Spider-Man vs The Amazing Spider-Man

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Now, I'm not talking about the movies, I'm talking about the versions of Spider-Man that were represented in them. What would happen if Tobey Maguire's Spidey fought Andrew Garfield's in a one-on-one fight set in the version of New York from the original trilogy? Here are a couple of ground rules:
- For starters, try not to let your opinion be biased on which movies you think are better or which actor you like more, base it on the skills they've shown and weaknesses they've shown, etc.

- Both versions of Spidey are in character
- No Prep
- Set in New York (like the first part says, although, let's say there are no civilians)

Who would win? Also, let me know if there's any information you think I still need to mention. 3...2...1... Go!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheVivas  Online

This has probably been done before.

But I'll actually go with Tobey's Spidey for now.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Tobey

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By gokuss4z

Tobey Spiderman.

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if I may interject on my own post

Like @leo-343 said, Garfield's Spidey is smarter, he actually created his own web-shooters and demonstrated his intelligence in other scenarios. He certainly does seem to be faster considering he managed to pull people's hands away from that metal railing while Electro's electricity was moving through it rapidly as well as catching all those tubes of whatever it was at the beginning of the second movie, and dodging all those bullets from Aleksei at the beginning. Not sure about agility, but considering that he seemed to move into more abstract poses, I'd give that to him. With the webs, as far as I remember, Tobey only created lines a net and a break (for that train). Garfield did about the same, but he also used it with his speed to contain his enemies (e.g. The Lizard) and to make that slingshot at the end of the first movie to propel him out of the crane. On top of that, he's definitely more confident as Spider-Man and his Spider-Sense doesn't seem to fail as much as Tobey's did (there were multiple scenarios where it should have warned him about danger, but it didn't). In terms of Strength, I'd give that to Tobey, considering that he has shown greater physical strength.

In addition, Garfield's version seems to be a lot more resourceful.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultinuc said:

Well, if I may interject on my own post

Like @leo-343 said, Garfield's Spidey is smarter, he actually created his own web-shooters and demonstrated his intelligence in other scenarios. He certainly does seem to be faster considering he managed to pull people's hands away from that metal railing while Electro's electricity was moving through it rapidly as well as catching all those tubes of whatever it was at the beginning of the second movie, and dodging all those bullets from Aleksei at the beginning. Not sure about agility, but considering that he seemed to move into more abstract poses, I'd give that to him. With the webs, as far as I remember, Tobey only created lines a net and a break (for that train). Garfield did about the same, but he also used it with his speed to contain his enemies (e.g. The Lizard) and to make that slingshot at the end of the first movie to propel him out of the crane. On top of that, he's definitely more confident as Spider-Man and his Spider-Sense doesn't seem to fail as much as Tobey's did (there were multiple scenarios where it should have warned him about danger, but it didn't). In terms of Strength, I'd give that to Tobey, considering that he has shown greater physical strength.

In addition, Garfield's version seems to be a lot more resourceful.

creating his own web shooters doesn't make him smarter. tobey didn't have to create his own webshooters because he already had them. tobey seems to be a lot stronger. however, asm 2 spidey is fast as heck. that lightning feat was pure pis. he was able to outpace electricity and save other people at the same time. that is close to superman and flash level speed. since it's in the movie, it's cannon. i will give it to tobey. he was able to stop a moving train.

