Spiderman vs Naruto

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
"5 pages for a curbstomp?"
LOL"

Vance Astro said:
"Anyone making a case for Spider-Man is obviously reaching on the highest level and should not be taken seriously."

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
LOL"

Vance Astro said:
"Anyone making a case for Spider-Man is obviously reaching on the highest level and should not be taken seriously."

"

*sigh* "I can't disprove you, therefore I'll ignore you"
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
LegendaryKYJ said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
LOL"

Vance Astro said:

"

*sigh* "I can't disprove you, therefore I'll ignore you""
Ignore me all you want..I am absolutely right.It's a curbstomp and people wasted 6 pages of a thread going nowhere.
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
oldmagic said:
"Tell me, can Spiderman run ross a football field within a 2 to 3 seconds? Because a football field is a 100 yards long, that would be 5280 feet, which is a mile. If he can run across that field with in 2 to 3 seconds, then i concede, spiderman can outrun a bullet. "
There you go with the running speed. It's a strawman argument. I'll answer my previous questions for you, No, Naruto can't hit someone who DODGES bullets on a regular basis. Therefore, he loses this fight. Plain and simple.

Edit: Also, no a football field is not a mile long, 100 yards is 300 feet.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
LegendaryKYJ said:
"oldmagic said:
"Tell me, can Spiderman run ross a football field within a 2 to 3 seconds? Because a football field is a 100 yards long, that would be 5280 feet, which is a mile. If he can run across that field with in 2 to 3 seconds, then i concede, spiderman can outrun a bullet. "
There you go with the running speed. It's a strawman argument. I'll answer my previous questions for you, No, Naruto can't hit someone who DODGES bullets on a regular basis."
Yes he can.
kinggamer97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By kinggamer97
Vance Astro said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
"oldmagic said:
There you go with the running speed. It's a strawman argument. I'll answer my previous questions for you, No, Naruto can't hit someone who DODGES bullets on a regular basis."
Yes he can."
Exactky
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Vance Astro said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
LOL"

Vance Astro said:

"

Ignore me all you want..I am absolutely right.It's a curbstomp and people wasted 6 pages of a thread going nowhere."
"oldmagic said:
Yes he can.
No, that's your logic. You just quoted yourself in lieu of a response, If it's a curbstomp, then PROVE IT with feats. Yes or no, Naruto can move the speed of sound.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Kimikirai
LegendaryKYJ said:
When an antagonist who manages to harm Spiderman does so by means in which Spideys suddenly forgotten his abilities, it’s PIS. Spidey dodging gunfire from point blank or from sniper rounds that all travel between 900-1500 MPH, but suddenly he can be hit by a far slower Naruto, makes absolute zero sense.
Spider-man didn't "forget" his ability. He doesn't have it. Spiderman does not move faster than sound.

This is the fallacy of your argument: you continuously pick his uncommon higher end feats and claim it as "the Real Spiderman" and say his usual showing is "PIS". What is more common? Spiderman dodging automatic gunfire from point blank, or Spiderman getting tagged by people slower than sound?

Lets be frank here. EVERY comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullets in comics. That doesn't mean Wolverine, Jubilee, Batman, Storm, Gambit, Robin, Dr. Strange, Xavier in a wheel chair, Punisher, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Dare Devil, Black Cat, Karate Kid, etc.. is faster than sound, nor does it mean that anything that hits them under sound speed is PIS.

I’m a cop, someone’s standing five feet away with a gun in his hand and fires. Do I get hit or can I dodge a bullet after it’s been fired? Contrarily, same scenario, except I’m spiderman, I’ve dodged bullets from automatic gunfire at this range before, now replace the scenario with Naruto throwing a punch, do I get hit or does Naruto miss?.
If you know what your opponents intention is and you move right when the trigger is pulled, sure. It has happened. The problem with punches and kicks, close quarters, is that they do not move in straight lines. Lets try this example instead:

We're 2 feet apart. I have a ball in my hand. I tell you i'm going to throw it at your head.
We're 2 feet apart. I tell you i'm going to hit you with a blow from eitehr my hands, elbows, leggs, knees, or head.

Which is harder to avoid?

