• 62 results
#1 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

the spider VS the bat.
who wins?

#2 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

easy Spider Man

cos Marvel RULES!

#3 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

You said it! Spidey takes batman down with one web sling. Then as Batty's crying inside his web, Spidey says, "Quiet, or papa spank."

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

The Time Keeper says:

"Quiet, or papa spank."

Haven't heard that in a while.

#5 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured it was about time to throw it in there somewhere.

#6 Posted by Blue Nighty (374 posts) - - Show Bio

batmans sucks spiderman wins

#7 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is the crappiest superhero I've ever seen... Batman wins with preparation!!!!!

#8 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say, Bats would give Peter a serious run for the money, but I think he would eventually lose the first battle. After all the crazies and all the situations Bruce has been in over the years, I think he MIGHT have some stuff in his utility belt that would help counter Spidey's webbing and a few other things.

In a second battle, Bats would definitely have the upper hand, especially if Peter stupidly said "my spider senses are tingling" as he always seems to do. Bats would then go back to the lab, use his Bat computer and detective knowledge to figure out a jamming device of some sort, and thereby gain the upper hand. I'm not saying that any battle after the first would be a cakewalk for Bruce, but I do think he would probably be able to beat the wall-crawler after their initial battle.

#9 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep time and Batman gets pulped. Spiderman is way faster, way more agile, and probably 100 times stronger than Batman. In a "real" fight not driven by sales, Batman literally could not lay a hand on spiderman, and after taking one head shot from spiderman Batman would be Batdead.

#10 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigious Man says:

"I gotta say, Bats would give Peter a serious run for the money, but I think he would eventually lose the first battle. After all the crazies and all the situations Bruce has been in over the years, I think he MIGHT have some stuff in his utility belt that would help counter Spidey's webbing and a few other things. In a second battle, Bats would definitely have the upper hand, especially if Peter stupidly said "my spider senses are tingling" as he always seems to do. Bats would then go back to the lab, use his Bat computer and detective knowledge to figure out a jamming device of some sort, and thereby gain the upper hand. I'm not saying that any battle after the first would be a cakewalk for Bruce, but I do think he would probably be able to beat the wall-crawler after their initial battle."

"my spider senses are tingling" that's classic.

I think that Spidey would win the first battle but with all of his obvious weaknesses, Batman could easily beat him in subsequent fights. He has the knockout gas, he could hit him with sonic attacks, devise a chemical that increases the rate that his webbing dissolves (as you mentioned), etc... One thing though. Spidey has been known to gear up for fights before and after a couple of losses to different types of attacks, he would use his often underrated intelligence to prepare for any foreseeable possibility and tilt the balance back in his favor.

#11 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"No prep time and Batman gets pulped. Spiderman is way faster, way more agile, and probably 100 times stronger than Batman. In a "real" fight not driven by sales, Batman literally could not lay a hand on spiderman, and after taking one head shot from spiderman Batman would be Batdead."

I agree with you there. That first fight would not be pretty for Batman.

#12 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldbe fun to watch, but yeah Bruce would get his ass handed to him.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

The third fight would be fun since they'd both know what to expect from each other and have some kind of strategy prepared.

#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

First fight Spider-Man wins with out a challenge. Spidey is just to quick for Batman to react too.

Second fith Batman comes up with some plan or strategy. It almost works but at the last second Spidey avoids it due to his Spider-Sense that Batman wasn't ready for and Bats gets knocked out.

Third fight Spidey is ready for some plan now that he has seen what bats has come up with. Bats realized from the second encounter that Spidey has some sort of "danger sense" and creates a way to cancel it out. Both combatants both fully prepared Spidey still takes the win due to him being skilled as well and having his powers as an advantage as well.

#15 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote the Wall Crawler, because Bats will say "We'll meet again, Spider-Man!!!!!"

#16 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Batman have some sort of defense for getting web out of his face or being able to hit someone he can't touch? Spider could take on the whole Bat family without too much trouble.

#17 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5429 posts) - - Show Bio

I`m gonna bump cause a new one was linked here :P 

Seems kinda obvious, Bats with prep, the Spider in random encounter.......BUT we all know there is more to it than that ;P 
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.  

#19 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm ODing in Spider-man vs Batman.
#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: This is the original. I bumped it so that people would post here as opposed to the dupe. :P
#21 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_: This is the original. I bumped it so that people would post here as opposed to the dupe. :P "
I'm still ODing, original, or not. :P
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_: This is the original. I bumped it so that people would post here as opposed to the dupe. :P "
I'm still ODing, original, or not. :P "
:P How many are on the first page right now, four?
#23 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
:P How many are on the first page right now, four? "
I think so, but there is always the chance that I'm seeing double.
#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
:P How many are on the first page right now, four? "
I think so, but there is always the chance that I'm seeing double. "
You're not. There are three from the same guy and then this one. -__-
#25 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

It can go either way if the fight is on morals. If spidey use webbing and if he tag him, he wins. If not, considering batman's superior tactical mind and gadgets, he wins. And is more likely for batman to win here.
With morals off, spidey one shots him.

#26 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: That's not good....=[
#27 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" It can go either way if the fight is on morals. If spidey use webbing and if he tag him, he wins. If not, considering batman's superior tactical mind and gadgets, he wins. And is more likely for batman to win here.With morals off, spidey one shots him. "
This. (Good explanation, Spidey.)
#28 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Thank you....=D
#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#30 Posted by SSFMM (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins

#31 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@SSFMM: Actually it can go either way.
=]
#32 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: Random encounter? Not even close to either way. Spider-Man could beat Batman with his eyes closed.

