Spiderman vs Storm

Shadey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Shadey

I'm really puzzled by how people actually think SM can win here? I'm not a huge Storm fan but she has many ways to defeat him

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#402  Edited By Matezoide2
@Shadey said:
" I'm really puzzled by how people actually think SM can win here? I'm not a huge Storm fan but she has many ways to defeat him "
Spider-Man can win if they are relatively close,he moves faster than the human eye can follow and one-punch would knock out Storm
Boomstick Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By Boomstick Bob
@Matezoide said:
" @Shadey said:
" I'm really puzzled by how people actually think SM can win here? I'm not a huge Storm fan but she has many ways to defeat him "
Spider-Man can win if they are relatively close,he moves faster than the human eye can follow and one-punch would knock out Storm "
This sums up the fight.
If they're at a distance, however, Storm just keeps throwing things at him until he's done.
Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By Mooty_Pass
@Vance Astro:
HAHAHA i totally remember that haha but he got scared and apologized haha
BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By BlackDove
@azaritorrent said:
"no matter what swinging he does or slinging, or flipping, or crawling, or jumping, or lifting, a hard wind will blow his ass to kingdom come. "

100% true. Parker might as well call it quits.
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#406  Edited By Renee

The incy wincy spider crawled up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out. ;)

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#407  Edited By spidey 15
@Renee said:
" The incy wincy spider crawled up the water spout, down came the rain and washed the spider out. ;) "
lol
Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

"
"That is just not nice lol

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By Aqua11500

^^^^ 

DAMN STORM CAN TAKE A PUNCH!!!!!!! 

GO GIRL!!

Regless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By Regless

Always wanted to comment on one of these. I'm a big storm fan, but spidey's my all time favorite. I still say storm takes this at least 7 out of ten times... possibly more.

Advantages Spidey: He faster, and stronger, and has spider sense. They don't have to be right next to each other for him to win. Storm usually takes at least a whole second to get her game face on and spidey moves quick. If her gets that first strike he's got a real chance of walking home with this. also, the webbing. I'm not sure how conductive it is. I know storm is strong enough to physically break but I don't know how well her lightning and pierce it. She could use ice shards but those are somewhat awkward. Also, Storms claustrophobia. It's definitely an advantage when the other side can't think straight. I know she tends to really let loose with her powers when she gets panicked like that, but in that state... well she's not gonna to hit spidey if she's not even aiming properly. Also spider-man can cling to sheer surfaces, even, to a limited extent, icy ones.

Avantages Storm: Once her game face is on it's over. Everyone keeps posting the lightning bolts but I think air is her biggest advantage. Spidey's made Electro look like a joke more times than he can count. he can dodge electricity. But rain lower his spider sense, and with a brutal wind tossing his around in air and throwing his webbing off his advantages are suddenly not so great. Now I know he can throw a car at her, but now here's where that Lightning comes in useful. it a great defensive power especially against someone like spider-man.

Fighting Styles: Okay let's drop this 'a well written storm could yadda yadda yadda' A well written spidey could ace any number of heroes or villains. Or I could just say spider-man's only being well written when he wins... so yeah, let's just not go there. Both these hero's have defensive styles. Spider-man does not charge into powerhouse or unknowns head first. he does that with thugs or others significantly below his power level. He also has a habit of revealing himself by trying to be funny. BAD IDEA with Storm. In general he usually tries to keep mobile and looks for opening or things he can use. Storm on the other doesn't look for weaknesses, she makes them. And the more time goes by and the more distance between them, the more the advantage swings her way.

Hold Back Factor: These heroes hold back. They both do. No need to dance around it. Storm could easily kill a lot of people if she wanted, she's had opportunities. Even some with heavy hitters more powerful than she is. Removing the air from someone's lungs is a tough act to follow. Spidey's still got those highly lethal stingers that he never uses. Beyond that he doesn't hit with his full strength because he'll kill people if he did. This is why even with the first strike victory isn't guaranteed. Storm may have human endurance but the lady can take a punch like few humans can. There's no point in saying if one them wasn't holding back they'd win. These traits are as much a part of their fighting style as they are of their personality.

Arena: Not much to add her that hasn't already been mentioned. Storm is claustrophobic and and spidey is super agile. Storm can freakin fly. In a sewer, subway, or even a dense jungle Spiderman is in his element. In time's square, in the air, and damn near everywhere else, Storm is in hers.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By butterflykyss

Storm FTW!!