PIS given your idea of consistency is undermined by him routinely dodging automatic gunfire you seem to dismess as “anyone can do it, why can’t Naruto”
Every comic hero dodges automatic gunfire. That doesn't mean they move faster than sound or dodge everything below sound speed. Once again: there is numerous factors involved in dodging gunfire. Bring up all the cases of filler gang bangers shooting guns you want, fact is that Spiderman, Punisher, Kitty Pryde, Batman, Bullseye, Daredevil, Jubilee, Squirrel Girl, Captain America, Psylocke, etc, etc, etc do not all move faster than sound.

It really is no surprise that all your arguments for Spiderman dodging everything Naruto throws is based on dodging filler bullets shot by filler characters.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
LegendaryKYJ said:
"Vance Astro said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"Vance Astro said:
LOL"

Vance Astro said:

"

Ignore me all you want..I am absolutely right.It's a curbstomp and people wasted 6 pages of a thread going nowhere."
"oldmagic said:
Yes he can.
No, that's your logic. You just quoted yourself in lieu of a response, If it's a curbstomp, then PROVE IT with feats. Yes or no, Naruto can move the speed of sound.

"
Obviously..nobody can get through to you.You think Spider-Man can't get hit by Naruto yet..Naurto is faster than people have consistently knocked Spider-Man out in h2h combat.As I said before...anyone arguing for Spider-Man is reaching.
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Kimikirai said:
Spider-man didn't "forget" his ability. He doesn't have it. Spiderman does not move faster than sound.

Yes or no, Batgirl, Captain America, Solid Snake, Karate Kid (DC), Frank Jaeger, dodge bullets.

This is the fallacy of your argument: you continuously pick his uncommon higher end feats and claim it as "the Real Spiderman" and say his usual showing is "PIS". What is more common? Spiderman dodging automatic gunfire from point blank, or Spiderman getting tagged by people slower than sound?

The Flashs usual showings have him pitted against characters like Captain Cold, DOES he or DOES HE NOT have the power to not be touched by them? I already know the answer, now let's see if you can say it.

Lets be frank here. EVERY comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullets in comics. That doesn't mean Wolverine, Jubilee, Batman, Storm, Gambit, Robin, Dr. Strange, Xavier in a wheel chair, Punisher, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Dare Devil, Black Cat, Karate Kid, etc.. is faster than sound, nor does it mean that anything that hits them under sound speed is PIS.

Aunt May can dodge bullets after they've been fired, gotcha.

If you know what your opponents intention is and you move right when the trigger is pulled, sure. It has happened. The problem with punches and kicks, close quarters, is that they do not move in straight lines. Lets try this example instead:We're 2 feet apart. I have a ball in my hand. I tell you i'm going to throw it at your head.
We're 2 feet apart. I tell you i'm going to hit you with a blow from eitehr my hands, elbows, leggs, knees, or head.

Which is harder to avoid?

That's called AIM DODGING, BULLET TIMING is reacting AFTER the bullet has been FIRED FROM THE BARREL. Naruto can not hit someone that can BULLET TIME. 

Every comic hero dodges automatic gunfire. That doesn't mean they move faster than sound or dodge everything below sound speed. Once again: there is numerous factors involved in dodging gunfire. Bring up all the cases of filler gang bangers shooting guns you want, fact is that Spiderman, Punisher, Kitty Pryde, Batman, Bullseye, Daredevil, Jubilee, Squirrel Girl, Captain America, Psylocke, etc, etc, etc do not all move faster than sound.

Who is "Every comic book hero"? Strawman fallacy. In order for it to work, you're trying to get me to give an answer to an irrelevant question. Once again, No one is claiming he moves "faster then sound" as per his highest showings (which is what I'm assuming he's at, otherwise this thread was made for sole purpose of Naruto to win, which would be completely stupid) he can DODGE objects that move that quickly. I'm still waiting for someone to give a solid response as to whether or not anyone in the Narutoverse can do that.

It really is no surprise that all your arguments for Spiderman dodging everything Naruto throws is based on dodging filler bullets shot by filler characters.

Wow, I'm arguing based on spideys highest showings, look out, i'm a fanboy *rollseyes.* Hey aren't you backing that guy that said "Naruto can outrun a train, so he should be able to dodge bullets?" 
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Kimikirai
LegendaryKYJ said:
Yes or no, Batgirl, Captain America, Solid Snake, Karate Kid (DC), Frank Jaeger, dodge bullets.
Yes. They dodge bullets. A lot of heroes dodge bullets. They do not, however, have "faster than sound" dodging reflexes. That was fun.

