• 125 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Broman_1412 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

ultimate spiderman vs Thing 
New york
#2 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey wins via web incapacitation.

#3 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidermans strength is also enough to hurt Ben.

That combind with his agility should hand him the win, especially because it's New York so Spidy has plenty of advantages.

#4 Posted by _slim_ (13258 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

Spidermans strength is also enough to hurt Ben.

That combind with his agility should hand him the win, especially because it's New York so Spidy has plenty of advantages.

No.

Online
#5 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

@acer51 said:

Spidermans strength is also enough to hurt Ben.

That combind with his agility should hand him the win, especially because it's New York so Spidy has plenty of advantages.

No.

Please elaborate.

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking Ultimate Peter or Current Ult Spider-man?

Miles gets stomped. Peter might just pull it off with webbing but i'd still lean towards Thing for the win.

#7 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

@acer51 said:

Spidermans strength is also enough to hurt Ben.

That combind with his agility should hand him the win, especially because it's New York so Spidy has plenty of advantages.

No.

I think he's talking about Ultimate Ben who's a little different and i think Spiderman can hurt him. Well he's beaten Firelord and Juggernaut in the past and managed to fight hulk for an extended period :p so yeah go figure.

But Spiderman should lose though.

#8 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

oh my god. this is rich.

@acer51: thing is a 100 tonner or above. spidey is 30 tons max. i think hes 25. so yeah been can rip his web like paper.

#9 Posted by _slim_ (13258 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

@_slim_ said:

@acer51 said:

Spidermans strength is also enough to hurt Ben.

That combind with his agility should hand him the win, especially because it's New York so Spidy has plenty of advantages.

No.

Please elaborate.

I really shouldn't have to.

Online
#10 Posted by _slim_ (13258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@_slim_ said:

@acer51 said:

Spidermans strength is also enough to hurt Ben.

That combind with his agility should hand him the win, especially because it's New York so Spidy has plenty of advantages.

No.

I think he's talking about Ultimate Ben who's a little different and i think Spiderman can hurt him. Well he's beaten Firelord and Juggernaut in the past and managed to fight hulk for an extended period :p so yeah go figure.

But Spiderman should lose though.

This is "Ulltimate" Spider-Man vs Thing (616). Not 616 Spider-Man.

Online
#11 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

oh my god. this is rich.

@acer51: thing is a 100 tonner or above. spidey is 30 tons max. i think hes 25. so yeah been can rip his web like paper.

Yeaaaaaah.... No. Iron Man is a 100 tonner. It Held him down. Thing gets incapacitated, then gets a 25 ton punches, then gets a couple cars thrown at him.

#12 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Thing stomps. Peter cannot hurt him in any way. Ultimate Thing is a slightly different story though.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: This is Ultimate Spider-man. Assuming we are using Ultimate Peter then he's a 5tonner. Ult Peter has a shot but if its Miles Spider-man then he gets stomped.

#14 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@SpideyPresence: This is Ultimate Spider-man. Assuming we are using Ultimate Peter then he's a 5tonner. Ult Peter has a shot but if its Miles Spider-man then he gets stomped.

Oh sorry didn't see that. As much as i want to say Spidey wins, Miles gets stomped on :/

#15 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O oh...it's Ultimate Spiderman, no wait..it's not even Ultimate Spiderman it's Ultimatle politicly correct Spiderman.

Yeah Thing gives this guy a wedge and sends him home crying to his mama.

#16 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spiderman wins this. Thing would only give spidey very little problems.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (22882 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing would beat any version of spiderman.

#18 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

The thing would beat any version of spiderman.

Now that I can argue against.

Could you please tell me why you think Thing would win?

#19 Posted by jashro44 (22882 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman cannot hurt him and webbing cannot hurt him. The thing managed to destroy a building with the shockwave of his punch. The hardest punch i have seen from spiderman ever took a building out. The fact we have to use the best feat spiderman has ever displayetot through out his entire career to match the shockwave of the things punch which may have been a low showing(considering this was in a fight aginst luke cage)tells us how little spiderman can affect the thing.

#20 Posted by Pinhead111 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman

#21 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8491 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused as to which Ultimate Spider-Man, the PC one? Either way I don't see any Ultimate Spidey beating 616 Thing. That being said I think 616 Spidey can, narrowly, but that's a totally different argument. Ult. Spidey should lose to 616 Thing.

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

I fail to see how Thing will hurt Spider-Man with his spider senses and agility. I mean Spidey has beaten Rhino, Juggernaut, and Hulk. Thing shouldn't be a major problem. Spidey will eventually wear down Thing slowly. The only problem is Thing's durability.

#23 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I fail to see how Thing will hurt Spider-Man with his spider senses and agility. I mean Spidey has beaten Rhino, Juggernaut, and Hulk. Thing shouldn't be a major problem. Spidey will eventually wear down Thing slowly. The only problem is Thing's durability.

Does Miles morals even have Spidersense?

#24 Posted by jashro44 (22882 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman in most encounters cannot hurt hulk, juggernaut was curb stomping him until spiderman accidentally trapped him in cement, and rhino is not as durable as the thing.

#25 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Spiderman has the strength to hurt Ben.

@jashro44: So Ben has gone toe to toe with Hulk before as well.

#26 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Spiderman cannot hurt him and webbing cannot hurt him. The thing managed to destroy a building with the shockwave of his punch. The hardest punch i have seen from spiderman ever took a building out. The fact we have to use the best feat spiderman has ever displayetot through out his entire career to match the shockwave of the things punch which may have been a low showing(considering this was in a fight aginst luke cage)tells us how little spiderman can affect the thing.

I'd like to see the scan of that if you have it it seems like a pretty high end feat for Thing to pull off.

Either way I can show many feats which prove Spiderman stong enough to hurt Thing (don't know where your coming from though Torch hurts thing all the time with flame balls).

Spiderman easily lifts a train.

easily liffts a Bus.

Easily lifts a Tank.

So as you can see Spiderman has enough strength to hurt the Thing, not beat the stuffing out of him by any means but he can hurt him with his blows.

Do you agree Spiderman is capable of hurting Thing? if not I can show more proof.

#27 Posted by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

If spidey could get hit it would be easy to take him down.

#28 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hero4life said:

If spidey could get hit it would be easy to take him down.

He won't get hit if he takes this fight seriosly (which he might not).

But he could take several anyway

#29 Posted by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

If he didn't have spider sense here. I think it would be a good match.

I really don't see thing as a slow person in a fight

#30 Posted by jashro44 (22882 posts) - - Show Bio

None of those feats show he can hurt the thing and high end feats for the thing are tanking nukes without even noticing them while arm wrestling professor hulk

#31 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben wins.

#32 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

I don't think Spiderman has the strength to hurt Ben.

@jashro44: So Ben has gone toe to toe with Hulk before as well.

My post above is my response to you on that.

But you also have to remember durability and strength are diffrent, does Thing really have the durability feats to take Spidys blows?

If Spiderman Hurt hulk he can definatly hurt Thing.

But also remember Spidermans going to be dodigng alot, Thing will not be landing hits of him.

#33 Posted by thejokesonyoubats (21 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey needs about five minutes of prep to beat him beacuse all he has to do is set a web trap and the things done for. if no prep time it would be close but spidey still wing with pure speed and spider sense and the fact that he has extreme superhuman strength

#34 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Listen, I want Peter to win, too, but he wasn't even able to hurt Black Tarantula. He could barely hurt classic Kaine. He could barely hurt Venom. He has too many showings of being unable to hurt people with high durability to blunt trauma to make an argument he could hurt Benjamin considering his official strength rating. Ultimate Spider is inferior in every way and has no chance.

#35 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

None of those feats show he can hurt the thing and high end feats for the thing are tanking nukes without even noticing them while arm wrestling professor hulk

Sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to back that one up or I won't take it seriosly.

#36 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:A bus and a train are not all that impressive. The tank I wont lie that shocked me. But some, such as a light tank are around 14 tons(PT-76). So I don't know how I feel about it.

#37 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@acer51:A bus and a train are not all that impressive. The tank I wont lie that shocked me. But some, such as a light tank are around 14 tons(PT-76). So I don't know how I feel about it.

Okay think about it this way.

If Spiderman was to us that kind of force agaisnt Thing would it hurt him?

Think about it.

#38 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@acer51:A bus and a train are not all that impressive. The tank I wont lie that shocked me. But some, such as a light tank are around 14 tons(PT-76). So I don't know how I feel about it.

This isn't about wether or not Thing is stronger (we know he is) you've been saying Spiderman is totally incapable of hurting Thing, don't you think Spiderman will be able to hurt him now?

I don't mean critically injure him with his punchs, I just mean doing some basic damage when he hits him hard in the face.

#39 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:Oh yes. But Ben would still win. I don't think it would be enough for Ben to get beaten by him.

#40 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@acer51:Oh yes. But Ben would still win. I don't think it would be enough for Ben to get beaten by him.

Ah good, but then how will Thing be able to tag Spiderman?

#41 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: Throwing stuff at him, or just letting him punch him, hold his arm and hit him. I could see that working.

#42 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally believe 616 Spidey would win against Thing. He has the strength to hurt him with his kicks and punches, and if Peter is serious i don't see Thing Tagging him at all. Plus their fighting in New York City, Peter could throw cars at Thing while slowing him down with webs.

#43 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@acer51: Throwing stuff at him, or just letting him punch him, hold his arm and hit him. I could see that working.

Okay Throwing stuff is good, but he wouldn't throw anything too big in a populated New York.

And it's not easy to get hold on Spiderman even if he's right next to you.

Honestly Thing isn't quick enough to land enough blows on Spiderman, he'll be taking punishment the whole time, and Thing goes down MUCH easier then Hulk.

#44 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

I personally believe 616 Spidey would win against Thing. He has the strength to hurt him with his kicks and punches, and if Peter is serious i don't see Thing Tagging him at all. Plus their fighting in New York City, Peter could throw cars at Thing while slowing him down with webs.

My oppinion too, no way for Thing to tag him.

@jwalser3 said:

@jwalser3:

I should also make it clear that if Thing does manage to gt a lucky blow it's not over for spidy.

Spiderman has an entire building collapse on him he's not hurt.

So as you can see a punch from Grimm won't be the death of him.

#45 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: You sure? Also he could just thunderclap him.

#46 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

^Scan is obviously out of context.

#47 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:Also if Ben can fight Thor then I am positive he can hurt and 14 tonner street level hero.

#48 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@acer51: You sure? Also he could just thunderclap him.

Spiderman has hypnosis in that issue, you have to read the text, Thing says that he was hypnotized and he froze because of TP. Spiderman would never actually let Thing do that.

And I asked for scans on the thunderclap thing earlier, could you show them?

#49 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben can't fight Thor any better than Spider-Man can. Probably worse.

#50 Posted by acer51 (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@acer51:Also if Ben can fight Thor then I am positive he can hurt and 14 tonner street level hero.

Thor jobs alot.

Spiderman has beaten Fire Lord.

But I'd like to see a scan of Thing fighting Thor.