#1 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think she could give him a run for his money. But what do the experts think?

The setting: New York City

#2 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean if this was old original Peter Parker, than she might be able to give him a run, but now since "The Other" He's just too much and would over whelm her. He's much stronger, he's faster, has his stingers, and a spider sense. He'll overwhelm, but she should last a little while considering they're very similar.

#3 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

godfather this battle leaned everything

in favor of SPIDER-MAN

#4 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

You know Arachne can control her webbing with her mind right? Once Spiderman shots his web thats it, its not going anywhere, but Arachne can manipulate her webs at will.

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"You know Arachne can control her webbing with her mind right? Once Spiderman shots his web thats it, its not going anywhere, but Arachne can manipulate her webs at will."

I know that. But who has more experience? Peter's fought people with similar powers, although they aren't exact. Hell, Peter's fought people that can pummel Arachne into dirt. (Morlun, Shathra ect). Peter would fight with his inner spider and eventually defeat her. Her webs may be controlled psionically, but it's not like she's psychic or anything like that. Peter would be out manuevering her, and he'll be too fast for her to catch him. Much too fast.

#6 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

what says can be certain

but it is

THAT SPIDER-MAN doesn't only depend

of their fabrics and with passing of the time

had learned how to confront their battles

without necessity of using their fabrics

#7 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"You know Arachne can control her webbing with her mind right? Once Spiderman shots his web thats it, its not going anywhere, but Arachne can manipulate her webs at will."

I know that. But who has more experience? Peter's fought people with similar powers, although they aren't exact. Hell, Peter's fought people that can pummel Arachne into dirt. (Morlun, Shathra ect). Peter would fight with his inner spider and eventually defeat her. Her webs may be controlled psionically, but it's not like she's psychic or anything like that. Peter would be out manuevering her, and he'll be too fast for her to catch him. Much too fast."

To fast? Its not like he moves at light speed. If he is faster it ain't by enough to matter, if he is more agile it ain't by enough to matter. Arachne has also fought characters well out of her power range. She was transported along with the Avengers and other heroes including Spiderman during that whole Beyonder thingy. I'm not saying she would win but I don't think you are giving her enough credit.

As far as experience, she's formerly trained, by the government, by shield, Spiderman has never been formally trained, she is an expert at hand to hand combat, I wouldn't say Spiderman is an expert would you?
Post Edited:2007-08-23 12:50:38

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
I know that. But who has more experience? Peter's fought people with similar powers, although they aren't exact. Hell, Peter's fought people that can pummel Arachne into dirt. (Morlun, Shathra ect). Peter would fight with his inner spider and eventually defeat her. Her webs may be controlled psionically, but it's not like she's psychic or anything like that. Peter would be out manuevering her, and he'll be too fast for her to catch him. Much too fast."
To fast? Its not like he moves at light speed. If he is faster it ain't by enough to matter, if he is more agile it ain't by enough to matter. Arachne has also fought characters well out of her power range. She was transported along with the Avengers and other heroes including Spiderman during that whole Beyonder thingy. I'm not saying she would win but I don't think you are giving her enough credit. As far as experience, she's formerly trained, by the government, by shield, Spiderman has never been formally trained, she is an expert at hand to hand combat, I wouldn't say Spiderman is an expert would you?
Post Edited:2007-08-23 12:50:38"

No, I wouldn't say he's expert at actual normal combat, but at his fighting style you can say he is because he has to fight in his own using his own flexibility, power and speed. Peter has a lot of experience he's been fighting bad guys for years. And 2 things about that Beyonder thing.

A. She wasn't really actually put there with the rest of them. She was basically an extra. Not a main character.

B. If I'm not mistaken, that was a different Spider-Woman.

Ok, she's fought people out of her power range, and unless I was informed incorrectly she hasn't fought somebody who either was created to hunt her down and kill her, or somebody of similar powers. Peter has fought both. Ezekial, Morlun. Shathra, Ben Reilly. Peter in this case is fighting somebody who has similar powers, but on a lesser scale. Pete can easily over power her, and his physical stats out due her. Not only that, but you can say he's smarter. With all that under his belt it's hard to say she would actually defeat him. Maybe prolonge it for a little while, but she won't be able to defeat him.

#9 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7469 posts) - - Show Bio

i think spiderman

#10 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
To fast? Its not like he moves at light speed. If he is faster it ain't by enough to matter, if he is more agile it ain't by enough to matter. Arachne has also fought characters well out of her power range. She was transported along with the Avengers and other heroes including Spiderman during that whole Beyonder thingy. I'm not saying she would win but I don't think you are giving her enough credit. As far as experience, she's formerly trained, by the government, by shield, Spiderman has never been formally trained, she is an expert at hand to hand combat, I wouldn't say Spiderman is an expert would you?

No, I wouldn't say he's expert at actual normal combat, but at his fighting style you can say he is because he has to fight in his own using his own flexibility, power and speed. Peter has a lot of experience he's been fighting bad guys for years. And 2 things about that Beyonder thing.

A. She wasn't really actually put there with the rest of them. She was basically an extra. Not a main character.

B. If I'm not mistaken, that was a different Spider-Woman.

Ok, she's fought people out of her power range, and unless I was informed incorrectly she hasn't fought somebody who either was created to hunt her down and kill her, or somebody of similar powers. Peter has fought both. Ezekial, Morlun. Shathra, Ben Reilly. Peter in this case is fighting somebody who has similar powers, but on a lesser scale. Pete can easily over power her, and his physical stats out due her. Not only that, but you can say he's smarter. With all that under his belt it's hard to say she would actually defeat him. Maybe prolonge it for a little while, but she won't be able to defeat him."

I can agree with that I guess. But it was her in Secret Wars.

#11 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
No, I wouldn't say he's expert at actual normal combat, but at his fighting style you can say he is because he has to fight in his own using his own flexibility, power and speed. Peter has a lot of experience he's been fighting bad guys for years. And 2 things about that Beyonder thing. A. She wasn't really actually put there with the rest of them. She was basically an extra. Not a main character. B. If I'm not mistaken, that was a different Spider-Woman. Ok, she's fought people out of her power range, and unless I was informed incorrectly she hasn't fought somebody who either was created to hunt her down and kill her, or somebody of similar powers. Peter has fought both. Ezekial, Morlun. Shathra, Ben Reilly. Peter in this case is fighting somebody who has similar powers, but on a lesser scale. Pete can easily over power her, and his physical stats out due her. Not only that, but you can say he's smarter. With all that under his belt it's hard to say she would actually defeat him. Maybe prolonge it for a little while, but she won't be able to defeat him."
I can agree with that I guess. But it was her in Secret Wars."

Really? I thought the other one was Jessica?

#12 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
No, I wouldn't say he's expert at actual normal combat, but at his fighting style you can say he is because he has to fight in his own using his own flexibility, power and speed. Peter has a lot of experience he's been fighting bad guys for years. And 2 things about that Beyonder thing. A. She wasn't really actually put there with the rest of them. She was basically an extra. Not a main character. B. If I'm not mistaken, that was a different Spider-Woman. Ok, she's fought people out of her power range, and unless I was informed incorrectly she hasn't fought somebody who either was created to hunt her down and kill her, or somebody of similar powers. Peter has fought both. Ezekial, Morlun. Shathra, Ben Reilly. Peter in this case is fighting somebody who has similar powers, but on a lesser scale. Pete can easily over power her, and his physical stats out due her. Not only that, but you can say he's smarter. With all that under his belt it's hard to say she would actually defeat him. Maybe prolonge it for a little while, but she won't be able to defeat him."

Really? I thought the other one was Jessica?"

http://www.comicvine.com/arachne/16197/

#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
Really? I thought the other one was Jessica?"
" />http://www.comicvine.com/arachne/16197/"

Ah. Thank you for clearing that up. I thought it was Jessica Drew

#14 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84677 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/1443/"

?

#16 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man/1443/"

Were you trying to say Spidey wins? Because if so we already agreed.