The Flashs usual showings have him pitted against characters like Captain Cold, DOES he or DOES HE NOT have the power to not be touched by them? I already know the answer, now let's see if you can say it.
Yes. he shouldn't be hit by them. I don't see what the relevance of this is. Flash's powerset is described as having faster than light speed.

Marvel's official database said:
Powers:
Peter can cling to most surfaces, has superhuman strength (able to lift 10 tons optimally) and is roughly 15 times more agile than a regular human. The combination of his acrobatic leaps and web-slinging enables him to travel rapidly from place to place. His spider-sense provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes.
Faster than sound... faster than sound... faster than sound... can dodge faster than sound... can dodge faster than sound... can dodge faster than sound... No, I don't see it. Perhaps I need some glasses.. Can I borrow yours?

Aunt May can dodge bullets after they've been fired, gotcha.
Oh! Wow! Humor Fallacy. You must be a fan of Michael Moore.

Why don't you address what I said instead.

Answer this:

Wolverine, Jubilee, Batman, Storm, Gambit, Robin, Dr. Strange, Xavier in a wheel chair, Punisher, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Dare Devil, Black Cat, Karate Kid, etc.. do they all have faster than sound "dodging ability"? is it PIS whenever they're hit by anything slower than a bullet?

Who is "Every comic book hero"? Strawman fallacy. In order for it to work, you're trying to get me to give an answer to an irrelevant question. Once again, No one is claiming he moves "faster then sound" as per his highest showings (which is what I'm assuming he's at, otherwise this thread was made for sole purpose of Naruto to win, which would be completely stupid) he can DODGE objects that move that quickly.
Not a strawman. Fallacy fallacy. Calling "fallacy" when it does not apply to avoid a question or draw away from the actual argument.

Let me rephrase it for you so you cannot run from it.. instead of calling it "faster than sound", lets call it "dodging things faster than sound". Better for you? (even though logicaly you must move faster than sound to dodge something fast as sound).

I'm still waiting for someone to give a solid response as to whether or not anyone in the Narutoverse can do that.
I did. I said theres no bullets in Narutoverse. But i'll answer like this:

Naruto characters have better speed/agility feats than these characters who have dodged bullets:
  1. Punisher
  2. Solid Snake
  3. Chameleon
  4. Kraven the Hunter
  5. Jubilee
  6. Typhoid Mary
  7. Black Cat
  8. Carrion
  9. Squirrel Girl
  10. Your Average Cop
I can make this list touch the hundreds.

Wow, I'm arguing based on spideys highest showings, look out, i'm a fanboy *rollseyes.* Hey aren't you backing that guy that said "Naruto can outrun a train, so he should be able to dodge bullets?"
I don't know if you're a "fanboy", but you're definitely not fair or objective. And no, i'm backing me. A guy who says Naruto can tag Spider-man like every other slower than sound guy has done.

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#163  Edited By Cavalry

I want to say Spidey, but Naruto in 2 tails + form  has a forcefield that disintigrates anything it touches. (including his own skin)

I don't think Spidey can do anything against that.

Also, recently Naruto has gained superstrength + invulnerability by using sage chakra.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Lantern Prime

LegendaryKYJ said:
"oldmagic said:
"Spiderman can't move faster then sound either. "
Do you read what you want to read? Are you denying his powerset"
Man its been a long time since you've been on here huh?
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Lantern Prime said:
"
LegendaryKYJ said:
"oldmagic said:
"Spiderman can't move faster then sound either. "
Do you read what you want to read? Are you denying his powerset"
Man its been a long time since you've been on here huh?"
Pretty much, I want to say it's nice to see the changes and stuff, like Buckshot posting forum rules. How you been?
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Lantern Prime

Been good. Remeber me Soundwave 07?

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Kimikirai said:
Yes. They dodge bullets. A lot of heroes dodge bullets. They do not, however, have "faster than sound" dodging reflexes. That was fun.

So that's a yes, those characters can dodge faster then sound projectiles, I.E. BULLETS.

speed of sound at sea level = 340.29 m / s
Speed of a bullet= 900-1500 m/s

Can Naruto move that quickly?

Yes. he shouldn't be hit by them. I don't see what the relevance of this is. Flash's powerset is described as having faster than light speed.

So that's an instance of PIS, good of you to acknowledge the superior speed of Flash considering it's relevancy to the topic of characters that can't bullet time hitting Spiderman.

