Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Classic Kaine, Ultimate Goblin, Lizard, and Eddie Brock Venom heard at the Water Cooler all the trash Morlun been saying. How he is the best and most powerful Spider Man villain of all. They start a classy school yard beat down!

Who wins in this battle on the streets!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@cadencev2: Are Lizard and Venom Classic or Ultimate?

EDIT: Nevermind, the pics didn't load.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@rogueshadow said:

@cadencev2: Are Lizard and Venom Classic or Ultimate?

Lizard as Pictured and Ultimate Goblin. Eddie Brock Venom.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun probably stomps lol

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, he was easily overpowered by Other Spider Man who is only a mere 25-50 toner IIRC.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jashro44

Only ones here who can do damage to morlun are lizard and Kaine due to stabbing damage. All though morlun has a healing factor so that wont work. Lizard and probably venom are going to seriously feed his totem powers. Kaine in character at this era tended to tank attacks often which might be unwise.

This comes down to if Kaines DNA will poison morlun. Otherwise morlun takes this IMO.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@cadencev2: Didn't The Other Spider-Man also had bit of prep?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto said:

Maybe, he was easily overpowered by Other Spider Man who is only a mere 25-50 toner IIRC.

It wasn't that he was overpowered per-say. There were reasons Spider-man beat him:

1. He was feeding. Morlun has demonstrated that he is weaker when he begins feeding in both their encounters and his encounter with Black Panther.
  2. Peter was able to "kill" him the second time due to the "Other"s totem connection. The same thing happened with Shathra who was also a totem eater like Morlun. Peter couldn't beat her with brute force so had to lure her to the "Other"s temple so its magic could destroy her.
  3. Peter isn't pure. Due to the fact his blood is irradiated with radiation Morlun had trouble feeding on him and this went as far as weakening him the firs time.

None of the people in opponent list fit any of this criteria not to mention as none of them are totems Morlun would have no reason to feed on them even if they poisoned with radiation.

The guy tanked the entire of Wakanda's missile defenses without a scratch and tore through adamantium. So yeah without prep unfortunately this team won't be winning. They won't be able to bypass his durability.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: The guy tanked the entire of Wakanda's missile defenses without a scratch and tore through adamantium.

He... ? Whoa.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: The guy tanked the entire of Wakanda's missile defenses without a scratch and tore through adamantium.

He... ? Whoa.

Yep Morlun is a boss. they had him trapped in an adamantium net and he ripped it apart:

No Caption Provided

And here he is Vs the whole of Wakanda's defenses:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun more often than not.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HeraldofGanthet
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

:

@heraldofganthet said:

He... ? Whoa.

Yep Morlun is a boss. they had him trapped in an adamantium net and he ripped it apart:

And here he is Vs the whole of Wakanda's defenses:

No Caption Provided

Wow.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: What I don't understand is that he was also stabbed in the stomach with a spear

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: He was feeding on the Black Panther totem at the time which is consistent with the fact he is weaker when he feeds.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By laflux

@dondave said:

@strider92: What I don't understand is that he was also stabbed in the stomach with a spear

@strider92 said:

@dondave: He was feeding on the Black Panther totem at the time which is consistent with the fact he is weaker when he feeds.

Also you can have resistance to Blunt Explosive trauma while still suffering to Penetrative forces. Wonder Woman has tanked a blow from the sun to earth from a sun amped Superman, and was only very briefly knocked unconscious, and has punched out a Nuke, and yet bullets can penetrate her. Since his powers, like hers, are magical in origin, I can accept that that Morlun's resistance to different trauma's may vary.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morlun.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@dondave said:

@strider92 said:

Also you can have resistance to Blunt Explosive trauma while still suffering to Penetrative forces. Wonder Woman has tanked a blow from the sun to earth from a sun amped Superman, and was only very briefly knocked unconscious, and has punched out a Nuke, and yet bullets can penetrate her. Since his powers, like hers, are magical in origin, I can accept that that Morlun's resistance to different trauma's may vary.

I always found characters varying resistances to different attacks to be ridiculous.

Listen, if a guy can survive getting B-smacked by Hulk without losing all his skin, than a bullet is bouncing right off his skull. I don't care what the writers have to say.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@nickzambuto: Listen, if a guy can survive getting B-smacked by Hulk without losing all his skin, than a bullet is bouncing right off his skull. I don't care what the writers have to say.

I can see how you reached this conclusion. But I have a test for you that you can do sitting at your computer desk:

Ball up a fist. And gently (but with a little pressure so you feel it) press it into your outer biceps on the other arm. Remember that feeling. Now take your same fist except this time protrude the first two knuckles outward past your ring finger and your pinky and press it into the same spot on your outer biceps. Entirely different feeling, right? This is how we were taught to throw a punch in the Navy because it focuses all of your punch throwing arm's force into that one spot, at least tripling your damage output (even more if you're extra diesel). Bullets, arrowheads, swords, battle axes, rebar thrown at super high speeds, etc.. should illicit the same outcome.

Hope this was in some way helpful to you, both here on the 'Vine, and if you get into a fight in the near future!!

@strider92: Yarp he also lolstomped Spider-man twice with ease:

Did this freaking guy just eat Spider-man's eyeball and pluck away a dumpster? What the hell, man...

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Listen, if a guy can survive getting B-smacked by Hulk without losing all his skin, than a bullet is bouncing right off his skull. I don't care what the writers have to say.

I can see how you reached this conclusion. But I have a test for you that you can do sitting at your computer desk:

Ball up a fist. And gently (but with a little pressure so you feel it) press it into your outer biceps on the other arm. Remember that feeling. Now take your same fist except this time protrude the first two knuckles outward past your ring finger and your pinky and press it into the same spot on your outer biceps. Entirely different feeling, right? This is how we were taught to throw a punch in the Navy because it focuses all of your punch throwing arm's force into that one spot, at least tripling your damage output (even more if you're extra diesel). Bullets, arrowheads, swords, battle axes, rebar thrown at super high speeds, etc.. should illicit the same outcome.

Hope this was in some way helpful to you, both here on the 'Vine, and if you get into a fight in the near future!!

I see what you're saying, but (just as one example) the difference in power between a bullet, and the friggin Hulk, should more than make up for the penetrative advantage of a bullet. I still don't think it makes any sense for characters to tank hits from planet cracking powerhouses, yet die from bullets two minutes later. If a bullet can pierce your flesh, then a 100 ton punch can shred that same flesh.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet said:

I see what you're saying, but (just as one example) the difference in power between a bullet, and the friggin Hulk, should more than make up for the penetrative advantage of a bullet. I still don't think it makes any sense for characters to tank hits from planet cracking powerhouses, yet die from bullets two minutes later. If a bullet can pierce your flesh, then a 100 ton punch can shred that same flesh.

It doesn't make sense. But its fiction so we basically go with what we got. If we are being realistic then too much stuff would have to be different...For example Bane has bigger muscles then spider-man but we all know Peter is stronger. It wouldn't make sense in real life but it does in fiction.

loseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By loseup

wow, navy guy!

anyway, if it's a beat down than morlun will stomp, but if they have strategy, 80% they will win

lol

and dude, I don't hold back if I'm angery, it depends on HOW angery he is.

post limit reached.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to point out, Hulk never intentioly kills. Thus you can get Bslap by Hulk and live. He simply holds back 90% of the time.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loseup: wow, navy guy!

Wow back at'cha, mon ami!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@strider92: Yarp he also lolstomped Spider-man twice with ease:

Did this freaking guy just eat Spider-man's eyeball and pluck away a dumpster? What the hell, man...

Yeah he ate his eye lol. Spider-man managed to regenerate it but still not a nice thought.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Yeah he ate his eye lol. Spider-man managed to regenerate it but still not a nice thought.

Yeah that's just sick, man. I haven't read any of the issues featuring Morlun, so this is all news to me. I hope they killed this freak off. Not comic book dead, but "We're never going to draw this freakshow again under any circumstances" dead.

This guy creeps me out. And I've been to Iraq....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@heraldofganthet: Spider-man has killed him twice. Once by using prep and infecting him with radiation and secondly by giving into the Other and eating Morlun lol:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It seems Morlun's nigh-impossible to kill though. He just goes back to the negative zone and gets reborn.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team goes down pretty hard.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: It seems Morlun's nigh-impossible to kill though. He just goes back to the negative zone and gets reborn.

Sneaky bastard....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strider1992

@heraldofganthet: Yep. If its any concelation he can only get out of the negative zone if someone frees him though. So as long as no-one is stupid enough to do it then he should stay there.

The Other related arc's in Spider-man had some freaky villains though. Morlun the crazy guy who tried to eat him, Shathra the one who tried to feed him to her insectoid babies by pretending she was his girlfriend and the Queen who for a better word wanted to ermmm.....perform weird sexual fantasies with him (yeah you don't wanna know)..........come to think about all the arcs relating to the Other were pretty damn creepy........good arcs but majorly messed up.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HeraldofGanthet
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: JMS and someone else (who I forget) although the arcs themselves were really good lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@strider92: I don't think they were that weird, weird for Spidey, but not in general. I'd wasn't keen on the Art Work during the Queen arc either.

On topic -

Morlun wins with relative ease, I haven't rea the scans of Morlun vs Wakanda, that was simultaneously awesome and stupid. Morlun has this no problem, even discounting his stint with Wakanda.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Problem with the Queen ac IIRC (I actually had that one) was she was a Experiment by SHIELD. How did she relate to the Other?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: She was part of the Dissasembled Arc that led up to the Other IIRC.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: She was part of the Dissasembled Arc that led up to the Other IIRC.

Which I had. I got rid of it since I thought it was so lame lol.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Yeah I didn't like that one. It started of well then went downhill fast.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto said:

It wasn't that he was overpowered per-say. There were reasons Spider-man beat him:

1. He was feeding. Morlun has demonstrated that he is weaker when he begins feeding in both their encounters and his encounter with Black Panther.
  2. Peter was able to "kill" him the second time due to the "Other"s totem connection. The same thing happened with Shathra who was also a totem eater like Morlun. Peter couldn't beat her with brute force so had to lure her to the "Other"s temple so its magic could destroy her.
  3. Peter isn't pure. Due to the fact his blood is irradiated with radiation Morlun had trouble feeding on him and this went as far as weakening him the firs time.

None of the people in opponent list fit any of this criteria not to mention as none of them are totems Morlun would have no reason to feed on them even if they poisoned with radiation.

The guy tanked the entire of Wakanda's missile defenses without a scratch and tore through adamantium. So yeah without prep unfortunately this team won't be winning. They won't be able to bypass his durability.

I seem to remember Spider man's villains being described as totems in that story arc as well. Because they're animals. So could that be a factor in their victory?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By nefarious

Morlun is incredibly haxed. He might win.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers