Spider-Man VS. Superman

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ferro Vida: Okay let's look at this clearly. Superman's rogue's gallery includes... Toyman, Brainiac, Lex Luthor, Parasite, Intergang, etc... None of these guys are considerably powerful in any stretch of the imagination, yet they still manage to be a threat to Superman. Spider-Man has fought The Juggernaught, The Hulk, Speedfreak, The Fantastic Four and various other super powerful foes and held his own. NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART. SPIDER-MAN CAN'T BEAT SUPERMAN. BUT, HIS POWER SET IS UNIQUE. UNIQUE ENOUGH THAT HE CAN CATCH SUPERMAN OFF GUARD WITH A SET OFF POWERS THAT HE HASN'T SEEN TOGETHER BEFORE.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By The_Martian

Why would anybody bump this?

Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

Come on! This is just mean to Spidey... =( I don't think there are many (if any) versions of Supes that the best version of Spider-Man could take on....... Just no...

I love Spider-Man - he's my fave....... this is just as bad as the Superman vs. Dark Phoenix or Beyonder threads. Horrible. 

@Nobody said:

" Why would anybody bump this? "

lol idk
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Ferro Vida: Okay let's look at this clearly. Superman's rogue's gallery includes... Toyman, Brainiac, Lex Luthor, Parasite, Intergang, etc... None of these guys are considerably powerful in any stretch of the imagination, yet they still manage to be a threat to Superman. Spider-Man has fought The Juggernaught, The Hulk, Speedfreak, The Fantastic Four and various other super powerful foes and held his own. NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART. SPIDER-MAN CAN'T BEAT SUPERMAN. BUT, HIS POWER SET IS UNIQUE. UNIQUE ENOUGH THAT HE CAN CATCH SUPERMAN OFF GUARD WITH A SET OFF POWERS THAT HE HASN'T SEEN TOGETHER BEFORE. "
None of them are physical threats to Superman. Guys like Mongul, Doomsday, and Darkseid are.

Spider-man beat the Juggernaut and tricking him into walking into a pool of wet cement. He beat Grey Hulk once via BFR. Speedfreak is one of the most inconsistent characters ever, and the only time Spidey fought the FF was before Invisible Woman's power upgrade and when they weren't expecting him, and he didn't even win. As soon as it began turning against him he stopped the fight. None of them are nearly as fast Superman; no one Spidey has fought is as fast as Superman. Not to mention that two of the guys you cited are absolute idiots, something that Clark Kent is not.

Spider-man can lift/press ten tons under optimal conditions. That isn't even enough to make Superman wince.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Aronmorales

Sorry Spidey, but I've gotta give this to the Man of Steel.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Night Thrasher

I never said spider-man would win. I merely suggested that maybe being different can give him an element of suprise (i.e. the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets. Nobody in the ACC ran the triple option so when they started using it they kept teams off guard with a style they haven't seen before, thus winning two straight ACC titles). AN ELEMENT OF SUPRISE, THAT'S ALL.

mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mattbryce2000

As much as i love Spiderman, Spidey is WAY outmatched and wouldn't stand a chance. We all know that Superman would punch Spidey to another planet. I don't think that Spideys unique style would do much. Superman's just too fast and too strong. Personally Superman is overpowered even for a superhero.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
AN ELEMENT OF SUPRISE
Would do him no good. At all. Ever.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
AN ELEMENT OF SUPRISE
Would do him no good. At all. Ever. "
How do you surprise someone who can smell brownies in North Dakota form the Moon? Or hear conversations form a continent away?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Lunacyde said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
AN ELEMENT OF SUPRISE
Would do him no good. At all. Ever. "
How do you surprise someone who can smell brownies in North Dakota form the Moon? Or hear conversations form a continent away? "
That
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Night Thrasher

The same way you surprise a precog

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Ziro

Just awful...
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Night Thrasher said:
" The same way you surprise a precog "
Poor writing?
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Night Thrasher

The Superman fanboys are getting to an all time annoying level. Of course Superman would win. But here's what i'm saying. Initially Spider-Man can hold his own. He is a limited precog (ever heard of a spider sense), he does have reflexes on par with anyone, and he can match strength with The Thing. Put this together then MAYBE Supes doesn't land on the first blow and Spidey can get a few in before the stomp. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Night Thrasher: Clear, but wrong.

Spider-Man has 10 ton strength. Don't get it wrong. Just because he can fight Thing and Hulk doesn't mean he is anywhere in their strength range.

Superman is faster than light. Even with his precog if Superman wanted to tag Spider-man ther eis nothing Spider-Man can do about it. Superman pulls planets and destroys moons. if Superman wants to he kills him in less than a second. Spider-Man CANNOT survive a full out blow from Superman.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
" The Superman fanboys are getting to an all time annoying level. Of course Superman would win. But here's what i'm saying. Initially Spider-Man can hold his own. He is a limited precog (ever heard of a spider sense), he does have reflexes on par with anyone, and he can match strength with The Thing. Put this together then MAYBE Supes doesn't land on the first blow and Spidey can get a few in before the stomp. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? "
I knew what you were trying to say. What you need to understand is that you are wrong about it. Just because he has a Spider-sense does not mean he has the speed to react to an attack, and considering Wolverine has tagged him in a straight up fight, I'm pretty sure someone who can move at several times the speed of sound should have no problem here. Spidey hasn't "matched strength with the Thing." The Thing can lift 80 tons to Peter's 10, and Ben Grimm is a lot slower than Superman. If Superman is not holding back, then Spidey won't even know what hit him before he dies. He blink, and half-way before his eyes open again he will be dead. Is that clear enough for you?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

NOTE: I am not a Superman fanboy :)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Lunacyde said:
" NOTE: I am not a Superman fanboy :) "
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Night Thrasher

Amazing #1 Spider-Man takes on the entire Fantastic Four. I know that it wasn't really a battle but I believe Grimm commented on his strength. Now here is the point, I think this is an interesting battle. The outcome is clear, the execution is not. I don't think that super speed is the deciding factor. Strength, flight, that heat vision thingy, maybe the ice breath are problems for spider-man, but the speed is not. Spidey's reaction time to the speed can hold him off for the initial attacks, and his strength and agility may allow him to get in a few blows, but after that it's a stomp.

NerdAlert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NerdAlert

Superman would own Spiderman. That fight would be so one sided it wouldn't be funny. As far as the cool vote goes...well I would have said Spiderman but that was before one day more. After that series Spiderman became a joke. I mean c'mon why the hell would you loose your super hot wife so your aunt can live like another six months. Superman FTW!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Night Thrasher said:
" Amazing #1 Spider-Man takes on the entire Fantastic Four. I know that it wasn't really a battle but I believe Grimm commented on his strength. Now here is the point, I think this is an interesting battle. The outcome is clear, the execution is not. I don't think that super speed is the deciding factor. Strength, flight, that heat vision thingy, maybe the ice breath are problems for spider-man, but the speed is not. Spidey's reaction time to the speed can hold him off for the initial attacks, and his strength and agility may allow him to get in a few blows, but after that it's a stomp. "
Ugh......facepalm....Spider-Man CANNOT react in time to a speed blitz by Superman....he CAN NOT!!!!
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
" Amazing #1 Spider-Man takes on the entire Fantastic Four. I know that it wasn't really a battle but I believe Grimm commented on his strength.
That was the same point in history where The Thing was weak enough to be one-punched by Iron Fist.

@Night Thrasher said:
"Spidey's reaction time to the speed can hold him off for the initial attacks
Spidey has been tagged by Wolverine, Daredevil, and Captain America. His Spider-sense wouldn't even have time to warn him of Superman's approach.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Spider-Man's reflexes are 15x that of a normal human NOWHERE near where they would have to be to deal with someone FTL. Spider-Man would be lucky to tag Quicksilver consistently.

mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Night Thrasher:

Superman has about 40 different ways to kill Spider-man instantly. This isn't a fight. It's Spidey dying. Badly. Give me one reason Superman won't uppercut Spidey into the sun.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@mattbryce2000 said:
" @Night Thrasher: Superman has about 40 different ways to kill Spider-man instantly. This isn't a fight. It's Spidey dying. Badly. Give me one reason Superman won't uppercut Spidey into the sun. "
I'll give you 3. 