Powers:
Peter can cling to most surfaces, has superhuman strength (able to lift 10 tons optimally) and is roughly 15 times more agile than a regular human. The combination of his acrobatic leaps and web-slinging enables him to travel rapidly from place to place. His spider-sense provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes.
Faster than sound... faster than sound... faster than sound... can dodge faster than sound... can dodge faster than sound... can dodge faster than sound... No, I don't see it. Perhaps I need some glasses.. Can I borrow yours?

"His spider-sense (the thing that lets him know bullets are coming, bullets, you know, the things that travel at over three to five times speed of sound) provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics (Superhuman movement of the body), enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes(It's automatic as long as he says so)."

It's as if you've made my point for me.

"Lets be frank here. EVERY comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullets in comics." - Kimikirai. The sad thing is, I wasn't trying to be funny, I was actually making a reference to your logic of  "every comicbookhero" being able to dodge bullets.

Answer this:

Wolverine, Jubilee, Batman, Storm, Gambit, Robin, Dr. Strange, Xavier in a wheel chair, Punisher, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Dare Devil, Black Cat, Karate Kid, etc.. do they all have faster than sound "dodging ability"? is it PIS whenever they're hit by anything slower than a bullet?

Please see the above mavel database you like to misconstrue as to the relevance of the question (which is Spiderman in case you forgot). And, what does it matter when, "Every comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullet."

is it PIS whenever they're hit by anything slower than a bullet?

Gambit, Dare Devil, Cap, and KK, (the ones that have shown to dodge bullets after they're fired) yes it's PIS. The others you mentioned above don't have bullet time reflexes that I know of. Just so we're clear:

What is PIS?
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline.It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.
Who is "Every comic book hero"? Strawman fallacy. In order for it to work, you're trying to get me to give an answer to an irrelevant question. Once again, No one is claiming he moves "faster then sound" as per his highest showings (which is what I'm assuming he's at, otherwise this thread was made for sole purpose of Naruto to win, which would be completely stupid) he can DODGE objects that move that quickly.
Not a strawman. Fallacy fallacy. Calling "fallacy" when it does not apply to avoid a question or draw away from the actual argument.
Let me rephrase it for you so you cannot run from it.. instead of calling it "faster than sound", lets call it "dodging things faster than sound". Better for you? (even though logicaly you must move faster than sound to dodge something fast as sound).

You're trying to mask bullet time reflexes (what I've contuinually said over and over again) with superhuman speed. You've attempted to set up a misrepresentation of my position, calling BTR Superhuman speed, refuting that Spiderman can't outrun a train while trying to attribute that to my bullet time reaction standpoint. Yes, it's a straw man argument.

I'm still waiting for someone to give a solid response as to whether or not anyone in the Narutoverse can do that.
I did. I said theres no bullets in Narutoverse. But i'll answer like this:

That's a cop out, the answer is, there's nothing in the Narutoverse that travels at that speed.

Naruto characters have better speed/agility feats than these characters who have dodged bullets:

1. Solid Snake
I can make this list touch the hundreds.

They'll have to be better then that list you've compiled, since Solid Snake is the only one who can bullet time.

I don't know if you're a "fanboy", but you're definitely not fair or objective. And no, i'm backing me. A guy who says Naruto can tag Spider-man like every other slower than sound guy has done.

A guy who says "Every comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullet" is hardly in a position to question my credability.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By oldmagic
oldmagic said:
"I'm not even going to bother anymore. I just want to ask you a question. Is Spiderman faster then the speed Oro is moving at? 2:20. And if you watch this whole video, you see Sasuke jumping so high, he outclasses Spiderman in every possible way when it comes to leaping ability. 

"
CAN you answer this question. Could Spiderman move at that speed? Watch the video and you can tell me weather Spiderman can move at that speed or not. 
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
oldmagic said:
"oldmagic said:
"I'm not even going to bother anymore. I just want to ask you a question. Is Spiderman faster then the speed Oro is moving at? 2:20. And if you watch this whole video, you see Sasuke jumping so high, he outclasses Spiderman in every possible way when it comes to leaping ability. 

"
CAN you answer this question. Could Spiderman move at that speed? Watch the video and you can tell me weather Spiderman can move at that speed or not. "

Considering Sasuke can follow that speed, and he's still registering as a humanoid moving really quickly, it's not speed of sound. Human perception can't register SOS, we can see Oro moving. Weren't you the one that said "the anime doesnt give the manga any dues" or something along those lines? And, now you're trying to submit both as evidence? Wow... And that one guy said I was reaching.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By oldmagic

what? What are you talking about?! I just asked, weather Spiderman can run as quickly as Oro. I never asked for anything else. I just wanted to ask weather spiderman can run like that. Can he? Can he outrun Oro's speed? 

