Spiderman vs. Deathstroke

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Been done. (even if its not in the Re-Cap thread)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"Been done. (even if its not in the Re-Cap thread)"
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Who wins?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock

I think this should be locked.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gottheit

All the same, I'd say Deathstroke.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Deathstroke he is out of spidermans league.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

I prefer this one to the other one. I would say lock the other, just to make Static's day interesting.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

If one of the other Mods wants to thats fine. But I checked the Re-Cap and quickly looked for the original. I'd say leave it open, at least until the original gets dug up.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gottheit

I think reaction time, they are on-par with each other. I don't know, I think that Deathstroke's weaponry is going to be the deciding factor. Unarmed? Maybe Spidey pulls it out. Unbreakable sword added to the mix? Well...Parker finds it harder to hold water.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

brainiac 1.0 says:

"Deathstroke he is out of spidermans league."

How so? Spiderman is stronger, faster, more agile, and just as durable. Add in his spider sense and I'd say Deathstroke was the one out of his league.

I know this because I've had this debate before and was arguing for Deathstroke. Trust me, he loses this one.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

Deathstroke just needs to fight Spider-man on a closed place and when he sees that he can't beat him grab a granade to blow the place with the two of them inside like he did against batgirl :P
Post Edited:2008-05-12 21:42:06

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ebony Bishop

If Green Arrow can beat Deathstroke, I think Spider-Man should have no problem.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gottheit says:

"I think reaction time, they are on-par with each other. I don't know, I think that Deathstroke's weaponry is going to be the deciding factor. Unarmed? Maybe Spidey pulls it out. Unbreakable sword added to the mix? Well...Parker finds it harder to hold water."

Say for the sake of argument they do have the same reaction time. Spiderman's spidersense easily gives him more reaction time. What good is a sword if you cant hit your opponent? Would Spiderman even need to get close enough for Deathstroke to be able to use his sword? He could just web the sword from a distance. Spiderman's to fast and to strong for Deathstroke to capitalize on the things that make him dangerous.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn

I dont know if Deathstroke wins here. Spider-Man hs the Stregth, Speed and Durability advantage over Deathstroke. Spidey maybe able to stop Deathstroke

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Ebony Bishop says:

"If Green Arrow can beat Deathstroke, I think Spider-Man should have no problem."

whwn did green arow beat deathstroke show me a picture please?

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gottheit

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

"Say for the sake of arguement they have the same reaction time." So far, so good. Ok. "Spidey Sense gives him more reaction time." Then, that isn't what I said at all, is it? Lookit, I think that Deathstroke's ability to respond is on par with Spider-Man's Spidey Sense.

And, I've seen Spidey get caught by slower guys before. I think Wilson would be able to get Spidey into a situation where he couldn't dodge, like maybe putting bystander's lives in danger, or doing something like that. Then, when Spidey is trying to clean up the mess Deathy made, It's Stabbesville, population: Spiderman. Even if Death can't get in reach, he can throw the sword, he can probably jump or climb up to Spidey's location, hell, he does have guns, you know. I genuinely think Deathstroke wins this fight.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nighthunter says:

"Deathstroke just needs to fight Spider-man on a closed place and when he sees that he can't beat him grab a granade to blow the place with the two of them inside like he did against batgirl :P
Post Edited:2008-05-12 21:42:06"

Batgirl easily dodged Slade (if I remeber correctly he never landed a single shot) plus she escaped the warehouse. Again, Spiderman's spidersense would alert him to the grenade in time for him dive out, take cover, or flat out avoid the blast all together.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Deathstroke powers

Deathstroke possesses various enhanced abilities. These include the strength of ten men and heightened speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes. He has the capacity to use up to 90% of his brain making him a combat skills and tactical genius (written at a time when it was conjectured that humans only used 10% of their capacity), making him adept at turning opponents' own abilities against them, stemming from his years in the military and combat with various heroes. Deathstroke also possesses a regenerative factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person. This has also made him effectively immortal, enabling him to recover from what would otherwise be fatal injuries, though recovering from what would be a fatal injury renders him insane and animalistic for a short period.

He is also a highly formidable opponent in physical combat to the point that even Batman can only fight him to a stalemate. Green Arrow #66 claims that an assassin known as Natas taught Deathstroke "almost everything he knows". There has been argument over how good of a martial artist Deathstroke is. While he has defeated multiple opponents in hand-to-hand combat and has even been acknowledged by Cassandra Cain as "toying with me, he is holding back", he is not considered one of the DCU's greatest martial artists despite his impressive record, due to his enhanced capabilities and artificial enhancements providing him with an unfair advantage. Deathstroke is also skilled in the use of many weapons ranging from guns, rifles, and swords, which are usually among his current weapons of choice. His signature weapon is a power staff that fires lethal and non-lethal energy blasts from both ends. The staff can also be used to strike using energy at each end. His body armor is composed of a mesh-woven, kevlar, chainlink mail, capable of stopping small arms fire. Most of the metal he wears and uses are made out of Promethium

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ebony Bishop

brainiac 1.0 says:

"Ebony Bishop says:
"If Green Arrow can beat Deathstroke, I think Spider-Man should have no problem."

whwn did green arow beat deathstroke show me a picture please?"

Man, I need Buckshot and his scans...

I don't have the issue, but it's when Ollie was mayor, right after OYL. He went one-on-one with Slade, because he had been taught by the same teacher.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Deathstroke just needs to fight Spider-man on a closed place and when he sees that he can't beat him grab a granade to blow the place with the two of them inside like he did against batgirl :P
Post Edited:2008-05-12 21:42:06"

Batgirl easily dodged Slade (if I remeber correctly he never landed a single shot) plus she escaped the warehouse. Again, Spiderman's spidersense would alert him to the grenade in time for him dive out, take cover, or flat out avoid the blast all together."

deathstroke seals the chamber :P

ok, I know spider-man wins

just don't want to admit it lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gottheit says:

"Wait, that doesn't make sense."Say for the sake of arguement they have the same reaction time." So far, so good. Ok. "Spidey Sense gives him more reaction time." Then, that isn't what I said at all, is it? Lookit, I think that Deathstroke's ability to respond is on par with Spider-Man's Spidey Sense.And, I've seen Spidey get caught by slower guys before. I think Wilson would be able to get Spidey into a situation where he couldn't dodge, like maybe putting bystander's lives in danger, or doing something like that. Then, when Spidey is trying to clean up the mess Deathy made, It's Stabbesville, population: Spiderman. Even if Death can't get in reach, he can throw the sword, he can probably jump or climb up to Spidey's location, hell, he does have guns, you know. I genuinely think Deathstroke wins this fight."

Spiderman gets tagged by slower opponents cause its plot. Theres no reason why Spiderman, a character with Superhuman Speed, Reflexes, and Reaction time should ever get tagged by characters lower then him. I thought you where ignoring the spidersense and saying they where on par not taking it into consideration. But your saying Deathstroke's reaction time is on par with Spiderman's? Really? Any reason or examples of why you believe this? Guns? You do know Spiderman dodges bullets on a regular basis. In fact I'm willing to go so far as to say he's never been shot. Your severely underestimating Spiderman while over estimating Slade. How can a character with limited superhuman speed, have the same reaction time as a character with Superhuman Speed and the power to sense an attack before it happens? How does that make sense?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

brainiac 1.0 says:

"Deathstroke powersDeathstroke possesses various enhanced abilities. These include the strength of ten men and heightened speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes. He has the capacity to use up to 90% of his brain making him a combat skills and tactical genius (written at a time when it was conjectured that humans only used 10% of their capacity), making him adept at turning opponents' own abilities against them, stemming from his years in the military and combat with various heroes. Deathstroke also possesses a regenerative factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person. This has also made him effectively immortal, enabling him to recover from what would otherwise be fatal injuries, though recovering from what would be a fatal injury renders him insane and animalistic for a short period.He is also a highly formidable opponent in physical combat to the point that even Batman can only fight him to a stalemate. Green Arrow #66 claims that an assassin known as Natas taught Deathstroke "almost everything he knows". There has been argument over how good of a martial artist Deathstroke is. While he has defeated multiple opponents in hand-to-hand combat and has even been acknowledged by Cassandra Cain as "toying with me, he is holding back", he is not considered one of the DCU's greatest martial artists despite his impressive record, due to his enhanced capabilities and artificial enhancements providing him with an unfair advantage. Deathstroke is also skilled in the use of many weapons ranging from guns, rifles, and swords, which are usually among his current weapons of choice. His signature weapon is a power staff that fires lethal and non-lethal energy blasts from both ends. The staff can also be used to strike using energy at each end. His body armor is composed of a mesh-woven, kevlar, chainlink mail, capable of stopping small arms fire. Most of the metal he wears and uses are made out of Promethium"

shakes head We all know what Deathtroke's powers are. Copy an Paste jobs aren't gonna get it done here.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gottheit

Dude, I'm aware that Spider-Man can dodge bullets, I'm merely bringing up that Deathstroke, if he has a perfect oppourtunity to tag Spidey, but can't throw his sword that far, or something, has the ability to pull out a gun, and at that very instant, plug Parker. See, the problem with this battle is, we don't know where it's taking place. Cramped, close quarters? New York City? We need specifics, Mr. Wilson!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock

Gambler says:

"shakes head* We all know what Deathtroke's powers are. Copy an Paste jobs aren't gonna get it done here."

Or maybe he's unaware of the fact that it doesn't explain much if you don't provide an argument with it.

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Ebony Bishop says:

"brainiac 1.0 says:
"Ebony Bishop says:
whwn did green arow beat deathstroke show me a picture please?"
Man, I need Buckshot and his scans... I don't have the issue, but it's when Ollie was mayor, right after OYL. He went one-on-one with Slade, because he had been taught by the same teacher."

You said he did it but you didnot even have pictures to show you have to rely on someone else

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Well, it looks like it's Green Arrow #63, when GA took him down. Regardless, Spiderman can take out heralds of Galactus (Firelord), and demonic entities (D'Spayre, Nightmare) -- I don't think one enhanced assassin is going to be too much for him.

