Alpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Alpha1

Uchiha NeVann says:

"spidey if he let loose he'd take Cap no prob. Symbiote spidey would just murder him......"

true... but Spider-man would never let loose on Cap, plus Cap knows were to his someone to stop them from fighting back, so in the end Cap takes it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gyle says:

"One of the comics I read,he once said that he is able to dodgebullets and lasers,even though I have never seen him do it."

Captain America routinely dodges lasers and bullets.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Eternal Chaos

...This is still up? Spider-Man takes this, easilly.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By POHOCOM

Eternal Chaos says:

"...This is still up? Spider-Man takes this, easilly."

Unless your name is Thanos or Korvac, NO ONE takes Captain America easily. Spidey found that out more than once.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Unbelonger

POHOCOM says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
Unless your name is Thanos or Korvac, NO ONE takes Captain America easily. Spidey found that out more than once."

How many times does it has to be said that jobbing episodes do not count in this battle forums?

zzzzzzzzzz

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Unbelonger says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Unless your name is Thanos or Korvac, NO ONE takes Captain America easily. Spidey found that out more than once."
How many times does it has to be said that jobbing episodes do not count in this battle forums? zzzzzzzzzz"

And you don't have to be cosmic level to beat Cap.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Eternal Chaos

POHOCOM says:

"Eternal Chaos says:

Spider-Man does. One punch.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#158  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

POHOCOM says:

"Unless your name is Thanos or Korvac, NO ONE takes Captain America easily. Spidey found that out more than once."

It's been 26 days and I still have yet to see a response to what I asked.

Buckshot says:

"Then there's webbing. Just for fun, what would Cap do if Spider-Man webbed the entire floor of where ever they were fighting?"

I even brought up that you hadn't answered it a few more times after that and still didn't get a response. Maybe I missed it. If I did, please point me to it. It's only one of many things Spider-Man can do. How does Cap deal with it?

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By POHOCOM

Vance Astro says:

"Unbelonger says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
How many times does it has to be said that jobbing episodes do not count in this battle forums? zzzzzzzzzz"

And you don't have to be cosmic level to beat Cap."

I don't remember anyone saying that.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By POHOCOM

Buckshot says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Unless your name is Thanos or Korvac, NO ONE takes Captain America easily. Spidey found that out more than once."

It's been 26 days and I still have yet to see a response to what I asked.

Buckshot says:

"Then there's webbing. Just for fun, what would Cap do if Spider-Man webbed the entire floor of where ever they were fighting?"

I even brought up that you hadn't answered it a few more times after that and still didn't get a response. Maybe I missed it. If I did, please point me to it. It's only one of many things Spider-Man can do. How does Cap deal with it? "

I don't remember being asked that, but I did answer that question (in a sense) in another post weeks ago. I repeatedly stated, that fans approach these battles from one of two perspectives. The first: What would happen in the "real world" if the two fought. The second: What would likely be the outcome based on how the characters own creators (and most comic writers) would see the fight. I've always said that in the "real world" Spider-Man would beat Captain America. However, I tend to judge battles based on what would likely happen in a comic all out fight, because the fight can only happen in a comic. Also, certain characters like Captain America, Karate Kid, and other human level characters would lose much of their actual abilities in the real world. Karate Kid would lose about 75% of the abilities he has regularly displayed in comics. Captain America would not be able to even ricochet his shield in the real world! Human level fighters are always at a disadvantage in these unfair "real world senarios". So, in the pages of comics Cap wins most of the time. In the "real world" Spider-Man crushes Cap easily every time.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#161  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

POHOCOM says:

"I don't remember being asked that, but I did answer that question (in a sense) in another post weeks ago. I repeatedly stated, that fans approach these battles from one of two perspectives. The first: What would happen in the "real world" if the two fought. The second: What would likely be the outcome based on how the characters own creators (and most comic writers) would see the fight. I've always said that in the "real world" Spider-Man would beat Captain America. However, I tend to judge battles based on what would likely happen in a comic all out fight, because the fight can only happen in a comic. Also, certain characters like Captain America, Karate Kid, and other human level characters would lose much of their actual abilities in the real world. Karate Kid would lose about 75% of the abilities he has regularly displayed in comics. Captain America would not be able to even ricochet his shield in the real world! Human level fighters are always at a disadvantage in these unfair "real world senarios". So, in the pages of comics Cap wins most of the time. In the "real world" Spider-Man crushes Cap easily every time. "

Buckshot says:

Buckshot says:

"Also, did you forget what I said about webbing?"