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Kimikirai
LegendaryKYJ, i'm done with you. This is going in circles and will continue to.

1. You say Naruto can't hit Spiderman because Naruto cannot move at the speed of sound.
  2. I'll say Naruto can hit Spiderman, since a lot of people slower than Naruto tag him.
  3. You'll say that Spiderman getting hit by anyone that is slower than sound (aka 90%+ of his enemies) is PIS.
  4. I'll say that it is not PIS.
  5. You'll say Spiderman dodges gunfire all the time with ease. Its PIS.
  6. I'll say dodging gunfire is different than dodging strikes from a martial artist. I'll also mention how practicaly every Marvel hero dodges has dodged bullets, and that they have reflexes slower than sound.
  7. You'll insist thats PIS too.
So thats pretty much it folks.

If you believe:
-dodging bullets means you have speed of sound reflexes
-you need to attack faster than sound to hit Spiderman
-all cases of Spiderman or any hero who has dodged bullets, getting hit by an attack slower than the speed of sound is PIS/Bad Writing

Then you're on LegendaryKYJ's side.

If you believe:
-dodging bullets is different than dodging blows from a martial artist
-dodging bullets does not automatically mean your reflexes are faster than sound, every hero and everyday cops do this
-you don't need to be faster than sound to hit Spiderman, like the vast majority of his enemies

Then you're probably on my side.

The End.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"LegendaryKYJ, i'm done with you. This is going in circles and will continue to.

1. You say Naruto can't hit Spiderman because Naruto cannot move at the speed of sound.
  2. I'll say Naruto can hit Spiderman, since a lot of people slower than Naruto tag him.
  3. You'll say that Spiderman getting hit by anyone that is slower than sound (aka 90%+ of his enemies) is PIS.
  6. I'll say dodging gunfire is different than dodging strikes from a martial artist. I'll also mention how practicaly every Marvel hero dodges has dodged bullets, and that they have reflexes slower than sound.
Vance changes lives.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Kimikirai
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"LegendaryKYJ, i'm done with you. This is going in circles and will continue to.

Vance changes lives."
No, he doesn't. The difference between this fight and Baki is that the author directly implies that Baki moves faster than sight. Furthermore, Baki doesn't get hit by people slower than sound. Spiderman does. Different animals.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:

Vance changes lives."
No, he doesn't. The difference between this fight and Baki is that the author directly implies that Baki moves faster than sight. Furthermore, Baki doesn't get hit by people slower than sound. Spiderman does. Different animals."
WTF are you talking about? My post has nothing to do with any of that dumb sh#t.Numbering is my debate format...thus "Vance changes lives".Now go ahead and act as if you were using it before you saw me do it...
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Kimikirai

If it makes you happy to think that go ahead. lol

(even though I can bring up post from 2004 from Sherdog.com/Caliburforums.com/Narutofan.com that would prove otherwise)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kimikirai said:
"If it makes you happy to think that go ahead. lol

(even though I can bring up post from 2004 from Sherdog.com/Caliburforums.com/Narutofan.com that would prove otherwise)"
That isn't comicvine.....but thanks for the broken link.
Vance owns all.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By oldmagic

okay guys! The whole grudge is wrong. Granted, i still think Kyubi would OWN Alucard of the hellsing like a silly puppy but i let that go because there isn't enough facts on the demon to really fight against Kimi. 

The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#178  Edited By The 502 Kid

This is getting just as bad Goku vs Superman lol

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
The 502 Kid said:
"This is getting just as bad Goku vs Superman lol"
This has BEEN as bad as Goku vs. Superman.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By oldmagic

Ironically enough, this is either a curbstomp on Spiderman or Naruto. The other is claiming Naruto would go down easily while i am saying Spiderman would go down easily. 

hahha 
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Lantern Prime said:
"Been good. Remeber me Soundwave 07?"
Sorry dude, it's been awhile since I've been here. I seriously forgot this place existed until a day or so ago.
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:

Vance changes lives."
No, he doesn't. The difference between this fight and Baki is that the author directly implies that Baki moves faster than sight. Furthermore, Baki doesn't get hit by people slower than sound. Spiderman does. Different animals."
Aaaw, giving more feats to different characters without adequate proof again are we? :( Like, "implying" Flashes rogues can hurt him, hahaha@ you.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By oldmagic
oldmagic said:
"oldmagic said:

