Humantorch makes BBQ spider

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Is it soup yet? Smell that? Smells like someone died.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GL Bertron

Pretty onesided. Spiderman has very little chance of winning if Johnny was being serious. Do you like your hero extra crispy?

Impact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Impact

As much as I would love to say Torch, Spidey has beaten or at least slowed the Juggernaught. I'm also sure that because Spidey is a larger seller, he would win. But really we all know the answer to this or at least what we all want. All insects fry under the right conditions. I'm sure we've all owned a magnifying glass. Good times. Good times.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Spidey could only win if they weren't fighting to kill. HT couldn't hit him without risking killing him so Spiderman would win. Otherwise and in most cases, HT wins hands down. No contest.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GL Bertron

The nice thing about these battles is sales and popularity take a back seat to actual ability.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If they started off close enough, Spiderman could knock HT out with a quick punch since he's faster. (Hate to support Shady but it could happen and I'm trying to be fair.) Human Torch 9/10 though.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GL Bertron

That would also mean HT didn't already have his flames on. otherwise Spidey would melt his arm.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I figured he would start in his default (no fire) state but even if he were on fire I think it would still work. Your arm doesn't catch on fire if you move it out of the flame fast enough, and Spiderman is fast enough. Doesn't matter though, arm on fire or not, he'd still knock HT out.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GL Bertron

True, but it would stll hurt like hell.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Meh. It's the cost of victory.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GL Bertron

Whatever it takes to keep from being completely pwned on I guess.

Dr_Gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dr_Gee

whats with this shady guy..spiderman might be cooler than HT but come on HT would win this fight only if they started out like buckshot said and spiderman was close enough to knock him out then spiderman might have a chance because he is way faster and also HT would have to be serious to win

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, this fight is pretty one-sided.

shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shady

yea but spiderman is faster

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Human Torch is faster, he can go faster than sound.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GL Bertron

His reflexes aren't as good as Spider- man's. In the time it would take for him to react to the punch he would probably be unconcious already.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GL Bertron

His reflexes aren't as good as Spider- man's. In the time it would take for him to react to the punch he would probably be unconcious already.

shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shady

GL Bertron yea wat this guy said

CimmerianDoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CimmerianDoug

Spiderman would have to be on top form. If he somehow made his webing heat/fire resistant (at least for a while) then he would have a chance because his webbing could stop HT for a moment for an attack also Spidey could make a very thick shield to block some firebolts. (Hey its an idea :) )

Post Edited:2007-03-18 22:02:55

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GL Bertron

Torch would win unless, like Buckshot said, Spiderman struck first and knocked him out.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Wait, wait...Spider-man took out Firelord, who is like a supercharged version of the Torch, and you can't imagine him beating Johnny?

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GL Bertron

All out, no holding back, and no story adjustments to compensate for popularity, then no I don't.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Yes, but when has Johnny Storm ever gone "all out, no holding back" on Spider-Man? They're friends. And Johnny doesn't kill his friends.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GL Bertron

If they had reasons like, fight or everyon you love dies. Then what? Don't say they would work together and set them free. Just accept the conditions and go.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

Ebony Bishop says:

"Wait, wait...Spider-man took out Firelord, who is like a supercharged version of the Torch, and you can't imagine him beating Johnny?"

Twice in one night! Here we go again.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GL Bertron

Next on the menu we have an ass whoopin'.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#29  Edited By gmanfromheck

Woot woot!

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GL Bertron

Wasn't that symbiot/ venom spiderman though.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sling Shot

Spidey is an unofficial master of guerilla war tactics using his environment and misdirection to hunt, much like (surprise!) a spider. In the city Spidey could pop up after a Kansas City shuffle and kick Torch's heart through his chest (like he was on the Authority). But in the desert Torch has a large advantage.

None of these battles should be so easily won. A well written character should stand a chance against someone within their power level. Functionally HT has not exhibited a great disparity in power over Spidey, Aside from his nova flame.
Post Edited:2007-04-06 20:36:15

Pyro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pyro.

Human tourch No Duh

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By The WeatherMan

I think Spider-man. His web fluid is, well a fluid. Fluid = liquid and liquid puts out fire. He can web him up, and land a beautiful haymaker, before Johnny can reflame. Johnny isn't super strong, Spider-Man's strength is much bigger.

Captain Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Captain Atom

Spiderman's spider sense is nice and all, and his web fluid is nifty, but one supernova from Human Torch will scorch Spiderman.

Captain Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Captain Atom

G-Man says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"Wait, wait...Spider-man took out Firelord, who is like a supercharged version of the Torch, and you can't imagine him beating Johnny?"
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2127/2127-26071-1-amazing-spider-man-_400.jpg"

That is so PIS. Spiderman can not beat a Herald level person withotu PIS on his side

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Liverwurst

I think Spiderman's webs are flame retardent, so if he were to web up his fists he could safely punch the torch. Plus Johnny's nova flame wears him out and he generally flames off after each burst. Finally Spidey is fast enough to dodge the torch's fireballs.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Apparition

iceman_15 says:

"HUMAN TORCH WOULD WIN...EEVEN IF SPIDEY COULD TOUCH HIM HE WOULD GET BURNT."

spiderman would lose but he wouldn't necessarily get burned by hitting the torch. just like someone said earlier, if he just webbed torch up, he could snuff out the flame and then punch him. but i dont think he would get the chance to do it.

