#1 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Man

vs

Ice Man

Inspired by the upcoming comic book in AvX: Versus(Not sure if it's out yet...but i don't think it is)

Round 1:

Morals off for Spiderman

Iceman gets an Hour of Prep

Round 2:

Morals off for Ice Man

Spiderman gets an Hour of prep

Round 3:

Morals on for both

Random Encounter

Let it begin

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I'm just not reading the right Iceman comics, but he's never impressed me much. He should win this on paper, though.

#3 Posted by revengeofchucky (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman wins easily.

#4 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt:

I wouldn't even put this fight up if Iceman didn't have Omega Powers now.

#5 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

ice man stomps

#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

ICEMAN LOSES BADLY!!!! Serious this is AvX.... Iceman will get Stomped.

#7 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I a vote, since I'm not overly familiar with Ice Man since I was never really a fan, is he fast enough to freeze Spider-Man? And is Spidey strong enough to break his ice? Like I said I don't know enough about Ice Man.

#8 Posted by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraniteSoldier said:

Before I a vote, since I'm not overly familiar with Ice Man since I was never really a fan, is he fast enough to freeze Spider-Man? And is Spidey strong enough to break his ice? Like I said I don't know enough about Ice Man.

Iceman can freeze things within a fraction of a second through no more than a thought. and He doesn't freeze the target on a macro level; he freezes their molecules themselves.

#9 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman wins all three rounds.

#10 Posted by torzone (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman...

#11 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

ICEMAN LOSES BADLY!!!! Serious this is AvX.... Iceman will get Stomped.

@TheBatman586

said:

Iceman wins all three rounds.

Okay, so...I love your arguement styles, but JUST to spoof up the thread. I, the most honorable OP, will ask you both to give reasoning for your arguements.

#12 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sufferthorn
Iceman can incapacitate/kill Spidey in less than second (for example, freezing the blood in his veins), while Peter has no means of defeating him in any round (one hour of prep isn't enough). Even if Spidey damages Iceman's body in some way, he can always reform.
#13 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586:

Interesting arguement, although it may be countered.., I however, being the honorable OP, am not going to interfere in the opinions of the debators.

I suggest turning your attention to perhaps CadenceV2

#14 Posted by charlieboy (7164 posts) - - Show Bio

i think iceman wins this mainly because spider-man can't really hurt iceman. 

#15 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

without CIS/PIS/WIS Iceman stomps every single time :D

#16 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: Spiderman really shouldn't stand a chance...

#17 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY:

As the Honorable OP, i am glad that you have a strong opinion.

#18 Posted by JediXMan (30903 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman stomps. But due to stupid writers, Peter might win.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Iceman

Round 2: Spider-Man

Round 3: Iceman

#20 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Do we include CIS/WIS/PIS in debates?? If not, then Bendis should be shot and most WWHulk threads should be locked...

#21 Edited by Shawnbaby (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Spidey shouldn't win here...but why's he gotta fight his amazing friend?

This is actually a huge mismatch though.

#22 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY:

As the Honorable OP, i must inform you that claiming CIS, PIS and WIS is often a valid arguement

But it is also a term abused to such a point, that differing opinions flare up and cause arguement.

Hence....we debate them. :D

#23 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman wins all three. Should be easy too.

#24 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman reach round spidy should have no answer for icemans power nor to stop iceman from freezing his insides brutally killing him .

#25 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@HellionVulcan: With prep, I'd believe he does. I imagine he'd create a more powerful version of the thermoreactive gel he used on Equinox (who really needs more "screen" time).

#26 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman wins easily in all rounds. There is simply nothing Spidey can do to put him down, whether Bobby can, in a thought, annihilate Spidey. Bad writing aside, Iceman takes it all.

#27 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperStarKirby:

*Applauds Superstarkirby for starting a debate in his thread*

#28 Posted by JediXMan (30903 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperStarKirby said:

Round 1: Iceman

Round 2: Spider-Man

Round 3: Iceman

No.

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: It's Spider-Man with prep and a lab full of resources. He was able to take down Equinox, a guy whom was stated (on panel) as having all the powers of Iceman and the Human Torch. Now, usually, he shouldn't be able to combat someone like that.

But with a glider and some thermoreactive gel bomb (thingys), he was able to take him down in moments. The foam keeps the hot side cool and the cool side hot. I imagine Spider-Man would be able to take him on with a more powerful version of this gel. Certainly, it wouldn't kill him, but it would be enough to KO him (I imagine), which is enough for a win in this scenario.

#30 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: Iceman has evolved far more than people realize. In comics he's never used to his full potential and because of more popular characters and therefore fall to things like PIS/CIS/WIS. Let's take Spiderman and Iceman for an example...Spiderman is MUCH MUCH more popular than Iceman (especially with his new movie out). If they were to fight in AvX..you better believe that Iceman will be plagued with PIS/CIS/WIS...but, when written correctly, based on his abilities, Spider should NEVER win..

Spiderman destroys Iceman`s body,he will just reform effortless... or as water vapor he will rip all the water out of Spiderman's body, turning him into dust (literally dehydrating him) or he will simply transfer his consciousness into spiderman's water molecules and freezing them at absolute zero, thereby killing him...... to effectively destroy iceman.. spiderman would have to get rid of every moisture on the face of the earth.. which is impossible, for the fact that he's still derived from a human body that needs some sort of moisture.. which bobby controls to the highest extent... bobby simply thinks and every cell within Spiderman being is instantly frozen or ripped out of him, he'd be sucked bone dry (your body is in fact made of 70% water)...bobby kills him with no problem...

#31 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY:

Once again...I am a Neutral party. You do not have to convince ME of anything...

#32 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: That assumes that battle conditions are to kill, which they are not. Morlun killed Spider-Man a while back, and you could argue that he reformed himself (or shed, really, to fully heal). That doesn't mean Morlun did not win.

#33 Posted by jashro44 (22802 posts) - - Show Bio

Current iceman is an omega level mutant right? He should win all 3 effortlessly. I know there was a teaser of the 2 fighting but have they been confirmed to be fighting? If so which issue?

#34 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

The AvX Versus series.

It's confirmed.

#35 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8467 posts) - - Show Bio

Well given what I've read here, it pains me as a Spidey fan to say Ice Man should win all three. If he can freeze the very molecules and blood in Peter's body there's nothing his durability, spider-sense, or even prep would counter. Peter is a genious and could logically prep something to beat Ice Man if he couldn't freeze Peter's insides, but if he can I don't think any amount of prep from anyone would matter. Ice Man gets my vote.

#36 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man eats him like Beast did.

#37 Posted by pinhead24 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman dies faster than a second. Iceman would freeze him to death and spiderman would die.

This is a mismatch as far as im concerned.

#38 Posted by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Spiderman fan, but Ice Man wins 2 of the 3 here.

#39 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

the Iceman cometh in round one and three. Prep in NYC for Spider-Man means a quick swing to the lab, but unless his suits are cryo-proof, bloodlusted Iceman takes all three rounds.