Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This gauntlet is a tad different from the standard ones. In this gauntlet:

-Pete is bloodlusted.

-The objective is for him to get through each wave without necessarily having to fight. HOWEVER, if he should get caught, can he beat the opponents listed?

-No prep, BFR or battlefield destruction.

-The location(s) will actually change (like a Danger Room simulator) as Pete slings and runs through different environments.

-First go around, no rest. Second, without rest.

-Everyone starts out of sight.

Wave 1- Gunmen Round, abandoned hotel.

(Pete has to get to the bottom floor of a 3 story hotel and get out. No jumping out of windows to the bottom. He can use stairs, elevators and vents)

Two-Face, Penguin, Nick Fury, Black Widow and Joker.

Wave 2- Marksmen Round, rush hour in NYC.

(Pete has to travel one mile in NYC from point A to point B. The snipers will placed throughout the city)

Bullseye, Hawkeye, Punisher, Green Arrow and Deadshot.

Wave 3- Peak Skill Humans Round, SHIELD Aircraft Carrier

(The carrier has been compromised and is en route to deliver bombs to HYDRA. Pete has a half hour to regain control before it lands. *ignore the fact that there are good guys fighting too, lol*)

Deathstroke, Nightwing, Winter Soldier, Deadpool and Captain America.

Wave 4- Stealth Round, Amazonian rain forest.

(Pete will have to hike 3 miles through a dense rain forest to a helipad located near a river)

Killer Croc, Black Panther, an Elite Predator, Batman, Sabretooth and Wolverine (both with adamantium)

Wave 5- Blast Round, subway station.

(A one mile excursion in the depths of NYC's notorious subway stations. In this round, the team has morals, however, they can trap Spider-Man with a blast should they be able to)

Cyclops, Bishop, Gambit, Jubilee, Shocker and Green Goblin.

Wave 6- Reappear Round, a LARGE funhouse (think lots of mirrors, doorways and such)

(Pete has to find his way out of said Funhouse)

Shadow Kat, Nightcrawler, Blink...accompanied by Warpath and Luke Cage for protection.

Wave 7- Tag Team/Team Buster Round, 13 Ghosts Home

(a home made of glass that will release a team/Buster every hour. Spidey can try to hide [there are some places inside said home], but he must survive for the 6hrs. The glass in the movie wasn't indestructible, but for this it will be)

Hr1- Blob and Iron Fists

Hr2- Elongated Man and Mr. Fantastic

Hr3- War Machine

Hr4- Midnighter

Hr5- Cyborg and Iron Man

Hr6- Omega Red

Ok, that's it. I've typed a lot. Damn these things take time. Hope y'all enjoy it. Remember, Pete is bloodlusted, and doesn't ALWAYS have to engage the threats. However, the threats ARE looking to engage Spider-Man.

How far does our web-slinger get?

If you play video games, check out Game Zone: Fan's Choice on Facebook.

Happy fighting.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should stop at wave 7.

I like my coffee how I like myself, Dark, bitter, and too hot for you.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2 if not 3 definetely.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dre_Savage
Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage:

To many characters that could crush Peter.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage:

Third.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aee: hell no stops at 2 or 3 spidey could travel a mile in less than 2 seconds

stops at 7 wave 4

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@leo-343 said:

He almost lolstomps until 4 which I'm not sure, of the fact that he doesn't have to fight makes things interesting. Eh I'll say he stops at 5. No way is a bloodlusted Spiderman stopping at 2 or 3.

I think I agree with this overall.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at marksmen. I think most of the characters on that wave are being vastly underestimated. Deadshot can hit faster opponents, and his armor can take some hits. Ollie has some ridiculous trick arrows (Greek Fire, Needle Spray, impact) that have decimated metahumans. Hawkeye has hit Spiderman before, as has Punisher. Anyone alone is destroyed, but I think together they take it.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dre_savage:

Deathstroke and Deadpool are not peak-humans, they are low level meta-humans, and Cap is barely peak-human, even though i do consider him peak-human.

Spider-Man stops at 3...Deathstroke and Deapool together would be enough.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: @bat_girl_cc:

Fire, definitely a fair assumption there man. I figured even though he had the Spider-Man Sense, that SOMEONE has to put a bullet in the back of his head. Especially if they're concealed in the crowd.

BG, engaging him in H2H? Or with guns and such, keeping a distance?

