#351 Posted by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

:p

Damn it beat me to it lol! Came into the thread with the one purpose of posting that image!!!!!

#352 Posted by laflux (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Dernman said:

Damn it beat me to it lol! Came into the thread with the one purpose of posting that image!!!!!

We have both been bested my fellow Englishman. Let us plan our revenge slowly and carefully.

#353 Posted by Alice_Summers (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

They're to epic for me to choose between too.

#354 Edited by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

We have both been bested my fellow Englishman. Let us plan our revenge slowly and carefully.

That we shall! We shall sit with our Bond-style accents and martini's to come up with a cunning plan to wreak terrible vengeance upon this young scallywag!

#355 Posted by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio
@laflux@Strider92
#356 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins in a nice stomp if he doesn't hold back; if he does indeed hold back and if it's morals on, I see Steve winning 7/10

#357 Posted by Dalwih (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has Cap on this one. Sure Cap is much better when it comes to H2H but Pete isn't that bad himself, not to mention he outclasses Cap in every category. And if Spidey was to go "Maximum Spider" Cap would be toast.

#358 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I want some context.

Please :D

#359 Posted by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio
#360 Posted by TheLeader (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@POHOCOM said:

SPIDER-MAN BEATING FIRELORD WAS ONE OF THE WORST TRAVESTIES IN THE HISTORY OF COMIC BOOK BATTLES. FIRELORD'S BODY TEMPERATURE CAN MELT BULLETS BEFORE THEY TOUCH HIM! SPIDER-MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN SEVERELY BURNED AFTER ONE PUNCH. ALSO, FIRELORD HAS TAKEN PUNCHES FROM THE MIGHTY THOR. REMEMBER, AS A HERALD OF GALACTUS FIRELORD'S BODY WAS CREATED TO SURVIVE THE RIGORS & TRAUMA OF OUTERSPACE, LIGHT SPEED TRAVEL, AND THE CRUSHING GRAVITY OF EVEN BLACKHOLES! EVEN IF SPIDER-MAN COULD TOUCH HIM, HE REALISTICALLY COULD NOT STOP FIRELORD.

AFTER ALL OF THE RESEARCH PUT INTO CREATING THE ORIGINAL OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE VOLUMES, ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT, EVERY NOW & THEN, WRITERS ARE PERMITTED TO COMPLETELY IGNORE THE ABILITIES OF CHARACTERS. AS FOR CAP VS SPIDEY, IVE SEEN THEM FACE OFF AT LEAST 4 TIMES. CAP EASILY BEAT SPIDEY TWICE, THE OTHER 2 ENCOUNTERS WERE BRIEF AND INCONCLUSIVE. I'D PUT MY MONEY ON CAP TO BEAT ALMOST ANY CHARACTER AT OR BELOW THE 10 TON LEVEL OF STRENGTH IN A NO HOLDS BARRED PHYSICAL FIGHT. (AS LONG AS THE OPPONENT IS NOT BULLET PROOF).

Good post, containing facts. I support opinion of Captain.

Let me expand and say that you always have to take into account percentages. Anyone who knows battles knows that there is always a chance for the other to win.

If they fought 10 times, I say Cap would win 6 or 7 times out of ten (Spiderman has stuff in his bag of tricks).

If they were to fight in a one-off, I would put my money on CAP. (punn intended)

#361 Posted by dondave (36562 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man ftw

#362 Posted by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Spider-man stomps

#363 Posted by LastOblivion (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey.

#364 Posted by ScottishWarlord (155 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Yea its been proven Spiderman is 10X more sexy then cap and cap also has a thing for guys in spandex.

#365 Posted by laflux (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Current Spider-man stomps

#366 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, whenever I see people say Cap, I just want to cry.

#367 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cap punched Spider Man wouldn't it hurt his hand? Without his shield Cap can't do anything to Spidey but annoy him by trying to kick and punch him but that wouldn't do a darn thing would it?

#368 Posted by team_wade101 (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey takes this. He's ultimatly faster, stronger, smarter and has his trusty old spider sense to predict all of caps moves and attacks.

#369 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

'

its axtually a stomp now.should this be locked?

#370 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6245 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man beats Captain America decisively. But I hesitate to call stompage.

#371 Posted by Spidermeat101 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins.He is faster and more agile.Also stronger.What is Cap gonna do?Throw his shield at him?.I love Cap,but Spidey's got this.Also,he could sneak up on cap,grab him from behind,and punch the crap out of him.

#372 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6245 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey fans grossly underestimate Steve Rogers when they decry 'stompage!' and, as usual, grossly overestimate Spider-Man.

This thread need not be endlessly bumped just so Spidey fans can endlessly impose their slanted opinions about how this fight is a one sided stompage when bonafide comic book showings prove otherwise.

These are probably casual Spider-Man fans, or comic fans, who know next to nothing about Captain America and what he's capable of. Folks, you cannot base fights and their outcomes solely on power sets. In comic land, skill sets are very nearly as important factors. At times, more so.

