Spider-Man vs Spider Woman

chtri001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By chtri001

Spider-Man and Spider Woman have a friendly competition to determine who is the superior spider hero. They each have a week to prepare. The fight will begin on the roof of the Daily Bugle. Though, it can go anywhere from there. Win by knockout. Who walks away the winner?

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tiger26

tie why do i wanna ship them now

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

Spider-Man.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Magian

@Erik said:

Spider-Man.

Wasn't Spider-Man actually beaten by Spider-Woman recently? Haven't read it so I don't really any details about this fight but I was curious.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Spider-Man didn't have his spider sense when it happened, and he was holding back on her due to being afraid he'd hurt her. That fight actually prompted him to study under Shang. At his current state, he'd curbstomp Jess.

Also, giving him a week to prepare kinda makes it even more unfair.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Magian

Ohh ok then, good to know.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@Morpheus_ said:

Spider-Man didn't have his spider sense when it happened, and he was holding back on her due to being afraid he'd hurt her. That fight actually prompted him to study under Shang. At his current state, he'd curbstomp Jess.

Cant spider woman just seduce him with his pheromones and win with that advantage??

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magian

Well I am sure that with a week to prep and given that Peter is quite familiar with Jessica and her abilities, he would think of a way to counter it like a gadget or something like this. Plus are Jessica's pheromones really that powerful like Daken's for example?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Killemall said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Cant spider woman just seduce him with his pheromones and win with that advantage??

I've never seen her use them for battle purposes (much like Daken does). The closest thing to my recollection was when she used them on the Wrecker in order to stall him and avoid getting pummeled (before Luke Cage, Wolverine, and Spider-Man arrived to take care of him). But that required CIS and him standing still and listening to her as opposed to fighting, while being unaware of her ability to emit pheromones. On the other hand, Spidey already knows about that ability, so even if he does feel attraction for Jess (which isn't unlikely, mind you), I rather doubt he'd stop fighting and fall on his knees to confess his love for her. Not to mention that with a week of prep he'd just make an anti-Spider Woman costume. That's his shtick nowadays.

@ComicMan24 said:

Ohh ok, then good to know.

No problem.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ComicMan24 said:

Well I am sure that with a week to prep and given that Peter is quite familiar with Jessica and her abilities, he would think of a way to counter it like a gadget or something like this. Plus are Jessica's pheromones really that powerful like Daken's for example?

Daken has exhibited a wide variety of uses and different emotional (and even physical) responses through the use of his pheromones, while Jess just seems limited to attraction. In that respect, I guess you could say Daken's ability is certainly more useful.

Also, I just remembered, the Spider Woman in the fight with the Wrecker wasn't Jess. It was Veranke. Hah. Funny how practically every Spider Woman feat that is worth noting from New Avengers v1 isn't even her own.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_: Yeah, I have seen the pheromones power being mentioned in the battle threads. Practically every thread with him, ends with him as the winner because of that lol

Well from what I have read she displayed a lot of abilities that Jess hasn't like flight.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ComicMan24: People are underrating Daken himself and overrating his pheromones, IMO. They are definitely helpful, but he doesn't use them very frequently in fights.

Veranke was flat out more powerful in ways Jess never will be, she simply was more subtle in the use of her abilities as to avoid arousing suspicion. The most vivid example of this was when she overloaded a device that was holding her, Ms Marvel, and IIRC even Wonder Man in stasis, during the invasion of the Mighty Avengers in Latveria.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magian

@Morpheus_:I can agree with that, at least based on what I have seen in the threads so far. I see things like "Daken wins due to the pheromones" or something like this.

Ohh yeah, the Venom blast explosion, I have read about it.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nefarious

Peter Parker.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Erik

@Morpheus_ said:

True but it sure was a great moment for me, being a big fan of Spider-Woman. Out of context scans FTW!