No Caption Provided
SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexualLobster

I'm pretty sure Superman still stomps. Spidey takes Midnighter though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jashro44

@SexualLobster:Reasoning as to why superman stomps?

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SexualLobster

@jashro44: It's very possible I'm wwrong. But isn't he still Superfast/strong? I think he's still strong enough to one-shot KO each of them, right?

Midnighter is really strong, but Spiderman takes him I say.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TifaLockhart

I realize this was 5 years in the past - comics' time, but new Superman wasn't even more powerful than a locomotive.

That said, I haven't read Action #2 or Superman yet.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Superman is just the same as he was pre new 52 powerwise why does every one seem to forget this?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TifaLockhart

@spiderbat87: He sure doesn't seem it from what I've read.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@spiderbat87: He sure doesn't seem it from what I've read.

and you'v read what exactly? 
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TifaLockhart

Just Action #1, like I said. But if you have feats from newer issues, I'm listening and may revise my previous statement.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThexX

I see it like this Spiderman is out in a blink of an eye. And Its a Battle between Midnighter and Superman. I thank Superman wins but Midnighter puts up a hell of a fight

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@SexualLobster: In the superman title by geroge perez he is still a cosmic leveler but in action comics grant morrison is writing him before he is at full strength he is still absorbing sun rays and getting more powerful. He was knocked out by a locomotive and tank shells batted him around. And in action comics 3 clark said to a cop that "we have photos of superman running 200 Miles per hour." He was however fast enough to catch a bullet. The only powers he has are super strength, durability, speed, and heat vision, energy absorption.

@spiderbat87: Read above this isn't the superman in justice league and superman title its the action comics version.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SexualLobster

Oh okay, I thought that Action Comics one was still like way higher up than Spiderman or Midnighter.

Okay, I think this fight would be good. Seeing as as it stands, Spidey has more mobility and faster running speed + Spider sense and all that.

Midnighter puts up a great fight, but is unable to hit Spidey, and Supes is too durable. Plus between Spiderman's webbing and modern fighting style and Superman's strength I think he'd be out first still, incapacitated, not nesisarily 'unconcious' or anything.

Then Spiderman and Superman have a an awesome battle that consists of Spidey landing many 'not-so-strong' shots, while dodging swinging webbing slamming etc. While Superman is strong enough to take it/break out and land shots as well.

Then again I hate thinking about 3-way battles because while 2 engage the other could take cheap shots and it's hard to assess.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThexX

@SexualLobster: Superman wins, Second goes to Midnighter, & spiderman is not a factor in this battle

Midnighter's abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat and tactical scenarios. He has superhuman strength, reflexes (and moving speed when necessary), healing, senses, aim and various other enhancements. He is said to have multiple redundant systems to keep him fighting in the worst of conditions. One example of this is a backup heart. Midnighter can also turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man. The pain is not totally cut off though, so his healing factor is also very helpful. He's fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things. He can also function perfectly in anaerobic environments when necessary.

Midnighter's body has been altered to give him inhuman balance as well as faster nerve endings so he can move and react quicker than any human and many super humans. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can't see him. Midnighter's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. His other senses are so powerful that to trick him, his creator needed to find an alien that could not only change its appearance, but its scent and DNA.

Midnighter's most famous ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His fight implants include a combat computer that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

He liked to begin fights by announcing all of this, but got bored enough with the speech to have it printed on business cards, which he can leave for absent opponents (or kill them by throwing the sharp-edged cards).

And I have read most of the comics that spiderman and midnighter are in. And spiderman doesn't stand a chance

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jashro44

bump

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

Superman > Spider-Man > Midnighter.

It's quite possible to argue that Midnighter is as fast and agile as Spidey, and that his battle-computer could help him get around the Spider-Sense. But Spidey can easily give 'Nighter a run for his money, and there's still the webbing to consider.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Erik
@jashro44:  
CIS is always on in the battle forums.  
PIS is always off in the battle forums.  

No need to waste time stating what is a given. 
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jashro44

@Erik: All right.

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eatmore_payless

@Erik said:

@jashro44: CIS is always on in the battle forums. PIS is always off in the battle forums. No need to waste time stating what is a given.

hey dont be such a Kill joy! xD the man is just being specific.... too specific

Avatar image for dark_knight_775
Dark_Knight_775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dark_Knight_775

superman stomps!
SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SPM1M

a pre mature superman still wins this battle but it is one hella of a fight

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By emperorznb

Midnighter's enhanced neural fighting abilities will have no significant effect if superman's first move is as fast as the speed of light. Supes takes out both easily.

AquaDCman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By AquaDCman

Well the DCnU Midnighter is going to have to fight that HUGE alien monster from the moon that absorbed all of Stormwatch's Powers, so idk. I guess well all find out in #4

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@emperorznb: @Dark_Knight_775: I am just clarifying this just in case you think its the superman that flys faster than light this is the 1 in grant morrisons action comics who is considerably weaker. The one that got smacked around by tanks and knocked out by a locomotive.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
Superman should win here.
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ThexX

With that said I thank Midnighter might take this fight. And that is a tank shell

No Caption Provided
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThexX

And this Midnighter taking out a speedster comparable to The Flash

No Caption Provided

So Midnighter might just take this fight

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Lots of different answers.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashro44

@ThexX: How is that speedster comparable to the flash?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThexX

Because most of the Characters that come out of the old Wildstorm Universe are Based on DC Heroes. Like Batman & Midnighter, Apollo & Superman, Lamplight & Green Lantern

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jashro44

@ThexX said:

Because most of the Characters that come out of the old Wildstorm Universe are Based on DC Heroes. Like Batman & Midnighter, Apollo & Superman, Lamplight & Green Lantern

That doesn't make that guy 1/100000th the speed of the flash. He needs feats to support that.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By emperorznb

@jashro44: Is that the superman wearing a hillbilly rough guy looking costume?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ThexX said:

Because most of the Characters that come out of the old Wildstorm Universe are copes of DC Heroes. Like Batman & Midnighter, Apollo & Superman, Lamplight & Green Lantern

That's not really a good enough reason. Midnighter is a play on Batman but they clearly don't share the same stats. A better thing to say to describe Impetus' speed might be to say that one of the members of the Authority (I forget who it was at the moment) said he was the fastest thing they'd ever seen and they've all seen Apollo go around the world in half a minute if not much faster things. Another thing would be that Swift could not react to his speed and she's pretty fast.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Impetus is fairly fast, but saying he's on Flash's level is a streeeeeeeeeeeeetch.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jashro44

@emperorznb: If you mean this one your right.

No Caption Provided
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThexX

Okay bad on my part. But this scans shows Midnighter take out a speedsteer how is pretty damn fast. And faster than Spiderman for sure maybe faster the New52 Action Superman. So i thank Midnighter wins but it's a hell of a fight

No Caption Provided