"

oldmagic
 said:
"what? What are you talking about?! I just asked, weather Spiderman can run as quickly as Oro. I never asked for anything else. I just wanted to ask weather spiderman can run like that. Can he? Can he outrun Oro's speed? "
Answer my goddamn question. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#184  Edited By Erik

I think I was able to put up the best argument for Spider-Man and I was proven horribly wrong. This is a done deal. Naruto wins.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By oldmagic
erik said:
"I think I was able to put up the best argument for Spider-Man and I was proven horribly wrong. This is a done deal. Naruto wins."
Bullets maybe faster but it only goes in a straight line. This gives people an opportunity to dodge. Heck, an old woman was able to dodge it point blank at that thread with in texas. Does that give her the ability to move at speed of sound? Fck no! I can prove a scan where the swordsmen lives in a world where guns that revolve it. Trigun, ever heard of it?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Erik
oldmagic said:
"erik said:
"I think I was able to put up the best argument for Spider-Man and I was proven horribly wrong. This is a done deal. Naruto wins."
Bullets maybe faster but it only goes in a straight line. This gives people an opportunity to dodge. Heck, an old woman was able to dodge it point blank at that thread with in texas. Does that give her the ability to move at speed of sound? Fck no! I can prove a scan where the swordsmen lives in a world where guns that revolve it. Trigun, ever heard of it?"
Huh??? Are you just stuck in defensive mode? I just conceded defeat for the second time. Where the hell is this coming from?
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By oldmagic

no! lol i was just saying is all. I'm not trying to make any thing out of it. I'm just discussing this. No debate involved! I swear lol This is mostly towards Legendary, the guy who won't concede that Naruto would beat Spiderman. The second last panel should explain a bit about bullets and a swordsmen. 

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Wisppeons

just drop it

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Vance Astro said:
Obviously..nobody can get through to you.You think Spider-Man can't get hit by Naruto yet..Naurto is faster than people have consistently knocked Spider-Man out in h2h combat.As I said before...anyone arguing for Spider-Man is reaching."

Must have missed this.

"What is PIS?
Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline.It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman."

Kimikirai said:

I'm still waiting for you to answer the following, the stuff in bold is what you wrote:

Powers:

"His spider-sense (the thing that lets him know bullets are coming, bullets, you know, the things that travel at over three to five times speed of sound) provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics (Superhuman movement of the body), enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes(It's automatic as long as he says so)."

"Lets be frank here. EVERY comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullets in comics."
- Kimikirai. The sad thing is, I wasn't trying to be funny, I was actually making a reference to your logic of  "every comicbookhero, even regular humans" being able to dodge bullets. So can Aunt May dodge bullets?

So that's a yes, those characters can dodge faster then sound projectiles, I.E. BULLETS. (And, last I checked, none of them move faster then sound, imagine that.)

speed of sound at sea level = 340.29 m / s
Speed of a bullet= 900-1500 m/s

Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Kimikirai
LegendaryKYJ said:
I guess you want me to address your smart ass remark. Okay. Let me answer you...

No, more like you put in additions in your favor.

First off, lets go back to one of my original post.. since your memory doesn't seem pristine.

Kimikirai said:
How can you say it is PIS when this accounts for the vast majority of his showings? Which is more common? Spiderman dodging attacks that are faster than sound? Or Spiderman getting tagged by attacks slower than sound? I think we both know it is the latter. Now that would mean that eitehr a. Spiderman dodging bullets is PIS or b. Spiderman can specificaly dodge bullets because of some set factors. Once again, I say Spiderman dodges bullets with his heightened agility, reaction, his spidersense,and the simple principle of understanding the space a gun controls and its projectory

Now that thats taken care of, lets see what you did.

"His spider-sense (the thing that lets him know bullets are coming, bullets, you know, the things that travel at over three to five times speed of sound) provides an early warning detection system linked with his superhuman kinesthetics (Superhuman movement of the body), enabling him the ability to evade most any injury, provided he doesn't cognitively override the autonomic reflexes(It's automatic as long as he says so).
Now here is where we disagree. I do not believe that Spiderman has "faster than sound" movement or reflexes. Tell me, how do you choose that "dodging bullets" (you know, that thing every superhero does from Wolverine to Jubilee) is whats "real" and that the MAIN story (you know, not the filler) of him getting hit by practically all his villains is "PIS"? Thats bullshit. I believe that Peter's spidersense tells him "hey, you know somethings gonna hit your shoulder right?" It tells him this before the bullet comes or right directly after it is fired. I already mentioned all the factors involved with Spiderman dodging bullets.

