• 134 results
#1 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle takes place in New York City

It's a fight to the death.

Masterchief carries a Assault Rifle and has a Jetpack (like the one in the halo 4 trailer). He has Cortana assisting him. He doesn't have any Grenades or any other explosives. Masterchief doesn't have any knowledge about spiderman yet.

Spiderman knows who he is up against and has enough info about the chief (not about cortana).

No Prep time

(note that gameplay mechanics don't count at all and there is no reason to add them in the discussion)

#2 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't MC a 5tonner? With knowledge all Spider-man would have to do is disarm him and web him up as he won't have the physical strength required to break out.

I could be wrong. Is MC stronger than i'm giving him credit for?

#3 Posted by DrRenekton (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan said:

I assume this is blood-lusted and a blood-lusted Spiderman is quite formidable.......

#4 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Isn't MC a 5tonner? With knowledge all Spider-man would have to do is disarm him and web him up as he won't have the physical strength required to break out.

I could be wrong. Is MC stronger than i'm giving him credit for?

To my knowledge Masterchief is strong enough to flip over a Scorpion tank which weighs more than 60 tons. According to other sources the chief is a 80tonner.

#5 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: Can you link me these sources? I'd be interested to check this out for myself.

#6 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrRenekton said:

@AverageMan said:

I assume this is blood-lusted and a blood-lusted Spiderman is quite formidable.......

Obviously anyone can be quite formidable when they are blood-lusted.

#7 Posted by DrRenekton (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan said:

@DrRenekton said:

@AverageMan said:

Obviously anyone can be quite formidable when they are blood-lusted.

Specifically Spiderman, because if he is going for the gold I just don't see Master Chief tagging him.

#8 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@AverageMan: Can you link me these sources? I'd be interested to check this out for myself.

Sure but it isn't very reliable imo http://www.superherodb.com/Master_Chief/10-1110/

People don't know how strong Masterchief really is and it is not always clear but I'd say the closest strength should be 30+tons

#9 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan said:

@Strider92 said:

Sure but it isn't very reliable imo http://www.superherodb.com/Master_Chief/10-1110/

People don't know how strong Masterchief really is and it is not always clear but I'd say the closest strength should be 30+tons

Yeah I don't think that site is very reliable. It has Spider-man listed as a 20tonner but he's only an 11tonner.

#10 Posted by The_Thunderer (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

MC would scare me, but spidey sense ftw imo

#11 Posted by CosmosTyrant (477 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Spider Man has been shown to lift a tank and go h2h with Venom and beat him. I think Spider Man is around 20ton or even more.

MC is a beast without any armor he is around 2ton. Not only that the suit triple's hes strength and make hes reflex 3 time's better the a train human.

John at age 14, killing 4 train Marines in a instant.

I think what gives SP the win is hes S-senses.

#12 Posted by bickabickawow (125 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman but i think it'd be very close.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@CosmosTyrant: I'm pretty sure he was a 10-11tonner before the "Other" when he became a 25tonner and that was then retconned so I thought he was back to his 10-11 ton level.

#14 Posted by BringnIt (3777 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has never beaten Venom in pure H2H. If Master Chief's reflexes are only three times faster than a trained human, he's moving in slow motion to Parker.

#15 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm this could go either way actually. I say Master Cheif at a 30 ton average with 3 times human reflexes, and a Jetpack is a match for Spidey if were counting him at 10-11 tons, 15 times human reflexes and webs. This would be a hell of a good fight!

#16 Posted by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

I give Master Chief this one.

If he can take down three armys, survive a fall from space, and kill 4 trained UNSC at 14 years old.

Then he can take whatever Spiderman is dishing out and hit back harder.

#17 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

If he can take down three armys, survive a fall from space, and kill 4 trained UNSC at 14 years old.

no

#18 Posted by Nefarious (17625 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man wins here.

#19 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Webs will do nothing to Master Chief. His armor has tanked plasma and falls from space.

Spider Man may dodge his bullets, but I doubt he will be able to penetrate Chief's armor to do any major damage. Master Chief has many advantages, including shields, 3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses), major luck, superhuman strength(also on par with Spidey), and weaponry, which should keep Spider Man his distance.

Master Chief wins 6/10

#20 Edited by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses)

Reaction time has nothing to do with spidersense and anyway Spider-man has 40x the reaction speed of a peak human so thats still far beyond MC. MC is no where near on par with Spider-man in terms of speed/reflexes. If MC really is a 2 tonner then he can't break out of webbing either.

#21 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses)

Reaction time has nothing to do with spidersense and anyway Spider-man has 40x the reaction speed of a peak human so thats still far beyond MC. MC is no where near on par with Spider-man in terms of speed/reflexes. If MC really is a 2 tonner then he can't break out of webbing.

40x? Wow that is impressive. However, I fail to see how any of Spider-Man's attacks will harm Master Chief. (especially with those shields)

His Superhuman Strength is the only thing I see damaging the shields and armor that MC has.

#22 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: MC is way more than a 2 tonner i'd put him 20 - 25 at the least. Spiderman has the edge with his agility this is true but i thought he only had 15 times the reaction speed of a normal human. So i believe it goes like this.

Agility = Spidey

Strength = MC

Durability = MC

Intelligence = Spidey

Location = Spidey

But MC also has his jetpack and his Assault Rifle. I see this going either way because Pete's webs will be a huge factor in this fight.

#23 Posted by imbackwimps (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman easy this guy is like a henchman to him

#24 Edited by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

40x? Wow that is impressive.

For once I have the scan to back it up without having to take ages to find it lol!

#25 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Spider-man takes this...but not without a battle.

#26 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: Can you give me a feat that puts MC anywhere near 20 tons?

#27 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@imbackwimps:

False, MC is not a chump at all. He is a 20 - 25 ton bencher average with 3x human reaction speed. He dodges bullets and plasma rounds and tanks them constantly. His durability is WAY above Spidey's. He's also has his assault rifle and his Jetpack with him. This would be a good fight.

#28 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Yeah i take back what i said about 20 - 25 tons haha sorry, he can lift ghost and warthogs though wich put him at 2-3 tons. Sorry for the double post :/

#29 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: Np lol. I thought he was around the 2-5ton level. I was about to go play the Halo games and see if I could find something i'd missed!

#30 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Yeah my mistake haha, with that said i conclude that Spidey takes this 7/10 if he can get past the durability.

#31 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate, spidey is too fast for Mc, but I don't see how Spidey will even hurt MC. Spidey will probably only hurt his hand punching Mcs shield.

#32 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman wins

#33 Posted by CosmosTyrant (477 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: My bad i was talking about Venom 4#. Wend Spider Man and Venom go at it and almost destroy a city block. Venom just go away.

This is not that far apart. The only thing going for SM is hes S-senses.

And wend the Spartans get enhance they get 5x time's that of a human reflexes, the suits farther enhance it by 3x. So in speed they are not far apart.

MC will be able to break SM web. As he able to punch trow a tank.

Here are some feat for MC. It will show you he's speed, some strength and able to doge bullets at point blank. And this is wend he was starting at age 14, and wend he gets the suit for the first time.

#34 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: Spidey gets this pretty easily.

#35 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC (from the last thread we had - MC vs Samus vs Iron Man or something), MC was only a 2-3 tonner.

#36 Posted by XImpossibruX (5030 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455 said:

@XImpossibruX said:

no

Now that's a good solid argument!

#37 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey takes this with minor difficulty.

John-117 is around 390 or so pounds out of the suit. SPARTAN II Augmentation Procedures enable the subject to lift 3 times their bodyweight unassisted. That puts John at being able to lift about 1,200 pounds above his head. Just a little bit beyond peak human levels, so that seems about right. Reflexes are enhanced by a factor of 300%, so the procedures triple John's reaction times.