Buckshot says:

"Then you completely ignored (twice now) my comments about alternate forms of attack, like webbing. "

Check page 5. I mentioned it 3 times and you responded after one post and quoted a second. Did you just not read everything you responded to?

And as for the rest of your post, it was said in this thread (and others) several times that in the Battle Forum we don't treat the fights like they'd happen in comics. We treat them how they'd be in "reality", not in terms of real world physics, but if writers weren't making certain characters win for their book or because they're more popular or because they're good guys. You continued saying Cap would win though when that just is not true.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Unbelonger

POHOCOM says:

"Buckshot says:
"POHOCOM says:
It's been 26 days and I still have yet to see a response to what I asked. Buckshot says:
I even brought up that you hadn't answered it a few more times after that and still didn't get a response. Maybe I missed it. If I did, please point me to it. It's only one of many things Spider-Man can do. How does Cap deal with it? "
I don't remember being asked that, but I did answer that question (in a sense) in another post weeks ago. I repeatedly stated, that fans approach these battles from one of two perspectives. The first: What would happen in the "real world" if the two fought. The second: What would likely be the outcome based on how the characters own creators (and most comic writers) would see the fight. I've always said that in the "real world" Spider-Man would beat Captain America. However, I tend to judge battles based on what would likely happen in a comic all out fight, because the fight can only happen in a comic. Also, certain characters like Captain America, Karate Kid, and other human level characters would lose much of their actual abilities in the real world. Karate Kid would lose about 75% of the abilities he has regularly displayed in comics. Captain America would not be able to even ricochet his shield in the real world! Human level fighters are always at a disadvantage in these unfair "real world senarios". So, in the pages of comics Cap wins most of the time. In the "real world" Spider-Man crushes Cap easily every time. "

That is why the are human level characters. You're basically saying thta every battle made in comics has been right, that the outcomes hde been fair, if so, Spiderman beat Firelord, Cap hasn't and i hope he won't, so Spiderman wins.

zzzzzzzzzz

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet Buckshot could make everyone think he's right even when he's wrong...He's always turning someone's post into a ridiculed pile of poo. LoL.

And Spider-Man wins...not that it hasn't been defined.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By POHOCOM

Unbelonger says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Buckshot says:
"POHOCOM says:
It's been 26 days and I still have yet to see a response to what I asked. Buckshot says:
I don't remember being asked that, but I did answer that question (in a sense) in another post weeks ago. I repeatedly stated, that fans approach these battles from one of two perspectives. The first: What would happen in the "real world" if the two fought. The second: What would likely be the outcome based on how the characters own creators (and most comic writers) would see the fight. I've always said that in the "real world" Spider-Man would beat Captain America. However, I tend to judge battles based on what would likely happen in a comic all out fight, because the fight can only happen in a comic. Also, certain characters like Captain America, Karate Kid, and other human level characters would lose much of their actual abilities in the real world. Karate Kid would lose about 75% of the abilities he has regularly displayed in comics. Captain America would not be able to even ricochet his shield in the real world! Human level fighters are always at a disadvantage in these unfair "real world senarios". So, in the pages of comics Cap wins most of the time. In the "real world" Spider-Man crushes Cap easily every time. "

That is why the are human level characters. You're basically saying thta every battle made in comics has been right, that the outcomes hde been fair, if so, Spiderman beat Firelord, Cap hasn't and i hope he won't, so Spiderman wins.

zzzzzzzzzz"

You're hearing things that were never said. There's medicine for that.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#165  Edited By EganTheVile1