Spider-Man is a super hero and believes in justice, and since neither man would have a logical reason to even dislike each other they become friends and allies. 

Spider-Man can't do a damned thing to Superman even IF they were to become enemies, so Superman would instead just casually wind Spidey and lock him away in a super prison. 

Spider-Man owes him money. =p
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Ultimate Magneto:

lol. All fair points, but this is supposed to be an all out battle, so one and two don't really count. But i did forget about the money Spidey owes.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Night Thrasher
@mattbryce2000: I'm not saying Spidey would win. Where did I say that. I just said that first punch MIGHT not go to Superman. Spidey's reflexes and agility might give 60 seconds. But for some reason you guys can't comprehend that.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Night Thrasher said:
" @mattbryce2000: I'm not saying Spidey would win. Where did I say that. I just said that first punch MIGHT not go to Superman. Spidey's reflexes and agility might give 60 seconds. But for some reason you guys can't comprehend that. "
I fully comprehend what you're saying, I'm just not seeing Superman being in any way phased by this. The ONLY way he'd be in ANYWAY taken off guard is if he politely walked up to Spidey and said, "Hey! Got the time?" and Spidey dove over Supes and shot him with webbing, then kicked at him...... That would take roughly 2.49 seconds judging from my Spidey knowledge.... And then Superman would laugh causing Metropolis to cave in on itself. 

The Justice League then set out to avenge the dead of the city and to bring Supes to justice....... (I don't even know why I went off in that tangent, but it felt right.)
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ultimate Magneto: you think too highly of superman. he outclasses street-levelers like spidey, but not as much as you imagine. He is in a sense a glorified street-leveler himself.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Night Thrasher: .... Do you ever KNOW what you're talking about? Do you honestly know what Superman can do, or are you basing this off of the animated series or something?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Night Thrasher: Except the fact he can move planets, destroy moons, fly faster than the speed of light, and survive an explosion equal to a thousands nukes.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Ultimate Magneto: you think too highly of superman. he outclasses street-levelers like spidey, but not as much as you imagine. He is in a sense a glorified street-leveler himself. "
... You have never read a Superman comic, have you? He has pulled the planet Earth on two occasions, and can fly fast enough to escape a black hole.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

This thread is painful to read.
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Night Thrasher:
superman runs faster than light, can throw entire continents around, can fly through space for months and can melt steel with his freaking eyes. spidey has some good moves against normal enemies like rhino or thing, but he doesnt have any way to avoid or evade superman at all, ever, not even for second. superman would just blitz and it's over. no amount of precognition or preparation could help him.  
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Night Thrasher

LOL... just to get a rise out of people. It's not that serious. Listen to yourselves. You are jumping down my throat b/c I don't believe Superman would beat  Spider-Man in .00000000000000000001 secs, like the rest of you. I think maybe Parker can hold his own for about 30-45 secs. Is that really a sin? Am I that wrong? Am I wrong at all? How long would Batman last? How about Batman against Spider-Man? How long would that last? What about the Silver Surfer? By your logic, the Surfer would take out supes in .0000000000000000005 secs. Think about it. Don't overclass a character to make a point. Supes is more powerful than Spider-Man yes, but logically Clark isn't going full steam ahead on first sight. That's where the element of surprise comes in.

mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Ultimate Magneto:
and that would make sense 
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#87  Edited By mavfan626

spiderman wins fame wise but come on superman wins easy

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@mattbryce2000 said:

" @Night Thrasher: superman runs faster than light, can throw entire continents around, can fly through space for months and can melt steel with his freaking eyes. spidey has some good moves against normal enemies like rhino or thing, but he doesnt have any way to avoid or evade superman at all, ever, not even for second. superman would just blitz and it's over. no amount of precognition or preparation could help him.   "

Actually, allow me to set up a scenario with prep-time involved.

