Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrBossAwesomeDude
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman builds a suit to equal Spider-Mans strength and durability, nothing else just strength and durability for this match up.

Morals on for both.

Batman gets his regular gadgets.

Spider-Man has his web shooters.

No prep for either.

Is Batmans skills and gadgets going to be enough to put the Spider down? Or is the combination of webs, speed, and spider-sense going to be to much for the Bat?

Fight takes place in a parade.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AweSam

10 minutes of prep plus that Batman pic = instant win.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By acer51

He might win without the prep but this is overkill.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
@acer51 said:

Sounds like a contradiction, or I may be confused by this. Don't you mean that Batman might win without prep, but this is Spider-Man overkill? Because Spider-Man still has his Spider-Sense, reflexes, speed, etc., whereas Batman doesn't. This should be a win for Spidey.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By Deadcool

What is Batman going to do in 10 minutes? Being away from the Batcave he is not going to use the insider suit or the armor that appeared in the Batman issue number 8.

He is not going to win, Spider-man is going to win just like Bane and Talon owned the Batman, and they are far weaker and slower than Spider-man.

Deal with it...

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deadcool

Also, I want the source of OP picture, I can see Thunderbolt's army in the background, and that is Mark Bagley's art style, so, is it a reprint of Ultimate Marvel Team-Up issue number 2 and 3?

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batfan1939

Under these circumstances? Batman would need to slow Spidey down. Not sure he could do that in two mins, even if he had some sort of spider-sense-killing gas, like Doc Ock. Barring that, The strength and durability are just sadistic, drawing out the "fight" (I use that word loosely). The fact that that image shows Spider-Man beating on Hulk should tell you that Spidey's strength and durability are nothing compared to his speed. They aren't anywhere near useless, but the Web-head's speed is paramount to his fighting style, as well as his agility. If Spider-Man were limited to just strength and durability, I'd say Batman could take him without any enhancements (that's just Killer Croc on steroids). It's his speed, agility, and intelligence that make the Wallcrawler dangerous (I haven't mentioned his intelligence because Batman's SO far ahead in the strategy department -- though Spidey could build/retrieve tech in 1 hr to turn the battle, if it's in/near NYC). Spidey wins.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BringnIt

It'd be interesting how this would play out in a random, but Pete has too much nifty tech now to utilize with one hour of prep.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Stronger

@acer51 said:

Correct.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MAZAHS117

Spidey ftw.....Bats is crazy outclassed in this fight in everything except h2h skills, I can't see him coming up with a way to get around Spidey's pre-cog sense in just 10mins either....Spider-Man 9/10....I'll give Baty one win just cause he's extremely resourceful during fights, but on paper he should get smoked by Parker

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@Deadcool said:

What is Batman going to do in 10 minutes? Being away from the Batcave he is not going to use the insider suit or the armor that appeared in the Batman issue number 8.

He is not going to win, Spider-man is going to win just like Bane and Talon owned the Batman, and they are far weaker and slower than Spider-man.

Deal with it...

Talon never owned bruce when he was trying. He curb stomped him when he was drugged, exhausted and stabbed from behind and heavily wounded. The first fight the talon landed a few strikes but bruce said he was no using skills. Unless you are talking about the new 52 bane (who is stronger and faster then before) bane only beat bruce with prep.

And where does it say he doesn't have access to the batcave?

@BringnIt said:

It'd be interesting how this would play out in a random, but Pete has too much nifty tech now to utilize with one hour of prep.

Batmans tech is better then spider-mans. If spider-man can use his tech I don't see why batman can't get additional tech.

Assuming neither have access to there resources and can only use prep to study the other or scout the location (I'm assuming it is since the op has put the gear both are allowed in the op), I am not sure who wins...This is basically speed and agility vs soupier skill.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BringnIt

@jashro44 Fair point regarding the details of the prep, but it also makes the prep essentially worthless. Also, what tech has Bruce displayed currently that is above Peter's?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Strider1992

Finally!!! A Batman Vs Spider-man thread where Bats actually has a chance.

I'm gonna call this a draw. Bats has superior fighting skills and gadgets but spider-man is a lot faster and a lot more agile especially with spider-sense.

Rusty_Irons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rusty_Irons

First meet, Spider-man. With prep, Batman. I say this because when bats gets beat he usually upgrades his suite. [Batman vs Predator].