Although that's sort of not as big a deal for him, since he has spider-sense.

Unless Batman has BatSpiderRepellant.
#33 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dro: Yes it can actually go either way.

First of all, spidey will hesitate to one shot batman due to the fact that he holds back. If you want a proof chack his fight with daredevil, he didn't one shot him. 
Spider-man's spider sense will be a pretty good help to dodge most of his hits. Batman will realize that spidey is too fast for him to keep up so he will use his superior tactical mind to put spidey in a position that he will let him to hit spidey in a similar way that captain america did.
Also batman can also use a powerful gadget in order to bring spidey down like a sonic batarang.
The only way that spidey can win without him being afraid of hurting too much the batman is if he incapacitate him with webbing.
=]
#34 Posted by xmenfallen (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

batman because he can make an anti spiderman spray

#35 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man wins.

#36 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

Webhead

#37 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
" Webhead "
Based on how SpiderMan uses his powers and fights when morals apply, it can go either way.
#38 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Ideed.
=]
#39 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467:  True. Does Webhead usually hold back on people who are weaker than him, while he can go all out on superhumans? The only way Spidey could win is by webshooting or by outsmarting him IMO.
#40 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
" @Silver2467:  True. Does Webhead usually hold back on people who are weaker than him, while he can go all out on superhumans? The only way Spidey could win is by webshooting or by outsmarting him IMO. "
Basically. Unless he is bloodlusted or serious and, thus, not in his usual, comedic predisposition, he will not make full use of his strength and speed. 
#41 Edited by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: So basically what you're saying is, a guy with genius intellect, years of combat experience, and pre-cognitive alerts to danger is going to get outmaneuvered and defeated by a guy with at most 1/40th of his strength, 1/15th of his reaction time and reflexive speed, and a few expensive toys? That makes a whole lot of sense.

EDIT: and don't bring "going easy" into this. Spider-Man could handle Batman with half those physical stats just due to the level to which he is above Batman.
#42 Edited by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep: Bats 

No prep: Spidey

#43 Edited by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dro: Yeah, that's why when spidey was holding back against DD he didn't one shot him. So you are saying that batman is NOT intelligent. Not that it matters cause intelligent does not matters here. What matters is the tactical abilty that batman's superior to those of spidey's. Cap is also less stronger and faster than Spidey but his superior tactical mind let him to pit spidey in a position that let him to land a hit on spidey. Batman will realize that he can not hit spidey so he will use his faaar superior tactical mind in order to hit Peter with a nerve strike or something. Or he can even use his gadgets in order to beat or slow him down.
Don't ignore facts. Don't ignore the fact that spidey won't one shot him, don't ignore the fact that Bruce has superior tactical mind that can let him hit spidey like it helped captain america.
 Also for your information i never said that spidey can not win. If use incapacitation he can win and easy.
=]
#44 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" @Dro: Yeah, that's why when spidey was holding back against DD he didn't one shot him. So you are saying that batman is intelligent. Not that it matters cause intelligent does not matters here. What matters is the tactical abilty that batman's superior to those of spidey's. Cap is also less stronger and faster than Spidey but his superior tactical mind let him to pit spidey in a position that let him to land a hit on spidey. Batman will realize that he can not hit spidey so he will use his faaar superior tactical mind in order to hit Peter with a nerve strike or something. Or he can even use his gadgets in order to beat or slow him down. Don't ignore facts. Don't ignore the fact that spidey won't one shot him, don't ignore the fact that Bruce has superior tactical mind that can let him hit spidey like it helped captain america.  Also for your information i never said that spidey can not win. If use incapacitation he can win and easy. =] "
Also don't ignore the fact that other physically inferior martial artists besides Captain America and Daredevil have taken strikes from SpiderMan before. Don't ignore the fact that SpiderMan often is not serious and does not utilize his speed. BatMan may be able to land hits on SpiderMan, considering Daredevil was able to. Yes, SpiderMan's reflexes and speed are superior, but he has still been struck by opponents slower than himself. The only way that would not happen is if he is bloodlusted or at least serious enough to use his powers to a greater extent. 
#45 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Soloman said:
" Prep: Bats  No prep: Spidey "
Not exactly. 
#46 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Soloman said:
Not exactly.  "
Bats outsmarted Darkseid, I'm sure he could come up with something for lil 'o Peter Parker
#47 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Indeed. Spidey rarely ultilize his speed when he faces inferior opponets.
=]
#48 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Soloman said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Soloman said:
Not exactly.  "
Bats outsmarted Darkseid, I'm sure he could come up with something for lil 'o Peter Parker "
The prep is not what I have disagreements on. He could surely defeat SpiderMan with prep, but he may very well do so without prep also. 
#49 Posted by Soloman (126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Fair enough.
#50 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Soloman said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Soloman said:
Not exactly.  "
Bats outsmarted Darkseid, I'm sure he could come up with something for lil 'o Peter Parker "
The prep is not what I have disagreements on. He could surely defeat SpiderMan with prep, but he may very well do so without prep also.  "
Agreed.
But i don't know if beating darkseid with prep was a good writing. If i'm wrong please correct me.
=]