This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Plain and Simple. Who would in in a fight?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

This must be like Cosmic Spidey or something right?

#3 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

No way in any Universe.

Unless it was Spider-Man with the Captain Universe power. Then Maybe. Very, very, very... maybe.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys really don't think so? I mean Spider-Man has handled some pretty powerful people before Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer. He has even beaten a Herald of Galactus. I think you need to give him a little more credit. After the other he was able to move so fast that Stark didn't realize he moved until after Spidey tripped him and put him on the ground. Now I am not saying it would be easy or anything like that or even that 100% that he would do it but I think he would at least give her a run for her money.

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

He never "handled" any of those people. He's been in fights with them but he's never won. I don't buy the Firelord thing since it shouldn't be possible, but whatever, it happened, so maybe he can luck out a win if Wonder Woman forgets all about her powers and basic fighting abilities. His speed/reactions aren't much to brag about (compared to Wonder Woman), she outclasses him in every possible area. There's a Wonder Woman vs Storm thread somewhere, go check that out. At the very least it will show how fast and durable she is. She could beat Spider-Man using only her speed if she had to.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I never said he won against them. I said he had handled them as in he lasted long enough to live. And going against Hulk, Thor, or Surfer alone and living is something a character can brag about. I believe Spider-Man's reflexes are something to brag about because he is one of the only character who is moving before it happens and can dodge a bullet already without it. I am not saying he can out beat her in a race because there is no way he can do that. But in reaction time there is nobody that reacts as fast as he does.

#7 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Another excuse to post one of my favorite Spidey covers! "Wanna bet?!"

Staff
#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm taking all this from the Wonder Woman Vs Storm thread I mentioned:

Wonder Woman's speed lets her take this. Her trademark move is parrying bullets and she's on Superman's level of speed.

...she consistently blocks bullets every time she's shot at. From up close, while blind, or even one-handed.

Some bullet blocking:

Wonder Woman is definitely fast enough. I remember one issue when they (Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman) were looking for someone and they said they were going to search the world or something like that. If Wonder Woman wasn't on their level, they wouldn't have brought her. I'm not saying she's as fast as either of them, but the speed is definitely up there. Here she runs with Flash:

And Jesse Quick:

Evil Flash:

Even if she doesn't block the lightning though, she could survive it. She's been bathed in lava at the core of Apokalips and blasted by dragons and been more than strong enough to finish the fights.

She can take unreal amounts of damage and keep fighting. Look:

She can take lightning and be fine. (This was magic lightning so maybe she had a resistance to it, but I thought it was still appropriate). She blocks another lightning attack (from point blank range) later in the issue.

So basically, she's fast enough to avoid or block attacks as well make some of her own, and if, on the off chance that she gets struck in the seconds before the fight is over, nothing Spider-Man can do has the power to put her down. I don't know how you could say her speed would not be a "strong part."

She's more than just traveling speed, she has amazing reaction speed too, and even if Spider-Man could tag her, what attacks does he have that can hurt her?

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are all nice examples of speed an power but it does not prove anything that Spider-Man can't beat her. Like I said he could not beat her in a race but his reaction time is better. He is reacting to stuff before it happens. Plus he is already fast enough to avoid bullets so he is quick enough to be in combat with her even if he isn't fast enough to beat her in a race. As for the lightning thing. That never showed the lightning doing damage to anyone. It drained their life force due to its mystical orgins and Wonder Woman is probably resistant to it due to her's. So that doesn't prove anything. The barrier where her face got burned off was pretty impressive but we are not talking about burning her. Wonder Woman is not durable enough to take a bullet which means Spider-Man's punches can hurt her because he can punch harder.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

So Spider-Man is going to hurt her with punches when she's been shown to be fast enough to block dozens of bullets and strong enough to withstand comets being hurled at her? And she'll also be standing perfectly still for him to do it right?

#11 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing Spider-Man wouldn't be shooting bullets at her. She does outclass him in speed and strength but she does get beaten quite a bit. Maybe Spidey coult think of a way. He could always tie her up. She seemed to be really into that in the past.

