhaps. It depends on how fast they could take out the opposing team. I think they could do it quickly enough to win, before too many go down. I see Kaine and Venom as the last ones standing due to higher durability and healing factor, and stealth capabilities. Plus, they may go find someplace to rest for a while. Peter did that in his fight with Morlun, as well. Although I'd get if that's against the rules, or not completely within the other spiders' character.

I agree. Kaine and Venom will be the last ones standing. Kaine will be able to slip away and rest with his cloak, but if he's sleeping there are some DC street levelers who can see through cloaking with their tech.

I would doubt it for Kaine. His suit was said to bend all sound and light, so as long as he keeps it on, I don't see any way for the opposing team to find him other than vibrations and odor, and they won't necessarily think of that quickly enough.

#60 Posted by robertloucksjr (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3 said:

@oreoassassin:

I think that there might be too many street levellers for the spiders to handle. You should add in ben riley and Ultimate Peter.

And Arachnae (now Madame Web I think).

#61 Edited by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: Is that not Venom who isn't in this.

Even with that inclusion you have hundreds of characters with an assortment of powers from Ragmans soul cloak, Canary Cry, Vertigo's distortion ability to vampires.

All DC street is to open ended for it to be anything but a stomp. The Spider characters will be buried from the various projectiles alone from that many characters

dodge it?! you say may as well try and dodge a wave in the ocean

#63 Edited by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by spartanpgh (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent even seen the Spider dudes one shot Marvel street levelers, much less an army of them.

Punisher, Moon Knight, Daredevil, Kraven, all dudes who have given the Spidermen problems.

#65 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: That's why I asked

Point still stands the thread is just to open ended, they will be instantly overwhelmed

#66 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Venom controlled many people in that scan and if he was to die the Demon would be released and the symbiote as well.

#67 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I do not see them taking all of the street level fighters in DC. People like Grifter could basically win the game fairly easily.

#68 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Grifter is not street level (Atleast not that I know of). And Venom can take control of let's say 10 of them. Those 10 die as they fight but kill 10. He controls another 10 and so on and so on.

#70 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

@dextersinister: Venom controlled many people in that scan and if he was to die the Demon would be released and the symbiote as well.

Yes he did control a few people but that was a bunch of nobodies taken by surprise

He had the demon in the scan but I suspect that was an arc only thing and why wouldn't this demon attack the other Spiders?

#72 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Grifter is not street level (Atleast not that I know of). And Venom can take control of let's say 10 of them. Those 10 die as they fight but kill 10. He controls another 10 and so on and so on.

Grifter is street level, he was part of team seven, and he has very nice telekinesis to hold them up in the air and shoot them. Not to mention Midnighter,

#73 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's how I see it:

Every Spider character has the potential to one-shot much of the DC superteam. They will be taking people down left and right with just punches, and webbing. This is just a standard ability that every one of them has. They also have the ability to avoid damage for an incredibly long amount of time due to agility, spider-sense, and/or skill. They also have a good amount of endurance; Spider-man got the crap kicked out of him for about 12 hours while fighting Morlun, and of the rest of the Spiders, only Miles really has lesser stats than him. They should be able to fight for a long time without needing a break; if they do, they're plenty fast enough to lose most of the DC team and rest for a few hours before jumping back into battle or being found.

Then you get into each character's separate abilities.

Venom, Miles, and Kaine all have the capability to go into a stealth mode and take out opponents that way. This may not work against tech-heavy characters like Batman and co, but against a majority of DC's team, it will allow a solid advantage, especially if they need to sneak up on snipers or other long-range opponents.

Kaine, Superior, Venom, and 2099 all have piercing or slashing damage that may work better against blunt damage soaking enemies, and Miles has a venom blast that can disrupt energy types and one-shot/possibly kill other opponents.

Peter is the most highly trained on the spider-team, and will be incredibly difficult to hit due to his spider-sense working with his training. Superior technically has the same-ish training as Peter, but not really. They both do carry gear that should allow for a good variety of incaps or takedowns on more diverse characters.