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By moywar700

You guys are crazy, i don't know how did this get so many post and prep time is useless unless op tells up what exactly does he do for that prep time. Spider-man would only win if he is 5ft close to storm close to storm, anything further than that, she wins by flash freeze and She can do flash freeze within in a blink of an eye as she did to colossus.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By Phaedrusgr

I remember Storm in a comic releasing her powers almost killing everyone in the room. X-men were against Pseudo-Phoenix (actually Mastermind) and Ororo had to do this. So, Spiderman couldn't go against her, unless Storm was unaware of him and didn't expect any battle soon. Now, prep for Spidey would change something? What could he do? Take an umbrella or wear a fleece? Don't know. If he had more time and some help from Mr. Fantastic, prep would help him...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By butterflykyss

@Phaedrusgr said:

I remember Storm in a comic releasing her powers almost killing everyone in the room. X-men were against Pseudo-Phoenix (actually Mastermind) and Ororo had to do this. So, Spiderman couldn't go against her, unless Storm was unaware of him and didn't expect any battle soon. Now, prep for Spidey would change something? What could he do? Take an umbrella or wear a fleece? Don't know. If he had more time and some help from Mr. Fantastic, prep would help him...

This LMAO!!! umbrella, fleece lol

@moywar700 said:

You guys are crazy, i don't know how did this get so many post and prep time is useless unless op tells up what exactly does he do for that prep time. Spider-man would only win if he is 5ft close to storm close to storm, anything further than that, she wins by flash freeze and She can do flash freeze within in a blink of an eye as she did to colossus.

This too!!

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By Stronger

Spider-man.He is just to damn fast.

One good punch and Storm is KOed

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By emperorznb

@Stronger said:

What is their starting distance? If it's close, then I see Spider-man knocking out Storm. But if it's far, Spiderman would have multiple ways to die.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By Stronger

@emperorznb said:

@Stronger said:

What is their starting distance? If it's close, then I see Spider-man knocking out Storm. But if it's far, Spiderman would have multiple ways to die.

I think Spider-man is fast enough to avoid thunderbolts etc.

I pick Spider-man,but if Storm manages to hit him,she takes this.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By emperorznb

@Stronger: Storm could summon multiple thunderbolts and tornadoes... I really don't think Spidey can handle Storm in a far distance.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By Stronger

@emperorznb said:

@Stronger: Storm could summon multiple thunderbolts and tornadoes... I really don't think Spidey can handle Storm in a far distance.

We cant know the real outcome of a fight...

Depends on the circumstances.

We can only make lucky guess .

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By emperorznb

@Stronger: Probably so.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Storm wins.

Lucas96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By Lucas96

of course storm !!! whos spider man ? ''o homem aranha''? and who's storm the goddess of weather !

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#423  Edited By darktiger

I say spider man

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman is faster, his spider sense would let him dodge lightning and he could stick to the ground with his feet so he wouldn't get swept up into a tornado, plus he's strong. He can lift like 10 tons, and not holding back, he would crush her with a single punch. To add to that, with 24 hours of prep time he'd be able to construct a new suit like he did against the sinister six, designed for countering her powers. Spidey would win. There is no doubt.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By WARLOCK2792

1 Hurricane...........

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#426  Edited By Mercy_
@Lucas96 Don't bump threads that (you think) are mismatches.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't even know why this thread was bumped.

@samuel_larson_10: Storm takes a CLEAR majority over Spider-Man in a random encounter, and I think she still beats even with prep. His being faster is only relevant if he starts close enough (no starting distance was specified in the OP), and even then that can be debated to an extent. He isn't going to get close to her since she can fly and attack from well out his range if she wanted, and he really has no defense or counter to her powers. Sky lightning would still be a problem for him, let alone powerful all encompassing winds (and added debri), extreme cold, freezing rain and/or flash freezes, thunderclaps, etc.

MarvelGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By MarvelGrey

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I don't even know why this thread was bumped.

@samuel_larson_10: Storm takes a CLEAR majority over Spider-Man in a random encounter, and I think she still beats even with prep. His being faster is only relevant if he starts close enough (no starting distance was specified in the OP), and even then that can be debated to an extent. He isn't going to get close to her since she can fly and attack from well out his range if she wanted, and he really has no defense or counter to her powers. Sky lightning would still be a problem for him, let alone powerful all encompassing winds (and added debri), extreme cold, freezing rain and/or flash freezes, thunderclaps, etc.

Aww you got here before me. Besides Storm isn't an idiot she hasn't survived this long without using a vast amount of her abilities, she could suck the air right out of his lungs, or destroy him with her violent winds combined with the lightning.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okay let me outline storms choices

1. she could blast him with lightning

2. she could create a tornado

3. she could suck out his air

4. she could freeze him.