Yes, Parker takes a majority (this thread is not about SpOck, nor does it delineate a Horizon Lab tech enhanced Parker), but this is NOT a stomp.

#373 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man

#374 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: What is cap going to do?

#375 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6245 posts) - - Show Bio

@e3zombie said:

@Super_SoldierXII: What is cap going to do?

He destroys the front end of Mack Trucks with a shield strike and knocks helicopters out of the skies with a shield throw. He KO's Wolverine (albeit an exhausted one and albeit from behind) with a shield strike. Captain America has striking power with that shield enough to hurt Parker and eventually score a KO. He's also studied how Parker moves during Civil War, so he's analyzed ways to beat Spider-Man, and has already given Parker two very decent fights. In the one, he even looked the dominant opponent.

Martial skill is never to be underestimated in comic land as it is, unto itself, a very potent 'super power'. As an apparent fan of Deathstroke, I think you'd understand that. Steve Rogers' skill goes a far ways to abridge the significant power differential between him and Parker.

Does it go far enough? I've already provided my answer to that question above. But to reiterate, no I don't think it goes far enough to provide a majority win. But it definitely goes far enough to say with certainty that this is not a 'stomp'.

#376 Edited by laflux (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Spidey fans grossly underestimate Steve Rogers when they decry 'stompage!' and, as usual, grossly overestimate Spider-Man.

This thread need not be endlessly bumped just so Spidey fans can endlessly impose their slanted opinions about how this fight is a one sided stompage when bonafide comic book showings prove otherwise.

These are probably casual Spider-Man fans, or comic fans, who know next to nothing about Captain America and what he's capable of. Folks, you cannot base fights and their outcomes solely on power sets. In comic land, skill sets are very nearly as important factors. At times, more so.

Yes, Parker takes a majority (this thread is not about SpOck, nor does it delineate a Horizon Lab tech enhanced Parker), but this is NOT a stomp.

Just to clarify, I did say Current Spider-Man, who does have Horizon labs tech. Yes the battle was made five years ago, during which Spider-Man may or not have had the Other Powers, but none of his training or his advanced gear.

@e3zombie: @cmyers1980: @Super_SoldierXII:

If we talking about Non-Other Powered Peter with morals on, then Cap can definitely give him a decent fight,and to an certain extent Other-Powered Spider-Man. I'm to tired to give a explanation- but I will. Cap is Enhanced, not Peak Human. It makes a difference. I'd actually say he's probably a 1 tonner IMO. No Peak human can run at 60MPH, jump several stories and fall 300 feet from a plane with minimal damage to his person. Even in Comic-Book land. As for hurting Spider-Man, who says he has to punch him in the abs? When Cap fought Spider-Man in Civil war, he hit him in the Kidney's. Cap has knowledge of Chi and is a martial arts master at least on par with Shang-Chi, Spider-Man former Sifu- so he can even perform tactical blows and nerve strikes. When Cap had a minor altercation with Spider-Man- Peter described him as having rocket in his gloves when he punched him so I don't think its unfeasible that Peter won't feel his standard blows. Furthermore, Cap can absorb the force of his blows with Shield- I think people forget it has Vibranuim it- Duh. And lastly, Peter admires the crap out of Steve. Something which should not be forgotten.

However, and this is more in regards to @Super_SoldierXII: I find it hard to believe that a no-morals Spider-Man vs Cap America would not a be a fairly one sided affair- even without his martial arts training and Horizon Labs gear. Spider-Man has a funny habit of beating people effortlessly once he gets serious that he might struggle against with morals, something that was made embarrassingly clear to Logan recently (I jest- and it seems you are more accepting of that fight than I am). Fights between Angelo, Puma, Kingpin, Scorpion, GG etc back up my claim.

#377 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: You really think he can land a hit with it?

#378 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6245 posts) - - Show Bio

@e3zombie said:

Doesn't matter what I 'think'. He already has.

@laflux:

I find it hard to believe that a no-morals Spider-Man vs Cap America would not a be a fairly one sided affair- even without his martial arts training and Horizon Labs gear. Spider-Man has a funny habit of beating people effortlessly once he gets serious that he might struggle against with morals, something that was made embarrassingly clear to Logan recently (I jest- and it seems you are more accepting of that fight than I am). Fights between Angelo, Puma, Kingpin, Scorpion, GG etc back up my claim.

Right. Here's the kicker; as you mentioned, the fight with Logan was essentially a morals off Spider-Man versus an extremely holding back Logan. That's why I'm more accepting. A morals off maliciously minded Spider-Man should kick the crap out of a "holding back" Wolverine. Should he have KO'd him thusly? Open for debate. But I can still live with it. Especially considering Logan showed SpOck that he can get his mitts on him just fine ... not only that, were Wolverine of a similar mind-set, meaning not holding back, SpOck would be six feet under.

Now, why did I bother getting into all that here? Because I believe similar holds true with Captain America (though the odds of him winning are admittedly significantly less so than Wolverine). You state a morals off Spider-Man would clean CA's clock. Fine. Let's dump Steve's boyscout morality for a few rounds as well then. Personally, I believe Captain America would be a complete monster morals off - gunning for fatal nerve strikes with his shield (etc. etc. etc.)

