#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man Villains

Shocker

Lizard (pre-shed & feral - won't harm teammates)

Rhino

VS

Wolverine Villains

Sabretooth (regular bone)

Lady Deathstrike

Silver Samurai

Unpopulated. Conditions as seen in picture. Vehicles are abandoned and stationary. Begin 30 feet apart.

Rules

-Random encounter.

-Standard gear.

-In character.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

Staff
#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider-Fanboy in me says team 1.

The logical debater in me says team 2.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

Staff
#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Why?

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Why?

Silver Samurai could actually through Rhino, taking him out for the count.

Same thing for Lizard.

Shocker is useful because of his range and accuracy, but I don't think he can keep Sabertooth or Lady Deathstrike down and will go down at some point.

#6 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Sabretooth or Deathstrike solos. The only complication I see is the Lizard.

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine villains stomp, Sabretooth could take em out on his own.The biggest challenge is Lizard.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23904 posts) - - Show Bio

no one on team Wolverine is soloing...come on  T_T

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone solos here.

@4joeblow said:

Either Sabretooth or Deathstrike solos. The only complication I see is the Lizard.

They don't solo, but SS or Deathstrike could cut Lizard.

#10 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@4joeblow said:

Why not? Rhino is an idiot, Shocker is a chump, and Lizard (pre-shed and feral) is primal.

#11 Edited by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: @4joeblow: No one on team Wolverine is soloing. Lizard alone could give Sabretooth or Lady Deathstrike a good fight and potentially win.

And how does no one view Shocker as a factor, especially in this setting?

Staff
#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow: Rhino is still a physical powerhouse, Shocker is an underrated threat(and the smartest member of his team) and Lizard is surprisingly quick and deadly.

#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@4joeblow: Rhino is still a physical powerhouse, Shocker is an underrated threat(and the smartest member of his team) and Lizard is surprisingly quick and deadly.

Agreed.

Staff
#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow: How does pre-Shed Lizard being "primal" mean anything against him? How is Shocker a "chump?" And Rhino isn't an idiot, unless you choose to only read the handful of instances where he's treated as such, and then disregard everything else.

Staff
#15 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

That's not saying much lol

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Agreed.

I'd hope so you made the freakin' match! :P

#17 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: IM aware of that i was just giving an example

#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow said:

@Decoy Elite said:

That's not saying much lol

He's also smarter than everyone on Team 2. :P

#19 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@4joeblow: How does pre-Shed Lizard being "primal" mean anything against him? How is Shocker a "chump?" And Rhino isn't an idiot, unless you choose to only read the handful of instances where he's treated as such, and then disregard everything else.

I think you already know what you want to hear. ;D

#20 Edited by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow said:

@k4tzm4n said:

No, I don't. I clearly disagree with those statements and if you're serious I'd like to hear you defend them, foo!

Staff
#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

And how does no one view Shocker as a factor, especially in this setting?

I don't know if blowing up cars will be effective enough.

He useful to a fault because he can't really keep anyone down IMO.

#22 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@4joeblow said:

@k4tzm4n said:

No, I don't. I clearly disagree with those statements and if you're serious I'd like to hear you defend them, foo!

*face palm*...................Someone want to explain to k4tzm4n what my statement meant? lol

#23 Posted by one_upper (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Wolvie villains win, but I'll play devils advocate for more fun.

#24 Posted by whacknasty (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say the Wolverine villains, mostly because I think the speed/accuracy and lacerating damage output from Sabretooth and SS would be too much to overcome on the same team.

I dont think Rhino would be able to land a blow on SS before getting hamstringed or damaged in some other way that would make him easier to take out, and Sabretooth could possibly soak a few glancing blows in order to get inside of Rhinos reach and open him up (is Rhino's suit resistant to slashing damage at all?)

Shocker I'm not too familiar with... How much damage can his suit negate? How powerful on average are his blasts? Strong enough to damage Deathsrike's cyber parts at all? Or can they effect a large enough radius to stop any head on rushes from the Wolverine villains (like a thunder clap maybe?)

Lizard is probably the most dangerous because he can also deal lacerating damage, is strong/agile enough to also cause damage with his tail, and can heal too... Maybe it would come down to Connors and Vic, which could be a 50/50 to me...

#25 Edited by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine villains will defeat the Spider-Man villains handily. Silver Samurai has the ability to cut through any of them if they even dare attack, and that's not even counting the quick speeds/reflexes of Creed and Deathstrike.

#26 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

The Wolverine villains will defeat the Spider-Man villains handily. Silver Samurai has the ability to cut through any of them if they even dare attack, and that's not even counting the quick speeds/reflexes of Creed and Deathstrike.
#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@4joeblow said:

Why not? Rhino is an idiot, Shocker is a chump, and Lizard (pre-shed and feral) is primal.

You said Sabretooth or Deathstrike can solo, then said these things about the Spider-Man team.

How am I the one misunderstanding anything? if that's the case, you need to elaborate instead of facepalm.

Staff
#28 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: He sited Juggernaut tagging Spider-Man as a reason that Shocker tagging Spider-Man isn't a good feat.

Just so you know what you're walking into.

#29 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

How are people missing the fact that:

A) While Rhino can be taken out, he can also one-shot Lady Deathstrike or Silver Samurai

B) Shocker's sheer power and he's the ONLY person with projectile capabilities here.

C) While Lizard or Rhino can definitely be dropped, they're not just going to lose and that's it. Either of these are more than capable of dishing out damage before falling.

Staff
#30 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@4joeblow said:

@k4tzm4n said:

*face palm*...................Someone want to explain to k4tzm4n what my statement meant? lol

#31 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Obvious troll is obvious.

