Avatar image for divine_spiderman
Divine_Spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Divine_Spiderman

Can't believe no one bothered to post a comment on this topic. Isn't the Phoenix Force supposed to be a godlike entity that enhances existing powers to divine status? The Captain Universe.... well... I guess it could be similar in comparison. I don't know much on the statistics but it'd be pretty awesome if both were combined... Spiderman would be a supreme godlike superhero.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. This needs some discussion.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 106me

@jeepeh: @divine_spiderman:

This is all speculation.

1) Spiderman as Captain Universe hasn't revealed his full power yet.

2) Spider-Pheonix is an illusion created by a projector Spiderman put on his back. Unfortunately, Spider-Pheonix is not real, and is just a projected image.

I like where this thread was going, but it's just too speculative and some of the feats are just too lacking. This should probably be locked.

EDIT: This thread is old. It needs to be locked.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me:

1. But we still have some feats and we know what the Uni-Power can do.

2. I don't think it being an illusion is supposed to matter in this thread. Shouldn't it have similar powers to other Phoenix Force users?

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: Nah, it wasn't the Pheonix force at all. I have the issue and I can post scans if you like.

In short, Cosmic Parker would just tear off the projector on Spider Pheonix and one shot him.

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gaztacular

Obviously, the fight is between a Spider-Man with the Unipower and a Spider-Man with the Phoenix Force. The whole premise makes no sense otherwise. If Spider-Phoenix never really appeared in continuity, use your imagination.

I would personally go for Uni-Spidey. Becoming Captain Universe enhances any existing powers in addition to providing the blasts, matter manipulation, flight, etc. Those are all physical abilities that fit into Spider-Man's idiom of swinging around and trapping or hitting people. The Phoenix Force might be more powerful than the Unipower (what with it going beyond space and time) but the telepathy, life force manipulation, and other esoteric powers don't really scream Spider-Man friendly to me. I think Peter would be much more comfortable and capable as Captain Universe than as Phoenix and that would give him the win.

Kainpound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kainpound

@king_claw: I dont care who wins as long as it happens. Your my hero of the day for coming up with this. And BTW I think that cosmic spiderman would win because where as Captain universe is more of a protector the phenoix force is an aggressive entity by nature and unless Spidy was bloodlusted I feel like he could make better use of the cosmic. But either way the fight would be TO DIE FOR.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

@jeepeh: Nah, it wasn't the Pheonix force at all. I have the issue and I can post scans if you like.

In short, Cosmic Parker would just tear off the projector on Spider Pheonix and one shot him.

What @gaztacular said. :P

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously, the fight is between a Spider-Man with the Unipower and a Spider-Man with the Phoenix Force. The whole premise makes no sense otherwise. If Spider-Phoenix never really appeared in continuity, use your imagination.

I would personally go for Uni-Spidey. Becoming Captain Universe enhances any existing powers in addition to providing the blasts, matter manipulation, flight, etc. Those are all physical abilities that fit into Spider-Man's idiom of swinging around and trapping or hitting people. The Phoenix Force might be more powerful than the Unipower (what with it going beyond space and time) but the telepathy, life force manipulation, and other esoteric powers don't really scream Spider-Man friendly to me. I think Peter would be much more comfortable and capable as Captain Universe than as Phoenix and that would give him the win.

The Phoenix force gives matter and energy manipulation too and just about any power you can think of. If's often stated that Phoenix users can do just about anything they can think of as far as having other powers go.