• 150 results
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

Peter Parker vs Otto Octavius. Is the heart and experience of Parker enough to overcome the brutality and intelligence of he who calls himself superior?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Honestly Superior should win. He has all of Peter's experience, skill, powers and intelligence but in combination with his own intelligence, improved standard gear and laxed morals. This is basically an anything you can do I can do just as well or better scenario. Head says Superior, heart says Amazing.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hksaru

LOL WOW this concept is sweet. I love Otto.

I'd have to give it to Peter though because he's had so much more experience specifically with spider sense, and Otto isn't much of a natural fighter

MythiiC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MythiiC

ASM 700 & Avenging Spiderman 15.1 shows that even with all of Peter's memories, Otto is still inexperienced with his powers & even underestimates his own strength - he still has quite a bit to discover.

I'm going to give it to Peter due to the fact that he knows his limits & what he's capable of, much more than what Otto knows (at this point).

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BringnIt

Peter. Otto brings no additional combat skills to the table, really, and doesn't have the heart Peter does, as well as ultimately still having the same emotional weaknesses that have cost him in combat against Parker before. Otto's arrogance has cost him a number of times before, and I see this being little different.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slimj87d

@Strider92 said:

Honestly Superior should win. He has all of Peter's experience, skill, powers and intelligence but in combination with his own intelligence, improved standard gear and laxed morals. This is basically an anything you can do I can do just as well or better scenario. Head says Superior, heart says Amazing.

I would come to the same conclusion if it worked like that. But depending on the writer, it doesn't always work like that.

Buffy had the memory and experience of every slayer before her but she still had to exercise and hone in on those skills and understand them and when to execute them. It can be the same case for Otto. Example, Otto clearly seems to still be adjusting to Peter's memories, it doesn't seem like they come to him right away.

Muscle memory, fighting ability, etc are yet to be seen if he is as good as Peter is. We'll have to wait and see. This thread I guess can be reserved for later. Nick, you just wanted to do this thread before anyone else could! That was your intent!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@SlimJ87D: In an interview Slott said that Otto won't have to learn to use his powers as he recalls all of Spider-man's past fights and experience due to the memory transfer. He didn't want to bother with a stories about Ock learning to be Spider-man. Thus its safe to assume this is Spider-man but with Otto's intelligence and morals thrown in.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

@Hksaru said:

LOL WOW this concept is sweet. I love Otto.

I'd have to give it to Peter because he's had so much more experience specifically with spider sense.

Spider-Sense isn't a factor here. They're both Spidey, so the Spider-Sense won't go off. Not to mention Peter's learned how to compensate without it, while Otto doesn't really know how to use it when it goes off since he's never had it before. Even with Pete's experience, it's not in Otto's nature to trust an outside force to cover his rear.

I'll give it to Pete, barely. Peter's powers boost into ridiculous territory when he's pushed. Against an imposter in his body, whose stolen his life? Oh, he's going to be pushed. Otto, however, obviously considers himself Peter's superior. So he's going to be arrogant and taunting while Peter loses his temper. While a cool head in most cases is a better idea, Peter is going up against himself. He knows all his weaknesses, no spider sense, and with Pete boosted while Otto is calm, Otto's going to be outmatched in speed and strength.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By laflux

@nickzambuto said:

Peter Parker vs Otto Octavius. Is the heart and experience of Parker enough to overcome the brutality and intelligence of he who calls himself superior?

I just not surprised you haven't thrown your usual Spider-Man wins because he is the Superior Choice. There I said it before anyone else

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jashro44

@Strider92 said:

@SlimJ87D: In an interview Slott said that Otto won't have to learn to use his powers as he recalls all of Spider-man's past fights and experience due to the memory transfer. He didn't want to bother with a stories about Ock learning to be Spider-man. Thus its safe to assume this is Spider-man but with Otto's intelligence and morals thrown in.

Still there is more than just experience though. There is also things like competence in combat, pain tolerance, etc. Things that come with your strength of character. I don't doubt Otto is a competent combatant but until he gets feats he isn't better than Peter.

This is a leaked scan from superior spider-man #1. In it Otto gets hit many times in the fraction of a second and he says "Can't believe Parker put up with this. The man must have been insane." If he has Peters experience why would he wonder why Peter puts up with that sort of beating? And we still don't know how Otto will use Peters powers. For all we know he wont use them as efficient as Peter. He probably has better tech but that don't know what that tech is yet.

I am sure I will change my mind after seeing Otto in action but until he gets feats Peter wins.