The MJOLNIR suit further enhances the application of force and lifting strength by a factor of 2. So John in suit can now lift around 2,400 pounds under normal conditions. He is now a legitimate 1.2 tonner, although he can likely lift or strike with more force in combat scenarios. I'll put John at a generous 3 tonner under combat duress. John reflexes are enhanced by a factor of 5 in the suit. That puts him at 15x normal human reaction speed.

So let's compare John to Peter

John (In suit)

Strength: 3 tons (with adrenaline in combat scenarios, 6,000 pounds)

Speed: John's best showing is running briefly at 65 MPH in his armor, and he tore his Achilles tendon doing it. He's stated as slower than Kelly, who is stated to top out at 38.5 MPH in her suit. I put him at 32 MPH normally

Reflexes: 15x normal human capacity

Training: Elite soldier h2h training, familiarity with several different types of weapons

Peter Parker

Strength: 10 tons (20,000 pounds)

Speed: Can keep up with cars on foot, so around 30-40 MPH. He can webswing at varying speeds, generally accepted as 65-70 mph normally

Reflexes: 40x human capacity, with a borderline precognitive awareness mechanism "Spider Sense"

Parker also possesses superhuman balance, flexibility, and coordination, keeping perfect equilibrium in almost any circumstance.

Training: "The Way of the Spider" training, his own unique powerset and abilities make him unpredictable and incredibly hard to hit.

So when you further break it down

Parker is 3.33X stronger than Chief. That's a HUGE strength advantage

About 2.66 times more reflexive and an more coordinated and flexible by an unknown degree. Once again, a sizable advantage in reflexive speed.

On par with John's combat training.

The only problem I see Parker having with John is breaching his armor, but Parker is incredibly innovative and creative in combat scenarios.

I give Parker 7-8/10 fights if he chooses to to toe to toe with John

He wins all of them if he decides to use webbing. I don't think John is strong enough to break his webbing, even with the suit

#38 Posted by imbackwimps (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

@imbackwimps:

False, MC is not a chump at all. He is a 20 - 25 ton bencher average with 3x human reaction speed. He dodges bullets and plasma rounds and tanks them constantly. His durability is WAY above Spidey's. He's also has his assault rifle and his Jetpack with him. This would be a good fight.

Webs fight guys like this everyday nothing new what makes webs beat this guy is his mind
#39 Posted by acer51 (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't play HALO but I can tell you without playing the games Spidy wins.

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (11471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@CosmosTyrant: I'm pretty sure he was a 10-11tonner before the "Other" when he became a 25tonner and that was then retconned so I thought he was back to his 10-11 ton level.

10 tons is Spidey's absolute base. Through enough exertion, or perhaps an adrenaline rush, he can lift more.

#41 Posted by nickzambuto (11471 posts) - - Show Bio

Webs will do nothing to Master Chief. His armor has tanked plasma and falls from space.

Spider Man may dodge his bullets, but I doubt he will be able to penetrate Chief's armor to do any major damage. Master Chief has many advantages, including shields, 3x human reaction time(on par with Spider Senses), major luck, superhuman strength(also on par with Spidey), and weaponry, which should keep Spider Man his distance.

Master Chief wins 6/10

Webs have nothing to do with tanking hits. The webs aren't meant to hurt Master Chief. And Spider-Man would dance around 3x human reaction time. Like, literally.

#42 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@KMART4455 said:

@XImpossibruX said:

no

Thanks boss!

#43 Posted by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Webs have nothing to do with tanking hits. The webs aren't meant to hurt Master Chief. And Spider-Man would dance around 3x human reaction time. Like, literally.

Its times like this I begin to see how big the PIS was of Cap fighting Spider-man during Civil War.