Staff
#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't say it would be easy. But you are making it sound like it is impossible for Spider-Man to win unless Wonder Woman is just standing there which is untrue. He is quick enough to dodge attacks and is fast enough to deliver hits. Each she is shown to block bullets and Spider-Man has been shown to dodge them. In fact he has even caught a bullet. Not to mention Wonder Woman's weakness. I have no idea if she still has it but if she does, she use to lose her powers if her hands are tied behind her back. Spider-Man has a wrist full of webs and tends to tie people up while fighting. So there is a chance of that happening and then she would not be strong enough to break his webs.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Spider-Man fast enough to fight with Superman? I know Wonder Woman is. You're treating her speed like it's only traveling speed. She's much faster than Spider-Man and not just in running speed. Blocking bullets isn't the limit of her speed, it's just something she does all the time. Spider-Man can't lay a hand on her and even if he could, he couldn't hurt her. She's taken punches from Superman while Spider-Man's been knocked out by Venom. You'd have to ask Ms. Invisible about if she still has that weakness, but she's more than strong enough to break webbing (if it even reaches her). How exactly will Spider-Man beat her?

#14 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I know she is not just fast at running speed. But the short here in now thowing and dodging Spider-Man is quicker. And the only reason Wonder Woman is able to keep up with Superman in battle is that she is a much better fight than Superman. Superman sucks when it comes to fighting. As for the webbing she can normally break in no problem. But what I was getting at if she loses her powers she would not be strong and couldn't break it. Also Spider-Man has taken punches from Hulk he can take a hit from Wonder Woman.

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Spider-Man is not quicker. Wonder Woman is often compared to Superman and Flash (obviously not when Flash is doing insane stuff) when it comes to speed. That's so far above Spider-Man's speed that there is no contest. She's even surpassed Superman in speed a few times, and not when running, but during battle. Yes, she's better than him in fighting, but she's still capable of keeping up with (and passing) the speed at which he fights, even if he's not fighting very well. How would Spider-Man get her hands behind her if nothing he does can touch her? And that's if she still has that weakness. He's never taken a punch from a Hulk that was mad/strong enough to move a third of the planet, tow the moon or lift up the Spectre. Never. And on top of the strength of the punch itself, she's capable of doing multiple punches in the same space of time, so it's not just one Earth-shattering punch he's taking.

#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is not as fast or as strong as superman. She never was and never has been. The only reason she has been able to stand up to his is her fighting skills. She can't push planets(and neither can superman for a long time now) and can't do that other stuff. Hulk on the other hand has held up a mountain that was 150 billion tons and has shatter and astroid that was twice the size of the Earth. And yes Spider-Man has taken a punch from him. As for Speed, as I said before Wonder Woman has never been up to Flashes or Superman's level. She is fast but not at their level. Also what I was saying is Spider-Man is quicker due to that he can also move fast enough to avoid bullets but also is able to react to something before something happens.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, Superman and Martian Manhunter once got together and moved Earth. They also moved a moon. Superman and Wonder Woman lifted the Spectre (not an easy task, think Galactus) and Spectre called them "two of the mightiest beings in all the universes." No, I wouldn't say she's as strong as Superman going all out, but she's almost just as strong as he is 90% of the time, and that's more than strong enough to deal with Spider-Man. Just as she's not as strong as Superman going all out, she's not as fast as either him or Flash at their fastest, but she's on their level for the vast majority of their showings. I guess you just don't know enough about DC, but that's the truth. She's got the strength and speed to be ranked up there with Superman and Flash and it's just a fact.

Hulk's strength is not always at it's highest peak. Like I said, Spider-Man has never taken a hit from Hulk when he was strong enough to do the things you've stated (which is still weaker than Wonder Woman, 1/3 of Earth > 150 billion tons).

Wonder Woman is too fast, strong, durable, smart, skilled and well equipped for Spider-Man to stop her.
Post Edited:2007-05-02 00:44:35

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

When has Wonder Woman ever been shown to hold something up that is more than 150 billion tons. And you are correct that I am more of a Marvel fan, but I still know stuff about DC and I know that Wonder Woman is not at thier level. She may keep up with them when they are not trying but not when they put in a little effort. And the things you mention, you have Superman helping her. That is not her doing it on her own.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I never claimed she did it on her own, that's why when I said things about her moving Earth I said one third, since she was one of 3 people. I think you're downplaying it though. She had help moving the Earth. She had help moving a moon. She had help lifting the Spectre. If she's not on their level, why is she consistently shown by their side as they do all these incredible feats? Wouldn't that be the perfect way to say "these characters are on the same level"? There are several times when Flash and Superman need to do something really fast (or something else that shows off their amazing speed) and guess what, Wonder Woman is right there doing exactly what they're doing. Same with strength. There are even times when characters and things in the DC universe compare Wonder Woman to the top people in her world.