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigcimmerian

Bat God wins

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Lvenger

10 hours prep? Does Batman really need it? Anyway Batman stomps with this much prep time.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jashro44

@BringnIt said:

@jashro44 Fair point regarding the details of the prep, but it also makes the prep essentially worthless. Also, what tech has Bruce displayed currently that is above Peter's?

As of flash point? Not sure but I have been told a while back that the bat famlies continuity has remained unchanged form flash point so his feats from before still count. I will need to track down where dc said this admittedly. If we are only using flash point feats then spider-man will win due to lack of showings for batman so far. All I can find at the moment is a article by IGN which says that the bat family continuity is unchanged (with a few exceptions). Not sure if this would be enough.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/05/16/green-lantern-vol-1-sinestro-hardcover-review

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jashro44

@Lvenger said:

10 hours prep? Does Batman really need it? Anyway Batman stomps with this much prep time.

It says 10 minutes and the op labeled gear in the op so I don't believe he can bring additional gear.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Skyfire

Parker still has his speed and spider-sense. He wins.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BringnIt

Well, I don't know about continuity versus old DC, but if he has all this impressive tech he doesn't use it in the new-52.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kcaz

can batman use the 10 minutes prep to combine his spidey equalizer suit with his insider suit? if  he can, he will stomp, if not, he will win

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

I can barely make a decent sandwich in 10 minutes. What the heck is Bruce going to do with 10 minutes prep?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@jashro44: Ah sorry. Misread the OP. Spidey stands more of a chance then.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kcaz
@Super_SoldierXII said:

I can barely make a decent sandwich in 10 minutes. What the heck is Bruce going to do with 10 minutes prep?

if you say that, you dont know batman. you are talking about someone who already has plans to take out every single JLA members, in case they went rogue. so lets say if superman went rogue, it will only take minutes for batman to grab that plan and put it to action, taking out superman
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@iSWAGthenSURF said:

@Super_SoldierXII: lol whut are u slow?

I like my sandwiches with lots of garnishments. Sue me.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rasarima

@MrBossAwesomeDude said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman builds a suit to equal Spider-Mans strength and durability, nothing else just strength and durability for this match up.

Morals on for both.

Batman gets his regular gadgets.

Spider-Man has his web shooters.

10 mins prep for the Bat god.

1 hour prep for the Spidey.

Is Batmans skills and gadgets going to be enough to put the Spider down? Or is the combination of webs, speed, and spider-sense going to be to much for the Bat?

Fight takes place in a parade.

Batman loses....

Peter is a fucking genious for god´s sake!

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@kcaz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

if you say that, you dont know batman. you are talking about someone who already has plans to take out every single JLA members, in case they went rogue. so lets say if superman went rogue, it will only take minutes for batman to grab that plan and put it to action, taking out superman

Humor me. What can Bruce do in 10 minutes time that Parker wouldn't be ready for after an hour's time?

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@iSWAGthenSURF said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@iSWAGthenSURF said:

mannnn i can make a decked out stacked out sanwich in 6-7 minutes breh. get at my level kid

Lol. I take my time ... like to savor the process :P

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By progenitorigin

@Skyfire said:

Parker still has his speed and spider-sense. He wins.

Spider-sense would most likely be a deciding factor in this battle, IMO.

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By silversurfer89

It's crazy how people think Batman can beat anybody. Batman cant even beat DeathStroke. Spiderman is too fast, to strong for Batman. Everytime he punches a Human, he has to pull them to keep from killing them in one shot.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kcaz
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@kcaz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Humor me. What can Bruce do in 10 minutes time that Parker wouldn't be ready for after an hour's time?

lets see... 10 minutes with an equalizer suit that he had already built, he can increase the speed, strength, durability of the suit, mount some energy blast or chain gun to it, just a matter of programming the suit right. in the fight, he could use KO gas pellets, smoke screen pellets, or flash bangs pellets, sonic pellets.

or he could just screw the OP rules and bribe spidey with his money
kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kcaz
@silversurfer89 said:
It's crazy how people think Batman can beat anybody. Batman cant even beat DeathStroke. Spiderman is too fast, to strong for Batman. Everytime he punches a Human, he has to pull them to keep from killing them in one shot.
didnt you read the OP? he built a suit that equalizes spidey in strength and durability, plus 10 mins prep to maybe upgrade to suit
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@kcaz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@kcaz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

lets see... 10 minutes with an equalizer suit that he had already built, he can increase the speed, strength, durability of the suit, mount some energy blast or chain gun to it, just a matter of programming the suit right. in the fight, he could use KO gas pellets, smoke screen pellets, or flash bangs pellets, sonic pellets.