In fact, as pitting CA against a morals off Spider-Man is unfair to the extreme, let's role reverse; I'll daresay a moral's off Captain America could win against morals on Parker! Two can play at that game. So there.

#379 Edited by laflux (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@e3zombie said:

Doesn't matter what I 'think'. He already has.

@laflux:

I find it hard to believe that a no-morals Spider-Man vs Cap America would not a be a fairly one sided affair- even without his martial arts training and Horizon Labs gear. Spider-Man has a funny habit of beating people effortlessly once he gets serious that he might struggle against with morals, something that was made embarrassingly clear to Logan recently (I jest- and it seems you are more accepting of that fight than I am). Fights between Angelo, Puma, Kingpin, Scorpion, GG etc back up my claim.

In fact, as pitting CA against a morals off Spider-Man is unfair to the extreme, let's role reverse; I'll daresay a moral's off Captain America could win against morals on Parker! Two can play at that game. So there.

Why not? He's K.O'ed a member of the Wrecking Crew, Warpath and Logan when he got mad that North-star was killed (though Logan was fatigued). But in all honesty, I haven't seen a Morals off Cap used in a battle thread in ages. Alot of people on the other hand seem to have a affinity for using Morals off Spider-Man, and speaking from experience as a Spider-Man fan, maybe to boast of his high end feats and his "supposed" superiority over other streets.

#380 Posted by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man stomps.

Cap is the much better character though.

#381 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6245 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Spider-Man stomps.

Cap is the much better character though.

He wins a majority yes, but he doesn't stomp. What, in their showings, tells you that Spidey (minus Horizon Labs tech) would stomp? I can cut to the chase ... there is absolutely nothing to suggest such.

#382 Posted by ZachContos (4 posts) - - Show Bio

people who are saying cap would win, because he is the ultimate combatant is crap, spider mas is way to fast cap wouldnt touch him, he is way stronger his punches would desamate him and dont forget his webs and agility , he would have cap webbed up and uncouncious 20 seconds after the fight started

#383 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

people who are saying cap would win, because he is the ultimate combatant is crap, spider mas is way to fast cap wouldnt touch him, he is way stronger his punches would desamate him and dont forget his webs and agility , he would have cap webbed up and uncouncious 20 seconds after the fight started

Except Captain America has already been shown and proven to be able to hit Spiderman, in Civil War for one instance. Not saying Cap wins the majorty, because he wouldn't, but to completely write him off is a bit silly.

#384 Edited by WALLCRAWLER (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman will win because if punched cap as hard as he could he would probably die but I could be wrong

#385 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pretty rough fight, but the Spidey fanboy in me's gotta say Parker. He takes the majority, though it's slim and highly debatable. Even though Spiderman outclasses CA in every physical way, CA has experience and skill on his side. He also has a 'never say die' attitude that Spiderman's not used to dealing with. On the other hand Spiderman could just snag Cap with a web and start slinging him around slamming him into stuff.... that would end the fight real early, but Spiderman isn't usually that brutal and he definitely wouldn't be against CA. I'm also rolling with Parker because he has the most experience with the powers and has developed his own style of martial arts out of it. Against CA I think that's going to be a factor, vs. say Spidey-Ock just trying to brute force it because, "Hey i'm stronger." The biggest thing holding Spiderman back is his respect for Captain America, so Spidey's pulling his punches. Again, rough fight for a host of reasons but I give Parker the majority 6/10.

#386 Posted by nut34 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman has the power to beat cap, but he is just a teenager, and cap has two lives of experience, so as we can see in civil war, cap could beat spiderman thanks to his ability (if he don't have stark's armor)

#387 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (589 posts) - - Show Bio

cap takes this I love Spiderman but caps skill and power is far greater. Spiderman is young a foolish cap is a well trained veteran and symbol. Spiderman's going down

#388 Posted by XiiX (8036 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman.

#390 Edited by wanonalake (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Is that from an actual comic?

#391 Edited by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@Dernman said:

Yes but the picture is misleading without context.

#392 Posted by wanonalake (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@wanonalake said:

@strider92 said:

@Dernman said:

Yes but the picture is misleading without context.

Could you give me the name of the comics please?

#393 Posted by Dernman (14961 posts) - - Show Bio

@wanonalake: Sorry I can't remember which issue it was in. It was very early in the time Doc Ock switched minds with Peter.

#394 Posted by wanonalake (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: ok, i'll have to find it then

#395 Edited by 106me (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirnicktheepic: Have you touched any illegal substances in the past few days? If so, then your comment and grammar are forgivable.

But back to the point, IMO, spider man beats cap 7/10 times, morales on.

#396 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9040 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the Hero envy will set in and allow Cap to win? Well, probably not......

#397 Posted by Wolverine08 (41123 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey.

#398 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man

#399 Posted by God_Spawn (37710 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey.

Moderator Online
#400 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

If Spiderman was holding back and Cap wasn't, Cap would possibly win. If they both weren't holding back, Spidey would DEFINITELY win.