5. create debris to hit him

I might have missed some but this is how spidey would deal with it.

1. he can dodge the lightning, he is fast enough plus he would know where she would hit and move before she could gesture

2. considering the fight is in times square a tornado isn't an option

3 and 4. he could easily create tech to bypass the cold and vacuum, he has an IQ of 250, he'd figure it out.

5. he could dodge flying debris easily.

what I said to THUNDERBOLT 30

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By BringnIt

Loses without prep, wins with it. Peter, that is.

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a STOMP 

should be damn flagged if you ask me

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@samuel_larson_10 said:

4. she could freeze him.

1. he can dodge the lightning, he is fast enough plus he would know where she would hit and move before she could gesture

3 and 4. he could easily create tech to bypass the cold and vacuum, he has an IQ of 250, he'd figure it out.

She's created localized hurricanes before, so I'd pass on the tornado entirely

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#433  Edited By SpidermanWins

With 24 hours of prep, Spider-Man gets one of his Electro proof suits in case he gets hit by Storm's lightning. He'd probably take other precautions too. That would make it pretty fair. If he grabs the Ends of the Earth suit then that gives him an edge since he could take more damage and resist wind attacks.

Spider-Man wins in this case.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@samuel_larson_10 said:

4. she could freeze him.

1) Storm doesn't have to gesture to summon lightning and Peter can't read her mind. Her powers are psionic and with a thought he will be struck, or she can bombard the entire battle area with a cannonade of lightning. He won't see it coming, and even with his spider sense, I doubt he can react fast enough to dodge this kind of lightning attack.

2) I believe the OP stated that this is an all out battle. If Storm can go all out in this battle a tornado (or spawning multiple tornadoes) in Times Square is fair game, and he has no answer for this attack. Or a localized hurricane as White Mage point out.

3 + 4) I know Peter has a genius level intellect, but unless you can prove that he can create tech that can handle Storm's powers (a lightning proof suit would not be enough) or keep himself from being placed in an oxygen-less vacuum, or stop him from being hurled into the upper atmosphere and held there where the air is too thin and with extreme sub-zero temps until he his incapacitated, I don't think he has an answer for what she can dish out.

5) He isn't dodging debri if he is trapped in a powerful wind vortex.

Peter is simply outclassed.

EDITED

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#435  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm doesn't need to see the target to hit the target.

Storm doesn't need to be near the target to hit the target.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By pooty

@samuel_larson_10: his spider sense would let him dodge lightning. Spidey would win. There is no doubt

There is some doubt. Storm can do multiple bolts at once.
There is some doubt. Storm can do multiple bolts at once.
QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dieselh11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider Man vs Storm would be a difficult one to call. Spider Man while the more agile and better fighter and is stronger, Storm controls the weather, can fly.

While Storm dosnt need to enegage Spider Man head to head on the ground I cant help but feel Spider Man would struggle against Storm in terms of Storm changing the weather. She can create a hurricane where Spider Man would struggle with or even make it so cold for Spider Man where he would freeze to death. Or make the weather so hot for Spider Man.
But if Storm gets close to Spider Man and with the right timing Spider Man gets his hands on her Spider Man would get the win in a brawl. Or he could use his webbing. But if Storm is flying around and attacking Spider Man from there no matter how agile Spider Man is he isn't going to last long against a hurricane or a tornado or a earthquake.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, my favorite character vs another of my favorites. i hate to say this, but spidey gets killed pretty quickly. he has no defense against getting flash frozen or her taking the oxygen from his lungs.

ovaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clayton: storm has defeated Iron Man , Havok, Black Panther, defeated the Xternal Cassandra and Khan , trained by Wolverine as his star pupil, also defeated cyclips and callisto with it powers.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443  Edited By xtreme1

Storm wins with long range area of effect attacks.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

storm

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Storm wins unless they start very close together

Round 2: Spider-Man either empowers himself with Parker Particles or wears his Spider-Armor Mark III and wins.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm both rounds why is this still open?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ovaron: You should never have bumped this.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Spiderman via speed blitz

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#449  Edited By Heatblaze

Spidey is not fast enough to blitz her unless they're close.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can technically one shot each other. Matters who lands first. In character spider would try to put her down quick before she hits him with some high winds to drop his agility and speed then zap him. He could dodge the lighting many times but the longer the fight goes the more likely he loses if they stay outside. Spider would try and bring the fight indoors