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Post Deleted.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock

brainiac 1.0 says:

"You said he did it but you didnot even have pictures to show you have to rely on someone else"

I don't know if this counts as a win or not, but throughout the fight, Ollie holds his own pretty well. However, I cut to the swordfight. The stuff before it is nothing serious....

Also, I think this was before the fight....

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

Ebony Bishop says:

"Regardless, Spiderman can take out heralds of Galactus (Firelord), and demonic entities (D'Spayre, Nightmare) -- I don't think one enhanced assassin is going to be too much for him."

It doesn't really matter who Spider-Man previous defeated here. And, besides, Spider-Man beating Firelord is bad writing.
Post Edited:2008-05-12 23:04:19

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Static Shock says:

"brainiac 1.0 says:
"You said he did it but you didnot even have pictures to show you have to rely on someone else"
I don't know if this counts as a win or not, but throughout the fight, Ollie holds his own pretty well. However, I cut to the swordfight. The stuff before it is nothing serious.... Also, I think this was before the fight.... "

The funny part is when deathstroke gets arrested.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"I did hear somewhere that Deathstroke allowed himself to be caught. Something about he needed to get inside or something."

He needed to get into prison. (I imagine there are easier ways, but it's Deathstroke and he doesn't half-ass anything.)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I did hear somewhere that Deathstroke allowed himself to be caught. Something about he needed to get inside or something.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

brainiac 1.0 says:

And you have absolutely nothing so I don't see how you have room to talk. It was Green Arrow 62 if you want to look up the whole fight.

Static Shock says:

"I don't know if this counts as a win or not, but throughout the fight, Ollie holds his own pretty well. However, I cut to the swordfight. The stuff before it is nothing serious...."

The part you left out shows how well Ollie had prepared for this fight (in addition to the pit and the guards in your scans). Rigging areas of his office to blow, special weapons from Kord Industries, having elaborate machines set up near his office, and wearing new body armor. On Deathstroke's side it left out some of his gear and showings of durability and speed

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"The part you left out shows how well Ollie had prepared for this fight (in addition to the pit and the guards in your scans). Rigging areas of his office to blow, special weapons from Kord Industries, having elaborate machines set up near his office, and wearing new body armor. On Deathstroke's side it left out some of his gear and showings of durability and speed"

I know. Wanted to save space. And, I just wanted to cut to the chase, you know?

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

(( i go with spiderman))

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kain Echnida

Gambler says:

"brainiac 1.0 says:
"Deathstroke he is out of spidermans league."
How so? Spiderman is stronger, faster, more agile, and just as durable. Add in his spider sense and I'd say Deathstroke was the one out of his league. *I know this because I've had this debate before and was arguing for Deathstroke. Trust me, he loses this one.*"

And here I thought I'd seen it all.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lboy

spider man will kick his butt

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

LOL.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Absolute

Spidey's got this fight 9/10 times. With his spidersense alone, he could fight Deathstroke with is eyes closed. Not to say that this is a curbstomp, but Deathstroke would have to get lucky to beat Spidey.

Ptero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ptero

Its possible for DS to win if he has time to prepare and chooses the battleground, but if its his general loadout on a random street with spider man at the other side of said street, i would go with Spidey anyday.

Meiriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Meiriona

Ptero says:

"Its possible for DS to win if he has time to prepare and chooses the battleground, but if its his general loadout on a random street with spider man at the other side of said street, i would go with Spidey anyday."

Are we taking innocent bystanders into consideration or is the street cleared? There are a lot of factors that could work in Deathstrokes favour.

Meiriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Meiriona

say what?

what are we fighting to, knockout, death, admission of defeat?

either way, it seems odds are in Deathstroke's favour. Endurance plus tactical knowledge, if Deathstroke is armed for a mission, I THINK I'd have to say Spidey is out of his league.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock

Meiriona says:

"say what?what are we fighting to, knockout, death, admission of defeat?either way, it seems odds are in Deathstroke's favour. Endurance plus tactical knowledge, if Deathstroke is armed for a mission, I THINK I'd have to say Spidey is out of his league."

Well, the battle isn't based on prep-time. It's a random encounter.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

Meiriona says:

"Are we taking innocent bystanders into consideration or is the street cleared? There are a lot of factors that could work in Deathstrokes favour."

No, we aren't. There was no specification on innocents, so aren't any...

Meiriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Meiriona

Static Shock says:

"Meiriona says:
"say what?what are we fighting to, knockout, death, admission of defeat?either way, it seems odds are in Deathstroke's favour. Endurance plus tactical knowledge, if Deathstroke is armed for a mission, I THINK I'd have to say Spidey is out of his league."

Well, the battle isn't based on prep-time. It's a random encounter. "

ok, but random with Deathstroke armed or with him just going about his daily life? Cause if he's in costume with sword and the like, versus just a random run in on the street, there's a big difference.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

Meiriona says:

"ok, but random with Deathstroke armed or with him just going about his daily life? Cause if he's in costume with sword and the like, versus just a random run in on the street, there's a big difference."

Of course he's armed. With his initial equipment. It's just a random battle. Meaning that both characters encounter one another, but don't know a thing about one another...

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By castleking

spiderman

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers