#1 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman vs Nightcrawler from Age of Apocalypse vs Wolverine

Morals off

Win by incapacitation, death or KO.

Battlefield is Redwood forest.

Scans are appreciated.

Edit! Ill add pics ASAP.

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man can knock out nightcrawler, and web up wolverine. I wish nightcrawler could win tho

#3 Posted by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Ordinarily I'd give it to Spiderman but AoA NC was really lethal, so idk...

#4 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

AOA Nightcrawler Vs Spider-man is always interesting because it all comes down to who gets the first blow. i'd edge towards Spider-man due to spider-sense and the fact that without Morals he could most likely one-shot NC. Take his spider-sense away and he's toast but with it he's gonna know where NC will be and hit him as soon as he teleports within range. His reactions are a lot faster than NC so is his physical speed so tagging him or avoiding him wouldn't be too much of an issue.

AOA Nightcrawler Vs Wolverine all depends on whether NC can tele-dismember Logan's adamantium or not. It would still be a very close fight however as Logan's reactions are probably faster than NC's so he wouldn't take a huge majority.

Spider-man Vs Wolverine ends how it always does with Logan incapped via webbing.........or getting slammed into the pavement of doom!!!!!

So basically if NC can't tele-dismember Wolverine:

• Spider-man>Wolverine>NC

If NC can then:

• Spider-man>NC>Wolverine
#6 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: that's a great analysis. How exactly does the Spider-sense work, I mean are there any scans of it? Does he mentally see something before it happens or is it just like an alarm in his head thats and danger comes from any angle? Or..? Sorry to swarm you with questions.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14387 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man should come out as the winner in this.

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Not at all I like questions :p. I actually answered a question like this in a post a while back so i'll copy/paste my reply from there:

Spider-man's spider-sense is far more complex than just a danger warning sense and its full potential is often overlooked or largely unknown in battle thread in particular. His Spider-sense does not just warn him about the impending danger but actually forces him to avoid it. If it was a simple warning of danger it would not differ from DareDevil's radar sense but it does work differently.

I'll use DD's radar sense as the example to illustrate the difference as the two have been compared quite a bit. If someone points a gun at DareDevil he can tell via his radar sense when the man is going to fire and when to avoid the danger. So in a sequence it would go something like this:

Trigger is about to be pulled> DD senses it> thinks about moving to avoid> his body responds to the information collected by his brain and moves

Or more simplified:

Danger> Danger warning> Think about moving> Move

Now Spider-sense works differently in 1 respect and that difference makes it phenomenally more effective. That difference is that Spider-man does not need to think about moving. When his danger sense goes off it forces him to move automatically to avoid danger and without need for conscious thought or decision to do so. So in Spider-man's case:

Trigger is about to be pulled> Spider-man senses it> His body reflexively responds

Or:

Danger> Danger warning> Move

Now this may seem only a small difference but the effect is very very big. Whereas most people have to make a conscious decision to react Spider-man does not, his body automatically chooses the optimum way to avoid getting hurt without having to think. So to put it simply his spider-sense can and does react faster than his enemies or even himself can think. Now you can really see how fast his reactions are when using his Spider-sense and that it is not a simple warning of danger. Here's some scans that illustrate the point:

In the second scan he says "put your reactions on auto-pilot" inferring he does not need to think to react. In the first it states it outright in the first box and mentions that it allows him to dodge blows before the opponent has even thrown them the last two are just to illustrate how fast he can actually move.

#9 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: do in a way, his body subconsciously maneuvers him away from threats, alerting him at the same time. But he's already safe by the time he could have consciously reacted? And ik this might sound weird but can he sense who's attacking or the danger? Where it's coming from? Like fighting 2 opponents in front and behind him, not necessarily looking at 1 but still being able to out maneuver both?

#10 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

Also does anyone have any badass Pics from any of these 3?

#11 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

AOA Nightcrawler Vs Spider-man is always interesting because it all comes down to who gets the first blow. i'd edge towards Spider-man due to spider-sense and the fact that without Morals he could most likely one-shot NC. Take his spider-sense away and he's toast but with it he's gonna know where NC will be and hit him as soon as he teleports within range. His reactions are a lot faster than NC so is his physical speed so tagging him or avoiding him wouldn't be too much of an issue.

AOA Nightcrawler Vs Wolverine all depends on whether NC can tele-dismember Logan's adamantium or not. It would still be a very close fight however as Logan's reactions are probably faster than NC's so he wouldn't take a huge majority.

Spider-man Vs Wolverine ends how it always does with Logan incapped via webbing.........or getting slammed into the pavement of doom!!!!!

If NC can then:

This precisely.

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Thats basically it. He automatically reacts but he might not know what the threat is because his body overrides his reflexes and forces him to move without him actually telling himself too. He doesn't need to know what the danger is or where its coming from he will still know how to avoid it. Doesn't matter if he's fighting 1, 2 or even 10 opponents although it puts more pressure on him the more people he's fighting.

#13 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: more badass than I thought. Do you have any badass pics of him

#14 Edited by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3419 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey ftw

#17 Posted by dondave (33292 posts) - - Show Bio

If NC can then:

QFT

#18 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

my boy spidey wins here

#19 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (835 posts) - - Show Bio

I know wolverine is fast but damn, Nightcrawler can teleport 6 time in one second. In second coming rogue said nightcrawler teleported 800 miles in a minute, and he was shown to be able to teleport up to 2 miles each time, so he would have had to teleport a bit more than 6 times per second, and that was while carrying someone. But then again, idk how aoa Nightcrawler compares. Is wolverine really that much faster?