• 192 results
#51 Posted by BaBaBoom (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman all the way!

#52 Posted by Adriell2124 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: My memory is fuzzy but can't the ODST's flip tanks too in Halo: ODST?

#53 Posted by Spiderman22 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins here he is to fast and spiderman supported a collapsed building more than 100 tons spiderman can easily match him strenghth and spidey is to smart and ss will help master chief will come slow motion spidey takes this

#54 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Webs will do nothing to Master Chief. His armor has tanked plasma and falls from space.

Spider Man may dodge his bullets, but I doubt he will be able to penetrate Chief's armor to do any major damage. Master Chief has many advantages, including shields, 3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses), major luck, superhuman strength(also on par with Spidey), and weaponry, which should keep Spider Man his distance.

Master Chief wins 6/10

Stating his armor's durability is nothing when you're stating why webbing won't work for him. The webs aren't damaging him, they're restraining him.

#55 Posted by HAVICKGREEN (222 posts) - - Show Bio

mc is the future his Ar is not natural it kills humans intstanly, mc is a supersoldier with armor

headshots

#56 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@HAVICKGREEN said:

mc is the future his Ar is not natural it kills humans intstanly, mc is a supersoldier with armor

headshots

Brilliant argument. Guys this debate is over, this fellow over here has ended it with this one statement. Guys, c'mon, i mean. Headshots. C'mon.

Seriously though, i don't get what you're saying.

#57 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

In the games spartans can flip the Elephant which is 205 tons

#58 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

Webs will do nothing to Master Chief. His armor has tanked plasma and falls from space.

Spider Man may dodge his bullets, but I doubt he will be able to penetrate Chief's armor to do any major damage. Master Chief has many advantages, including shields, 3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses), major luck, superhuman strength(also on par with Spidey), and weaponry, which should keep Spider Man his distance.

Master Chief wins 6/10

Stating his armor's durability is nothing when you're stating why webbing won't work for him. The webs aren't damaging him, they're restraining him.

He has a shield around his armor so the webs would just stick around his shield and not effect his actual body at all.

If Parker hits his shield it would take 2 hits or so to take it down momentarily.

#59 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterchief

#60 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

In the games spartans can flip the Elephant which is 205 tons

@Adriell2124 said:

@AverageMan: My memory is fuzzy but can't the ODST's flip tanks too in Halo: ODST?

These were gameplay mechanics so they don't really count.

#61 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mark VI suit augments master chief's already super human strength (the suit weighs 500kg so it definitely has some motors built in) so he would most likely be able to flip things like tanks with ease. Whether or not he could flip it like in the game and not damage the vehicle is a completely different story. MC's suit will literally cause a normal human to kill themselves by breaking every bone in their body because small movements like what would be moving your arm an inch to the left turn into swinging your arm like a missle which has devastating consequences on someone who can't control it. It even says in The Fall of Reach that normal humans tested the suits and consequently killed themselves when they couldn't control their movements and broke most bones in their body causing them to thrash about which further broke more of their body parts. There is no way in hell that a cyborg augmented by an extremely powerful suit wouldn't be able to flip a tank; in fact, MC could probably throw the tank on top of a small building if he wanted to.

#62 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man can't hurt Chief enough.

Chief won't be able to hit him.

Chief will use all his bullets and Spider-Man really has no choice but to try and physically attack him. Master Chief has his armor and shield, which won't let Spider-Man hurt him enough. MC will most probably win unless Spider-Man gets a lucky punch to the visor or something.

