This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 is gonna be playing on FX in a little, so I wanted to throw up a battle thread not Spider-Ock and of yours truly Peter Parker. So here it is, the OG Spidey back in action and up against another street-leveler who some say is relatively his equal in combat, also embracing a successful franchise. All rules apply.

Rules/Settings

• New Earth & Earth-616 Versions
  • In Character
  • Morals On
  • 24 Hours Prep Time
  • Standard Gear
  • Unpopulated Location
  • Fight Starts 100 yards apart
  • Spider-Man shows up web-slinging and Batman makes his appearance riding in his Batmobile

Marvel vs DC

#2 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

24 hour prep time? Meh, i would edge it to Bruce.

#3 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

24 hours Prep for both? Spidey Wins.

Also, there's nothing really original about this thread here so I would not be surprised to see it get locked.

#4 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty obvious Spidey would win. Bats is just peak human. Spidey actually has powers, and they are powers that would overshadow most of Batman's greatest feats.

Plus, this fight's been done at least a billion times. If not more. It's as outdated as Goku vs Superman.

#5 Posted by russellmania77 (14421 posts) - - Show Bio

batman makes spidey cry... unless spidey is already crying as usual

#6 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm Batman with prep>>>>>>>>>>Spiderman with prep. I wonder who wins.

#7 Edited by jashro44 (19199 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

Spider-man doesn't always cry and batman isn't making him do anything. And batman has gotten emotional as well anyways.

@calebhara said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Not that cut and dry considering the OP limited them to standard gear. Spider-man massacres him in these circumstances IMHO. Batman isn't coming up with a tactic in these conditions to beat spider-man. Considering he has to use the prep to figure out what spider-man is capable of not even Bruce can pull this off. And that's not even acknowledging spider-mans own prep. The prep isn't going to be nearly enough to compensate for spider-mans physicals. He has no way to figure out about spider-sense in one day either.

#8 Posted by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@russellmania77 said:

Spider-man doesn't always cry and batman isn't making him do anything. And batman has gotten emotional as well anyways.

@calebhara said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Not that cut and dry considering the OP limited them to standard gear. Spider-man massacres him in these circumstances IMHO. Batman isn't coming up with a tactic in these conditions to beat spider-man. Considering he has to use the prep to figure out what spider-man is capable of not even Bruce can pull this off. And that's not even acknowledging spider-mans own prep. The prep isn't going to be nearly enough to compensate for spider-mans physicals. He has no way to figure out about spider-sense in one day either.

This.

#9 Edited by Esquire (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes me sad that people think Bruce can win here. Spidey has pretty excellent prep feats himself, and he has no obvious weaknesses for Bruce to exploit. This is a very one-sided fight, honestly.

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't spiderman weak to ethyl chloride or something? o_O

#12 Edited by russellmania77 (14421 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by VeganDiet (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Sort of. I believe that weakness has only been shown like two or three times, and one of the times it only slowed him down for a very short moment. I don't think using that would be enough for Bats to pull a win. I also doubt that Bats would be able to discover such a weakness with such a short amount of prep time.

#14 Posted by pooty (10748 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Sort of. I believe that weakness has only been shown like two or three times, and one of the times it only slowed him down for a very short moment. I don't think using that would be enough for Bats to pull a win. I also doubt that Bats would be able to discover such a weakness with such a short amount of prep time.

I have never heard of that. what is it? where is it found? why does it hurt spidey?

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@vegandiet said:

I have never heard of that. what is it? where is it found? why does it hurt spidey?

Ethyl Chloride is the active ingredient in most Bug Killer Sprays.

#16 Posted by VeganDiet (945 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Amazing Spider-man Issues 109, i think, and 291. I don't have easy access to 109, so I can't remember how exactly it affected him there, but in 291 it just slows him down for a little bit. After he gets a second to recover, he's perfectly fine and as strong as ever.

I believe it's only been used by Alistair and Spencer Smythe's Spider Slayers.

The only explanation for why it harms Spidey is that it "slows down insects."

#17 Edited by God_Spawn (37180 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@russellmania77 said:

@calebhara said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

Spider-man massacres him in these circumstances