Peter's spidersense would warn him ahead of time of their use and get him out of harms way of the pellets. They are not insta area of effect pellets. Spider-Man can jump 30 feet in the air faster than most can blink. So I think the whole 'pellet' thing has been ruled out long ago.

The suit can be a problem, but Bruce has 10 minutes!! Barely enough time to read up and figure out what this Parker feller is all about! Barely enough time to learn that he 'might' need said suit!

Takes me longer than 10 minutes to get dressed in the morning (being a bit facetious but you get the point I hope) ... How's he going to learn enough about Parker to imagine needing a suit, get the suit on, get to the 'parade' and tango?

With appropriate prep, Batman will beat Spider-Man. But not in 10 minutes.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By acer51

@The_Mayhem_Theory said:

@acer51 said:

Sounds like a contradiction, or I may be confused by this. Don't you mean that Batman might win without prep, but this is Spider-Man overkill? Because Spider-Man still has his Spider-Sense, reflexes, speed, etc., whereas Batman doesn't. This should be a win for Spidey.

I was referring to Spiderman who i think would win if Batman had no prep.

Of course the effectivness of Batmans prep does depend on how much knowledge of Spiderman Batman has.

silversurfer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By silversurfer89

yes I read the OP, Suit or not, Batman still loses. and I really dont know how Batman would figure out how strong and fast Spiderman is anyway. all Spiderman has to do is wrap Batman up in his web. it can hold the Hulk, and everybody knows The Hulk is stronger then Batman.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kcaz
@Super_SoldierXII said:

@kcaz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@kcaz said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Peter's spidersense would warn him ahead of time of their use and get him out of harms way of the pellets. They are not insta area of effect pellets. Spider-Man can jump 30 feet in the air faster than most can blink. So I think the whole 'pellet' thing has been ruled out long ago.

The suit can be a problem, but Bruce has 10 minutes!! Barely enough time to read up and figure out what this Parker feller is all about! Barely enough time to learn that he 'might' need said suit!

Takes me longer than 10 minutes to get dressed in the morning (being a bit facetious but you get the point I hope) ... How's he going to learn enough about Parker to imagine needing a suit, get the suit on, get to the 'parade' and tango?

With appropriate prep, Batman will beat Spider-Man. But not in 10 minutes.

idk, spider sense is an advantage, but spiderman was tagged plenty of times by enemies much slower than him, bruce should have no problem. besides, bruce is a very skilled martial artist, and skilled martial artist already have sort of a spider sense during fights, but not as quick of course
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By nefarious

Yay, Spidey wins. Thanks for giving Spidey the advantage.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Spidey wins

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jorgevy

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@iSWAGthenSURF said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@iSWAGthenSURF said:

mannnn i can make a decked out stacked out sanwich in 6-7 minutes breh. get at my level kid

Lol. I take my time ... like to savor the process :P

you're one of my guys ;) cooking is the preliminaries for eating

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jayfournines

Well...crap...I really want to say Spiderman...but with a bit of prep, usual gadgets and a suit that equals strength and durability I believe Batman will finally be able to beat Pete in the Vine

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Jayfournines said:

Well...crap...I really want to say Spiderman...but with a bit of prep, usual gadgets and a suit that equals strength and durability I believe Batman will finally be able to beat Pete in the Vine

Spidey still has the overall advantage in terms of stats, plus spider-sense and 6 times as much prep. Batman can beat Spider-man with enough prep...but 10 minutes isn't going to cut it.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Deadcool

@jashro44 said:

Talon never owned bruce when he was trying. He curb stomped him when he was drugged, exhausted and stabbed from behind and heavily wounded.

Well, yes...

The first fight the talon landed a few strikes but bruce said he was no using skills.

Ok, I haven't read Knightfall, so I guess you are right .

Unless you are talking about the new 52 bane (who is stronger and faster then before) bane only beat bruce with prep.

Spider-man stull faster and stronger (and Smarter) than new 52 Bane.

And where does it say he doesn't have access to the batcave?

Well, the battle takes place in a parade, I don't think that they are near to the Batcave.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jashro44

@Deadcool: Not sure about spider-man being tactically smarter then bane...Bane is actually fairly intelligent. He is supposedly smarter in the new 52 since the venom increases his speed (I heard he beat flash with prep but I can't confirm it). Unlike spider-man bane is more skilled so that is a factor. Bane had him outclassed in speed, strength and durability. Here the only factors batman has to compensate for is speed, agility, and precognition. He is matched with durability and strength. Spider-man has to compensate for much greater skill and superior gadgets and better degrees of pain tolerance. I mostly brought up batman not having resources because the other post I replied to broguht up spider-mans tech, if we are assuming peter will show up with gadgets why don't we assume the same for bruce? Which rereading your comment shouldn't have been brought up, my apologies.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shawnbaby
@jashro44 said:

@Deadcool: Not sure about spider-man being tactically smarter then bane...Bane is actually fairly intelligent. He is supposedly smarter in the new 52 since the venom increases his speed (I heard he beat flash with prep but I can't confirm it). Unlike spider-man bane is more skilled so that is a factor. Bane had him outclassed in speed, strength and durability. Here the only factors batman has to compensate for is speed, agility, and precognition. He is matched with durability and strength. Spider-man has to compensate for much greater skill and superior gadgets and better degrees of pain tolerance. I mostly brought up batman not having resources because the other post I replied to broguht up spider-mans tech, if we are assuming peter will show up with gadgets why don't we assume the same for bruce? Which rereading your comment shouldn't have been brought up, my apologies.

The whole argument for gadgets should never have been brought to the table regardless. In The OP it's stated Batman has Standard gear (aside from the new suit) and Spider-Man has Webshooters.  Nobody gets anything extra. 

In the end, Batman leveling the playing field in strength and durability doesn't matter much since Spider-Man's greatest advantages here are his speed and Spider-sense.  Batman doesn't have the prep time he would need to overcome these factors therefore he loses. It doesn't matter if he's as strong as Spider-Man if he can't hit him. 
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jashro44

@Shawnbaby: Heres the thing...Batman might be able to hit him. He has fought fast people before and parker doesn't have the best track record against skilled fighters. Normally I think he would win by taking advantage of his better physical stats all around on other characters (spider-man vs deathstroke I see him knocking the blade out of his hands with his greater strength, 1 shot captain america [don't see him being able to block super strong attacks],etc). Webbing most likely wont restrain batman, in amazing spider-man 666 a person with spider powers broke spider-mans webbing so webbing wont work on batman here. Batman has block a few of spider-mans attacks. spider-man most likely is faster and might land more strikes but batman has some pretty good pain tolerance (like his recent showings against the talon) so he can take more punishment. Batman being equal to spider-man in strength and durability is a huge help for him.

Avatar image for mrbossawesomedude
MrBossAwesomeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I edited the rules. No prep for either, random encounter. Hopefully that makes it a little bit more even.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shawnbaby
@jashro44 said:

@Shawnbaby: Heres the thing...Batman might be able to hit him. He has fought fast people before and parker doesn't have the best track record against skilled fighters. Normally I think he would win by taking advantage of his better physical stats all around on other characters (spider-man vs deathstroke I see him knocking the blade out of his hands with his greater strength, 1 shot captain america [don't see him being able to block super strong attacks],etc). Webbing most likely wont restrain batman, in amazing spider-man 666 a person with spider powers broke spider-mans webbing so webbing wont work on batman here. Batman has block a few of spider-mans attacks. spider-man most likely is faster and might land more strikes but batman has some pretty good pain tolerance (like his recent showings against the talon) so he can take more punishment. Batman being equal to spider-man in strength and durability is a huge help for him.

Not most likely faster. undeniably faster. Batman has Peak Human Speed, Agility and Reflexes. Spider-Man has Super-Human Speed and reflexes, plus his Spider-Sense which allows him to use those things to optimal efficiency. Batman is a superior fighter though and he'd probably be able to get a few shots in and even block some of Spidey's...and that extra durability will allow him to take some of those hits that get through. Batman has good Pain tolerance...but so does Spidey. The Durability goes both ways too and Spidey will be able to Tank Batman's hits that he can't avoid. Also, remember that Spider-Man has his "Way of the Spider" here...and while that doesn't make him as skilled as Batman in the H2H department..combined with his speed and agility it levels the playing field there considerably. In the end it's going to come down to Avoidance and that's where Batman loses. He's just going to be taking way more hits than Spider-Man will and eventually that will wear down that extra durability. 
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shawnbaby
@MrBossAwesomeDude said:

I edited the rules. No prep for either, random encounter. Hopefully that makes it a little bit more even.

Doesn't really change anything. Batman didn't have enough prep time for it to make a difference and Spider-Man didn't need the Prep time to win. 
Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@MrBossAwesomeDude said:

Still as terrible a match as any........

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Spidey. With old rules or new.