Venom has possibly the highest damage soak present, as well as a healing factor that'll keep him up even when he does take damage. He also has guns which, although every street leveler worth their salt can dodge while alone, will prove effective against large crowds that allow for little maneuverability. Also, he can apparently mind control, which if he does to enough of the right people could be pretty significant, although it may come at the cost of his mobility - it looked like he needed to maintain physical contact via tendrils in order to keep control.

Basically, the spider team is diverse enough to take out any DC opponents, and can last long enough to eventually put the other team down. This isn't going to be easy. I see a lot of Spiders being lost, Miles falling first, then Superior, 2099, Peter, with Kaine and Venom standing at the end - Kaine just barely. The problem with the DC team is too many of them are close to peak human stats, with very few metas and none near the Spider-team's. The difference in stats is too huge a gap to take lightly. Also, the Spiders would only win if they split up. Realistically, they can only engage in small groups at a time, and this would allow for protection against ranged characters and from being swamped. Hide behind some people, beat the people up, hide behind some more people, repeat. They're all competent enough to do so.

As I typed up that last bit I think I realized the impossibility of the odds they're facing, but I don't want to delete this thing because it took a lot of thought. So... I'm not entirely convinced, but take it as you will. Although if they are allowed to run off and take breaks, their chances improve. It's definitely going to be a loooooonnng haul.

#74 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Noobies or not, the symbiote can control anyone regardless. He still has the Demon. He's a contender for a replacement for Mephisto of Hell and it wasn't an arc only.

#75 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

Grifter is street level, he was part of team seven, and he has very nice telekinesis to hold them up in the air and shoot them. Not to mention Midnighter,

Pre-52 DC.

#76 Posted by spartanpgh (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Noobies or not, the symbiote can control anyone regardless. He still has the Demon. He's a contender for a replacement for Mephisto of Hell and it wasn't an arc only.

Is this a new thing? I've seen Venom get beat plenty of times without any demon's emerging.

And like I said before, Venom, and Spidey have been given serious trouble by much lower street level characters like Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, ect

#77 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: wow very very nice argument. Compliments to you my friend

#78 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3 said:

1. Batman
  2. Nightwing
  3. Tim Drake
  4. Cass Cain
  5. Batwoman
  6. Green Arrow
  7. Huntress
  8. Catwoman
  9. Arsenal/red arrow
  10. Deadshot
  11. Deathstroke
  12. Bane
  13. Ras Al Ghul
  14. Question
  15. Wildcat
  16. Plunder
  17. steph brown
  18. black canary
  19. lady blackhawk
  20. lady Shiva
  21. Connor Hawke
  22. Azrael
  23. Rose Wilson
  24. Doctor mid-night
  25. katana
  26. grifter
  27. vigilante

Grifter isn't Pre-52 DC.

Grifter team 7 Flash point

#79 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

Grifter is pre-52 Dc, he leads Team 7 in flash point

#80 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

Is this a new thing? I've seen Venom get beat plenty of times without any demon's emerging.

And like I said before, Venom, and Spidey have been given serious trouble by much lower street level characters like Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, ect

They've also lasted against Juggernaut and knocked out Hulk and Firelord. You're lowballing.

#81 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: It's the opposite when fights against street levelers are more common

#82 Edited by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartanpgh: Read the scan closely. It states if Flash dies THEN the Demon will be released. And the symbiote aswell

#83 Edited by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

Team 7 was in Wildstorm until New 52.

#84 Edited by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: It's the opposite when fights against street levelers are more common

And Spider-man generally holds back while fighting other street levelers. To say that one with no qualms about seriously injuring or killing any of those characters would still lose to them or even have trouble with them, is wrong. Especially considering that they are much more skilled now than when they fought before.

#85 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

He was first introduced in Flash Point. Here is something telling the storyline.