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: The creators of the movie said that they gave him natural webs because they didn't think it would be possible for a teenager to create the webbing. That implies that Tobey's Spider-Man isn't as intelligent. Also, as for the train feat, that was more about his webbing. The first time he did it, they all snapped, so he added more, and afterwards, he was almost completely out. Speed is a bit more of a decisive factor than strength is.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Amazing

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By christianrapper

@ultinuc said:

@christianrapper: The creators of the movie said that they gave him natural webs because they didn't think it would be possible for a teenager to create the webbing. That implies that Tobey's Spider-Man isn't as intelligent. Also, as for the train feat, that was more about his webbing. The first time he did it, they all snapped, so he added more, and afterwards, he was almost completely out. Speed is a bit more of a decisive factor than strength is.

of course he was completely out...he stoppped a train. he also used his body and strength as well. that's one heck of a feat if u think about it. that train was completely out of control, and he stopped it without it tearing his body in 2. a train weighs hundreds of tons. the people in the train probably have a combined weight of about 10, 000 pounds, too. plus u have to count the speed that it was traveling. that strength level is even above pre brand new day peter. that lightning feat in asm2 is also way above any speed feat that the comic book spidey has done. i give it to tobey because he is more developed, and is a grown man at the time. ii's still close. in asm 2 i had no sense that spidey ever was in danger of losing any of his fights. he handled them with ease. i will give it to tobey in a close battle 6 out of 10. an argument can be made that these 2 could beat their comic book counterpart.

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: My point about him being out is that while he is stronger, it took everything out of him for him to accomplish it.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey Spider-Man.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultinuc said:

@christianrapper: My point about him being out is that while he is stronger, it took everything out of him for him to accomplish it.

i knew what u meant. however, the point is that he still had just stopped a train weighing many many tons moving pretty quicly. he used all of his power and strength. he did recover pretty quickly though. it's not like he was out for a couple of days.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tobey was much stronger then Andrew and fought stronger enemies as well.

I like Tobey better, he is classic.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Garfield. Waaaaay too fast.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INB4 @monsterstomp says "Tobey couldn't even punch through Reinforced Glass"

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The main reason TAS Spiderman isn't as strong as Tobey's is the same reason Ultimate Spiderman isn't as strong as regular 616 Spiderman:he's young,his powers aren't fully developed.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonsterStomp

@foolsgold said:

Ts. Neither can do sh*t to each other.

Tobey can't even knock Doc TFO and he was only human.

Garfield cracked reinforced glass, but that's it.

Regardless, both of their durability exceeds both of their damage output by a mile.

STALEMATE!

No Caption Provided

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FoolsGold

@foolsgold said:

Regardless, both of their durability exceeds both of their damage output by a mile.

STALEMATE!

No Caption Provided

:

:/

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: Its a sad truth.

Doctor Octopus' was given plot induced superhuman durability for the film and you know it :p

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going for Tobey Spiderman.. He has more combat experience compared to Garfield and Surpasses him in terms of Strength and Durability.. ASM spidey is more resourceful yes.But it wont really help unless prep time is involved

By resourcefulness, I mean he'd be able to think on his feet better than Tobey could, allowing him to better use the environment around him

KnowYourEnemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey's was stronger but Andrew's was faster.

Speed > Strength.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey is the real OG. He wins by default.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@foolsgold said:

STALEMATE!

No Caption Provided

Though it could be explained that Tobey was holding back, not wanting to hurt Doc to badly (Like his Comic counterpart as you know). He as other really impressive strength feats that show what he's truly capable of (*Cough* Train *Cough*). Not to mention the Durability!

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Namor_Curry

It hurts every fiber of my being to say that Tobey Spider-Man wins anything. But he does... I'll admit it here...

No Caption Provided

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone honestly enlighten me as to why everyone says that Tobey would win? I really don't get it.

ClassicRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey Spider-Man.

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey. Better strength (train or warehouse wall) agility (saving Gwen, fight on train), h2h (fights with Harry), and durability (sandman, took an explosion to the face)

mr_annihilate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By mr_annihilate

Garfield's Spidy If Tobey has black suit tobey

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By synchronized_123

Tobey.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey Spidey, always

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobey is stronger, but Garfield is faster. He wins a majority.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield stomps

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield blitzes lol

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield is still strong lol people act like Tobey gonna 1 shot him

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield's Spider-Man wins. Smarter and faster. I don't see how Tobey can win.