#44 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

I don't think it was PIS, it was clear that they didn't really want to hurt each other....Especially Peter, who looks up to Captain America(in the Marvel Universe, everybody read about Captain America in the history books...it's like trying to fight George Washington...how the hell you gonna do that?)

Did you see any rage-fighting at all? I didn't either, they were fighting clean.

If Cap were to say..go insane...and threaten Mary Jane with horrid death....Spidey would tear Cap apart.

But on-topic: This is not the first time Spidey has handled a guy with an Assault rifle and fancy-space-armor.

@nickzambuto:

...I too... think the webs could do something...

If they can hold this guy's Armor(for a time anyway), why not Masterchiefs?

#45 Posted by Jezer (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

John-117 is around 390 or so pounds out of the suit. SPARTAN II Augmentation Procedures enable the subject to lift 3 times their bodyweight unassisted. That puts John at being able to lift about 1,200 pounds above his head. Just a little bit beyond peak human levels, so that seems about right. Reflexes are enhanced by a factor of 300%, so the procedures triple John's reaction times.

The MJOLNIR suit further enhances the application of force and lifting strength by a factor of 2. So John in suit can now lift around 2,400 pounds under normal conditions. He is now a legitimate 1.2 tonner, although he can likely lift or strike with more force in combat scenarios. I'll put John at a generous 3 tonner under combat duress. John reflexes are enhanced by a factor of 5 in the suit. That puts him at 15x normal human reaction speed.

John (In suit)

Speed: John's best showing is running briefly at 65 MPH in his armor, and he tore his Achilles tendon doing it. He's stated as slower than Kelly, who is stated to top out at 38.5 MPH in her suit. I put him at 32 MPH normally

Training: Elite soldier h2h training, familiarity with several different types of weapons

Peter Parker

Speed: Can keep up with cars on foot, so around 30-40 MPH. He can webswing at varying speeds, generally accepted as 65-70 mph normally

Reflexes: 40x human capacity, with a borderline precognitive awareness mechanism "Spider Sense"

Parker also possesses superhuman balance, flexibility, and coordination, keeping perfect equilibrium in almost any circumstance.

Training: "The Way of the Spider" training, his own unique powerset and abilities make him unpredictable and incredibly hard to hit.

About 2.66 times more reflexive and an more coordinated and flexible by an unknown degree. Once again, a sizable advantage in reflexive speed.

The only problem I see Parker having with John is breaching his armor, but Parker is incredibly innovative and creative in combat scenarios.

He wins all of them if he decides to use webbing. I don't think John is strong enough to break his webbing, even with the suit

This is a good analysis assuming its all true. However, from visiting Master Chief threads, I think I remember that MC is a tactical genius. Trained in not only combat skills, but tactics and strategy.

Is this true? If this is true, how do you think this would come to play in the battle - MC tactical mind/experience vs Parker's innovation?

#46 Posted by SuperPrime1M (200 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jezer: He is indeed a tactical genius. John is a natural born leader, and pretty "lucky" in combat.

That being said, being a tactical genius isn't going to help a whole lot in a one on one fight with someone like Peter, who isn't a slouch in that department either. That, and Peter is twice as reflexive and over 3 times as strong at his absolute base when compared to John. Thats a big physcial disparity to overcome. And it would be extremely difficult to lure Peter into a trap or ambush, given his Spider Sense warns him of impending danger

@SuperPrime1M: The armor does prove a difficulty for Peter. He may not be strong enough to breach the armor, but he's fought far tougher beings than John and came out on top. The point is kind of moot anyway, as John doesn't have the required strength to break Peter's webbing anyways, and Peter could just web John up and take his time trying to find a way to breach John's defenses.

All my prior calculations on John's lifting strength are speculative, based on the HALO wiki data on John and the SPARTAN II augmentations

#48 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@KMART4455 said:

@XImpossibruX said:

no

It requires no argument.. The answer is no.

#49 Posted by Erik (29871 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

John (In suit)

Peter Parker

Seems legit.

#50 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman