I would vote for Arthur all rounds.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will vote Spidey for rounds 1 and 3.

In b4 anyone says aqua man is FTL even though he doesn't have combat speed close to that.

Ace13385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman all rounds.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Spidey has what it takes to Hang with Aquaman. Both characters can be vastly underestimated but Spidey doesn't really exhibit the power necessary to do a lot of damage here I think. Aquaman can hang with Deathstroke in a fight and while some will argue Spidey is faster, I don't think he's that much faster and capable of delivering enough force. Aquaman also has greater martial ability. The one thing Spidey does really have is the ability to control the pace of battle with manuevering, but I don't think that will matter. The suit will help him last a long while, but I think he's going down.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman is out of Spidey's weight class.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this suit has the durability to deal with Arthur, but strength might be the only issue. I don't know if he has what it tos to KO Aquaman.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: your post made no sense

aquaman can hang with deathstroke, but not spidey?

spidey >> deathstroke

spidey has him beat in every aspect except in being tactical

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i say spidey round 1 and 3

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins:

I think either you misinterpreted me or I was not clear. Aquaman can hang with Deathstroke, and Wonderwoman too. He has the speed to hang with Spidey though Spidey will have the reflexes to outmanuever defensively with his spider-sense and webbing gives him some advantages there as well. The armor will give Spidey durability. Aquaman is way out of Spidey's league in terms of Spidey being able to hurt him though. I could be wrong though since I am not anywhere near up to date on Spidey, but he isn't harming the likes of Superman I don't think.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: aquaman >>>>>>>>>> deathstroke

aquaman >>> spider-man

aquaman >> ends of earth spidey

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aquaman all 3 rounds

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Aquaman with absolute ease... He is not FTL but he is fast enough to keep up with wonder woman and strong enough to brawl against Hercules. He can lift 15.000 tons which makes him about 200 times stronger than peter

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Heatblaze

Spiderman can't beat Namor, what chance does he have against someone just as strong and durable?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Spiderman beat Firelord

Firelord would obliterate Aquaman

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Heatblaze

@heatblaze123: Spiderman beat Firelord

Firelord would obliterate Aquaman

I have mix feelings about that fight.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

aquaman

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By comicfan11
Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 - Aquaman

2 - Spider-Man

3 - Spider-Man

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love peters combat speed and agility here as well as his precog abilities...but he's going to have to put in some considerable work to get pass an impressive Arthur...

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquaman

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

I love Spider-Man. I like him better than Aquaman.

But who one likes better has nothing to do with wins a fight. That's why:

Due to comparable speed and superior strength---AQUAMAN WINS.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: That fight is one of the main reasons the terms PIS and CIS where created.

It's the best example of a writer having a character win when there's no logical explanation for it.

It was even highlighted in this article on CBR, where a character that shouldn't win, won

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2015/03/18/the-wrong-side-spider-man-vs-firelord/

Yeah that fight was PIS and WIS, it's like a bad joke. X Men couldn't beat him and Thor struggled with, then Spidey comes along and beats his @ss.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter's only chance is in round 3 with prep. Otherwise Aquaman takes these with ease, he's pretty much base Hulk level strength and durability but a lot faster and his trident is more than capable of piercing Peter's suit. With prep and knowledge Peter might be able to come up with something like Batman managed, or maybe some more powerful cryo-pellets.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Squirrel Girl effect.

Arthur for round 1 and 2 with little difficulty.

Round three is odd. Arthur has ridiculous things he could bring to a prep fight. But, he is unlikely to go up to 11 against a peak high street level character.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fish-man .