#63 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8937 posts) - - Show Bio

The Master Cheif tossing tanks and Warthogs isn't cannon according to Bungie (read it on their forums after the books started coming out but I didn't go to find the threads) it is there as a gameplay mechanic. Allegedly Cheif is anywhere between 2,500lbs to 5 tons. His biggest advantage here is his motion sensor and his armor. He can track Spider-Man's movements (although he still might have trouble since Spidey moves a lot faster than what he's used to). Spider-Man has cracked through Iron Man's armor before (but its bloodied up his hand something good) but Cheif's shields are the big factor. They would require constant, repetitive hits to drain, and keep down. Cheif will not hit him with his bullets, seeing as Spider-Man dodges them on a regular basis, and he has his spider-sense. Cheif's punches probably aren't hard enough to seriously hurt Spider-Man (he's been hit by Rhino, Scorpion, and Venom before and kept fighting), and they definately aren't fast enough to land. I don't see either one tiring easily, or really at all. I think the only chance Spidey has is to incapacitate the Cheif with a combination of punches to daze, webbing to snare, and freezing pellets to reinforce. As for the Cheif, I simply don't see him winning because I don't see him laying a hand on Spidey. It isn't a definitive win, though.

#64 Edited by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man blood-lusted and fighting competently?

Chief cant win....at all,even if we assume Spidey cant injure his armor,i dont see whats stopping him from merely webbing Chief and then snapping his heck or forcefully removing his helmet.
The speed difference here is just too massive,although Chief CAN evade web,he wont be able to keep that up forever.

#65 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey needs to break thru the Armour. Chief need to land a hit. Unstoppable meats Immovable.

#66 Posted by othus12 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: just the way he tanked getting drowned? XD

#67 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

Master Chief wins 6/10

He has a shield around his armor so the webs would just stick around his shield and not effect his actual body at all.

If Parker hits his shield it would take 2 hits or so to take it down momentarily.

Oh, the original phrasing made it seem as if the webbing was used as a projectile rather than something to contain MC.

#68 Posted by darktiger (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2 said:

Spider-Man blood-lusted and fighting competently? Chief cant win....at all,even if we assume Spidey cant injure his armor,i dont see whats stopping him from merely webbing Chief and then snapping his heck or forcefully removing his helmet. The speed difference here is just too massive,although Chief CAN evade web,he wont be able to keep that up forever.

gotta agree

#69 Posted by Om4zd (929 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER...  

#70 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

MC is nowhere near 30t.

MC could pull out a win with Cortanas help,without her he loses.

#71 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman, assuming he can penetrate MC's shields.

#72 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief probably won't win this. As Strider pointed out, All Spider-Man really has to do is web up Master Chief.

Also, flipping Scorpion tanks doesn't count as a feat, it's a gameplay mechanic.

#73 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

good thing mc doesn't have kaboomys spidy would grab and kill.

#74 Posted by VeganDiet (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

MC can't tag Spidey. Spidey would wear him down eventually.

#75 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman can't hurt Mc, but Mc can just snipe down Spidey.

#76 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you people think Spider-man beats Rhino? Walks up and kicks him in the face a few times? MC's durability isn't going to save him.

@ComocYahweh said:

Spiderman can't hurt Mc, but Mc can just snipe down Spidey.

MC can just shoot spider-man?

with a gun?

when has that ever worked

#77 Edited by SAMUSBOI (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be draw mostly b/c none of spideys attacks are going to do squat to MC and Mc cant land a hit to him b/c of his spidey sense. So what i think would happen is that they would both just call it a day and play video games with each other and get drunk together and smoke weed together. I mean come on Mc saved the world from the covenant like 3 times and beat the promethions. Spideys been kicken ass and being a nerd but still cool though. They both deserve a break. I like both games by the way i think they are BOSS! So my answer is i think it would be a draw and they would hangout and get high together WHOS WITH ME!

#78 Posted by SuperDrummer (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey takes this with minor difficulty.

John-117 is around 390 or so pounds out of the suit. SPARTAN II Augmentation Procedures enable the subject to lift 3 times their bodyweight unassisted. That puts John at being able to lift about 1,200 pounds above his head. Just a little bit beyond peak human levels, so that seems about right. Reflexes are enhanced by a factor of 300%, so the procedures triple John's reaction times.

