• 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I challenge you to a duel. me vs you. How do you fare good sir?

Rules

No BFR - battle field removal.

Fight to KO

Morals ON

Standard equipment

No prep

Based on feats, not speculation. facts etc... but can base opinion on fact.

battlefield is in an open area that is 5 miles across , so not really any obstacles etc..

I'll start - good luck.

#2 Edited by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

I accept. Watch your back, Only joking :D good luck man. I cant post, to posts in a row and neither can you apparently. somebody else post please :D

#3 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: ok bump, but i though you were allowed 2 simultaneous post before flood protection.

#4 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

((Thanks Killemall :D))

Ok so.

Spider-Man's agility is unrivaled. He's so agile that he can outmanoveur the stronger opponents.

#5 Edited by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is vastly superior to hulk in combat speed, for example, he has the speed to do this and the enemy could not react.

Next scan the guns are in half.

And fast enough to doge multiple gunfire.

( Is it glitched? Wr3h still cannotpost due to flood protection? )

#6 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Wolv doge through a laser system effortlessly?

#7 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

And speaking of gun-fire...

He managed doge bullets from /10/ snipers

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: black spider-man, does not count.

Anyways, Being able to sense somebody far away, easily. So spiderman is not using speed to get wolverine -

Dodging cyclops laser from behind after he senses it

Now, How will spiderman actually INJURE wolverine when he can overcome this.... Getting throat slit and not phasing him.

Or being put down to ONLY a skeleton and still comes back. ( the next scan he heals instantly )

#9 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

that wasn't the symbiote btw. It was just a costumed version.

While it's true that Wolv's healing factor is far superior, you have to admit Spidey has a fairy decent one in comparioson to the average human.

For example

Spidey gets stung by about a thousand bees. His healing factor heals him in hour or two. He recovers far faster then people who only got couple bees.

Another time, Spider-Man got beat up, but he is commented to heal so fast that you’d hardly know that he has been injured, and comes around in moments.

#10 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Wont stock wolverine from cutting him there and then though, then decapitation. and even this did not stop wolverine

Or just snapping spidermans neck like this

#11 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Snapping his neck eh?

At close range?

Spidy will just go around Wolv.

Easily.

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Spidey can attack him wolverine as much as he likes, 1 slash and spiderman is out of the game. and wolv snapping a T-Rex neck for the record

He is fast enough to tag spiderman, Starting five feet away closes in on Nuke after he pushed the fire button on his rocket launcher and kicks it away before the rocket even leaves the barrel.

#13 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Explosions eh?

A building exploded inside.

Spidey lived.

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Meaningless, spiderman has never shown durability to knifes. Now, away from healing factors as its pointless for S-man.

How will spiderman INJURE wolverine morals on? Wolverine has the speed and skill to do this.

Accuracy also

Getting a coin flipped in the air. Now, feats how spiderman can beat wolverine.

#15 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he pushed Wolverine off an "unbreakable" glass window.

Is actually quite funny.

And stooping knives?

His web.

As explained by a fan

"Webbing has the tensile strength of 120 pounds per square millimeter. That would mean that you need to apply 54 kilograms of strength just to break a millimeter thick strand of Spidey’s webbing. You would apply over half a ton of force to break a CENTIMETER thick strand of it. Now think when he sprays it all over your body. The force required to break that amount of Spidey’s webbing would be in hundreds of tons"

#16 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Feats, not speculation. Wolverine has broken his webs countless times. So, spiderman cant injure wolverine?

and wolverine can survive a fall from a heli carrier.

#17 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Breaking from being fully webbed.

#18 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Now it's falling?

This is pretty fast paced.

Spidey fell off a building and survived

#19 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Again , how will he beat wolverine, Wolverine outmatched him in speed

.

Then would have killed him if not distracted.

I did not highlight yellow things.

Wolverine healing his exploded heart in 3 scans

AND

Cyclops describes Wolverine as a “living, breathing, killing machine, more a force of nature than a man.