You came back to Hulk again so I guess you didn't read this:

Buckshot says:

"Hulk's strength is not always at it's highest peak. Like I said, Spider-Man has never taken a hit from Hulk when he was strong enough to do the things you've stated (which is still weaker than Wonder Woman, 1/3 of Earth > 150 billion tons)."
#20 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read all you said up there yet but let me say that spidey definatly could take her on and win. I don't say he would win more often than wonder woman but I'm 100% sure that if they fight 10 time, spidey would win at the very least once! And about comparing the flash and wonder wonman to superman... there is a limit. Superman is in a league with himself and maybe Galactus. They both may got his speed but that's it. For me superman is the ultimate superhero. And don't get me wrong he's not my favorite but he's, to me, the strongest their is.

#21 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, from reading this thread, it has definitely been a good discussion. I don't know about Spider-Man too much, but I don't think he is stronger than Superman (and in this thread, Wonder Woman's being compared to Superman). Reading the info on Spider-Man's page on Comic Vine, he can lift 25 tons now and Superman can lift 100 tons (reading that on DC Database). They are in different universes, but that doesn't mean that 25 tons beats 100 tons. So okay, if Spider-Man can evade Wonder Woman's punches, I don't see Spider-Man hitting Wonder Woman and damaging her. She can take Superman's punches, I doubt Spider-Man's punches will even scratch her. She could just do the Muhammed Ali thing and tire Spider-Man out. But then again, I don't know Spider-Man's longevity.
Post Edited:2007-05-02 07:32:20

#22 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

You're like that hulk-fan dude. Spider-Man will be swquished by Wonder Woman. Simple as that.

Ask Midnighter, he'll run it through his computer and tell you that out of a million possibilities, Spider-Man comes the victor about once. And that is with extreme luck and Wonder Woman on some shrooms or smthng.

#23 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#24 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay... how does that even work?

#25 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get that either, its just votes...

IGN comics had a voting super-hero bracket, and spider-man beat Thor in it... It just means he is more popular, since he got more votes.

#26 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Okay... how does that even work?"

I think it's just the number of hits or pages that contain that name. You can enter whatever you want and see who "wins."

Staff
#27 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Yes! Another excuse to post one of my favorite Spidey covers! "Wanna bet?!"
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/vol/3000/2127/2127-26071-1-amazing-spider-man-_400.jpg"

Let us never speak of Spidey beating Firelord ever again. (facepalm)

#28 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Okay I've done some scientific research and Spidey just barely wins. Evidence? Go here:
" />http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=spiderman&word2=wonder+woman"

By that logic Paris Hilton could curbstomp Wonder Woman.

#29 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I never claimed she did it on her own, that's why when I said things about her moving Earth I said one third, since she was one of 3 people. I think you're downplaying it though. She had help **moving the Earth**. She had help **moving a moon**. She had help **lifting the Spectre**. If she's not on their level, why is she consistently shown by their side as they do all these incredible feats? Wouldn't that be the perfect way to say "these characters are on the same level"? There are several times when Flash and Superman need to do something really fast (or something else that shows off their amazing speed) and guess what, Wonder Woman is right there doing exactly what they're doing. Same with strength. There are even times when characters and things in the DC universe compare Wonder Woman to the top people in her world. You came back to Hulk again so I guess you didn't read this: Buckshot says:
" Hulk's strength is not always at it's highest peak. Like I said, Spider-Man has never taken a hit from Hulk when he was strong enough to do the things you've stated (which is still weaker than Wonder Woman, 1/3 of Earth > 150 billion tons)."
"
Just because she helped move a planet doesn't mean you can move a third of it. She could have only moved a fourth while Superman did 3/4 or even less maybe. Just becuase she helped doesn't mean that she got that exact precent in moving it. The Hulk lifting the mountain I could back up I don't know how to post pictures but he did it during the Secret Wars. I don't have a picture of the breaking the astroid though but if somebody else does that would be great.
#30 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon says:

