Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nefarious

JD 
JD 

SW 
SW 

Conditons: - 

> Elimination via Knock-out or Incapacitation or Death.   
> DS is equipped with his primary sword, power staff, and guns. 
> Both are in character.  
> Both have little knowledge about each other. 
> Classic Deathstroke. Earth-616 Spider-Woman.  

Who wins this one?

Setting:  Unpopulated. Starting distance: 23 Feet Apart opposite ends.

Construction site
 Construction site
NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NEEK_03

spiderwoman pimp slaps him silly.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nefarious

I doubt that it will be that easy. 

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

Close fight but the combo of Jessica's pheromones, flight and venom blasts give her the win. Slade doesn't go down easy though.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nefarious

Nice reason. 

Man, I love Spider-Woman. 

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KraytRawk

@Strider92 said:

Close fight but the combo of Jessica's pheromones, flight and venom blasts give her the win. Slade doesn't go down easy though.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By KainScion

dont forget jessica aint no slouch in h2h. she stabbed wolverine. in the neck. with his own claws. BAM!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@KainScion said:

dont forget jessica aint no slouch in h2h. she stabbed wolverine. in the neck. with his own claws. BAM!

She did? O.O ouch...

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nefarious

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. 

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By KainScion
No Caption Provided
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@KainScion said:

No Caption Provided

And that is why you don't screw with English women lol.....

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pokergeist
@KainScion said:

No Caption Provided

I love the New Avengers. Too bad she was the Skrull Queen the whole time during New Avengers.....  

Yeah she had mad H2H skills, Venom Blast that KO Wolvie all the time, Pheramones that makes her opponets not want to hurt her, and Flight. 

I say she could take this.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TDK_1997

Jessica's pheromones will help her a lot in this fight and she may eventually win.

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By karetaker

if its a random encounter im inclined to say deathstroke because in Jessicas free time im pretty sure shes always wearing a perfume that nullifies her pheromones

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist
@karetaker said:

if its a random encounter im inclined to say deathstroke because in Jessicas free time im pretty sure shes always wearing a perfume that nullifies her pheromones

If this is a battle where shes suit up I doubt she masks her Pheramones when working.
karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By karetaker

@CadenceV2: if its random then i dont think she would be suited up. but it doesn't say random so i guess its not

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pokergeist
@karetaker
But then thats not fair if she is at a disadvantage in a random bout. I could say Deathstroke has no weapons since I doubt he goes Grocery Shopping with Swords and Blast Staff.
LightningGod67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LightningGod67

Spiderwoman will win.

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kentaxx

Deathstroke with ease

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@karetaker said:

@CadenceV2: if its random then i dont think she would be suited up. but it doesn't say random so i guess its not

In battle threads unless otherwise stated the fighters have their standard gear/costume. So Jess would be suited up and not using the nulifier.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By karetaker

@CadenceV2: unless he was robbing the store in his free time. and sense it doesn't say random i wont assume it is.but its auctually unfair this way more than if it was random because pheromones is a win button.just like misdirection nd TP or TK

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By karetaker

@Strider92: just to clarify does that remain the same for random fights when gear is not listed ?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@karetaker said:

@Strider92: just to clarify does that remain the same for random fights when gear is not listed ?

Random fights simply means that the encounter is random.

For example if I where to say a random fight/encounter between Poison Ivy and Spider-man we would go under the assumption Spider-man knows nothing about Poison Ivy (having never met her) and that he has not prepared for her with anything but his standard gear (web shooters etc..) and visa versa for Ivy she would know nothing about him or be prepared for him.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BringnIt

Deathstroke.

TheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheSurfer

@Strider92 said:

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spiderbuck1

@TheSurfer said:

@Strider92 said:

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Jessica's pheromones don't work the way everyone assumes they do. She is not Daken. Next thing I know people will start saying Gambit wins fights due to his hypnotic charm ability. 

Deathstroke curbstomps.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_ said:

Jessica's pheromones don't work the way everyone assumes they do. She is not Daken. Next thing I know people will start saying Gambit wins fights due to his hypnotic charm ability.

Deathstroke curbstomps.

I'm well aware that Jess's pheromones don't work like Daken's. They generate attraction and make enemies less inclined to hurt rather than full on control. It still doesn't change the fact that the environment is in a open area giving Jessica a lot of room to maneuver due to flight. This coupled with the fact that she's physically stronger and her venom blasts is going to make her hard for Slade to take down.

I will concede that if Jessica gets to close to Slade she will get decimated but due to this open environment she won't have to.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Black

Slade.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kentaxx said:

Deathstroke with ease

TheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheSurfer

@Strider92 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Deathstroke curbstomps.

I'm well aware that Jess's pheromones don't work like Daken's. They generate attraction and make enemies less inclined to hurt rather than full on control. It still doesn't change the fact that the environment is in a open area giving Jessica a lot of room to maneuver due to flight. This coupled with the fact that she's physically stronger and her venom blasts is going to make her hard for Slade to take down.

