#1 Edited by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals: On. 
No Prep-time. 
Both opponents start 17 feet away from each other. 
Winning Condition: KO.  
Who wins?   

Batman Live
#2 Edited by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Spider Woman, WAY faster? 
Like to the point where she'll beat Ivy down in no time?
#3 Posted by charlieboy (7150 posts) - - Show Bio

i think jessica would win. one venom blast and she would win.
#4 Posted by The Stegman (22735 posts) - - Show Bio

well since they're in manhattan....spider woman, if they were in a jungle or someplace with a lot of plants, ivy wins

#5 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

There is still plant life in Lower Manhattan...

#6 Posted by NYStreets09e (159 posts) - - Show Bio

The Winner is...

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Both can exert pheromones, but according to Spider-Woman: Agent of SWORD Jessica can seduce men, but her pheromones create rage in women, whereas Ivy can seduce both. 

In a straight fight, Jessica murderstomps. But I'd like be interested to see what happens if Ivy uses pheromones/plants.

#8 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9875 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I thought there would be more arguments for Ivy, but then again, 17ft away is not that far, and Jessica has superior reaction time to Ivy. Jessica for the win.
#9 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Interesting. Both can exert pheromones, but according to Spider-Woman: Agent of SWORD Jessica can seduce men, but her pheromones create rage in women, whereas Ivy can seduce both. In a straight fight, Jessica murderstomps. But I'd like be interested to see what happens if Ivy uses pheromones/plants.

Well, since Spider-Woman is immune to toxins and poisons, Im pretty sure that she would be immune to Ivy' pheromones also, unless there's anyone that can prove different. Spider-Woman has this. Superhuman physical attributes, Flight, Venom Blasts especially, plus she's a pretty damn good fighter and martial artist.

#10 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I demand that this thread be bumped.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (22735 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh, i still think this fight would be better in a jungle or heck even Central Park

#12 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: I'll do that.
#13 Posted by RaidenAzreal (9 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-woman would kick her ass!

#14 Posted by The Stegman (22735 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious:  

you know what else would make this battle more interesting? if maybe they were to fight in a pool of jello...yeah! that's it! >.> <.<
#15 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Nefarious: you know what else would make this battle more interesting? if maybe they were to fight in a pool of jello...yeah! that's it! >.> <.<

LOL

#16 Posted by ragdollpurps (15571 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be more interesting if this were DCnU Ivy. She seems to be a lot more versatile in her use of plants, and IIRC can seemingly grow them out of her. I'm curious about whether her plant shields would be durable enough to withstand direct venom blasts, since they did hold up against an explosion. Aside from that, with pre 52 Ivy I think Jessica takes it. She's just faster, can fly and has ranged attacks. Without being able to grow plants from herself and with the lack of foliage in the city, I don't see how Ivy could react fast enough to muster anything substantial offensively or defensively. As for pheromones go, I would assume that since they both utilize them, that both would be immune to them. That's just speculation on my part, though.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (22735 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps: the OP just changed the location to a jungle
#18 Posted by ragdollpurps (15571 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@ragdollpurps: the OP just changed the location to a jungle

Ah, so now things really are interesting...

#19 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

Admit that it is a stomp.

#20 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

I say spider-woman wins.

#21 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

It would be more interesting if this were DCnU Ivy. She seems to be a lot more versatile in her use of plants, and IIRC can seemingly grow them out of her. I'm curious about whether her plant shields would be durable enough to withstand direct venom blasts, since they did hold up against an explosion. Aside from that, with pre 52 Ivy I think Jessica takes it. She's just faster, can fly and has ranged attacks. Without being able to grow plants from herself and with the lack of foliage in the city, I don't see how Ivy could react fast enough to muster anything substantial offensively or defensively. As for pheromones go, I would assume that since they both utilize them, that both would be immune to them. That's just speculation on my part, though.

Whoah! I haven't been paying attention to Birds of Prey. Has she already been introduced? What issue?

#22 Posted by ragdollpurps (15571 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Issue 3!

#23 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

@RainEffect: Issue 3!

Bah! I need to get that immediately. xD

#24 Posted by Hyperlight (5377 posts) - - Show Bio

Jessica

#25 Posted by IAmCoolaThanYou (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy