#5  Edited By OreoAssassin

Venom solos

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

Symbiote smothery all around. Can healing factors bring someone back from what is essentially drowning?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Symbiote smothery all around. Can healing factors bring someone back from what is essentially drowning?

You're suggesting Venom would use his tendrils to clog the lungs of the other team? I don't think that'd be smart given the fact Bloodshot has a powerful sonic screech.

Venom solos

Doubt it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: But yeah, in terms of your question; they should do. Blade may be the only one with that issue, but he's one of the fastest here. Bloodshot can sonic screech Venom away, Deadpools healing is insane, and Luther Strode has been dismembered and survived. Not only that, he's used his own intestines to snap his opponents neck.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Can he sonic scream if his lungs/throat/mouth are smothered? In reality a person can't even talk with a feeding tube in place. Granted these are comic characters, but still.

And healing recovers them from physical wounds, would it start pumping their hearts again? I ask because I really don't know how healing factors work outside of Hulk's.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The spiders tie them up via webs and proceed to bang them on the head till ko is achieved.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

Leaning towards the spiders. If Flash uses the symbiote correctly I see a lot of these characters getting decapitated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Can he sonic scream if his lungs/throat/mouth are smothered? In reality a person can't even talk with a feeding tube in place. Granted these are comic characters, but still.

And healing recovers them from physical wounds, would it start pumping their hearts again? I ask because I really don't know how healing factors work outside of Hulk's.

Who's to say it'd even get to that point? Bloodshot normally uses his sonic scream as a last resort, so as soon as he's pinned down by the tendrils he needs only let it loose, at which point Venom would experience somewhat of a migraine.

The spiders tie them up via webs and proceed to bang them on the head till ko is achieved.

Nobodys giving the other team any love..

Blade has some respectable skill and speed feats of his own, even against Spider-Man himself, which I'll post later when I have time.

Luther Strode can literally dance around machine gun fire, and rip through a human body like it's butter. Not to mention he has precognition allowing him to see the thousands of moves an opponent could make before they do.

Then they have Bloodshot and Deadpool backing them up. Deadpool is skilled enough to keep up for a little while, and Bloodshot has many different abilities granted through nanites.

Having said that, an argument could be made for either side.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

Nobodys giving the other team any love..

Blade has some respectable skill and speed feats of his own, even against Spider-Man himself, which I'll post later when I have time.

Luther Strode can literally dance around machine gun fire, and rip through a human body like it's butter. Not to mention he has precognition allowing him to see the thousands of moves an opponent could make before they do.

Then they have Bloodshot and Deadpool backing them up. Deadpool is skilled enough to keep up for a little while, and Bloodshot has many different abilities granted through nanites.

Having said that, an argument could be made for either side.

I just said that because it'd look hilarious lol

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How would they know venom is hurt by sonics?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: They wouldn't - I was just pointing out that in a situation where Bloodshot is pinned down he will use it.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I see your point but he wouldn't be pinned down he would be having venoms tendrils clogging his lungs

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Heroes. Has anyone read Luther Strode? This man is unkillable. I He could split Kaine in half while the others deal with Venom then they could jump him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: If he wasn't pinned down he'd have free hands... not to mention unless Kaine was soloing the other three, Venom wouldn't have the time to choke out Bloodshot. Besides, I can't remember where I saw it, but I think Bloodshot can breathe longer underwater. I might be wrong, but I'll check.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is, as always, underestimated. He and Luther would be the biggest threats.

Together with Bloodshot and Blade, I see them winning this.

Jmarshmallow

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Kaine ain't soloing no one. Strode will eat his lunch. You can't kill him. DP is just an added problem that could and would bring the hurt.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Spider

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if there are no rivalries, what is to stop Venom from using the full potential of his prowess? What I mean is he can share part of his symbiote with Kaine (like he did Andi) and vastly increase Kaine durability, grant him healing he did not possess before, and make Kaine bulletproof. Additionally, Venom has shown to have the possessive power Carnage had in Carnage USA, and Carnage was able to control the Avengers. What would stop Venom from controlling at least one member of the enemy team to even the numbers? Plus if he straight out "Vulks", he becomes immensely powerful. Plus Flash carries flashbang grenades in addition to his firearms, one good surprise flashbang will disorient a normal man for 10-15 seconds. Even if it is only a few seconds against super-humans, at the speed the spiders move, it can be enough to be a game changer.

Kaine's stealth suit/poisoned stinger combo could potentially take someone out immediately, if not for good for long enough to swing a numbers game. Stealth, sneak, and one good stinger blow beneath the crown of the skull up into the brain. Kaine has no reservations about killing. He'd hit full force, every time. That's a 20-25 ton blow. I'm not the biggest expert of every member of the enemy team, but given Kaine's speed that is a rapid series of heavy heavy blows. Not to mention Kaine's "Other" persona.

Each could also potentially web up at least one enemy each. The webs from Spider-Man have been shown to hold serious powerhouses (such as Hulk) for decent periods of time. It could definitely hold here.

Plus Venom's shape shifting ability, he could cut the enemy to pieces. They may heal later, sure, but they'll be out of the fight for a bit. Long enough for it to be considered a "victory".

The two biggest threats here, in my opinion, are Luther and Blade. Both for speed. Both Kaine have shown decent speed feats against Spider-Man and other foes (such as Vengeance for Venom), but Luther and Blade both are both pretty fast. Blade can also take a serious beating before going down. It's tough but I give it to the spiders 6/10. And there is no playground left after the fight.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Wyldsong

@i_like_swords said:

@oreoassassin: They wouldn't - I was just pointing out that in a situation where Bloodshot is pinned down he will use it.

Venom/Flash has shown resistance to sonics....

Besides ripping people in half, do we have any idea how many tons Luther is strength wise?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wyldsong

@strider92: Alright, you know Luther really well, and you know team spider really well. What's your assessment on one of them taking him down or vice versa?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@i_like_swords said:

Besides ripping people in half, do we have any idea how many tons Luther is strength wise?

No tonnage yet. But check his stats.Luther Strode

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wyldsong

@nelomaxwell said:

@wyldsong said:

@i_like_swords said:

No tonnage yet. But check his stats.Luther Strode

That's impressive, but I think I'll have to check the series for context. He looks like a beast though. Where that put's him in relation to Kaine...I'd have to think on it, and I am far too tired. Kaine is stronger and faster than Spidey, is exceedingly durable, and when the Other takes over, his stats seem to increase. Not sure yet=)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@wyldsong said:

@strider92: Alright, you know Luther really well, and you know team spider really well. What's your assessment on one of them taking him down or vice versa?

To put it bluntly the Spider-team stomps and i'm a big fan of Strode and Bloodshot too. I would go far as to say that either of them could solo with difficulty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

To put it bluntly the Spider-team stomps and i'm a big fan of Strode and Bloodshot too. I would go far as to say that either of them could solo with difficulty.

I highly doubt it's a stomp or either of them could solo. You seriously don't think Blade or Luther will be able to tag either of them ONCE? Including the help from the other two?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strider1992

@i_like_swords said:

I highly doubt it's a stomp or either of them could solo. You seriously don't think Blade or Luther will be able to tag either of them ONCE? Including the help from the other two?

They could tag them but they aren't going to do much damage on Venom due to his regeneration and Kaine let an angry Superior Spider-man going all (15tonner+) out punch him 4 times before Kaine retaliated and almost one shotted him. Kaine is too durable for anyone here to hurt with blunt force and considering he's had Carnage stab him through the chest twice and kept fighting like it wasn't a problem bladed weapons don't do much either.

throw in the fact both Kaine and Flash are capable of one-shotting everyone on the other team if they so choose then I don't see why either of them couldn't win here on their own with difficulty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

They could tag them but they aren't going to do much damage on Venom due to his regeneration and Kaine let an angry Superior Spider-man going all (15tonner+) out punch him 4 times before Kaine retaliated and almost one shotted him. Kaine is too durable for anyone here to hurt with blunt force and considering he's had Carnage stab him through the chest twice and kept fighting like it wasn't a problem bladed weapons don't do much either.

throw in the fact both Kaine and Flash are capable of one-shotting everyone on the other team if they so choose then I don't see why either of them couldn't win here on their own with difficulty.

I personally believe Luther has better striking feats than some of the Spider-Men.

Luther can punch a humans skull apart, and tear through the human body like nothing:

Scan 1 - Creates a crater in the ground by slamming Jack the Ripper into the ground

Scans 2-3 - Collapses a warehouse fighting Librarian (pre-LOLS)

And if we want to talk durability

He can take punches from the likes of Librarian, who can do this:

Rips through steel doors with ease, and completely annihilates fodder.

Luther can also harden his muscles in order to take bullets:

No Caption Provided

And to finalize this, here's what his healing factor is capable of:

Disembowelled, recovers instantly and snaps Librarians neck with his intestines, then puts them back.

Based on all of that, I think Luther definitely has what it takes to contend, especially with Kaine. The real question is, how exactly is Kaine going to kill Luther? Not with his poison stinger.

Luther manages to overcome toxins that target his nerve clusters, which prevents his healing factor. Yet he's able to overcome them and keep fighting:

Now, I'm aware that you personally probably know all of that, but it was also just serving as a reminder and to inform everyone else in the thread.

So, point being, Luther isn't getting one shotted, and he's a serious contender in this match.

Also, I forgot to mention Luthers precognition. That's also going to help in terms of speed and reactions.

Now to move onto why Blade isn't getting one shotted either:

Your argument for Venom was his healing factor, which is fair enough, because it is indeed powerful. My only answer to that is that in this fight, once Kaine was out the equation the teams chances would fair better against him 4/3 vs 1.

However, Blade is very durable himself, and I highly doubt he could be one shotted so easily:

Blade is shot point blank, without Kevlar, by Punisher (who typically goes for the kill shot), and is fine afterwards.

Was impaled by Dracula, by his own sword. Fine afterwards.

Survives a crash on a SHIELD aircraft, pretty much unharmed

Intentionally blows up a building he is inside of. No harm done.

So durability isn't really an issue.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strider1992

@i_like_swords: I've read the Strange talent of Luther Strode and the Legend. He's a 5tonner at best. Spider-man can do everything he can do and far worse:

He's much much stronger than Luther.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And yet look what happened when he punched Kaine:

He punched Kaine multiple times using his full force and Kaine hardly seemed to feel it.

You want durability? How about getting beaten to a pulp by an 80tonner and still not KO'd:

The other team is a farcry from Spider-man in every physical aspect

No Caption Provided

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Thanks for the assessment. Luther was the main wild card to my mind, because without having read the series, I had no real context to base his feats from the wiki on. I am 100% in agreement.