I will concede that if Jessica gets to close to Slade she will get decimated but due to this open environment she won't have to.

And again, I think you speak true Strider. I agree completely. I do believe the below is canon. Her pheromones versus a foe ready to attack.

No Caption Provided
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Deathstroke curbstomps.

Your proposed tactic is that Jessica will stay out of range and blast Deathstroke - in a distance, the miniscule advantage (which I still maintain is virtually nonexistent) her pheromones could possibly provide is thus eliminated by this. Deathsroke has a variety of long range weaponry (guns, power staff), with which he has faced off against a variety of airborne opponents - most of which are much faster than Jess in both speed and reaction time. She's physically stronger and yet much less skilled to the point her strength advantage does not compensate for it - her durability to blunt force is also eliminated by the promethium sword.  Also, Jessica's venom blasts, while capable of affecting a wide area of effect can still easily be dodged - and have been, and Slade has many feats to his name to prove he can do so.

The OP states they have "little knowledge" of each other. When did you last see Jess stay completely out of range and blast an opponent she knows little to nothing about rather than engaging them at close range sooner rather than later? The tactic is out of character in the first place. 

Not to mention, everyone goes on about things she's supposed to be capable of rather than actual feats, which, let's face it, she is very short on, against someone who has dozens if not hundreds to prove his superiority over her in every way that matters in order to claim the victory here.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@TheSurfer said:

@Strider92 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Deathstroke curbstomps.

And again, I think you speak true Strider. I agree completely. I do believe the below is canon. Her pheromones versus a foe ready to attack.

No Caption Provided
i) She took advantage of the fact that she had knowledge of who the Wrecker is, his fight against Wolverine and Spider-Man, and his overall ineptitude - none of which she can afford against Slade.
ii) That's not Jess in the first place.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

I lol'd.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ReVamp: LOL, ninety percent of the available scans for Jess are actually Veranke.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_: You have no idea how aggravating it gets. Marvel and their bull, its seriously some amazing ass sh*t.

TheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheSurfer

@Morpheus_ said:

Your proposed tactic is that Jessica will stay out of range and blast Deathstroke - in a distance, the miniscule advantage (which I still maintain is virtually nonexistent) her pheromones could possibly provide is thus eliminated by this. Deathsroke has a variety of long range weaponry (guns, power staff), with which he has faced off against a variety of airborne opponents - most of which are much faster than Jess in both speed and reaction time. She's physically stronger and yet much less skilled to the point her strength advantage does not compensate for it - her durability to blunt force is also eliminated by the promethium sword. Also, Jessica's venom blasts, while capable of affecting a wide area of effect can still easily be dodged - and have been, and Slade has many feats to his name to prove he can do so.

The OP states they have "little knowledge" of each other. When did you last see Jess stay completely out of range and blast an opponent she knows little to nothing about rather than engaging them at close range sooner rather than later? The tactic is out of character in the first place.

Not to mention, everyone goes on about things she's supposed to be capable of rather than actual feats, which, let's face it, she is very short on, against someone who has dozens if not hundreds to prove his superiority over her in every way that matters in order to claim the victory here.

This is not to disrespect your opinion, and I am under a limited number of posts due to being a fresh fish as it were, but I have seen scans of DS having trouble with people with less speed/physical stats than DS. To my mind, and this is not to try and claim it is 100% fact, but it would seem that many times when DS was dealing with superior foes, he had quite a bit knowledge on them and their abilities (hence the famous scene where he stabs Flash and mentions predictability). I just have a hard time seeing this even being a stomp against a foe that he has very little knowledge about. If we start the fight close, he has to deal with the pheromones, which unprepared, could cause quite a bit of issue. Long range, I do believe Jessica is fast enough to dodge his blasts. I still believe her power combo and stats make this a difficult fight.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ReVamp: On this occasion, Bendis seems to have intended that to be the case all along, so it's fine by me.
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Morpheus_ said:

For all intents and purposes it is. The Skrulls were perfect copies right down to the smallest detail.. at that point in time she didn't even know she was the Skrull Queen.  The Skrull Queen would not be able to do anything that Jessica could not do or would not do.
TheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheSurfer

@Morpheus_ said:

No Caption Provided
@TheSurfer said:

@Strider92 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Deathstroke curbstomps.

i) She took advantage of the fact that she had knowledge of who the Wrecker is, his fight against Wolverine and Spider-Man, and his overall ineptitude - none of which she can afford against Slade.

And that is a mistake. I said I thought it was canon, which it is, but wrong person. My bad, and I do not mean to misrepresent. My apologies. But I thought she had the same powers as the original regardless?

She used personal knowledge yes, but I think would that would not entirely be necessary. I would think it would still provide enough for the upper hand here.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp: On this occasion, Bendis seems to have intended that to be the case all along, so it's fine by me.

Bendis just wanted to clear his Jones/Drew bull. On a more serious note though, I don't really care if it was planned all along. The SI never rubbed me the right way. the concept that is.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Soulstealer

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp: LOL, ninety percent of the available scans for Jess are actually Veranke.