"You're like that hulk-fan dude. Spider-Man will be swquished by Wonder Woman. Simple as that. Ask Midnighter, he'll run it through his computer and tell you that out of a million possibilities, Spider-Man comes the victor about once. And that is with extreme luck and Wonder Woman on some shrooms or smthng. 1"
I don't know what that means becuase I am new to the site but I don't think Spider-Man can beat everyone. I know he would not win against Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc. But I do believe that he has a chance against Wonder Woman.
#31 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you're vastly underestimating Wonder Woman. Even if she moved only 1/100 of the planet, that would still be more than Hulk has ever lifted, and like I've said a couple times, Hulk never hit Spider-Man while he was that strong. Saying Spider-Man can survive a punch from a guy who can lift 150 billion tons doesn't really matter if when he was hit, the guy wasn't strong enough to lift 150 billion tons. Do you understand what I'm saying? I know he braced that mountain, but it doesn't change the fact that a) he didn't use that strength when fighting Spider-Man and b) Diana is stronger. I can give you page after page of Wonder Woman displaying her strength(including catching meteors and tossing dragons) and speed, I've only been saying 3 examples of her strength since they are the easiest to measure, but she has many other feats that prove her strength and speed. Do you really think that a woman with the speed of Superman and more strength than Hulk can't beat Spider-Man? You still haven't given a valid strategy for Spider-Man to win either. He doesn't have the speed to hit her, and he doesn't have the strength to hurt her, while she has both.

#32 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok well the Hulk that held up the mountain was not a savage Hulk. So has Spidey been hit with a Hulk that strong? Yes he has. I still have yet to see anything that makes me think Diana is stronger than Hulk. I mean maybe when he 1st turned Hulk is not quite that angrey but besides that I don't see it. For the Speed of Diana, she is not as fast as Superman. She just isn't. Spider-Man is quicker though due to his Spider-Sense allowing him to react before something happens. So he would beable to roll with any punch that makes contact with him making the blow tons less. As for winning, I already mentioned the possible weakness of the webbing of the hands. There is also Spidey using her own wip against her becuase she can't break that. Not to mention Spider-Man does have those stingers now that he could poison her with. There are ways, the won I see happening is Spidey doing a lot of dodging and sneaking around until he can think of a way to beat here like he did against Superboy in the Marvel vs DC.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has not been hit by Hulk when he was strong enough to brace 150 billion tons. If you're so sure that he has, prove it. And you think she's not strong enough?

You say she's not as strong or fast as Superman (even though they often do amazing speed and strength feats side-by-side) but it doesn't get stated more explicitly than right here:

Are you telling me Spider-Man is faster than Superman? He'd have to be in order to dodge Wonder Woman. His webbing can't touch her and neither can he, he just doesn't have that speed. I've already shown you a couple times when she's run alongside Flash and Superman, she's too fast for him. She's bathed in lava, been set on fire by dragons, been punched from space to Earth, had all her flesh removed, etc, etc, and been able to get back up after all of that. Nothing Spider-Man can do (if he could even tag her) is going to put her down. She's thrown objects that have caught speedsters (ex: her tiara has hit Superman several times). If she can hit Superman before he can dodge, she can easily do the same to Spider-Man. You just don't appreciate Wonder Woman's abilities.

#34 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok the only one of those that is truly impressive is the one where she catches the astroid ship thing. The pulling the Earth doesn't show anything. If Spider-Man was out there with them pulling on the lasso does that mean he can pull 1/4 of the Earth's weight? Making Superman off balence and taking a cheap shot at Hercules isn't really impressive either. The Spectre one is the next most impressive one but not something that garuntees a victory. I still yet to see anywhere that shows superman stuggling and Wonder Woman keeping up with him?

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

You're being foolish. Why is it so hard for you to accept that Wonder Woman has god-like strength? She has the strength of Gaea (greater than Hercules, who could lift the Earth) so why would she be unable to move a third of the planet? Why are you trying to downplay her abilities? In the comic with Superman, she also knocks him out of the city and into a river (which is why he comes back and knocks her to the ground like she is at the start of the page shown), that wasn't "knocking him off balance", it was a straight up hit. You also overlooked her throwing Fing Fang Foom. The punch at Hercules wasn't a "cheap shot". He was fully aware that they were fighting and he got punched in the face, and not only that, she puts him down and pins him. And I notice that you totally ignored the last two pages where Wonder Woman and Superman are showed to be on the same strength, speed and invulnerability level. How will he overcome her speed? How will he overcome her durability? How will he overcome her stamina? How will he deliver more damage than she can fight through? How will he survive getting his head cut off by her tiara? How will he avoid her lasso (which has caught people like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Flash)? How will he survive getting his head punched in by someone with Superman's strength? I'm getting tired of people ignoring what is so painfully obvious.

#36 Posted by king_pin (13 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey fan..there is no way spiderman can beat wonder woman

#37 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I am still not convinced that she is superman strong and fast. I am not saying she isn't strong or fast becuse she is but she is not as strong as you claim her to be. Like I said I don't think it would be an easy victory for Spider-Man or that he would win everytime if the fought 10 times. It could be closer to 5/10 or maybe even less.I just don't think you are giving Spidey enough credit in this fight. Because it is very possible for him to win.

#38 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman621 says:

"I am still not convinced that she is superman strong and fast. I am not saying she isn't strong or fast becuse she is but she is not as strong as you claim her to be."

What is it about her mirroring Superman's feats of strength and speed that you don't get? What is so hard to understand about them being at the same level?

How are you going to look at that and tell me they're not even close? Really though, she doesn't need to be. Rhino, the slowest and dumbest of Spidey's foes, who is widely considered a joke, has put Peter down at least once.

spiderman621 says:

"Like I said I don't think it would be an easy victory for Spider-Man or that he would win everytime if the fought 10 times. It could be closer to 5/10 or maybe even less.I just don't think you are giving Spidey enough credit in this fight. Because it is very possible for him to win."

Buckshot says:

"How will he overcome her speed? How will he overcome her durability? How will he overcome her stamina? How will he deliver more damage than she can fight through? How will he survive getting his head cut off by her tiara? How will he avoid her lasso (which has caught people like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Flash)? How will he survive getting his head punched in by someone with Superman's strength? I'm getting tired of people ignoring what is so painfully obvious."
#39 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman has been shown several times to be Superman's equal in Speed and Strength... the only thing she has over him is a warriors spirit...

Wonder Woman has the speed and strengh to take down spiderman on her own... if she does need to resort to weapons she has quite a arsanal available to her... her lasso of truth, unbreakable and forces the wearer to tell the truth... Tiarra... thrown weapon, made of the same meatal as her sword, as such i'm assuming it has the same properties...

Sword, unbreakable, forced by hephistus, can carve the electrons off an atom, can even cut superman... you can't tell me that Spiderman would be able to stand up to things like this?

there is nothing Spiderman can bring to the battle that she can't equal, or flat out over bid...

easy win to Wonder Woman.

i know these pages are taken from Kingdom Come, but that book is rapidly turning into full continuity... if everything in the DCU keeps happening as the timeline suggests Kingdom Come will be continuity in a few years...

M

#40 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree totally. One thing though, how dumb is Superman? I mean, he knows magic hurts him and everything Diana has is magic, so why the hell would he pick up her sword and hold it like that?

#41 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Superman was never shown to be perticulary smart when it came to magic...

he keeps arguing with Batman, even though he knows that Batman is closer allied with Wonder Woman and Zatanna... hell even the phantom stranger could take superman down lol

magic may seem childs play to some of the big guns of the DCU, but even a stray magic fireball from Zatanna or Fate could kill superman... sobering thought about the mighteist hero of the DCU isn't it?

M

#42 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Good thing Spider-Man wouldn't be shooting bullets at her. She does outclass him in speed and strength but she does get beaten quite a bit. Maybe Spidey coult *think* of a way. He could always tie her up. She seemed to be really into that in the past. "

is it me or is that just funny, great pic, im suprise magneto did not comment on it

upon looking at the points, spiderman621 great work....

i agree, that wonderwoman is not all that... she strong, but lets get for real, at one time or another a hero get s called the mightest or greatest or strongest..etc.. and even worst they have been beat 100 times before that title comes along, by far weaker and lamer guys/villians/heros.

its funny how people can find a pic/panel out of a comic, (how many comics have been made?) that shows there point, i mean everyone can do that(find a pic to support their cause) and we all end up at point a agian.

spiderman did beat superboy, by using his brain, but beat superboy never the less. I dont see wonderwoman macting hulk, and about the whole anger level, slap him once and go from there...we can never really measure how strong he may be at even given time,

i will look up and research spidey reaction time, it amazing..lol,

as far as who would win.. spidey wins, why? he has the mouth, and diana has a temper, than rivals zeus, along with the pride of hades, not to mention she is very competive. He would make comments that would tick her off, and for a warrior she makes them alot when shes gets mad...

#43 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're going to tell me that despite being able to hang with Superman and run with Flash and despite there being proof written as clearly as possible, Wonder Woman is not only significantly weaker and slower than Superman is shown to be on average, but she is so much weaker that she can be taken out by SPIDER-MAN? And then you're going to tell me that because Spider-Man got more fan votes than Superboy, he's actually capable of beating him?