#32 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Agreed.

Staff
#33 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

A) While Rhino can be taken out, he can also one-shot Lady Deathstrike or Silver Samurai

B) Shocker's sheer power and he's the ONLY person with projectile capabilities here.

C) While Lizard or Rhino can definitely be dropped, they're not just going to lose and that's it. Either of these are more than capable of dishing out damage before falling.

A) SS and Deathstrike can take him out rather quickly and are fast enough to dodge his attacks.

B) He's a valid threat, but he can't keep them down IMO.

C) True, but they still lose.

I don't think this fight as one sided as most seem to think it is. But the Wolverine rouges still win IMO.

#34 Edited by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

1. When has Rhino ever one-shotted Spider-Man on a regular basis, let alone people who have healing factors.
  2. Just because Captain America can use his shield as a projectile, doesn't guarantee him an automatic win against someone like Wolverine. Shocker is a chump.
  3. Besides charging like an idiot on most occasions, what other techniques does the Rhino have? Creed and Deathstrike aren't statues.
#35 Posted by TypH (375 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman villians all the freaking way, they are way cooler to just saying.

#36 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypH said:

I love saying the names of Batman villains, but that doesn't automatically constitute to a win for a particular team.
#37 Posted by TypH (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@TypH said:

I love saying the names of Batman villains, but that doesn't automatically constitute to a win for a particular team.

the spidey villians are cooler, better stonger then the batman villians, i don't go into details about my picks just because i don't have the time to.

#38 Posted by ShadowKing (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Logan wins after a tough fight. Rhino can't beat anyone on that team, they are too fast.

#39 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypH said:

the spidey villians are cooler

Subjective. 

@TypH said:

t better stonger then the batman villians

Entirely disputable.
#40 Edited by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow said:

@k4tzm4n said:

1. When has Rhino ever one-shotted Spider-Man on a regular basis, let alone people who have healing factors.
  2. Just because Captain America can use his shield as a projectile, doesn't guarantee him an automatic win against someone like Wolverine. Shocker is a chump.
  3. Besides charging like an idiot on most occasions, what other techniques does the Rhino have? Creed and Deathstrike aren't statues.

1) He hasn't, but he has the strength to one-shot Silver Samurai or Lady Deathstrike if he connects. Spider-Man is far more agile than either them. And it's IF he connects. I didn't say he WILL, I said he CAN. There's a difference. Want to prove it won't happy to Silver Samurai or Lady Deathstrike? Then step up and prove it. Calling them "idiots" and "chumps" doesn't cut it... at all.

2) That connection is invalid. Shocker not only has an emphasis on projectiles, but is a powerhouse. His blasts are rapid and powerful. They won't be easy to dodge and he can definitely dish out some damage. Limiting his role to "he's a chump" just shows a complete lack of knowledge surrounding the character. Want to learn more about him? I'll gladly help. But if you want to keep playing the "chump" card, enjoy the lack of respect on this site. We're all here to have fun and chat about these characters, but no one respects downplaying, especially without valid reasons.

3) Techniques? What does that have to do with anything? He's a low level powerhouse and he holds the potential to give anyone here trouble.

I think we're done here.

Staff
#41 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

You comic vine's equivalent of a hall monitor now? Grow up please.

#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@k4tzm4n said:

A) SS and Deathstrike can take him out rather quickly and are fast enough to dodge his attacks.

B) He's a valid threat, but he can't keep them down IMO.

C) True, but they still lose.

I don't think this fight as one sided as most seem to think it is. But the Wolverine rouges still win IMO.

A) Silver certainly can with a proper stab, but slashes will be far less effective. Then there's the fact that if he connects with a strike that's going to certainly take out Silver Samurai. I'm not saying he will for a majority, I'm saying he can and that's true.

B) What has Lady Deathstrike done to prove otherwise? Or Silver Samurai? The only person I think that could actually withstand a beating from Shocker is Creed.

C) Then keep the debate going. I'm not debating sh*t, I'm calling out blatant downplaying by some people.

Staff
#43 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n

Pffft excuses excuses. Like I said, I think you already know what you want to hear. You know I CAN run at super speeds if I WILLed it so.

#44 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: A) Point. I'm not saying SS will completely clown Rhino either.

B) I thought SS had a good amount of defense and doesn't Lady Deathstrike have a healing factor? >.>

C) Shall I perform the ancient Decoy art of flip flopping?

#45 Posted by k4tzm4n (40213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite:

A) Word.

B) His armor does deploy a good amount of durability, but from Shocker? He's getting knocked around and eventually KO'd.

C) Do itttttt!

Staff
#46 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@4joeblow said:

@ReVamp said:

No, technically speaking I'd be the class bully. Works both ways I guess.

#47 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: B) If you think so. You know more about SS than me.

C) Time to employ Operation: Shocker Blast

#48 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine team are all trained in forms of hand to hand combat

#49 Posted by 4joeblow (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@4joeblow said:

@ReVamp said:

No, technically speaking I'd be the class bully. Works both ways I guess.

Kissing @ss is how you become a Moderator on this sight, not internet bullying (rather petty) son.

#50 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Illuminatus said:

LET'S DO THIS THING!

While it is true that SS can cut Rhino he's certainly not going to one shot Rhino like Rhino can one shot him(or anyone else on the Wolvy villains team).

Shocker can any of three as he's able to take on Spider-Man and he's the most intelligent fighter here, so he will use his environment to his advantage. Blowing up cars and cover to get to his opponents.

Lizard is also a very valid physical threat, who'd outright be able to take Creed and give either DS or SS trouble(they'd only get a majority over him because they're actually able to cut his durable hide)