#20 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

-------------------------------------------------------PAUSE-----------------------------------------------------

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: why :( Post yours and I will get back to you, I know I have to go, but Save yourself time :)

#22 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

.....

Well this was harder than I thought.

:P

#23 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

says enough

:D

#24 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry just realized this was a debate! ;)

#25 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: wolverine was obviously not fighting back, even so, it did not injure him, pain does not cause an injury. AGAIN, how could spiderman put down wolverine? if not give up :D

#26 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you agree, Spiderman may KO wolverine with morals off? but morals on he wont use his full strength? Based on feats anyways.

#27 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is fun to read.

#28 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6376 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

Recommend you read the book containing the last scan you posted above. Wolverine was 'letting' Spider-Man completely unload. Asking him to calm down because he had just cut him in a training exercise. It's more a showing in favor of Wolverine being able to completely soak a Parker who isn't holding back. The scene ends with Parker actually passing out while Wolverine looks on, calm and unharmed.

Sorry to interfere here, but I thought it important to add just context ...

Please, do continue.

#29 Posted by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: Breaking from being fully webbed.

Also Wolverine clawed his way out of that webbing, rather than breaking it with with pure strength.

#30 Edited by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@wr3h:

Recommend you read the book containing the last scan you posted above. Wolverine was 'letting' Spider-Man completely unload. Asking him to calm down because he had just cut him in a training exercise. It's more a showing in favor of Wolverine being able to completely soak a Parker who isn't holding back. The scene ends with Parker actually passing out while Wolverine looks on, calm and unharmed.

Sorry to interfere here, but I thought it important to add just context ...

Please, do continue.

Also a point to add, Spider-Man's powers were down at that time due to the Other and he was actually dying. Previously, a Shield agent I think, got the jump on him. His strength and Speed was down from his usual levels. Not saying Wolverine would have not tagged him, but its a point which people often miss. Also Wolverine did yell out in pain when Spider-Man was hitting him, although yeah, in the end he was fine.

#31 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6376 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@wr3h:

Recommend you read the book containing the last scan you posted above. Wolverine was 'letting' Spider-Man completely unload. Asking him to calm down because he had just cut him in a training exercise. It's more a showing in favor of Wolverine being able to completely soak a Parker who isn't holding back. The scene ends with Parker actually passing out while Wolverine looks on, calm and unharmed.

Sorry to interfere here, but I thought it important to add just context ...

Please, do continue.

Also a point to add, Spider-Man's powers were down at that time due to the Other and he was actually dying. Previously, a Shield agent I think, got the jump on him. His strength and Speed was down from his usual levels. Not saying Wolverine would have not tagged him, but its a point which people often miss. Also Wolverine did yell out in pain when Spider-Man was hitting him, although yeah, in the end he was fine.

I know about the "Other" storyline. But often what happens in a main character's title impacts little in other 'group' events they appear in regardless. Unless there's direct mention somewhere, I don't buy it. The showing is really not all that 'out there'. There's nothing to say it had an impact in that showing, other than fans throwing it in there to excuse it away. There are plenty of things going on in Wolverine's main title right now that are never even remotely addressed in other X-titles he's a principle in (for example).

Same with Steve, Tony, Hulk ...

And seriously, Wolverine saying "OUCH" was more for effect, and to have an effect, on Parker. To placate a guy he acts as a kind of 'older' brother toward (replete with sibling rivalry and occasional scuffles). The guys been burned alive and we don't hear even so much as a whimper. I doubt he's seriously going to start hollering 'owie' to a few haymakers.

#32 Edited by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@laflux said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@wr3h:

Recommend you read the book containing the last scan you posted above. Wolverine was 'letting' Spider-Man completely unload. Asking him to calm down because he had just cut him in a training exercise. It's more a showing in favor of Wolverine being able to completely soak a Parker who isn't holding back. The scene ends with Parker actually passing out while Wolverine looks on, calm and unharmed.

Sorry to interfere here, but I thought it important to add just context ...

Please, do continue.

Also a point to add, Spider-Man's powers were down at that time due to the Other and he was actually dying. Previously, a Shield agent I think, got the jump on him. His strength and Speed was down from his usual levels. Not saying Wolverine would have not tagged him, but its a point which people often miss. Also Wolverine did yell out in pain when Spider-Man was hitting him, although yeah, in the end he was fine.

I know about the "Other" storyline. But often what happens in a main character's title impacts little in other 'group' events they appear in regardless. Unless there's direct mention somewhere, I don't buy it. The showing is really not all that 'out there'. There's nothing to say it had an impact in that showing, other than fans throwing it in there to excuse it away. There are plenty of things going on in Wolverine's main title right now that are never even remotely addressed in other X-titles he's a principle in (for example).

Same with Steve, Tony, Hulk ...

And seriously, Wolverine saying "OUCH" was more for effect, and to have an effect, on Parker. To placate a guy he acts as a kind of 'older' brother toward (replete with sibling rivalry and occasional scuffles). The guys been burned alive and we don't hear even so much as a whimper. I doubt he's seriously going to start hollering 'owie' to a few haymakers.

Lol, I am not the first person to mention this as a reason for Spider-Man's performance ?

#33 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

and thanks for clearing it up. Guess I need to do extra research next time.

:P

#34 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Well this is fun to read.

Can't tell if sarcasm....

Or legit.

=.=

#35 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@wr3h: haha it's legit. It's just nice to see a civil debate
#36 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: I guess this is....

#37 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

#38 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h:

#39 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey wins.

#40 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare: That means? LOL. and its over.

#41 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h:

#42 Edited by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: That means Wolverine get slapped away, webbed up, and beaten within an inch of his life. LOL, it is over.

But seriously I just like bumping threads. It's kinda my thing.

#43 Posted by NyghtMare (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h:

#44 Edited by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare said:

Spidey wins.

First off, Secret Wars is one of my favorite arcs ever as a Spider-Man fan, but that's because it was literally Spidey fan-boy wank gold. He destroyed Titania, A 100 tonner who had just put Shulk in hospital and made her cry, destroyed Fire-lord, and beat Absorbing Man and Titania at the same time, so much so that Absorbing Man had to endanger some innocents on a plane to escape. And of course, the Spider-Man vs X-men incident. I don't feel its needed to explain the Fire-lord fight, and while its true that Titania didn't have super-speed, and would have struggled to tag Spider-Man, he really only Punched her a few times, and threw her off a cliff. The second time round I think its PIS that he could own Titania in a game of mercy, like he did. As for the X-Men, how he got the jump on an Omega level Telepath and someone with Wolverine's senses is beyond me. Furthermore, while he made them look foolish, he didn't beat them and actually retreated in the end. In reality at the very best, he could have taken on Wolverine, winning via incap and Koed Cyclops and Night-Crawler. I would include the Professor since he's only human, but the WIS in not being able to sense Spider-Man and shut down his mind immediately is too strong. And further, Rogue, Storm and Colossus should easily beat Peter by themselves, and together stomp him.

Second off this is not a traditional battle thread. Its a debate where, we judge who wins by who argues their case better.

Just my 24 cents- I'm down one lol.

#45 Posted by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare said:

@Pyrogram: That means Wolverine get slapped away, webbed up, and beaten within an inch of his life. LOL, it is over.

But seriously I just like bumping threads. It's kinda my thing.

Wolverine does get webbed up by Spider-Man, but history shows that Spider-Man best blows barely hurt Logan.

And while its okay to bump threads, just make sure they are not Mis-Matches LOL.

#46 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare: Said the fool who cannot realize this is a viner battle and not for you. Go learn some vine rulers and then come back to me with a sensible argument.

#47 Posted by VeganDiet (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: I'd just like to point out, that scan actually took place in a Spidey book. Directly before "The Other" arc began. An arc which crossed over into that very title. So there's a bit of a precedent for that theory. Not saying it's right, it just seems like a good way to explain away that WIS scene.

#48 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyghtMare:

#49 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god Pyro stop.

Otherwise you'll be called a red-neck again.

#50 Posted by Pyrogram (39308 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: :D hilarious.