"

Flashpoint

In the Flashpoint timeline, Grifter is the leader of the United Kingdom's resistance movement against the Amazons.[9] In a flashback, Grifter assembles Team 7 to battle against Muslim extremistsin the Middle East, until they were killed. Grifter was saved by Penny Black (Britannia) and escapes from the Middle East. While Grifter was recovering, the United Kingdom is invaded by the Amazons. Grifter assembles the Resistance to fight against the Amazons. In the present, Lois Lane is rescued by the Resistance from a camp just before she is converted into an Amazon. It is revealed that the Resistance were helping to find Penny's armor prototype at Westminster, as it could turn the war around. While the Resistance are headed towards Westminster, Resistance member Miss Hyde betrays them and contacts the Furies. She then tries to make the Resistance surrender by holding a knife to the throat of Lois.[10] However, Miss Hyde regains control of the body and fights the Amazons, allowing the Resistance to gain the upper hand. After they escape the Westminster Palace, Grifter gathers with Britannia, who has then recovered her armor and found a group of released prisoners. The two then lead the Resistance in an all-out battle against the Amazons.[11] Grifter and the Resistance arrive to attack in the Atlantean/Amazon war, and Grifter heralds their arrival by shooting an Atlantean twice in the head. Grifter is killed in battle by Enchantress.[12] "

Here is an example

#86 Edited by patrat18 (9761 posts) - - Show Bio

Levelers stomp.

#87 Edited by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: @mitran: Here's what actually happens when you pit 6 characters against hundreds of named characters

They get shredded from projectiles, burned with flame throwers, hit with multiple sound blasts, mentally assaulted by various mind attacks, unable to hit because of Vertigo effect, attacked by T-spheres, assaulted by vampires and other characters with enhanced stats or tendril like abilities such as ragman

and do you honestly think there isn't a couple of dozen characters among the hundreds such as Terrific or vampires that have various ways to detect invisible foes

That's holding back on his striking power as it is most Spiders get cut up just as easily as the next guy

#88 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

He was first introduced in Flash Point. Here is something telling the storyline.

"

Flashpoint

In the Flashpoint timeline, Grifter is the leader of the United Kingdom's resistance movement against the Amazons.[9] In a flashback, Grifter assembles Team 7 to battle against Muslim extremistsin the Middle East, until they were killed. Grifter was saved by Penny Black (Britannia) and escapes from the Middle East. While Grifter was recovering, the United Kingdom is invaded by the Amazons. Grifter assembles the Resistance to fight against the Amazons. In the present, Lois Lane is rescued by the Resistance from a camp just before she is converted into an Amazon. It is revealed that the Resistance were helping to find Penny's armor prototype at Westminster, as it could turn the war around. While the Resistance are headed towards Westminster, Resistance member Miss Hyde betrays them and contacts the Furies. She then tries to make the Resistance surrender by holding a knife to the throat of Lois.[10] However, Miss Hyde regains control of the body and fights the Amazons, allowing the Resistance to gain the upper hand. After they escape the Westminster Palace, Grifter gathers with Britannia, who has then recovered her armor and found a group of released prisoners. The two then lead the Resistance in an all-out battle against the Amazons.[11] Grifter and the Resistance arrive to attack in the Atlantean/Amazon war, and Grifter heralds their arrival by shooting an Atlantean twice in the head. Grifter is killed in battle by Enchantress.[12] "

Here is an example

You'll notice that says "In the Flashpoint timeline." Which is not the same as the Pre-52 DC Earth, unless you're arguing that in Pre-52 earth, the Atlanteans and Amazons were at war. In that case, the Batman we're using can be Thomas Wayne.

#89 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

SO MUCH

DURAB-

ILITY!!!!

#90 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

"

Flashpoint

Here is an example

You'll notice that says "In the Flashpoint timeline." Which is not the same as the Pre-52 DC Earth, unless you're arguing that in Pre-52 earth, the Atlanteans and Amazons were at war. In that case, the Batman we're using can be Thomas Wayne.

Technically we should use both.

#91 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by Dextersinister (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: You are arguing a futile battle and posting scans of taking a couple of nasty looking hits isn't relevant when he is being attacked by hundreds of characters using various attacks

#93 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiders better be careful.....He is just one out of many.