Happened

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166  Edited By Static Shock

eganthevile1 says:

"Happened
" />http://anyeventuality.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/1988-05-spectacularspider-man138-sal-buscema.jpg"

Did you read this issue? Be honest. Don't just go by the cover. And, even if those two did lay a finger on Spidey, it was because the writer made it that way. They weren't suppose to. Realistically, they would have gotten owned.
Post Edited:2008-03-09 23:43:13

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Even if it did happen...that is the cover of an old comics.Spider-man has gotten alot more skilled and gained new powers since then.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By EganTheVile1

Static Shock says:

"eganthevile1 says:
"Happened
Did" />http://anyeventuality.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/1988-05-spectacularspider-man138-sal-buscema.jpg"
Did you read this issue? Be honest. Don't just go by the cover. And, even if those two did lay a finger on Spidey, it was because the writer made it that way. They weren't suppose to. Realistically, they would have gotten owned.
Post Edited:2008-03-09 23:43:13" I'll be honest I havent read it in over 15 years, and dont remember anything about it, this thread jogged my memory to the cover though, so anyone who has read it more recently should fill in the gaps.
Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Queen Kong

Vance Astro says:

"Even if it did happen...that is the cover of an old comics.Spider-man has gotten alot more skilled and gained new powers since then."

Yea but I think the difference is..Spider-man is still the same guy morally.Just like Iron Man,he's not going to fight Cap as hard as he can because he knows he would hurt him badly.Do you remember how easily he tangled Wolverine up.That's because he doesn't have the same resepct for Wolverine.Cap capitalizes on people respecting him.He did it with Tony,He did it with the Punisher too.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By EganTheVile1

Vance Astro says:

"Even if it did happen...that is the cover of an old comics.Spider-man has gotten alot more skilled and gained new powers since then."
ummm, what new powers? He's had all the same ones from amazing fantasy 15 on, maybe the occasional mutation or gadget or armor that lasted a couple issues but no changes in his permanent base of powers
EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By EganTheVile1

Queen Kong says:

"Vance Astro says:
Yea but I think the difference is..Spider-man is still the same guy morally.Just like Iron Man,he's not going to fight Cap as hard as he can because he knows he would hurt him badly.Do you remember how easily he tangled Wolverine up.That's because he doesn't have the same resepct for Wolverine.Cap capitalizes on people respecting him.He did it with Tony,He did it with the Punisher too."
if were talking Bucky here, Spider-Man wins, Steve is a far more interesting fight
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

eganthevile1 says:

"Vance Astro says:
ummm, what new powers? He's had all the same ones from amazing fantasy 15 on, maybe the occasional mutation or gadget or armor that lasted a couple issues but no changes in his permanent base of powers "

So you mean Spider-man doesn't have organic webbing and class 10 strength anymore?

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

eganthevile1 says:

"Vance Astro says:
ummm, what new powers? He's had all the same ones from amazing fantasy 15 on, maybe the occasional mutation or gadget or armor that lasted a couple issues but no changes in his permanent base of powers"

If we're talking about Back In Black Spider-Man here, then he got a strength boost, enhanced senses, organic webbing and a few other tweaks. If this is Brand New Day Spider-Man, he's back at his base level.

He beats Cap regardless.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Queen Kong

eganthevile1 says:

"Queen Kong says:
"Vance Astro says:
Yea but I think the difference is..Spider-man is still the same guy morally.Just like Iron Man,he's not going to fight Cap as hard as he can because he knows he would hurt him badly.Do you remember how easily he tangled Wolverine up.That's because he doesn't have the same resepct for Wolverine.Cap capitalizes on people respecting him.He did it with Tony,He did it with the Punisher too."
if were talking Bucky here, Spider-Man wins, Steve is a far more interesting fight"

No were talking about Steve.People Keep taking Bucky lightly though.Now that he knows how to use the Shield I think he might be a better Cap then Steve.And with that said I think Spidey would be less likely to fight his hardest against Bucky because of the respect he had for the original Cap.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

eganthevile1 says:

