who would win??

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I'd go with Spider-Woman...they both have similar physical abilities but I think Jessica's venom blasts would give her the edge for the win

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Caligula

Spider-Woman rapes...

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Zoom

Spider-Girl wins easily.  She's faster, stronger, and has a better spider-sense.  Furthermore, her magnetic powers are much more useful than venom blasts that aren't gonna hit anyhow.

May has Jessica in terms of skill too.  She's trained extensively with Elektra and Spidey himself.  Jessica on the other hand takes giant breaks from being a hero all the time.  Between being depowered, being a P. I. instead of a superhero and being obducted by skrulls, Spider-Woman hasn't been on the top of her game since the 80s.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I admit she's faster but don't see how Spider-Girl is more stronger than Spider-Woman or a more skilled fighter. Spider-Woman has trained in combat for years with Hydra and SHIELD and was also trained by Task Master. Just because she has had breaks inbetween being a superhero doesn't give Spider-Girl the advantage in a fight or make her more skilled. Spider-Woman is much more seasoned in combat, is more rounded in her training and experience, and could definitely nail spider-girl with a venom balst shot. Killerwatt was able to connect with lightning that shut Spider-Girl's powers down, and I wouldn't put him on Spider-Woman's level.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula
@Zoom said:
"Spider-Girl wins easily.  She's faster, stronger, and has a better spider-sense.  Furthermore, her magnetic powers are much more useful than venom blasts that aren't gonna hit anyhow.May has Jessica in terms of skill too.  She's trained extensively with Elektra and Spidey himself.  Jessica on the other hand takes giant breaks from being a hero all the time.  Between being depowered, being a P. I. instead of a superhero and being obducted by skrulls, Spider-Woman hasn't been on the top of her game since the 80s. "

yeah, i just dont see her beating Spider-Woman, SW is simply better here, it's not even a close fight.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zoom
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"I admit she's faster but don't see how Spider-Girl is more stronger than Spider-Woman or a more skilled fighter. Spider-Woman has trained in combat for years with Hydra and SHIELD and was also trained by Task Master. Just because she has had breaks inbetween being a superhero doesn't give Spider-Girl the advantage in a fight or make her more skilled. Spider-Woman is much more seasoned in combat, is more rounded in her training and experience, and could definitely nail spider-girl with a venom balst shot. Killerwatt was able to connect with lightning that shut Spider-Girl's powers down, and I wouldn't put him on Spider-Woman's level. "

Spider-Girl is the stronger of the two flat out.  Spider-Woman can only lift 7 tons.  Spider-Girl is at 10 tons.

Neither Hydra nor Shield had any kinda of decent combat training.  Any hero worth his salt can demolish a hundred hydra soldiers.  Hell, the Initiative used completely green recruits to beat a Hydra army without any serious injuries.  Anybody that was nervous was told "Oh come on.  Its just Hydra."  50 shield agents can't even tag Captain America.

As for Killer Watt, he didn't shut down Spider-Girl's power with a lightning blast.  After Spider-Girl took down four other supervillains, she had to face Killer Watt at a construction site where the entire area was made of metal which conducts electricity.  Spider-Girl still managed to dodge him for awhile and eventually just went straight for him and was electicuted when her fist made contact with his face.  This caused her to lose her powers.  This was 100 issues ago so even if you statement wasn't completely false, I think 100 issues of comics has made the girl a better hero.

But none of that is all that important.  What is important is that Spider-Girl's spider sense is enhanced and that she can use her magnetic powers to pin Spider-Woman to the ground.  Even if Jessica was faster, stronger and better in every other way, she's still gonna lose because May can dodge and Jessica is stuck.
albanmanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By albanmanson
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
" I'd go with Spider-Woman...they both have similar physical abilities but I think Jessica's venom blasts would give her the edge for the win "

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

awwww... as much as I like Spider-girl, I think Spiderwoman would win this one v_v

mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mira

Well ... this is a hard choice cause they are good. I don't know maybe Spider-woman. But...Spider-girl has a chance too.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Zoom said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"I admit she's faster but don't see how Spider-Girl is more stronger than Spider-Woman or a more skilled fighter. Spider-Woman has trained in combat for years with Hydra and SHIELD and was also trained by Task Master. Just because she has had breaks inbetween being a superhero doesn't give Spider-Girl the advantage in a fight or make her more skilled. Spider-Woman is much more seasoned in combat, is more rounded in her training and experience, and could definitely nail spider-girl with a venom balst shot. Killerwatt was able to connect with lightning that shut Spider-Girl's powers down, and I wouldn't put him on Spider-Woman's level. "
Spider-Girl is the stronger of the two flat out.  Spider-Woman can only lift 7 tons.  Spider-Girl is at 10 tons.Neither Hydra nor Shield had any kinda of decent combat training.  Any hero worth his salt can demolish a hundred hydra soldiers.  Hell, the Initiative used completely green recruits to beat a Hydra army without any serious injuries.  Anybody that was nervous was told "Oh come on.  Its just Hydra."  50 shield agents can't even tag Captain America.As for Killer Watt, he didn't shut down Spider-Girl's power with a lightning blast.  After Spider-Girl took down four other supervillains, she had to face Killer Watt at a construction site where the entire area was made of metal which conducts electricity.  Spider-Girl still managed to dodge him for awhile and eventually just went straight for him and was electicuted when her fist made contact with his face.  This caused her to lose her powers.  This was 100 issues ago so even if you statement wasn't completely false, I think 100 issues of comics has made the girl a better hero.But none of that is all that important.  What is important is that Spider-Girl's spider sense is enhanced and that she can use her magnetic powers to pin Spider-Woman to the ground.  Even if Jessica was faster, stronger and better in every other way, she's still gonna lose because May can dodge and Jessica is stuck. "

OK, well not that it matters anyway, but Spider-Girl's profile says she can not lift 10 tons....that she is not as strong as Spiderman. It still wouldn't help her much against Spider-Woman. And my point with Spider-Woman's training with SHIELD and Hydra and, as I mentioned above, by Task Master in combat makes her more well rounded than May. And Spider-Woman has been around longer than May and is more experienced. I don't think that other super heroes perceptions of Hydra or SHIELD is relevant, they aren't Spider-Woman. 

And with Spider-Girl's fight with Killerwatt, no matter how it went down, shows that she has lost powers, just like Spider-Woman, and even her fight with Human Torch shows that her spider senses don't guarantee her a win. Spider-Woman is the better fighter and is more skilled than Spider-Girl, and woud likely level her before she can use her "magnetic cling". 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Spider-Woman wins.Extremely easy.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zoom
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"OK, well not that it matters anyway, but Spider-Girl's profile says she can not lift 10 tons....that she is not as strong as Spiderman. It still wouldn't help her much against Spider-Woman. And my point with Spider-Woman's training with SHIELD and Hydra and, as I mentioned above, by Task Master in combat makes her more well rounded than May. And Spider-Woman has been around longer than May and is more experienced. I don't think that other super heroes perceptions of Hydra or SHIELD is relevant, they aren't Spider-Woman. And with Spider-Girl's fight with Killerwatt, no matter how it went down, shows that she has lost powers, just like Spider-Woman, and even her fight with Human Torch shows that her spider senses don't guarantee her a win. Spider-Woman is the better fighter and is more skilled than Spider-Girl, and woud likely level her before she can use her "magnetic cling".    "
The wiki is wrong.  Spider-Girl can lift 10 tons.  Isn't Spider-Man 15 tons these days?

Half the Initiative and half the supervillains in the marvel universe were trained by Taskmaster and I haven't seen any improvement.

Taskmaster training is awwwwwesome.

Again, Hydra training and Shield training mean jack squat.  They suck.

When did Spider-Girl lose to the Human Torch?  The only time I can remember them fighting was in a very early issue where she went back in time, fought her father and the Torch at the same time and still managed to take Johnny down.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Zoom said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"OK, well not that it matters anyway, but Spider-Girl's profile says she can not lift 10 tons....that she is not as strong as Spiderman. It still wouldn't help her much against Spider-Woman. And my point with Spider-Woman's training with SHIELD and Hydra and, as I mentioned above, by Task Master in combat makes her more well rounded than May. And Spider-Woman has been around longer than May and is more experienced. I don't think that other super heroes perceptions of Hydra or SHIELD is relevant, they aren't Spider-Woman. And with Spider-Girl's fight with Killerwatt, no matter how it went down, shows that she has lost powers, just like Spider-Woman, and even her fight with Human Torch shows that her spider senses don't guarantee her a win. Spider-Woman is the better fighter and is more skilled than Spider-Girl, and woud likely level her before she can use her "magnetic cling".    "
The wiki is wrong.  Spider-Girl can lift 10 tons.  Isn't Spider-Man 15 tons these days?

