Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"Alright we all know Deathstroke is skilled and smart but is he going to beable to handle Spider-Man's speed and spider-sense?"

Good battle... Close one too... I think it's possible for Spidey to beat him.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Alright we all know Deathstroke is skilled and smart but is he going to beable to handle Spider-Man's speed and spider-sense?

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

It's be a good fight but I'd give it to Deathstroke

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By The_Martian

I see Deathstroke starting off watching Spider-Man move trying to figure out how he is going to fight. After taking a second or two he moves in for a move that by watching Spidey should work but is caught off guard by the Spider-Sense only to get smashed in the face. And after time and again, Deathstroke trys to think what Spidey's next move will be, each time Spidey does what he isn't expecting because of the Spider-Sense. Not saying ti will be easy for either one but I think in the end Spidey would win.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Forever

lol. Nice.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Copy

LegendaryKYJ says:

""

ohhh what comic is that. the one with wolverine

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

LegendaryKYJ says:

""

Lol. That's hilarious.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Eternal Chaos says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
""

Lol. That's hilarious."

LMFAO! Thats funny!!!

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

I LOVE Wolvies dialogue so much. The first box makes me laugh so much.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Static Shock says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
""
Lol. That's hilarious."
LMFAO! Thats funny!!!"

This has just proved that Spider-Man will own Logan on a whole new level.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Copy

Copy says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
""
ohhh what comic is that. the one with wolverine"
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By Deadcool
@Copy:@Eternal Chaos:
Yes gentlemen, Spider-man is that awesome.

No Caption Provided
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spidey 15

I think if spidey is fighting at his best he could beat Slade IMO! 
=]

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Matezoide2

if Spider-Man is serious he wins prety easly

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide said:
" if Spider-Man is serious he wins prety easly "
Why easily? 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FinalStar86
@spidey 15 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" if Spider-Man is serious he wins prety easly "
Why easily?  "
Because logically if Spiderman fights competently he should kick the crap out of any street level character. 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spidey 15
@FinalStar86: There are certain circumstances that will make the fight last longer than other street level fights. 

IIRC slade was durable enough to take hits from super boy, so IMO, Spidey will have a hard time KOing him. 
I think the only way he has to beat him is if he uses his webbing effectively IMO. 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I don't see spiderman serious taking Deathstroke, he doesn't have the skill to back up taking the man who takes of the Teen Titans and smacks then around saying "I could do this all day" or stop a character that has humiliated the justice league.

Being serious does nothing for your competence.

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FinalStar86
@spidey 15 said:
" @FinalStar86: There are certain circumstances that will make the fight last longer than other street level fights.  IIRC slade was durable enough to take hits from super boy, so IMO, Spidey will have a hard time KOing him. I think the only way he has to beat him is if he uses his webbing effectively IMO. =] "
In that issue Superboy and Wonder Girl were toying with him and wanted him to suffer so they didn't intentionally KO him until Cassie used her lasso and slammed him through a building.  If Spider fought competatently but held back enough so he wouldn't kill Slade, then I can see that fight lasting a while, if Spider was flat out blood lusted though....
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spidey 15
@FinalStar86: Oh, ok. I was not aware, thanks! In that case, i see the fight lasting a while( since the OP didn't state if they are bloodlusted ) but IMO, Peter should take this. 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Matezoide said:

" Spider-Man is competent when he is serious   "

Not compared to the Terminator. Peter's skill is in many areas is just pitiful. Even serious his approach to a fight is most of the time tactically terrible. And I'm saying this as someone who likes spider-man.
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Billdevil

I think this fight takes about 3 hours or more, but in the end S-M takes it.  

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Matezoide2
@Crom-Cruach: 
sorry,my computer is lagging like f*ck,so my full post got erased (hope the computer screwing me wont affect the post this time)
 i didnt say he is as competent as Slade,thats almost impossible,but when you have Spidey`s powerset and manages to use it`s potential (wich Peter can do when serious),you dont need to be a badass fighter,heck,Spidey`s Spider-Sense plus speed makes him untochable to any street-level when he is serious
if he wasnt competent when going all out,he wouldnt have been able to trash Scorpion all over the city (who has been able to beat Spider-Man in the past) or ,most recently, the Kravinoffs....heck,Alyosha fought evenly with the likes of Black Panther and a serious Spider-Man made him cry like a girl (before speedblitz him,Alyosha even commented ``how?! he cant be that fast! he wasnt suposed to be that fast!``)
or Ana,who almost killed Spider-Man and beated the sh!t out of Vermin with easy....if being serious didnt enable Spidey to fight with competence,she would have almost killed him again
what i am saying is,just because Spider-Man isnt as competent as Slade,he can be competent enough to defeat him
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide: True. 

Btw, when spidey was serious has beaten the hell out of kingpin, who in the past has humiliated a spiderman who wasn't serious. Also he has done things like that 

A serious spidey has dodged Punisher from point blank and also one shotted him 

No Caption Provided
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silver2467

With morals: Deathstroke 
Without morals: SpiderMan 

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@spidey 15:
I wouldn't nesasarily call that dodging as much as Punisher not aiming due to the severity of Spidey's attack. 

Spidey for the win over Deathstroke more often than not.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spidey 15
@Donovan Montgomery: That's true, but still, he one shotted punisher when he was serious. This was my point! 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Matezoide said:
" @Crom-Cruach: 
sorry,my computer is lagging like f*ck"
My sincere condoleances.
 @Matezoide said:
i didnt say he is as competent as Slade,thats almost impossible,but when you have Spidey`s powerset and manages to use it`s potential (wich Peter can do when serious),you dont need to be a badass fighter"
Yes you do. This myth that spider-man serious suddenly taking an immense leap in power that has appeared on this board is ridiculous. Spider-Man serious got beat up by Steve Rogers. He get's taken down by characters when serious that are both below Deathstroke's power set and competence level.

You say Spider-Man's fast? Deathstroke bullet times and tags characters like the flash and superman. You think Spider-Man is stealthy? Deathstroke escapes from Superman.  Spider-man has never faced anyone on Deathstrokes combined competence and power level because Marvel doesn't write street levelers the same way DC does.

@Matezoide said:
"if he wasnt competent when going all out,he wouldnt have been able to trash Scorpion all over the city (who has been able to beat Spider-Man in the past) or ,most recently, the Kravinoffs....heck,Alyosha fought evenly with the likes of Black Panther and a serious Spider-Man made him cry like a girl
or Ana,who almost killed Spider-Man and beated the sh!t out of Vermin with easy....if being serious didnt enable Spidey to fight with competence,she would have almost killed him again what i am saying is,just because Spider-Man isnt as competent as Slade,he can be competent enough to defeat him "
None of these people are anywhere near as good as Deathstroke. Scorpion is a terrible fighter that has been proven time and again. That Spider-man has last to scorpion isn't a indication of Scorpion's competence, it's an indication of Peter's incompetence.

The Kravinoff's are nothing special in comparaison to Deathstroke's track record either. He smacks around the Titans who are far more powerful then the Kravinoff family. Deathstroke has super-human attributes and reflexes and a level of competence far above Peter's. 

Spider-Man in contrast leaps before he thinks, has terrible hand to hand skill that only his super-human attributes allow him to compensate with. Has a long track record of getting tagged by people far under his power set and more.

A serious Peter doesn't have what it takes to take Slade in my opinion.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spidey 15
@Crom-Cruach:  

Spider-Man serious got beat up by Steve Rogers. 

He was serious because he wasn't joking. Our point is that he will use his powers in more serious, better and more competent way. 
If you see in my scans where he fights 8 opponents when he was brainwashed by mr negative, he was still saying some jokes but he used his powers in a greater level. 
=]
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@spidey 15 said:
"  He was serious because he wasn't joking. Our point is that he will use his powers in more serious, better and more competent way. If you see in my scans where he fights 8 opponents when he was brainwashed by mr negative, he was still saying some jokes but he used his powers in a greater level. =] "
Spidey 15, you're one of the smartest people on this board. Come on now...
1- The fact was that he was really honestly trying to take down Steve and he didn't. He was serious about what he was doing. Steve kicked his ass
2-Those 8 guys were nameless mooks with nowhere the competence nor the combined power of Deathstroke
3-Being serious doesn't make you better at anything, you know that. Because unless you don't have the experience, insight or skill, your seriousness won't compensate for the incredible deficiencies you have.