The MJOLNIR suit further enhances the application of force and lifting strength by a factor of 2. So John in suit can now lift around 2,400 pounds under normal conditions. He is now a legitimate 1.2 tonner, although he can likely lift or strike with more force in combat scenarios. I'll put John at a generous 3 tonner under combat duress. John reflexes are enhanced by a factor of 5 in the suit. That puts him at 15x normal human reaction speed.

So let's compare John to Peter

John (In suit)

Strength: 3 tons (with adrenaline in combat scenarios, 6,000 pounds)

Speed: John's best showing is running briefly at 65 MPH in his armor, and he tore his Achilles tendon doing it. He's stated as slower than Kelly, who is stated to top out at 38.5 MPH in her suit. I put him at 32 MPH normally

Reflexes: 15x normal human capacity

Training: Elite soldier h2h training, familiarity with several different types of weapons

Peter Parker

Strength: 10 tons (20,000 pounds)

Speed: Can keep up with cars on foot, so around 30-40 MPH. He can webswing at varying speeds, generally accepted as 65-70 mph normally

Reflexes: 40x human capacity, with a borderline precognitive awareness mechanism "Spider Sense"

Parker also possesses superhuman balance, flexibility, and coordination, keeping perfect equilibrium in almost any circumstance.

Training: "The Way of the Spider" training, his own unique powerset and abilities make him unpredictable and incredibly hard to hit.

So when you further break it down

Parker is 3.33X stronger than Chief. That's a HUGE strength advantage

About 2.66 times more reflexive and an more coordinated and flexible by an unknown degree. Once again, a sizable advantage in reflexive speed.

On par with John's combat training.

The only problem I see Parker having with John is breaching his armor, but Parker is incredibly innovative and creative in combat scenarios.

I give Parker 7-8/10 fights if he chooses to to toe to toe with John

He wins all of them if he decides to use webbing. I don't think John is strong enough to break his webbing, even with the suit

Nice! There are two things that I'd like to elaborate on though.

The first problem I can see is that he is significantly heavier in his suit (From clicking around, I think its half a ton). If the suit helps him keep the ratio (Which IMO is implied), than he should be a 3 ton minimum. As you said, he should be able pull out some more in combat, so I'd round it up to 4-5 tons. A little less than half as opposed to a little less than a third.

Second that extremely pesky energy shield/armor combo... that has tanked falling from the atmosphere and plasma. That I think is the biggest factor in this fight, and could stop any hit that spidey could dish out. However, the damage on the shield builds up until they its down, unless they its allowed to recharge, which I don't see spidey doing all that much. The same goes for the shields recharging once down. Once the shields are down, titanium plating is waiting for him, but I think that it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem... although one tag from MC would most likely shift the balance of the fight long enough for his shields to recharge. That is IF he can tag spidey... which isn't all that likely. That being said, maybe I'm not all that caught up on my favorite web-slinger, but web-slinging might actually give Chief the opening he needs to recharge his shield, considering mid range is Chief's range of choice.

I agree to 7/10 in spidey's favor.

#79 Edited by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big Halo fan and all, But Master Chief is not ready for the Amazing One. People are forgetting the things and people Spidey has beating in the past.

#80 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

I see masterchief winning, since he can tanked all of spiderman attacked, and just need one shoot to killed him, but if it was the symbiote, spiderman would probaly win.

#81 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames said:

I see masterchief winning, since he can tanked all of spiderman attacked, and just need one shoot to killed him, but if it was the symbiote, spiderman would probaly win.

It would seem you Spiderman knowledge is somewhat lacking. The symbiote did not increase Spidey's stats in anyway. Did you see the scan above? That's the Amazing One putting a hurting on Ironman 2020 (Ironman from the future) We all know how strong and durable Ironman is. Lets not forget the things and people Spidey has beating in the past. Spidey has beating things that would turn Master Chief to paste. Can't see how Chief going to pull the majority here

#82 Posted by Marshall_Long (2390 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins

#83 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio
@visemoon said:

I'm a big Halo fan and all, But Master Chief is not ready for the Amazing One. People are forgetting the things and people Spidey has beating in the past.