Half the Initiative and half the supervillains in the marvel universe were trained by Taskmaster and I haven't seen any improvement.

Again, Hydra training and Shield training mean jack squat.  They suck.When did Spider-Girl lose to the Human Torch?  The only time I can remember them fighting was in a very early issue where she went back in time, fought her father and the Torch at the same time and still managed to take Johnny down. "

I got the info on Spider-Girl's strength right here on comic vine. And I think you are right on Spiderman but her profile actually says "could not lift 10 tons...". Spider-Girl was defeated by Human Torch in Contest of Champions. He sucked the oxygen from the air around her and she past out.  In either case, May isn't going to be able to overpower Spider-Woman or outfight her.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geometry

I'm not familiar with either of them but logic might make me go with the woman rather than the girl. But I could be wrong.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zoom
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"I got the info on Spider-Girl's strength right here on comic vine. And I think you are right on Spiderman but her profile actually says "could not lift 10 tons...". Spider-Girl was defeated by Human Torch in Contest of Champions. He sucked the oxygen from the air around her and she past out.  In either case, May isn't going to be able to overpower Spider-Woman or outfight her. "

You do realize Comicvine is a wiki right?  I could go change her profile to say that she's a 100 toner but it wouldn't make it so.

Spider-Girl wasn't even in Contest of Champions.  That was Mattie Franklin aka Spider-Woman III.
http://www.comicvine.com/contest-of-champions-ii-process-of-elimination/37-46039/

Spider-Girl actually beat the Human Torch, though in fairness, it was a silver age level HT so his experience isn't as high as it is now.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Oh okay, I was thrown off by the costume and thought it was her. I don't think it matters that her profile could be altered. I have no reason to believe that's it's inaccurate, and the other "wiki's" that I looked at, including on the marvel database (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/May_Parker_(Earth-982) say pretty much the same thing. Even her profile on Marvel.com (http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-Girl) says that she can only lift 5 tons. It's not a strong argument to say that her profile could be altered by anyone so it's unreliable.

In a fight between her and Spider-Woman, strength would not be the determining factor anyway, though it appears that Spider-Woman is a bit stronger. Spider-Girl has limited experience in comparison to Spider-Woman, who in addition to her fighting skills, also has flight and her venom blasts as an advantage over Spider-Girl.  Spider-Woman has a much longer history of fighting formidable opponents like Viper, the Silver Samurai, and took on opponents physically stronger than her ( like Hammer & Anvil and Nekra) and over came them. While Spider-Girl is faster than Spider-Woman, which I think is her only real advantage, she doesn't compare when it comes to experience or skill, and I think that is why she would probably lose.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zoom

You do realize that both of those are wikis right?  I can go change them right now if I wanted to.

Spider-Girl was only class 5 when she was first introduced.  I suspect that's why everybody has the wrong number on their wikis.

Flight isn't gonna help because she's gonna be stuck.  Venom blasts are no different than thousands of blasts that SG has dodged in her career.  You can throw out characters like Viper and Silver Samurai but both would go down hard against SG.  She's gone toe to toe with Loki, Seth and the Omega Skrull.

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Omg chris

spider girl takes this she's faster more agile and stronger... i cant see venom blasts actually taging her

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zoom

Spider-Girl has also defeated Kaine and Venom, both characters who are faster and stronger than SW and have spider sense.  She beat Carnage too, though I don't remember if he's supposed to have a spider-sense.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
He doesn't. He is immune to Spider-man's & Venom's, I believe. Don't recall him having one though.
Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Spider-Girl.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

In any event, being a wiki doesn't really matter. Nothing suggests that Spider- Girl is stronger than Spider-Woman.And just because Spider-Girl has dodged beams doesn't mean that she doesn't get hit. She's been hit plenty of times.

And I wouldn't go as a far as saying SG went "toe to toe" with Loki, Omega Skrull, or Seth. She didn't and wouldn't hold her own against any of them. She was with other much more powerful team mates (Psi-Lord for example) against Apox/Omega Skrull.  Even in her fight with Seth, he just let her hit him until she got tired and it did nothing to him in one issue. And slapped her all the way across central park. In the end she was saved by someone else otherwise Seth would have killed her. They would all kill her in a one-on-one fight.

This doesn't prove she would be a match for SW, only that she has the balls. I just don't see her beating Spider-Woman.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zoom
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"In any event, being a wiki doesn't really matter. Nothing suggests that Spider- Girl is stronger than Spider-Woman"
Except for you know, the comic books themselves.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"And I wouldn't go as a far as saying SG went "toe to toe" with Loki, Omega Skrull, or Seth. She didn't and wouldn't hold her own against any of them. She was with other much more powerful team mates (Psi-Lord for example) against Apox/Omega Skrull.  Even in her fight with Seth, he just let her hit him until she got tired and it did nothing to him in one issue. And slapped her all the way across central park. In the end she was saved by someone else otherwise Seth would have killed her. They would all kill her in a one-on-one fight."
She dodged around Apoc and Seth for an entire issue each.  Against Apoc, she was the one that stole his power source and then planted it back in him after Richards had made a plot device bomb to stop the skrull.  Against Seth she did enough damage to him that he wasn't able to hold up his force field anymore which allowed the other heroes to come to her rescue.

The point isn't that she's on the same level as Seth and Apoc.  The point is that she can hold out against beings much much stronger than her for a long long time.  The other point is that Spider-Woman isn't the only one who has experience going up against "formidible opponents" (if you can call Viper and Silver Samurai formidable, which I sure wouldn't).

And the fact still remains that Spider-Girl has beaten more impressive characters than Spider-Woman ever has.  Jessica doesn't have anything on Kaine or Venom.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Zoom said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"In any event, being a wiki doesn't really matter. Nothing suggests that Spider- Girl is stronger than Spider-Woman"
Except for you know, the comic books themselves.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"And I wouldn't go as a far as saying SG went "toe to toe" with Loki, Omega Skrull, or Seth. She didn't and wouldn't hold her own against any of them. She was with other much more powerful team mates (Psi-Lord for example) against Apox/Omega Skrull.  Even in her fight with Seth, he just let her hit him until she got tired and it did nothing to him in one issue. And slapped her all the way across central park. In the end she was saved by someone else otherwise Seth would have killed her. They would all kill her in a one-on-one fight."
She dodged around Apoc and Seth for an entire issue each.  Against Apoc, she was the one that stole his power source and then planted it back in him after Richards had made a plot device bomb to stop the skrull.  Against Seth she did enough damage to him that he wasn't able to hold up his force field anymore which allowed the other heroes to come to her rescue.The point isn't that she's on the same level as Seth and Apoc.  The point is that she can hold out against beings much much stronger than her for a long long time.  The other point is that Spider-Woman isn't the only one who has experience going up against "formidible opponents" (if you can call Viper and Silver Samurai formidable, which I sure wouldn't).And the fact still remains that Spider-Girl has beaten more impressive characters than Spider-Woman ever has.  Jessica doesn't have anything on Kaine or Venom. "

I haven't seen SG doing any amazing strength feats to make me question the accuracy of the sites. And I don't think "running and dodging" Apoc is much proof of her holding her own. In the first issue against Seth, he just let her hit him until she was exhausted and he just walked away. She was not a credible threat to him from the beginning, only a lose end he was about to tie up. SW has way more experience taking on tough opponents than SG, is more seasoned in combat, and even fought Wolverine when she was under black blades power, and battled Morgan Le Fay . We agree to disagree. I don't see Spider-Girl winning a fight against Spider-Woman, you do...we can leave it at that.

Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Nisk5

Spider-girl, spider-girl, does whatenver a spider can.
Spider-woman, Spider-woman, can um...shoot green goop from her hands

SPIDER-GIRL WINS!!

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zoom

What tough opponents exactly has Spider-Woman defeated?
Because "fought Wolverine" and "battled Morgan Le Fey" sound a lot like "taking on Seth" to me.