"Vance Astro says:
"eganthevile1 says:
"Vance Astro says:
ummm, what new powers? He's had all the same ones from amazing fantasy 15 on, maybe the occasional mutation or gadget or armor that lasted a couple issues but no changes in his permanent base of powers "
So you mean Spider-man doesn't have organic webbing and class 10 strength anymore?"
uggg, they seriously changed his powers, I stop reading 616 Spider-Man for awhile and suddenly am glad I did, hate when they change a characters powers ASPIDER-MAN PERFECT AS HE ORIGINALLY WAS! Plus running out of web-fluid or damaged web-shooters made for interesting situations. LoL, I feel real old all of the sudden. "

Yea well there's no more web shooters.And his webbing is super strong.He tangle alot up in it and hold alot of stuff down.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By EganTheVile1

Vance Astro says:

"eganthevile1 says:
"Vance Astro says:
So you mean Spider-man doesn't have organic webbing and class 10 strength anymore?"
uggg, they seriously changed his powers, I stop reading 616 Spider-Man for awhile and suddenly am glad I did, hate when they change a characters powers SPIDER-MAN PERFECT AS HE ORIGINALLY WAS! Plus running out of web-fluid or damaged web-shooters made for interesting situations. LoL, I feel real old all of the sudden.
Post Edited:2008-03-10 00:04:54
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By POHOCOM

Static Shock says:

"eganthevile1 says:
"Happened
" />http://anyeventuality.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/1988-05-spectacularspider-man138-sal-buscema.jpg"

Post Edited:2008-03-09 23:43:13"

I agree 100%. Thats why I make a distinction between what would happen in the "real world" versus what is "realistic" in the comic world, when I assess comic battles. In the "real world" Spidey would always stomp Cap, Hulk would always lose to Thor, and Dr Doom would have killed the FF in all of their encounters. In the comic world however, powers and abilities MUST translate differently. It has nothing to do with writer bias because it is consistent no matter what comic the battle takes place in. In the comics Thor rarely beats the Hulk, Cap beats Spidey, and Doom & the FF usually stalemate.

That's why many pick Cap to beat Spidey. It is the consensus will & opinion of the majority of writers and, even the character's own creators, that certain characters be superior or equal to other characters. We can reasonably cry "bad writing" in the case of Spidey beating Firelord because it was only done once by an insane writer in the pages of Spidey's own comic. We can't say that in the case of Spidey & Cap because they have met many times over the decades, in several different titles, and the outcomes are similar no matter who writes the story. Cap usually wins in the comic world.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#178  Edited By Static Shock

POHOCOM says:

"I agree 100%. Thats why I make a distinction between what would happen in the "real world" versus what is "realistic" in the comic world, when I assess comic battles. In the "real world" Spidey would always stomp Cap, Hulk would always lose to Thor, and Dr Doom would have killed the FF in all of their encounters. In the comic world however, powers and abilities MUST translate differently. It has nothing to do with writer bias because it is consistent no matter what comic the battle takes place in. In the comics Thor rarely beats the Hulk, Cap beats Spidey, and Doom & the FF usually stalemate.That's why many pick Cap to beat Spidey. It is the consensus will & opinion of the majority of writers and, even the character's own creators, that certain characters be superior or equal to other characters. We can reasonably cry "bad writing" in the case of Spidey beating Firelord because it was only done once by an insane writer in the pages of Spidey's own comic. We can't say that in the case of Spidey & Cap because they have met many times over the decades, in several different titles, and the outcomes are similar no matter who writes the story. Cap usually wins in the comic world."

Glares

Yeah, well... Whatever floats your boat.

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Apile-Li

Gyle says:

"Apile-Li says:
"The Magnificent says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Alexander Anderson says:
"POHOCOM says:
"POHOCOM says:
"If Peter goes all out, he will kill Captain America in 10 seconds tops. That's the bottom line."
Could be. It's just hard sometimes to go against 40 years of consistent comic writing. Most fights would end in 10 seconds "realistically" if any given character "went all out". I guess the true debate is what perspective you are coming from. 1. What is realistic in terms of how the vast majority of writers would portray the fight, in a comic, with both characters going all out. Or 2. How the fight would go down in the "real world". Since, the fight can only happen in a comic, I see why some people analyze the fight from the first perspective. Cap would probably win in that case. In the "real world" Spider-Man would crush Cap. "
In a comic, the fight would be fairly even, because a.) Cap always gets boosted by writing, and b.) Peter *always* holds back. Also, since they're allies in normal circumstances, neither would be actually trying to seriously injure the other (barring brain-washing or some other plot device). But if all the restrictions are taken off, Peter would absolutely *mutilate* Cap."
I agree to a certain extent. Once you say "if all the restrictions are taken off" that's what I call the "real world". And you're right. Spidey owns Cap every time in that case. But in the pages of a comic, some restrictions are impossible to remove without completely ruining 40 years of continuity and history of a character. "The boost" that Cap gets in the comics can't be taken off because it's a part of the character. Without it, you have a different character all together. Think of Karate Kid with those same "restrictions". Would we even recognize him in a fight? He's supposed to be a human. So "the boost" that he gets, is also part of his character. That's why I usually approach these debates from one perspective, or the other. Do U get me. I hope this doesn't sound confusing. "
Oh I understand completely. Captain America is a hard character to qualify, because he's *always* given that little boost. Based on his powers alone he loses quite a few fights, but there's that undefinable "Cap Factor" to take into account as well. This issue comes up again and again in Cap fights (I remember discussing it with Gambler in one of the Cap vs. US Agent threads), and I don't think it will ever be truly resolved. Cap just isn't as easy to translate into 'real world' conditions as other characters are. "
Just for the record, Batman, Karate Kid, Daredevil, and Midnighter also are always given big boosts in the comics, and consequently, they all are far less formidable in 'real world' conditions."
Oh yes I definately agree with you on the Batman part,he is given big boosts from writers.Now I understand what Apile-li was trying to say.Take for example Batman vs Spider-Man in Wizard Entertianment,Batman took Spiderman down with a nerve punch.Can you believe it? Come on guys you've got to give Spidey more credit than that.In Marvel Knights featuring Daredevil,Spidey and DD faced a group of thugs and one of them managed to sneak behind Spidey (don't know how) and hit Spiderman with a pistol on his head. Now for most people I'm sure you've seen in movies when someone cracks a gun on your skull you usually faint.But for Spidey he just brushed it off and even said "Hey didn't your momma tell you it's rude to sneak behind people"? Get my point guys? Spiderman brushes off a shot on the skull and now all of a sudden he looses to Batman from a nerve punch? And did I forget to mention Batman won that battle without a scratch,sure possibly Batman could beat Spiderman if he used his weapons but in body combat he would loose.Wizard Entertianment has horrible writing..."
Thanks Magnificent at least you have a sense in this in terms of me saying Marvel writers would give victory to either Spiderman or Captian America.Anyway yes Batman was given a boost in that comic but he is not the only comic character who is given big boosts.Captian America at times is also given big boosts,like the fact that he was supporting a falling half destroyed building.Spiderman at times is also given big boosts but this is in the movie version of Spider-Man 2. If you watched Spider-Man 2,notice in the end of the film where he stops a train.I don't think a mutant strong as 47men as Marvel states and can lift 12-25tons can stop a train,thats supposed to be Superman's job.Anyway like I said comic heroes are at times given big boost as Batman,Captian America and Spiderman are given.SOMETIMES "
Your right,if Spiderman is strong as 47 men put together then surley that won't be enough to stop a train. Batman using a nerve punch to take out Spider-Man? That's little bit of obsurd and Captian America supporting a building? Wow. Cap's strength was to bench 800 pounds but now his strength is increased and he has been known to support 3 tons now.He also has the strength of 10 men,so that puts him in a higher possition than being strong as a human can be-like Mark Henry and Arnold Swartznegger. One of the comics I read,he once said that he is able to dodge bullets and lasers,even though I have never seen him do it."

Are you seroius? Captian America can support 3tons and dodge bullets?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Sync

well i seemed to have missed all the fun. So i will ask this, Are we assuming this the spiderman from after civil war?

And the same could be applied to captian america.

I see spider barely losing the fight. The only reason Captian amercia can hang in there with spider man is beacause peter parker is not a tactial thinker YET! He tried to be something he was not, and did not have much exp in doing. This is what gave steve rogers the openings agianst sipdey.

I do not see captain a, having anything close to spidey's dex or agility, but than again there are lame writres who will try to convince you. With that being said the only way captain america agains beats spiderman is that he can guess what spidey does, and prepare, thanks to years of fighting exp he has.

ooc: someone ask about spidey webbing the whole floor, or something like that, that would stop steve, if it can stop ironman and the hulk it will stop steve.

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Apile-Li

Captian America is probably the only Marvel hero besides Quick

silver and Deadpool who can land shots on Spidey.If he can now

support 3 tons and dodge bullets/lasers then he would be able to touch Spidey,but he wouldn't beat him.Spiderman can now support 25 tons and I'm sure writers have increased his speed so Cap would still loose,he would put up a fight though better

than Batman.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By POHOCOM

Apile-Li says:

"Captian America is probably the only Marvel hero besides Quicksilver and Deadpool who can land shots on Spidey.If he can nowsupport 3 tons and dodge bullets/lasers then he would be able to touch Spidey,but he wouldn't beat him.Spiderman can now support 25 tons and I'm sure writers have increased his speed so Cap would still loose,he would put up a fight though betterthan Batman."

Other than a brief time in the 70's, I'm not aware of Cap ever having super-strength. And no human level character could stand against Spider-Man if he's capable of lifting 25 tons.

There are limits that even comic writers generally won't go beyond.

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Apile-Li

POHOCOM says:

"Apile-Li says:
"Captian America is probably the only Marvel hero besides Quick silver and Deadpool who can land shots on Spidey.If he can now support 3 tons and dodge bullets/lasers then he would be able to touch Spidey,but he wouldn't beat him.Spiderman can now support 25 tons and I'm sure writers have increased his speed so Cap would still loose,he would put up a fight though better than Batman."
Other than a brief time in the 70's, I'm not aware of Cap ever having super-strength. And no human level character could stand against Spider-Man if he's capable of lifting 25 tons. There are limits that even comic writers generally won't go beyond. "

It goes without saying,both Spidey and Cap's strength are at times taken to the extreme but thats not the point.The point is Spidey would beat Cap,not easily as he would beat Batman,

but he would still beat Cap.Marvel states (the last time I checked he is strong 47 men) and Cap's strength has also increased....he is strong as 10 men now.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Queen Kong

Apile-Li says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Apile-Li says:
"Captian America is probably the only Marvel hero besides Quick silver and Deadpool who can land shots on Spidey.If he can now support 3 tons and dodge bullets/lasers then he would be able to touch Spidey,but he wouldn't beat him.Spiderman can now support 25 tons and I'm sure writers have increased his speed so Cap would still loose,he would put up a fight though better than Batman."
Other than a brief time in the 70's, I'm not aware of Cap ever having super-strength. And no human level character could stand against Spider-Man if he's capable of lifting 25 tons. There are limits that even comic writers generally won't go beyond. "

It goes without saying,both Spidey and Cap's strength are at times taken to the extreme but thats not the point.The point is Spidey would beat Cap,not easily as he would beat Batman,

but he would still beat Cap.Marvel states (the last time I checked he is strong 47 men) and Cap's strength has also increased....he is strong as 10 men now."

Since when did Marvel use men to classify strength?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cap is NOT as strong as ten men. He can lift twice his own body weight.

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Apile-Li

Queen Kong says:

"Apile-Li says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Apile-Li says:
It goes without saying,both Spidey and Cap's strength are at times taken to the extreme but thats not the point.The point is Spidey would beat Cap,not easily as he would beat Batman, but he would still beat Cap.Marvel states (the last time I checked he is strong 47 men) and Cap's strength has also increased....he is strong as 10 men now."
Since when did Marvel use men to classify strength? "

I have no idea,I just posted what I saw in the Marvel site.

Maybe Stan Lee can clarify

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Queen Kong

Apile-Li says:

"Queen Kong says:
"Apile-Li says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Apile-Li says:
It goes without saying,both Spidey and Cap's strength are at times taken to the extreme but thats not the point.The point is Spidey would beat Cap,not easily as he would beat Batman, but he would still beat Cap.Marvel states (the last time I checked he is strong 47 men) and Cap's strength has also increased....he is strong as 10 men now."

I have no idea,I just posted what I saw in the Marvel site.

Maybe Stan Lee can clarify"

Your kidding me right?

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Queen Kong

Gambler says:

"Cap is **NOT** as strong as ten men. He can lift twice his own body weight. "

I knew it.

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Apile-Li

Queen Kong says:

"Apile-Li says:
"Queen Kong says:
"Apile-Li says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Apile-Li says:
I have no idea,I just posted what I saw in the Marvel site. Maybe Stan Lee can clarify"
Your kidding me right?"

No

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Apile-Li

Gambler says:

I never said he is strong as 10 men,the Magnificent said he was strong as 10 men and that Cap could dodge bullets and lift

3 tons.I simply said that Cap would put up a good fight but still loose despite "his increased state" to Spider-Man.Cap being strong as 10 men and lift 3 tons is new to me,maybe the Magnificent has the answers so leave me out of this.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apile-Li says:

"Gambler says:

I never said he is strong as 10 men,the Magnificent said he was strong as 10 men and that Cap could dodge bullets and lift

3 tons.I simply said that Cap would put up a good fight but still loose despite "his increased state" to Spider-Man.Cap being strong as 10 men and lift 3 tons is new to me,maybe the Magnificent has the answers so leave me out of this."

I never said you did. I didn't quote you and I never mentioned you. Why are you taking offense to something someone else said?

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnight Lantern says:

"Spider-Man."

He out-classe's Cap in alot of ways.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Queen Kong

Apile-Li says:

"Queen Kong says:
"Apile-Li says:
"Queen Kong says:
"Apile-Li says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Apile-Li says:
I have no idea,I just posted what I saw in the Marvel site. Maybe Stan Lee can clarify"
Your kidding me right?"

No"

well you should be.

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Queen Kong

Midnight Lantern says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"Spider-Man."

He out-classe's Cap in alot of ways."

Why would you quote yourself?

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Apile-Li

Queen Kong says:

"Apile-Li says:
"Queen Kong says:
"Apile-Li says:
"Queen Kong says:
"Apile-Li says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Apile-Li says:
Your kidding me right?"
No"
well you should be."

Speak for yourself

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Queen Kong

I am speaking for myself.

Gyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Gyle

Gambler says:

"Apile-Li says:
"Gambler says:
I never said he is strong as 10 men,the Magnificent said he was strong as 10 men and that Cap could dodge bullets and lift 3 tons.I simply said that Cap would put up a good fight but still loose despite "his increased state" to Spider-Man.Cap being strong as 10 men and lift 3 tons is new to me,maybe the Magnificent has the answers so leave me out of this."
I never said you did. I didn't quote you and I never mentioned you. Why are you taking offense to something someone else said? "

Ok guys before you bite my head off let me explain a few things.

This thing of Captian America strong as 10 men I saw it in a Marvel site and the same goes for him lifting 3 tons.But I never said he can dodge bullets,I said that when he was confronting Red Skull,he told him he could dodge bullets.

But for me the Cap I know is the one who can lift pounds and not tons

Apile-Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Apile-Li

Queen Kong says:

"I am speaking for myself."

Good,just wanted to make sure

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Lmao, I never bit anyone's head off. I made one post saying Cap wasn't stronger then ten men. I didn't quote anyone, and I didn't say anyone's name. I was simply stating a fact. Cap has dodged bullets so I'm not sure what the big deal is about that. If you need scans of this for proof, I'll happily supply them.