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Liverwurst

what i forgot to mention about johnny's nova flame is that it generally takes a lot of concentration to do so spidey could KO him before he realized the threat and gathered the necessary flame
Post Edited:2007-08-02 19:49:02

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

G-Man says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2127/2127-26071-1-amazing-spider-man-_400.jpg"

I actually have that book, I bought it like 3 days ago to see how crazy it was... Actually... it's not weird, but you can kind of believe it to an extent.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The Mighty Thor

GL Bertron says:

"Wasn't that symbiot/ venom spiderman though."

no if it was symbiote spiderman he would get beat cause firelord is fire and symbiotes are weak against fire and sonics and i say spiderman

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Yeah Spidey might be able to pull it of. He can unload a ton of webbing on Johnny (Spidey's webbing is now unlimited if I'm not mistaken) and punch Johnny's head off.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Eternal Chaos says:

"Yeah Spidey might be able to pull it of. He can unload a ton of webbing on Johnny (Spidey's webbing is now unlimited if I'm not mistaken) and punch Johnny's head off."

your not mistaken and even if johnny trys supernova spider sense would worn spidy and he would get the hell out of there

Reject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Reject

spiderman0409 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Yeah Spidey might be able to pull it of. He can unload a ton of webbing on Johnny (Spidey's webbing is now unlimited if I'm not mistaken) and punch Johnny's head off."
your not mistaken and even if johnny trys supernova spider sense would worn spidy and he would get the hell out of there"

He'd have an awfully long way to go to get away from Torch's supernova. Too far for him to make it.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Reject says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
your not mistaken and even if johnny trys supernova spider sense would worn spidy and he would get the hell out of there"
He'd have an awfully long way to go to get away from Torch's supernova. Too far for him to make it."

well with web swing he is pretty fast and johnny wouldn't go all out nova cause of al the people in the city

Reject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Reject

spiderman0409 says:

"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
He'd have an awfully long way to go to get away from Torch's supernova. Too far for him to make it."
well with web swing he is pretty fast and johnny wouldn't go all out nova cause of al the people in the city"

Then he'd just shoot out a cone of flame that was so wide that Spidey couldn't possibly dodge it and if Spidey tried swinging away, Torch could easily keep up with his flight and target the webbing before he targets Spidey so he can catch him in midair where it would be even less likely he would be able to dodge.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Reject says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
well with web swing he is pretty fast and johnny wouldn't go all out nova cause of al the people in the city"
Then he'd just shoot out a cone of flame that was so wide that Spidey couldn't possibly dodge it and if Spidey tried swinging away, Torch could easily keep up with his flight and target the webbing before he targets Spidey so he can catch him in midair where it would be even less likely he would be able to dodge."

Not saying Pete would win, but in fact, another possibility. Peter can web Johnny's eyes making him unable to see. for a brief period of time and Pete would be able to punch through the fire.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Eternal Chaos says:

"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Then he'd just shoot out a cone of flame that was so wide that Spidey couldn't possibly dodge it and if Spidey tried swinging away, Torch could easily keep up with his flight and target the webbing before he targets Spidey so he can catch him in midair where it would be even less likely he would be able to dodge."
Not saying Pete would win, but in fact, another possibility. Peter can web Johnny's eyes making him unable to see. for a brief period of time and Pete would be able to punch through the fire."

yea like in the secret wars with the venom symbiote he web johnny up and he said that this webbing is even harder to burn off so that mean the more organic webbing the harder it will be for johnny to burn off

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Not saying Pete would win, but in fact, another possibility. Peter can web Johnny's eyes making him unable to see. for a brief period of time and Pete would be able to punch through the fire."

If that happened, why wouldn't Johnny just increase the heat corona around himself until the webbing evaporated? If he did that then Pete would be a fool to try and punch him. At that point Johnny could probably keep it that hot around himself for the rest of the fight, making it virtually impossible for Pete to win.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Eternal Chaos says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Not saying Pete would win, but in fact, another possibility. Peter can web Johnny's eyes making him unable to see. for a brief period of time and Pete would be able to punch through the fire."
yea like in the secret wars with the venom symbiote he web johnny up and he said that this webbing is even harder to burn off so that mean the more organic webbing the harder it will be for johnny to burn off"
I think even May pulled that trick off too."

explain cause idk what your talking about

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Eternal Chaos

spiderman0409 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Reject says:
"spiderman0409 says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
yea like in the secret wars with the venom symbiote he web johnny up and he said that this webbing is even harder to burn off so that mean the more organic webbing the harder it will be for johnny to burn off"

I think even May pulled that trick off too.