spiderman vs superman(fair fight please read first)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

thanks a lot for viewing this if u are this is my 1st thread and I really want it to be a success so please post your honest opinions and why.

No Caption Provided

Spiderman

Superman

normally this would be a stomp in webs favor(just kidding calm down) but I'm doing this epic battle classic style. now I'm doing this classic style because Pete hasn't changed much in the years but since the classic days supes has gotten stronger TREMENDOUSLY.so this is the supes that is as fast as a speeding bullet and can leap tall buildings. this IS NOT new 52 or pre 52 . CLASSIC SUPES. If you're argument for supes is that he can tow planets then you have the wrong version of superman.

No Caption Provided

morals on

no outside help place:

basic knowledge of each other that includes weaknesses

daytime

trying not to hurt civilians

thanks and tell me if it's still a mismatch or if you like it!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

@batnorris: Massive, massive mismatch. That 'classic' version of Superman you have there was just starting to get overpowered feats that easily surpass Pre New 52 feats. Please read the battle forum rules before making a battle. This'll have to be locked I'm afraid.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/battle-forum-rules-please-read-for-more-informatio-675391/#1

@god_spawn@vance_astro Would one of you guys mind locking this please?

I think he was referring to early Golden age Supes given the nature of the OP, even if the picture shows silver age/late golden age Supes. If such is the case, I think the battle at hand is fair.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

In before the lock. But I say even golden age action comics 1 superman wins

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@batnorris: Massive, massive mismatch. That 'classic' version of Superman you have there was just starting to get overpowered feats that easily surpass Pre New 52 feats. Please read the battle forum rules before making a battle. This'll have to be locked I'm afraid.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/battle-forum-rules-please-read-for-more-informatio-675391/#1

@god_spawn@vance_astro Would one of you guys mind locking this please?

oh you mean like silver age?sorry for the trouble

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@laflux: Even the Golden Age Superman whose tenure is estimated to be 1938-1950 was starting to get insane feats of power that trumped Pre Flashpoint Superman's feats. He'd need to specify the original Siegel and Shuster version and even that one can win pretty easily.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By laflux
batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batnorris

@lvenger:

I meant before he started getting those feats. do what you have to do I probably just misunderstood his power lvl at the time. thanks

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@batnorris: To be honest there aren't any versions of Superman that Spider-Man can conceivably beat in a random encounter. He might be able to beat weaker versions of Superman with prep and knowledge of his weaknesses but that'd just be an unfair fight.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batnorris

@lvenger: oh ok well thanks for setting me straight I really didn't know. but where did the saying fast as a speeding bullet come from?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@batnorris: From the Fleischer 1940s Superman cartoons. Every introduction had the "Faster Than A Speeding Bullet! More Powerful Than a Locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!" tagline. They also asked the creators if they could make Superman fly since animating a flying man was easier than animating a leaping man. You can watch the first episode here

Loading Video...

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batnorris

@lvenger:

oh ok but what if I edit and make them both cartoon versions EX:ultimate spiderman cartoon version vs superman cartoon version?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batnorris: First of all you'd need to specify which versions. And second of all that wouldn't make a lick of difference. Superman is still far more powerful than Spider-Man in any animated incarnation. He'd stomp Spidey easily. Like I said, you need to read the battle forum rules or the battle ideas thread as to how to make a good battle. Because Superman vs Spider-Man isn't one that hasn't been done countless times before.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh ok i'm sorry for the trouble i'll make sure to do that!:)

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

sorry for the trouble i'll make sure to do that :)

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Still not well enough.........Superman is still going to stomp, unless you mean the very first 4 GA comics. By the 10th he was outracing bolts of lightning and jumping from country to country, tossing jets like paper air planes, standing in the midst of exploding bomb factories.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 vance_astro  Moderator

This isn't a fair fight.