Spider-Man contacts Johnny Storm and gets in touch with Reed Richards. They device a machine that can hurt beings of immense power, even cosmic level beings simply by being in the vicinity. Spidey takes this device and visits Dr. Strange and spends ten years practicing magic, mostly focusing on telepathic assaults and forcefield making. Spider-Man then travels to Latveria with Squirrel Girl's assistance and gets permission to use Doom's time machine. From there, Spidey attacks Superman when he's about 10 years old. BAM! Spidey wins.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Night Thrasher said:
" LOL... just to get a rise out of people. It's not that serious. Listen to yourselves. You are jumping down my throat b/c I don't believe Superman would beat  Spider-Man in .00000000000000000001 secs, like the rest of you. I think maybe Parker can hold his own for about 30-45 secs. Is that really a sin? Am I that wrong? Am I wrong at all? How long would Batman last? How about Batman against Spider-Man? How long would that last? What about the Silver Surfer? By your logic, the Surfer would take out supes in .0000000000000000005 secs. Think about it. Don't overclass a character to make a point. Supes is more powerful than Spider-Man yes, but logically Clark isn't going full steam ahead on first sight. That's where the element of surprise comes in. "
You called Superman a glorified street leveler lol....I am just sorry we have to correct your apparent ignorance. Yes, Superman may not thrash Parker in 2 seconds just because of his personality, but if he was trying to hurt Spider-Man he would before Spidey even knew it.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ferro Vida:  Actually i'm reading Superman v2 # 221 right now
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Night Thrasher:
you've totally twisted everything anyone has said. superman is my least favorite superhero of all time but that doesn't change the fact that spidey would be gone. instantly. there are holes in your perception of superman.
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Ultimate Magneto:
throw in the infinity gauntlet and you may have a plan there  : P
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Night Thrasher
@mattbryce2000: No holes in my perception... I know he's not just barreling in full guns. That's how Spidey gets first blow. If he did then he's a poor strategist. Think if he did against that Darkseid, Silver Surfer, a Green Lantern, Firestorm, or Wonder Woman. Instant loss. There is a full barrel attack and there is a sloppy strategy. A full power attack on Spider-Man kills him quicker than instantly, but he won't see that right away. There's no flaw there. It's common sense.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@mattbryce2000 said:
" @Ultimate Magneto: throw in the infinity gauntlet and you may have a plan there  : P "
Nah, IG would just be flat out mean towards Supes from the way I gather. =3 But seriously, stating Supes is a glorified street leveler is just trying to bait people... =\
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Ultimate Magneto: i know that's why i did it
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Night Thrasher said:
" @mattbryce2000: No holes in my perception... I know he's not just barreling in full guns. That's how Spidey gets first blow. If he did then he's a poor strategist. Think if he did against that Darkseid, Silver Surfer, a Green Lantern, Firestorm, or Wonder Woman. Instant loss. There is a full barrel attack and there is a sloppy strategy. A full power attack on Spider-Man kills him quicker than instantly, but he won't see that right away. There's no flaw there. It's common sense. "

it isn't sloppy strategy to steamroll an enemy that doesnt have a fraction of your power. the only way spidey get the first hit in is if superman was just taunting him. maybe he just wants spidey to break his hand. the moment superman decided to fight spidey dies.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Night Thrasher said:
" @mattbryce2000: No holes in my perception... I know he's not just barreling in full guns. That's how Spidey gets first blow. If he did then he's a poor strategist. Think if he did against that Darkseid, Silver Surfer, a Green Lantern, Firestorm, or Wonder Woman. Instant loss. There is a full barrel attack and there is a sloppy strategy. A full power attack on Spider-Man kills him quicker than instantly, but he won't see that right away. There's no flaw there. It's common sense. "
Spidey would break his fist.
mattbryce2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By mattbryce2000
@Lunacyde:
yep.  
by the way, professor x is very hard to get to
Lunacyde