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rpgesus

Aquaman all rounds

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Spidey has what it takes to Hang with Aquaman. Both characters can be vastly underestimated but Spidey doesn't really exhibit the power necessary to do a lot of damage here I think. Aquaman can hang with Deathstroke in a fight and while some will argue Spidey is faster, I don't think he's that much faster and capable of delivering enough force. Aquaman also has greater martial ability. The one thing Spidey does really have is the ability to control the pace of battle with manuevering, but I don't think that will matter. The suit will help him last a long while, but I think he's going down.

b-b-b-ut Spidey>Deathstroke

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898:

Deathstroke is a better combatant (skillwise) than Spidey and capable of hitting Flash. The point was that Aquaman like Deathstroke is not as fast or powerful as many DC speedsters, but capable of hitting them. Spidey is nowhere near the speedsters of DC, nor the martial equal of Deathstroke (though he is often underrated). Spider-sense isn't going to stop him from being hit by a man who can hit people who have the capacity to perceive and react in mili or nanoseconds.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: his edge? did YOU JUST ASK WHAT IS EDGE IS?!

WHAT THE FUDGE??!!

HIS EDGE IS THAT HES FREAKING SPIDER-MAN DUDE

No Caption Provided

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spider-ManWins
NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NICK31898

@namasthetu: Deathstroke is able to hit flash due to PIS.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898:

PIS is plot induced stupidity. Deathstroke (and Aquaman, and everyone else) hits speedsters persistently in different plots. At that point it becomes BIS, Brand Induced Stupidity. Every DC character has to be able to be that fast because they made a primary character and a whole crapload of villains that fast. We don't like Spidey because he's the the most powerful badass (insert Mary Sue title) of them all, we like him because more often than not he is written in such a way that he overcomes guys as potent as Aquaman with cunning and sheer tenacity.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By comicfan11

@nick31898: Aquaman can also charge and tag WW, who is much faster than Spidey.

Spiderman is no where near as fast or quick as WW.

And all the other stats are heavily in Aquaman's favor.

And he is much better combatant and tactician than Spidey ever was.

Done and done.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By newecho

Could spidey not win round 3?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: Aquaman charging wonder woman doesn't mean anything unless you know how fast she was moving.. She gets tagged as does most every speedster by beings much slower than she and them... Spiderman himself gets tagged by people who have no business even coming close to touching him...

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By comicfan11

@newecho: I know she was engaged in battle, attacked him first and thought he was betraying the JL.

She was looking at him directly (while he had his back turned) and still couldn't dodge.

Similar to what would happen to Spiderman, who is leagues slower than WW.

And they also fought a second time which ended in a draw.

Both of which are feats waaaaay above Spiderman.

Also Aquaman fought and was faster than Martian Manhunter (although it was underwater).

Plus we know that Aquaman can cover (via leaping) miles in a second as he has done multipe times in the New 52.

Spiderman is also not that fast.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Aquaman

2. Aquaman

3. Spidey

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: I am not arguing that wonder woman isn't above spidey,, I am arguing about the speed .. Her not dodging doesn't me she couldn't have... Her durability is leagues above what aquaman can dish out especially if she is engaged.. You are talking about the throne of atlantis right?

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By comicfan11

@newecho: Yeah and WW durability in the New 52 (especially before she became goddess of War) is most certainly not above Aquaman's. Her own run by Azzarello made that perfectly clear.

Also in ToA she was affected by Atlantean energy rifles, which are way below what Aquaman can dish out (especially with the Trident, which if Aquaman had used he could hurt WW really bad).

Plus when AQ tackled her she was enraged and actively engaged in battle.

Aquaman grabbed her by the neck and imobilized her for a moment.

If Aquaman had used the Trident instead of his fists he would most certainly hurt her badly.

So no WW had no reason whatsoever in letting Aquaman (who she believed had turned enemy) hit her.

And you are also ignoring the fact that one of the main points/reasons of the ToA crossover was (as stated in multiple interviews by Johns) to showcase the power levels of the JL (and especially Aquaman) and how he stacks against the rest of the JL. That's one of the main reasons this fight happened. And in this fight Aquaman tagged Superman (while SUperman was looking straight at him) and WW (while she had the element of surprise and was also looking at him).