Spider-Man is a character with the power set of a being that could be just above or upper limit street level depending on the interpretation of street level but with a lack of competence that pulls him down to and keeps him on street level where he loses to characters with inferior power sets because he can't back his powers with the right mentality, competence or skill to use keep him where his power set should place him. Deathstroke is a top tier street leveler who dances with the Big dogs of DC and manages to win

I like spider-man, but he's not going to take a character that has vastly better feats accomplished with less and a general track record that trumps him every day of the week.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Matezoide2
@Crom-Cruach said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Crom-Cruach: 
sorry,my computer is lagging like f*ck"

My sincere condoleances.
thanks

Yes you do. This myth that spider-man serious suddenly taking an immense leap in power that has appeared on this board is ridiculous. Spider-Man serious got beat up by Steve Rogers. He get's taken down by characters when serious that are both below Deathstroke's power set and competence level.

You say Spider-Man's fast? Deathstroke bullet times and tags characters like the flash and superman. You think Spider-Man is stealthy? Deathstroke escapes from Superman.  Spider-man has never faced anyone on Deathstrokes combined competence and power level because Marvel doesn't write street levelers the same way DC does.

Spider-Man`s lack of competence is a combination of PIS and CIS,when he was serious,he didnt lose to Steve,he just didnt say any joke,but he was fighting like he normaly does,plus if he had won,Civil War would have ended
Spider-Man even remarked how he didnt want to fight Steve (IIRC),when serious i mean when he actualy lets lose and fights like he should,this enabled him to beat 8 super-villains at the same time effortless,Scorpion (twice) and the Kravinoffs

Deathstroke mostly uses prep to do this,i dont got a scan,but when Flash actualy stopped fooling around,Slade couldnt lay a hand on him,he even prevented to be KO`ed to take Flash by surprise but failed.....he couldnt even see him
as for your post ending,i can agree with your point,but i dont see why Spidey (serious) is incapable of defeating Deathstroke,specialy when other street-levels (like Batgirl,IIRC) managed to match him

@Crom-Cruach

said:

None of these people are anywhere near as good as Deathstroke. Scorpion is a terrible fighter that has been proven time and again. That Spider-man has last to scorpion isn't a indication of Scorpion's competence, it's an indication of Peter's incompetence.  The Kravinoff's are nothing special in comparaison to Deathstroke's track record either. He smacks around the Titans who are far more powerful then the Kravinoff family. Deathstroke has super-human attributes and reflexes and a level of competence far above Peter's.   Spider-Man in contrast leaps before he thinks, has terrible hand to hand skill that only his super-human attributes allow him to compensate with. Has a long track record of getting tagged by people far under his power set and more.   A serious Peter doesn't have what it takes to take Slade in my opinion. "

i didnt say they were,what i mean is,Spider-Man when serious was able to absolutely own characthers that matched him (including a chick that nearly killed Vermin effortless,thats impressive,considering Kraven barely beat him),if being serious didnt make him fight with competence,the fight would have had the same result
he smacks the Titans because of prep,because they hold back on him and one could argue with PIS being involved (not like i agree thought),without time to prep and they actualy going all out,Slade would get killed
sure,DS is enchanced,but he isnt near as strong or fast as Spider-Man is
as for leaping before he thinks,he acts by instinct,when he follows what his Spider-Sense says,he moves accordling to it,not being tagged (as shown by he dodging bullets after they are fired when he didnt expect,he didnt know he was getting shot or something,the spider-sense just alerted him and he moved to where he was suposed to)
his (long) track-record of loses against inferior opponents happened when he wasnt going all out,i dont remember him losing when he actualy used his powers competently

agree to disagree? i dont have time to argue now,i was suposed to be playing Red Dead Redemption right now
so,bye ,have a good debate with Spidey_15  :)
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By spidey 15
@Crom-Cruach:  

Spidey 15, you're one of the smartest people on this board. Come on now... 

Thank you! ^___^ 
Same goes for you. 

1- The fact was that he was really honestly trying to take down Steve and he didn't. He was serious about what he was doing. Steve kicked his ass   

Do you really believe that if spidey really wanted to take down cap, he wouldn't do it. When cap has run to save his teammates in the end of the battle, Peter didn't even bother to chase him. Also, i know that cap is fast and skilled, but if spidey was really trying, cap shouldn't really be able to hit him. Spidey was holding back like he always does. 

2-Those 8 guys were nameless mooks with nowhere the competence nor the combined power of Deathstroke 

The team had speed demon, answer, spot and others. Logically, speed demon alone should be able to give to peter a good fight. But spidey's greater use of power make him able to take on a hole team, that included speed demon. 

3-Being serious doesn't make you better at anything, you know that. Because unless you don't have the experience, insight or skill, your seriousness won't compensate for the incredible deficiencies you have. 

Ok, let's forget the word "serious". If spidey is fighting at the best of his ability and if he try to be more competent and use his powers at a greater level than he usually does, he can beat Slade IMO!  
=]
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach: I can agree with some of what the points you made and respect your argument, but if I may use an example, think of it like SuperMan not restraining his powers. While restraining himself, he is probably not going to throw planet destroying punches, but when he cuts loose, he would. Obviously, SpiderMan is not comparable to SuperMan in power, but the same basic principle can apply. If he wanted to, he could literally tear most people in half effortlessly. Obviously, Deathstroke's reflexes and agility are greatly impressive, as he has maneuvered away from SuperMan and reacted to Flash (I have two points to make about that though). But overall, SpiderMan could simply overpower him. 

My two points about Flash are this: 
1. He was obviously never traveling at his highest speeds. I am not questioning Deathstroke's reflexes, as he has some of the most impressive reaction time of any street leveler. I am just saying that Slade could never truthfully react to Flash if he used his abilities at higher levels. Flash already beat down Deathstroke by simply using more power just to prove he could.  
2. The other point I have about that is Deathstroke's strategic knowledge. In addition to Flash not moving as fast as he otherwise could have, Deathstroke is an incredible strategist. He liked uses his accelerated thought processes and reflexes to tactically predict what his opponents would do and where it would occur before it happens. Just my theory. 
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jojjimbo

Spider-man wins in a tough fight.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach: By the way, sorry to jump on this conversation when you already have two others to respond to. 
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By mavfan626
@Silver2467 said:
"With morals: Deathstroke Without morals: SpiderMan  "

this
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@spidey 15 said:
" @Donovan Montgomery: That's true, but still, he one shotted punisher when he was serious. This was my point! =] "

Yea, sorry, I kind passed that part right over.  Deathstroke is more durable and agile than Frank, but I don't think that will help to much.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15 said:

Do you really believe that if spidey really wanted to take down cap, he wouldn't do it. When cap has run to save his teammates in the end of the battle, Peter didn't even bother to chase him. Also, i know that cap is fast and skilled, but if spidey was really trying, cap shouldn't really be able to hit him. Spidey was holding back like he always does.

and the very same Spider-Man beated the sh!t out of Kingpin,who was able to beat the likes of Daredevil,the Punisher and even Captain America in the past :P
or the Punisher,he has been able to tag and beat Spider-Man more than once,when Spidey was serious,he runned through Frank`s bullets (the scan leaves it clear Frank`s aim was ``exact``) and one-shotted him
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:

" @Crom-Cruach: By the way, sorry to jump on this conversation when you already have two others to respond to.  "

he is probaly ok with that,having more people to have a friendly discussion with is always good IMO
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By spidey 15
@Donovan Montgomery said:
" @spidey 15 said:
" @Donovan Montgomery: That's true, but still, he one shotted punisher when he was serious. This was my point! =] "
Yea, sorry, I kind passed that part right over.  Deathstroke is more durable and agile than Frank, but I don't think that will help to much. "
It's ok. The point is that when spidey holds back, he does not one shot. But when he was angry he one shotted Punsiher. 

@Matezoide said:
" @spidey 15 said:

and the very same Spider-Man beated the sh!t out of Kingpin,who was able to beat the likes of Daredevil,the Punisher and even Captain America in the past :P "
And kingpin has beaten even spiderman himself, but when spidey was more competent he beaten the idiot out of him. 
=P
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467 said:
" @Crom-Cruach: By the way, sorry to jump on this conversation when you already have two others to respond to.  "
I think he is fine. As matezoide said, it's just a friendly discussion. 
=]
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467
@spidey 15: @Matezoide: I know, but given that he already has other posts to respond to, I did not want to overwhelm his posting all at once. I remember when I first started out here and only had a few hundred posts or so, I was debating five or six people at once, and they just kept replying too fast for me to respond. Just wanted to be sure. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Matezoide2
@Silver2467 said:
" @spidey 15: @Matezoide: I know, but given that he already has other posts to respond to, I did not want to overwhelm his posting all at once. I remember when I first started out here and only had a few hundred posts or so, I was debating five or six people at once, and they just kept replying too fast for me to respond. Just wanted to be sure.  "
true,true,just wanted to point that out :D
and at the time,you were still new,Crom has a big amount of experience
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467 said:
" @spidey 15: @Matezoide: I know, but given that he already has other posts to respond to, I did not want to overwhelm his posting all at once. I remember when I first started out here and only had a few hundred posts or so, I was debating five or six people at once, and they just kept replying too fast for me to respond. Just wanted to be sure.  "
I had the same problem before. But Crom is not new. I'm pretty sure he knows how to handle this. 
=]
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silver2467
@Matezoide: @spidey 15: Good points. 
krisboyz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By krisboyz781

spidey

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#48  Edited By Deadcool

Spider-man without morals is one thing, but a Spider-man without moral and also FUELED BY HATE, is a MONSTER that would probably, (almost) kill Deathstroke

No Caption Provided
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49  Edited By Zoom

Beating up a crowd of mooks?  Like that's not something Deathstroke does on a regular basis. 

Picking one guy out of a mall?  Deathstroke can see the Atom and had little trouble with Phantom Lady.

Intimidating a mook?  Big deal. 

Getting slashed and having his bones broken by barely superhuman Kraven?  Do I need to show you scans of Deathstroke mauling Hawkman, Kid Flash or Superboy?
VenomMagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VenomMagus

Spider-man goes off and on.  Sometimes he has no problem taking out big name baddies on his own, other times, he needs to recruit everyone and their robot and it still takes said combine force forever and a day to resolve the conflict: Carnage, for example. 

That having been said, as long as the Spider is "on" he's got it, hands down, no dobut. 

If he's doesn't think of Deathstroke as a real threat or he's on the rag, or whatever, Deathstroke might take it. Maybe. 

Deathstroke's tactics will give Spider-man a run for his money, but "super reflexes" don't beat border-line pre-cognition any day of the week.  If Deathstroke did his homework, he will have all of Parker's weaknesses worked out well in advance, and he'd more than likely have some sort of hostage, but with Spider-man and his "Spidey-Sense" I don't really see him laying anything more than a glancing blow.

Pete's also got a mobility advantage on Slade.  No, he can't fly, but everything short of it, and if need be, Parker can dodge all day long and web every inch of battlegound until Deathstroke can't move: another of Spider-man's fav tactics. 

As a note toward the writing styles of the different companies:  
No, Marvel doesn't write street levelers as well as DC because Marvel just doesn't "do" those kinds of characters.  Whenever Marvel introduces someone who's only powers are "advanced combat training" or "has a knife on their person more often than not" they are a suck character and either gain powers because Thor left his hammer lying around again, or because someone dumped toxic waste where they shouldn't have.   They give hope to th bullied DnD nerd that at some point in your life, you will have an indestructible metal grafter to your skeleton and then those quaterbacks will be sorry.

DC, on the other hand, doesn't "do" ZOMFG!-Omnipotent characters.  Sure, they got like 15 versions of Superman/Lantern, but even these guys can be taken down (and regularly are) by the "my power is being rich" characters.  Batman/Luthor always have 7 different ways to not not lose to Supes at any given moment.  It gives readers hope that they too, can not die, if need be, no matter what, which is good.