#44 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

ahhhh gotta love all the bias for spider-man

#45 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Well when he beat superboy, it was clearly a smart move, (who cares about votes, the issues here is not votes but what happen, we undersatnd that votes are the reason, but if superboy was cool maybe it would have not went that way)

the point is he use his webs to make him sticky, superboy be cocky flew all into it, the shock along with the water did him in....even you know that!

you also know that ww has a attudies and it gets the better of her, along with being highly competive. With spider man mocking her she will break.. but thats "imo" base off what all the comics have shown.... from ww to spiderman.

sigh as the guy said define proof, am not for nor aginst here. It just that all your so called points try to support your facts, spiderman621 even says the same as i feel to a point, they really prove nothing...

come do you really feel ww macthes supes in power, the only thing shes has is fightskilll, that its.

as far as her fighting spiderman, i say this, if you put one of the old comics version of her agianst him she may just very well lose, if you put a new age version of her, who knows....

if you reverese it and use spiderman... he one of the few heros, who powers had not been revamp or upgraded(minus teh whole death and coming back with stingers and stuff, He been spiderman period...

If i really wanted i could more than easly blog a pages down with pic,narrtives from old comics even modern that show either case, especalliy wonderwoman weakness and not being strong as sups.

The truth is the wriiters are capable of beating whoever, that the reason some of these things come up...

THIS IS ABOUT SPIDERMAN AND WONDERWOMAN....why does she always have to be measure to superman to make a point, this point along annoy mme somewhat, can we not state her merits without comparing her to him...

also i my computer had just downloaded the kindgom come thing, if she was so bad as it seems a-1 strengt, a-2 flight, why did she not figth shazam, why did not rally the heros of old....kingdom come is not a good expamle to use "IMO"

superman is not dumb, he does the right thing, to the best of his ablities, it easy to mock him and call him dumb, but i doubt people even carry themself the way he does...( a little nick and hes dumb....)

they give him a weakness and the "RATS" jump all over him...

Come on give the sups a break, have you ever sat down and compared those 50'60'70'80'90'00 comics books, "imo" if you did there would be no need to call the guy dumb especally when it comes to magic.. same applies to wonderwoman/spiderman

but as always writters have to sell....

#46 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"Well when he beat superboy, it was clearly a smart move, (who cares about votes, the issues here is not votes but what happen, we undersatnd that votes are the reason, but if superboy was cool maybe it would have not went that way)the point is he use his webs to make him sticky, superboy be cocky flew all into it, the shock along with the water did him in....even you know that!
"If superboy was cool..." Exactly. It was all about popularity and not actual powers or skill. A simple super speed punch (which is totally in character for him seeing that he's usually rushing into things like you said) would have ended it seeing as he would have been able to hit him before he could move, let alone shoot webs; but that doesn't make a good story, especially when Spider-Man is the one they want to win.
you also know that ww has a attudies and it gets the better of her, along with being highly competive. With spider man mocking her she will break.. but thats "imo" base off what all the comics have shown.... from ww to spiderman.
Just like with Superboy, if Wonder Woman just rushed him there'd be nothing he could do. You'd either have to exaggerate Spider-Man's speed or downplay Wonder Woman's to think otherwise. There would be no time for Spider-Man to mock her or even open his mouth before Wonder Woman's fist broke his jaw or her lasso closed around him. And even if the fight took more than the second it would, Wonder Woman was made for combat. She's a clear thinker and wouldn't be stumbled by Spider-Man's diversions.
sigh as the guy said define proof, am not for nor aginst here. It just that all your so called points try to support your facts, spiderman621 even says the same as i feel to a point, they really prove nothing...
Define proof? If you don't know what "proof" is should you really be debating anything?
come do you really feel ww macthes supes in power, the only thing shes has is fightskilll, that its.
If she doesn't match him in power, why do they consistently write her that way, doing what he can do and fighting him evenly?
as far as her fighting spiderman, i say this, if you put one of the old comics version of her agianst him she may just very well lose, if you put a new age version of her, who knows....if you reverese it and use spiderman... he one of the few heros, who powers had not been revamp or upgraded(minus teh whole death and coming back with stingers and stuff, He been spiderman period...If i really wanted i could more than easly blog a pages down with pic,narrtives from old comics even modern that show either case, especalliy wonderwoman weakness and not being strong as sups.The truth is the wriiters are capable of beating whoever, that the reason some of these things come up...
Characters are written up and down so of course you could find anything you want, but the vast majority of what Wonder Woman does puts her heads and shoulders above Spider-Man.
THIS IS ABOUT SPIDERMAN AND WONDERWOMAN....why does she always have to be measure to superman to make a point, this point along annoy mme somewhat, can we not state her merits without comparing her to him...
Since Superman is a firmly fixed as physically superior to most everyone and he's someone that spiderman621whatever (hopefully) understands is easily capable of beating Spider-Man, I'm using him as a gauge. If Superman can beat Spider-Man and Wonder Woman shares his stats, then logically Wonder Woman can beat Spider-Man.
also i my computer had just downloaded the kindgom come thing, if she was so bad as it seems a-1 strengt, a-2 flight, why did she not figth shazam, why did not rally the heros of old....kingdom come is not a good expamle to use "IMO"
Talk to Methos.
superman is not dumb, he does the right thing, to the best of his ablities, it easy to mock him and call him dumb, but i doubt people even carry themself the way he does...( a little nick and hes dumb....)they give him a weakness and the "RATS" jump all over him...Come on give the sups a break, have you ever sat down and compared those 50'60'70'80'90'00 comics books, "imo" if you did there would be no need to call the guy dumb especally when it comes to magic.. same applies to wonderwoman/spidermanbut as always writters have to sell....
It was a joke made because he was doing something that would obviously result in him getting hurt, get over it. I still haven't gotten answers to my questions. How will he overcome her speed? How will he overcome her durability? How will he overcome her stamina? How will he deliver more damage than she can fight through? How will he survive getting his head cut off by her tiara? How will he avoid her lasso (which has caught people like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Flash)? How will he survive getting his head punched in by someone with Superman's strength?"