Also it doesn't change the fact that Aquaman can (on land as well as underwater) cover miles per second, which is way above Spidey's speed.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: it is well known across the board that deathstroke is street level. Spiderman is the king of street level and could probably beat deathstroke blindfolded.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: I didn't compare aquaman's durability to wonder womans. I said she can take what he can dish and I was trying to clear up the fact that he hit her didn't mean he was faster than her. I haven't seen him cover miles per second either which I am not doubting he can either. Its also wrong if you think spidey can't cover miles in a second.. I am not even arguing for spidey as he isn't in Arthur's class of strength. Aquaman is at least 4 times stronger maybe even more.. I just don't think Arthur wins due to speed, I think he wins the first two rounds due to a distinct strength advantage.. I think spidey could at least make round 3 interesting..

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman Stomps

No Caption Provided

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By comicfan11

@newecho said:

@comicfan11: I didn't compare aquaman's durability to wonder womans. I said she can take what he can dish and I was trying to clear up the fact that he hit her didn't mean he was faster than her. I haven't seen him cover miles per second either which I am not doubting he can either. Its also wrong if you think spidey can't cover miles in a second.. I am not even arguing for spidey as he isn't in Arthur's class of strength. Aquaman is at least 4 times stronger maybe even more.. I just don't think Arthur wins due to speed, I think he wins the first two rounds due to a distinct strength advantage.. I think spidey could at least make round 3 interesting..

I edited my post above so you might have missed my point, but the thing is with the Trident (and WW at that point considered AQ an enemy and a traitor) AQ can easily hurt or even kill WW.

At that point WW had no reason whatsoever to not dodge.

All in all she was lucky AQ didn't use the Trident (not that he would, but WW didn't know that at the time) instead of his hands, else that tackle would hurt WW badly.

Anyway yeah speed is not the deciding factor here, but it;s not an advantage for Spidey either.

And with prep, if Spidey can enlist the help of Reed I believe he can take it, but going by that then AQ can use the entire JL, and then Spidey can call on the Avengers, etc etc...It depends on what is allowed and what isn't allowed in those 2 weeks of prep.

If they go strictly by using their own resources, then Spidey is again at a huge disadvantage. Spidey has his tech but AQ can call his entire army and arsenal of magic items.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

I edited my post above so you might have missed my point, but the thing is with the Trident (and WW at that point considered AQ an enemy and a traitor) AQ can easily hurt or even kill WW.

At that point WW had no reason whatsoever to not dodge.

All in all she was lucky AQ didn't use the Trident instead of his hands, else that tackle would hurt WW badly.

Anyway yeah speed is not the deciding factor here, but it;s not an advantage for Spidey either.

And with prep, if Spidey can enlist the help of Reed I believe he can take it, but going by that then AQ can use the entire JL, and then Spidey can call on the Avengers, etc etc...It depends on what is allowed and what isn't allowed in those 2 weeks of prep.

Yeah I read the edited part after I had responded.. I get what you are saying but I am probably not making my point very well

Just because she had no reason not to dodge doesn't mean she would dodge....If you want to show speed, show him dodging someone who is blitzing or tagging someone who is already moving. That's my point. Characters hit other characters all the time and that doesn't mean they are as fast as said characters. Aquaman may very well be as fast as wonder woman.

I agree,, It was really just semantics I was arguing : P....

Idk, peter is in the top ten smartest people of marvel earth. I think he could do some things without Reed. He has done some amazing things with prep, its kind of his thing... I think this could be close...Its the only round he has a chance in,, that's for certain...

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By comicfan11

@newecho: OK I see what you mean.

And I'm not even suggesting Aquaman being as fast as WW on land. That wouldn't be true.

All I'm saying is he can tag her during combat (and is of course faster underwater). That's all.

Also yeah Spidey has a chance on scenario 3.

No doubt he is much smarter and great at thinking on his feet, but Aquaman is a better tactician with military training (I know Spidey got trained by Shang Chi recently for a short period of time but AQ trains constantly with the Atlantean Military, the Others and the JL and has done so for much longer) with much more resources and personel (again not counting other heroes and technologies from other people or teams, so no Stark and Reed for Spidey, no Mera and Justice League for AQ)