@BringnIt said:

Peter. Otto brings no additional combat skills to the table, really, and doesn't have the heart Peter does, as well as ultimately still having the same emotional weaknesses that have cost him in combat against Parker before. Otto's arrogance has cost him a number of times before, and I see this being little different.

Agreed.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@jashro44: That leaked scan is just page 3 of a 20 page issue. We saw that when the official preview came out. There's a VERY high chance that the fight doesn't end with Spider-man fleeing.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jashro44

@Strider92 said:

@jashro44: That leaked scan is just page 3 of a 20 page issue. We saw that when the official preview came out. There's a VERY high chance that the fight doesn't end with Spider-man fleeing.

My mistake, it wasn't in the comicvine preview page. But the point isn't really that Otto fled (I don't know if he did or not all though I was assuming he went to horizon to get tech but I could be wrong) its that he never understood why spider-man took the beatings he took all those years. If he has all of Peters memories wouldn't he understand all of his choices? All we can really do here is compare character traits and tech (the tech spider-man was carrying post Slotts run and what we know of from Otto so far). We really need to see Otto perform. He might choose to use his powers differently in Peter.

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nightflash

I'm giving it to Peter. He has WAY WAY WAY more experiencing being Spiderman. He has a better understading of how he is able to use his power in the best way. Otto needs LOTS of experience. If he gets that then it's a battle of intelect since both have the same powers (same body) at same level.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jashro44

I don't know if I would say Otto is inexperienced...He has Peters memories but he never actually did the stuff Peter did. Stuff like jumping on juggernauts back and getting hit repeatedly by juggernaut, getting hit by pheonix force colossus and Magik (yes they were holding back but they still broke bones), he didn't lift the huge piece of rubble in amazing spider-man 33, etc. That was all Peter not Otto. And we don't know enough about his tech yet and he hasn't had a major fight.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Ninjablade09

I would say Pete because Pete has proven multiple times he is smarter than Otto, plus Pete knows how powerful he really is so he could always push Otto over the limit when it comes to his strength and tire Otto out faster

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By laflux

Superior Spider-Man is only Superior in his head. Peter still has better feats and combat skills.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VeganDiet

Pete takes it. Ock proved in his battle with Wolverine that his arrogance can get the better of him and land him in hot water.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By karetaker

peter wins because he is the better fighter, if identical clones fight with the same strength and speed fight the better fighter is going to win

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave

Superior ftw

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Sissel

Pete. A better fighter than Superior showings.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Spydey

Otto's yet to prove why he deserves the title "Superior".

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Stronger

Octavious wiped out Wolverine....

Peter's never done that.

Crimsoncry666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deffo going to have to go with Parker on this one he has managed to outwit Otto multiple times plus he has the experience of a true spiderman! :)

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokergeist

From what I seem Superior is ...superior.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I seem Superior is ...superior.

Otto wishes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from maybe otto using his spider bots I still say amazing takes this.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By patrat18

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@patrat18: the part a out suepieoer havin peters skills and experience has been debunked...

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. I hate the whole "SpOck" thing. I didn't read the last issue myself, but the whole idea sounds like a terrible way to end The Amazing Spider-Man series. I want Peter Parker back.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Peter by far. Especially at this stage. Otto's ego is making him slip. Plus he has none of Peter's memories at this point, and has zero hand to hand skills. Hell he couldn't handle Kaine, and Kaine doesn't even have a spider-sense or hand to hand training. If they prep, it's a closer fight, but what can Otto prep that wouldn't be a threat to himself as well? Peter has a history of turning Ock's devices on him, and is a much better situational awareness combatant than Ock. Either way, Peter wins in the end, unless Dan Slott writes the fight. 7/10 Peter.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cable_Extreme

The one with "spider" in the name.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jashro44: Parker still looses.

I do not see how but if you don't want to debate thats fine.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@patrat18 said:

I am a bit ignorant on the Superior spiderman character. From the sounds of it, it looks like Superior has everything Spiderman has and more. How exactly will peter win this one?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By patrat18

@jashro44: Wait if Otto does not have peters skills and memories he looses, But if he still has them on top of his own skills and brain Peter is not going to beat him, he would know all of Peters moves before he makes them via memory.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dondave

@patrat18 said:

@jashro44: Wait if Otto does not have peters skills and memories he looses, But if he still has them on top of his own skills and brain Peter is not going to beat him, he would know all of Peters moves before he makes them via memory.

He's lost Peter's memories

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Black_Arrow

Peter wins he has more experience

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter still takes this. Ock doesn't have the skills or mental fortitude to win this fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@patrat18 said:

I am a bit ignorant on the Superior spiderman character. From the sounds of it, it looks like Superior has everything Spiderman has and more. How exactly will peter win this one?

He doesn't have everything Peter has and more. They both have there advantages. Since they have the same body they are physically even. However Peter is more attuned with his spider-sense. He has better feats of using spider-sense. He's used it to anticipate enemy moves, tracking, etc. Otto does make up for it by being more brutal though. Then again Peter has his way of the spider. Otto hasn't really shown it yet. So Peter also has the advantage in skill. Tech is an advantage for Otto. I have scans of Otto in the below link if you wish to check them out:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-jashro44-spock-vs-cadencev2-miles-votes-1476601/

@patrat18 said:

He erased Peters memories and he hasn't shown Peters way of the spider yet (so as things currently stand Peter is more skilled).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jashro44

@cable_extreme: Oh and also worth noting Otto is more arrogant then Peter is. So thats another plus in Peters favor. As well as peter having better feats of will power/pain tolerance.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By patrat18

@jashro44: Oh, i haven't read the latest issues yet. And yea, Peter wins here.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

@patrat18 said:

He doesn't have everything Peter has and more. They both have there advantages. Since they have the same body they are physically even. However Peter is more attuned with his spider-sense. He has better feats of using spider-sense. He's used it to anticipate enemy moves, tracking, etc. Otto does make up for it by being more brutal though. Then again Peter has his way of the spider. Otto hasn't really shown it yet. So Peter also has the advantage in skill. Tech is an advantage for Otto. I have scans of Otto in the below link if you wish to check them out:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-jashro44-spock-vs-cadencev2-miles-votes-1476601/

@patrat18 said:

He erased Peters memories and he hasn't shown Peters way of the spider yet (so as things currently stand Peter is more skilled).

Oh okay, so Peter is more skilled in both melee and using his spider senses while Otto is more ruthless? And I was referring to Otto having Peter's memories, so if he does not, then I stand corrected. I ask though, how big is the gap between their use of spidey sense?

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: Oh and also worth noting Otto is more arrogant then Peter is. So thats another plus in Peters favor. As well as peter having better feats of will power/pain tolerance.

Noted.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Peter has been able to use his spider-sense to anticipate enemy moves, and it once made him adjust his body so tracking bullets and glass thrown at him from bullseye would miss his vital organs. Otto hasn't shown to have his spider-sense quite that advanced.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Otto also has a better Suit with Adamnatium Head Plating, Razor Claws, Ability to Summon and Control Spider Bots, and more gear built in!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: Peter has been able to use his spider-sense to anticipate enemy moves, and it once made him adjust his body so tracking bullets and glass thrown at him from bullseye would miss his vital organs. Otto hasn't shown to have his spider-sense quite that advanced.

Well, another question I would ask is, has Superior Spiderman been giving the situation to where he has been shot? If not, would that make him less than Spiderman because he hasn't shown the organ moving feat that Peter has shown? Or would it make him better since he hasn't been shot?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Otto also has a better Suit with Adamnatium Head Plating, Razor Claws, Ability to Summon and Control Spider Bots, and more gear built in!

He has a carboanridium head plating. And its only at the back of his head.

@jashro44 said:

Well, another question I would ask is, has Superior Spiderman been giving the situation to where he has been shot? If not, would that make him less than Spiderman because he hasn't shown the organ moving feat that Peter has shown? Or would it make him better since he hasn't been shot?

I would have to reread my issues to see if he has been shot all though I don't recall him getting shot. However he hasn't faced tracking bullets or very talented marksmen yet either though.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

He has a carboanridium head plating. And its only at the back of his head.

Awww... The rest is still impressive.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@cable_extreme:

I'd say pretty big. As far back as the Civil War Peter could determine the location of a potential threat. He determined that there was another group of heroes underground in the sewers travelling parallel to his and Tony's group. But they weren't in combat or being threatened at that point. SpOck has yet to show that ability. He'll know the general direction something is coming, like boomerang's boomerang, but that's the best he's shown.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I would have to reread my issues to see if he has been shot all though I don't recall him getting shot. However he hasn't faced tracking bullets or very talented marksmen yet either though.

True, but according to @cadencev2 he says that he has claws, ability to summon bots, and has more gear built in. Would that make up for his supposed lack of spidey sense when compared to Peter?