#94 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: @mitran: Here's what actually happens when you pit 6 characters against hundreds of named characters

They get shredded from projectiles, burned with flame throwers, hit with multiple sound blasts, mentally assaulted by various mind attacks, unable to hit because of Vertigo effect, attacked by T-spheres, assaulted by vampires and other characters with enhanced stats or tendril like abilities such as ragman

and do you honestly think there isn't a couple of dozen characters among the hundreds such as Terrific or vampires that have various ways to detect invisible foes

That's holding back on his striking power as it is most Spiders get cut up just as easily as the next guy

I already said I don't believe the Spiders could do it anymore. I'm arguing against how they go down.

They are in a mixture of Gotham and New York. This is the Spiders' home element. It will be incredibly crowded for DC's characters and will severely impede their ability to hit the spiders. The fight starts and the projectiles are launched? The Spiders have either ducked into an alley or jumped several stories in the air to avoid, because they have the speed and strength to do so. Then they land in the middle of the DC superteam and any projectile cast runs the risk of hitting a teammate. Mind attacks are just about the only quick way to take down some, but others like Kaine and Venom (I think) have resistance against it and could conceivably single out telepaths and take them out of the game. Vertigo effect? Yeah, if he can find them before getting one-shotted, because they're literally 6 in a 1000. T-sphere's? You're ignoring their agility. Vampires? Maybe, but they have to be some pretty significantly stacked vamps to be able to compete physically, and could possibly be webbed up (I admit I don't know much about DC vamps, so just tell me if they are capable). Very, very few of the DC team is enhanced enough to compete physically with the Spiders, and even then the combination of physical stats, gear and other talents mean they could still win.

I do think there are characters that could find a stealth type. The thing is, it isn't that useful in a fight, the way I'm talking. They aren't going to play hide and seek, they're going to go stealth for maybe half a minute, target a few characters - most likely ranged ones, or heavier threats that need to go down quickly - and go back to regular mode. Considering the spiders' speed, there isn't enough time for the ones who can detect them to alert the ones who can't. Also, if they play it smart, they could target the tracking ones in the first place, and then they will be able to go rest for a bit.

I don't know who's striking power you're talking about. But generally the Spiders are quick and agile enough to avoid piercing damage, and can and have fought through it before.

The only reason the Spider team goes down is because of fatigue and yes, the numbers stacked against them. It will still be a long fight.

#95 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

"

Flashpoint

Here is an example

Not really. DC Earth is specified. Not "Earths."

#96 Edited by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

I need someone to help out with Kaines abilities and how he will do against these hordes of enemies hint hint @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: hint hint. Also Can you explain "The Other" to me as well? Thanks a lot,

#97 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@mitran said:

@cable_extreme said:

@oreoassassin said:

Pre-52 DC.

"

Flashpoint

Here is an example

Not really. DC Earth is specified. Not "Earths."

Pre-52 DC earth, it is infact not specified. Flash point happened before New 52. It doesn't specify which comic chain is acceptable. It only said Pre-52 DC. Though either way the spiders get overwhelmed.

#98 Posted by OreoAssassin (4939 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Sorry for any confusion but Pre 52 DC Earth means the standard one. Sorry again for not specifying which one

#99 Posted by JetiiMitra (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 DC earth, it is infact not specified. Flash point happened before New 52. It doesn't specify which comic chain is acceptable. It only said Pre-52 DC.

Reading helps.

Spider Team

-Spiderman 616

-Spiderman 2099

-Scarlet Spider

-Agent Venom

-Superior Spiderman

-Ultimate Spiderman (Miles)

Vs

Every Street Level Fighter In Pre 52 DC Earth

Rules

Round 1

-Random Encounter

-No Prep

-Morals Off

-Standard Equipment

Round 2

-Same as Round 1 Except Spiders are Bloodlusted

Round 3

- Same as round 2 except EVERYONE is bloodlusted

You said "Technically we should be using both." I argued we should only be using one.

#100 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9266 posts) - - Show Bio