He has the symbiote in that one. He is a lot more powerful with that thing on.

#84 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (417 posts) - - Show Bio

because parker has knowledge on MC and his shields he'll obviously take out his shields first. Spidey can take the stealth route and wait for MC to be flying around in the air. Once he targets him all he has to do is throw a huge rock at MC to take down his shields. after he can string him up and take him to pound town.

#85 Posted by VeganDiet (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

Symbiote did not increase his strength. I can find the scan where it says exactly that.

What's more, I'm pretty sure that was the cloth suit.

#86 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:
@visemoon said:

Symbiote did not increase his strength. I can find the scan where it says exactly that.

I said powerful not stronger.

#87 Posted by VeganDiet (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

@visemoon said:

......It didn't increase any of his attributes. It just made it's own webbing.

And if you didn't mean stronger, then your comment doesn't mitigate the feat in question at all.

And that was his cloth suit anyway.

#88 Edited by Hyperlight (6601 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56: bruh.. you just got cool points.. i couldnt have put that better myself

#89 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

@visemoon said:

And if you didn't mean stronger, then your comment doesn't mitigate the feat in question at all.

It was? Wow. Looks like PIS to me but whatever. Problem is Spidey won't be able to take a crack at Chief anyways with his shields on.

#90 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

@visemoon said:

That is a very high end feat. Iron man 2020 was meant to be an improvement on the classic iron man suit, which was already a Hundred Tonner to begin with.

And again the Symbiote didn't increase any of Spider-Man's attributes. He wasn't more powerful

#91 Posted by Jgames (1691 posts) - - Show Bio

@visemoon said:

@jgames said:

It would seem you Spiderman knowledge is somewhat lacking. The symbiote did not increase Spidey's stats in anyway. Did you see the scan above? That's the Amazing One putting a hurting on Ironman 2020 (Ironman from the future) We all know how strong and durable Ironman is. Lets not forget the things and people Spidey has beating in the past. Spidey has beating things that would turn Master Chief to paste. Can't see how Chief going to pull the majority here

Then shouldn't it be PIS then, since spiderman at most if push to the limit is 25 tonner, but usually he a 10 ton lifter. i don't see how he could had beat Iron man if the symbiote did not increase his strenght.

#92 Posted by XLR87T3 (3032 posts) - - Show Bio

This is asinine, but also confusing in a way. On one side of the argument Master Chief has 15 times the reflexes of normal people. But on the other side of the argument John-117 supposedly has reflexes 100 times greater than a normal person! Ain't nobody got time for that!

#93 Edited by McHotcakes (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Cortana is being seriously overlooked here. Chief might be able to pull out a win with her.

#94 Posted by Visemoon (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

@vegandiet said:

@visemoon said:

It was? Wow. Looks like PIS to me but whatever. Problem is Spidey won't be able to take a crack at Chief anyways with his shields on.

Can't MC shield be whittle away from attacks such as melee and gun/laser fire?

#95 Posted by Spiderman22 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideypresence: wrong Spider-Man is probably stronger if he blood lusted he beat the shit out of firord herald of glaactis

#96 Posted by wearevenom87 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman

#97 Posted by XLR87T3 (3032 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

This is asinine, but also confusing in a way. On one side of the argument Master Chief has 15 times the reflexes of normal people. But on the other side of the argument John-117 supposedly has reflexes 100 times greater than a normal person! Ain't nobody got time for that!

I guess everyone can just, you know, ignore my well thought out post... :(

#98 Posted by Kellerman (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman easily, Master-chief isn't even in his class to begin with.

#99 Edited by VeganDiet (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@xlr87t3 said:

Do you have this stat documented anywhere?

Do you have any feats for Master Chief's reflexes that trump Spidey being able to dodge lightning?

#100 Edited by XLR87T3 (3032 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@xlr87t3 said:

Do you have this stat documented anywhere?

Do you have any feats for Master Chief's reflexes that trump Spidey being able to dodge lightning?

Read through this thread. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/master-chief-vs-raiden-1465496/