Post Edited:2007-05-03 13:26:35

#47 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk to Methos.

right...

firstly i only used kindgom come because i felt it showed the weapons that diana had at her disposal well... if you want to ignore that one feel free...

ok, let's play thiss fight out... wonder woman and spiderman walk into a room on opposite sides ready to fight...

what's spiderman's first move? shoot a web at diana? right... first off, how strong are those web's of his? are they strong enough to hold diana? i assume not because Doc Oc has snapped them before, if metal arms can snap them, then diana's arms (Which can hold superman in place) would be able to snap them easily...

is he going to dive at her and try and wrestle her to the ground? ain't going to happen, ignoring the strength and speed issue for the time being... Diana is a warrior trained by the amazons... no matter how much training or skill spiderman has to his name, he can't match a warrior trained to amazon levels of combat.

wonder woman has more weapons at her disposal than just her speed and strength... she was trained as a warrior and has her sword, tiarra and lasso to back her up.

Wonder Woman has an attitude? can soemone show me proof of this please? she may be a bit hot headed at times, but when it comes down to the fight, she's trained to think about the battle and (the same way batman does) run simulations in her head to match possible outcomes... it's called stratagy, any warror is trained in it. she was trained by the amazons, possibly the best army in the world... can spiderman match upto that?

M

#48 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright well I have mentioned how Spider-Man can get around her. His webs could hold her if he get his hands around her back. He also has his stingers that could break into her skin and inject poison into her. Not to mention Spider-Man is much stronger than you give him credit for. Yeah he may not beable to lift a mountain but he can give out the hits. Also the other thing is you guys are making Spider-Man look dumb in a fight. You have him going stright at her which is not his style. We were look liking at the Superboy fight he went into hiding and got his hits in when needed. This would be the same thing he would be hiding in coners then when she doesn't expect it he attacks. Of course he is going to be toying we her making jokes getting her frustraited that the Amazon Princess can't crush a bug.
Post Edited:2007-05-03 12:47:58

#49 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of just rewriting everything I've already said, I'm just going to word it as simply as I can. Wonder Woman can survive any damage Spider-Man could deliver while Spider-Man would go down after one strike. That's not even looking at speed or fighting ability.

#50 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman621 says:

" Of course he is going to be toying we her making jokes getting her frustraited that the Amazon Princess can't crush a bug.
Post Edited:2007-05-03 12:47:58"

That's the only defense you give Spider-Man that you keep stressing on... what happens if WW doesn't get frustrated? She doesn't all the time.
Post Edited:2007-05-03 13:32:35