If anything, BULLETS in Marvel/DC universe suffer from PIS, thats physics induced stupidity. We both know that bullets in the MU are only used to showoff street levelers agility. To show that they can beat the filler thugs and crooks. However, if you give a hero a gun.. say.. Punisher or Cable! Or a villain like... Deadpool. Then yeah, now bullets can hit because they have to showcase said characters ability with a gun.

Kimikirai. The sad thing is, I wasn't trying to be funny, I was actually making a reference to your logic of  "every comicbookhero, even regular humans" being able to dodge bullets.
You know full well i'm talking about real life humans such as cops and soldiers. You purposely took what I said out of context. And yes, people like Punisher, if you want to go there, are regular humans.

See.. this is why I stopped. We're going to go in circles. I'm going to say: "No. And neither does Kraven, Chameleon, Punisher, (enter practically every villain Spiderman has fought)..." You're going to say all of those consistent cases are PIS. Etc. etc.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Trigun scans?

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Kimikirai said:

I guess you want me to address your smart ass remark. Okay. Let me answer you...
No, more like you put in additions in your favor.
First off, lets go back to one of my original post.. since your memory doesn't seem pristine.
Kimikirai said:
Now here is where we disagree. I do not believe that Spiderman has "faster than sound" movement or reflexes.

His higher showings contradict you. He's dodged automatic gunfire, 9mm fire, and sniper round fire.

Tell me, how do you choose that "dodging bullets" (you know, that thing every superhero does from Wolverine to Jubilee) is whats "real" and that the MAIN story (you know, not the filler) of him getting hit by practically all his villains is "PIS"? Thats bullshit.

Again, strawman fallacy, you're trying to distort dodging bullets after it's been fired (Bullet Time Reflexes) with dodging where a character believes the bullets are going to fly (Aim Dodging).  As per the rules of these forums, PIS is not counted, and I quote:

"PIS and CIS

These are terms commonly used on battle forums on other sites and most of us know what they mean. For those who don’t, PIS is “plot induced stupidity” and CIS is “character induced stupidity”. PIS/”jobbing” is when a character loses for the sake of plot despite the fact that they should be able to win. CIS is when a character loses because an aspect of the character (usually a lack of intelligence) gets in his own way. Superman losing to Batman would be PIS is most cases since Superman is perfectly capable of beating Batman in a number of ways before he can react. Sandman losing to Spider-Man is CIS because Sandman isn’t all that smart so Spider-Man, who is less powerful and should be easy to beat, can outsmart him and find victory.

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. (Sounds a little relevant to the argument) Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)"

I can bark this all I want, but for some reason, I think you're going to bring up "punisher hitting Spiderman" again. Even thought it's a clear violation of the rules.

I believe that Peter's spidersense tells him "hey, you know somethings gonna hit your shoulder right?" It tells him this before the bullet comes or right directly after it is fired. I already mentioned all the factors involved with Spiderman dodging bullets.

How can you say his power helps him dodge bullets (objects that travel 3-5 times the SOS), and quote from the marvel handbook where it states why he can, yet, argue Spidey doesn't have the reflexes to dodge anything moving past the speed of sound? No, this isn't where we conflict, this is where you stubbornly won't admit Spidey can dodge objects moving that speed. That sir, is faulty logic.

If anything, BULLETS in Marvel/DC universe suffer from PIS, thats physics induced stupidity.

You're referring to the weapons in a comicbook that are supposed to reflect the real worlds, and complaining about the physics...? It's fantasy, dude.

We both know that bullets in the MU are only used to showoff street levelers agility. To show that they can beat the filler thugs and crooks. However, if you give a hero a gun.. say.. Punisher! Or a villain like... Cable. Then yeah, now bullets can hit because they have to showcase said characters ability with a gun.

So you're basically saying, since it's no names firing said weapons, it doesn't count, but, a powerset of said person that usually dodges bullets doesn't work like it should because another big name is the one doing the shooting/attacking. Question, the Flash is multiple times faster then light, he can run around the world in seconds, he can vacate an entire city full of people while a nuclear explosion starts to explode,. The question is: He's been hit by Captain Colds ice gun, but, Capt Cold has done it before, so it's alright and, as you said, "Or a villain like... Cable. Then yeah, now bullets can hit because they have to showcase said characters ability with a gun.", why does this not make sense?

Kimikirai. The sad thing is, I wasn't trying to be funny, I was actually making a reference to your logic of  "every comicbookhero, even regular humans" being able to dodge bullets.
You know full well i'm talking about real life humans such as cops and soldiers. You purposely took what I said out of context.

I didn't take squat out of context, you said, "Lets be frank here. EVERY comicbook hero, even regular humans, can dodge bullets in comics." - Kimikirai. If you meant to put otherwise, there is an "edit" button, but since you didn't edit it, I'm inclined to think the latter. I can't interpret what you meant to say, I'm not a mind reader.

And yes, people like Punisher, if you want to go there, are regular humans.

Now, a regular human (Punisher) armed with an automatic weapon gets in a fight with Spiderman, what happens?
See.. this is why I stopped. We're going to go in circles. I'm going to say: "No. And neither does Kraven, Chameleon, Punisher, (enter practically every villain Spiderman has fought)..." You're going to say all of those consistent cases are PIS. Etc. etc."
"...PIS/”jobbing” is when a character loses for the sake of plot despite the fact that they should be able to win... In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS. " - The rules of the board. Jobbing/PIS: Supermans done it for Batman, Karate Kids done it for Batman, Flash has done it for Captain Cold, Rock Lee did it for Gaara, Sentry did it for the Hulk, Fire Lord did it for Spiderman, Galactus did it for the Thing, Dr. Doom and Thanos have done it for Squirrel Girl.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Lantern Prime
Vance Astro said:
"Trigun scans?"

Trigun? Bleach? Waht does have to do with this topic?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Wisppeons said:
"

just drop it

"
They got 48 pages to go lol.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Erik
oldmagic said:
"no! lol i was just saying is all. I'm not trying to make any thing out of it. I'm just discussing this. No debate involved! I swear lol This is mostly towards Legendary, the guy who won't concede that Naruto would beat Spiderman. The second last panel should explain a bit about bullets and a swordsmen. 
"
Oh I see. Lol.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Trigun scans?"

Trigun? Bleach? Waht does have to do with this topic?"
That's what I'm asking.
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Trigun scans?"

Trigun? Bleach? Waht does have to do with this topic?"

It's another strawman, he's trying to refute the speed of bullets by generalizing overall comic books using an unrelated manga, thus disproving the speed of a bullet being different from the speed of a puch or kick.
Kimikirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Kimikirai

This really is going in circles...

Flash does not equal Spiderman. Stop trying to bridge the comparison. Moving FTL does not equal Spidersense.

Now we're going to go around and around regarding PIS. Lets play a game, i'll even fill a spot for you:

Fill in this list:

Spiderman has dodged faster than sound:

1. Bullets
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?

And i'll fill in this..

Spiderman has been hit slower than sound:
  1. Chameleon's fist
  2. Chameleon's leg
  3. Kraven's fist
  4. Kraven's leg
  5. Kraven's spear
  6. Carrion's hands
  7. The Fox's fist
  8. The Fox's leg
  9. Juggernaut's fist
  10. Hulk's fist
  11. Captain America's fist
  12. Captain America's leg
  13. Captain America's shield
  14. Mary Jane's open palm
  15. Bloody Mary's fist
  16. Bloody Mary's leg
  17. Bloody Mary's knives
  18. Lizard's fist
  19. Lizard's legs
  20. Lizard's tail
  21. Morbius' fist
  22. Morbius' leg
  23. Morbius' head
  24. Hammerhead's fist
  25. Hammerhead's leg
  26. King Pin's fist
  27. King Pin's leg
  28. Vulture's fist
  29. Vulture's leg
  30. Vulture's talon
  31. Shriek's fist
  32. Shriek's leg

Tiring.. SO MANY, so little time. I'll let you catch up and i'll start again.
Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Resonate

Depends if he pisses Naruto off to an ungodly amount of rage that he turns into a vicious animal and rips him to shreds

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Resonate said:
"Depends if he pisses Naruto off to an ungodly amount of rage that he turns into a vicious animal and rips him to shreds"
Legendary KY Jelly doesn't get it.He just says any old goddamn thing.He doesn't make any sense and then acts as if he's a god tier debater.