God in heaven knows how much I hate that this is true. XD

Secret Invasion was a interesting concept, but oh so horrible in practice.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_ said:

When did you last see Jess stay completely out of range and blast an opponent she knows little to nothing about rather than engaging them at close range sooner rather than later? The tactic is out of character in the first place.

Her first battle with Spider-man she chose to engage him at a range rather than get to close.

I will admit that it would be out of character for her to simply fly around venom blasting Slade. She normally combines a bit of both.

@Morpheus_ said:

Also, Jessica's venom blasts, while capable of affecting a wide area of effect can still easily be dodged - and have been, and Slade has many feats to his name to prove he can do so.

While I agree her single focused beams have been dodged in the past. Her area attacks on the other hand are a lot more potent and i don't believe i've seen anyone dodge them. If she was to get in close to Slade I doubt he'd be able to dodge an attack like this:

No Caption Provided

As you said if she did get in close her pheromones would come into play which in the past have been used to make her enemies feel attracted to her(i'm aware this is the Skrull Queen but wasn't she a perfect copy of Jess?):

and have been known to also cause paralysis:

TheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheSurfer

@Strider92 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

When did you last see Jess stay completely out of range and blast an opponent she knows little to nothing about rather than engaging them at close range sooner rather than later? The tactic is out of character in the first place.

Her first battle with Spider-man she chose to engage him at a range rather than get to close.

I will admit that it would be out of character for her to simply fly around venom blasting Slade. She normally combines a bit of both.

@Morpheus_ said:

Also, Jessica's venom blasts, while capable of affecting a wide area of effect can still easily be dodged - and have been, and Slade has many feats to his name to prove he can do so.

While I agree her single focused beams have been dodged in the past. Her area attacks on the other hand are a lot more potent and i don't believe i've seen anyone dodge them. If she was to get in close to Slade I doubt he'd be able to dodge an attack like this:

No Caption Provided

As you said if she did get in close her pheromones would come into play which in the past have been used to make her enemies feel attracted to her:

and have been known to also cause paralysis:

I just did the pheromones one, the argument will be that it was not truly Jessica. But again, I thought the powers were the same...

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karetaker said:

I think random encounter means "no prep" but "ready for battle", meaning they are in normal battle gear and are thrown into the match "battle ready" and know nothing about their opponent beyond what they already knew or can learn during the battle.

I could be wrong.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@TheSurfer said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Your proposed tactic is that Jessica will stay out of range and blast Deathstroke - in a distance, the miniscule advantage (which I still maintain is virtually nonexistent) her pheromones could possibly provide is thus eliminated by this. Deathsroke has a variety of long range weaponry (guns, power staff), with which he has faced off against a variety of airborne opponents - most of which are much faster than Jess in both speed and reaction time. She's physically stronger and yet much less skilled to the point her strength advantage does not compensate for it - her durability to blunt force is also eliminated by the promethium sword. Also, Jessica's venom blasts, while capable of affecting a wide area of effect can still easily be dodged - and have been, and Slade has many feats to his name to prove he can do so.

This is not to disrespect your opinion, and I am under a limited number of posts due to being a fresh fish as it were, but I have seen scans of DS having trouble with people with less speed/physical stats than DS. To my mind, and this is not to try and claim it is 100% fact, but it would seem that many times when DS was dealing with superior foes, he had quite a bit knowledge on them and their abilities (hence the famous scene where he stabs Flash and mentions predictability). I just have a hard time seeing this even being a stomp against a foe that he has very little knowledge about. If we start the fight close, he has to deal with the pheromones, which unprepared, could cause quite a bit of issue. Long range, I do believe Jessica is fast enough to dodge his blasts. I still believe her power combo and stats make this a difficult fight.

Deathstroke has a wide array of feats and like any character, has had high points and low ones. Yes, he has had issues with opponents with worse stats (but likely better feats and definitely better skills than Jess), and also has dealt with opponents with his standard equipment and basic knowledge (which he actually has here, provided per the OP). Starfire or Lex Luthor in his battlesuit both spring to mind. I wouldn't have brought up Identity Crisis or him stabbing the Flash in the first place, because it's rather cheap. The pheromones are honestly not an issue that I can detect.

On the other hand Jess doesn't even have any truly high combat feats worth noting, honestly. Best I can recall is beating a reluctant Spider-Man who was dealing with the loss of his spider sense and thus performed at a level much lower than normal, while she was trying to kill him and was not holding back. Spidey stomped her in the most recent ASM issue and repayed the favor.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Strider1992

@TheSurfer: The first one is the Skrull Queen yes but I believe she was a perfect copy of Jess. The second one of her being able to paralyze people with them is her though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Strider1992

@Morpheus_ said:

Spidey stomped her in the most recent ASM issue and repayed the favor.

I silently cheered when I read that issue!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Spider-Woman: She zapped da Gargan.