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marksmen slaughter with standard gear. He will hurt badly by a high powered round or arrow.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dre_Savage

@tbemrmccoy:

How do the marksmen deal with his spidey sense?

(No arguing, just asking)

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: @bat_girl_cc:

Fire, definitely a fair assumption there man. I figured even though he had the Spider-Man Sense, that SOMEONE has to put a bullet in the back of his head. Especially if they're concealed in the crowd.

BG, engaging him in H2H? Or with guns and such, keeping a distance?

The later, because since Peter is bloodlusted here, if he lands one hit on either of them, if could be game over for one of the members of the team...unless Slade gets to use his New 52 Nth metal armor.

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By axle124

technically he could clear this,,, he only has to survive the 6 hours for the last one and can hide...

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at wave 5 for sure and wave 4 possibly if he takes too much damage in first 3 waves

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Spider-Man Tests His Skills in this Gauntlet" Yeah, then proceeds to quickly getting dispatched at Wave 2 and just forget anything from Wave 3 and beyond.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

since he doesn't have to fight, he could clear.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage: it would help him dodge most shots fired, but all it takes is one headshot,

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man can definitely get passed round 2. A mile is big and the snipers are few, they're going to be spread very far apart, and Peter likely won't have to come anywhere close to any of them in order to reach his goal.

I like this thread, very original.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dre_Savage

@robertloucksjr: @ariesxmasters: @nickzambuto: @tbemrmccoy: @christianrapper: @bat_girl_cc:

BG, so IYO (and I'm not coming at'cha), but you think he'd pass having 5 marksmen hidden in a crowd, but would get hit by Slade and Wade? Again, not coming at you, just curious. I learn a lot here.

Mccoy, I agree. One headshot is all it takes.

Christian, well, the snipers are looking for him, so whilst Spider-Man is trying to avoid them, they COULD hit him if you think they're skilled enough.

Masters, I hear ya' man. The second could be really difficult.

Robert, roger that. Thanks for responding.

Nick, thanks man... I think I'm going to do weekly situational battles. Follow me if you want my man.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robertloucksjr: @ariesxmasters: @nickzambuto: @tbemrmccoy: @christianrapper: @bat_girl_cc:

BG, so IYO (and I'm not coming at'cha), but you think he'd pass having 5 marksmen hidden in a crowd, but would get hit by Slade and Wade? Again, not coming at you, just curious. I learn a lot here.

Mccoy, I agree. One headshot is all it takes.

Christian, well, the snipers are looking for him, so whilst Spider-Man is trying to avoid them, they COULD hit him if you think they're skilled enough.

Masters, I hear ya' man. The second could be really difficult.

Robert, roger that. Thanks for responding.

Nick, thanks man... I think I'm going to do weekly situational battles. Follow me if you want my man.

No problem.

Slade and Wade (when Wade is serious) are not just some random marksman...Slade is even known as being the best mercenary there is in DC! though others have also been stated as being the number 1...on top of that they are meta-humans in agility, strengh, speed, durabillity, etc. Slade can also use 90% of his brain.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at three imo. Definitely 4

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batking200: @bat_girl_cc:

Yeah, I know about the 90% thing. That is SO bad ass. I love it.

King, why do feel that IYO?

dartanous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually pretty interesting. As I see it, something like this would/could happen.

Wave 1: If it came down to a fight, I believe he could defeat any of these guys, but then again, Spiderman is incredibly stealthy. I'm not sure if 'bloodlusted' means he is not in his right mind to stealth here, or just that he won't shy away from killing. Assuming he can stealth and think fine, only nick fury or black widow could feasibly spot him I think, but they'll be splitting up most likely, cover more ground. Assuming he runs into one of them on his way down, which isn't a sure thing, they could probably spot him, and spidey could take them down. However, they both uses gunfire, and the sound alerts the other opponents around, which, at this point, He COULD win against them all, going injured and winded into the next wave, or, more probably, flee downstairs. None of them has the means to catch a full-speed spider-man, so for his sake, I'm guessing Spider-Man is smart enough to know he's better of rushing past the rest, knocking some heads on his way if he has to.

Wave 2: One mile doesn't take him that long when he's going fast by web. And there is a very small likelihood of every sniper being on the path Pete is going to take, however, Peters incredibly bad luck will mean that they all actually WILL be placed somewhere where they can see him swing. On top of that Pete will have a cold or something. The problem here is that sniping Spider-Man is just never going to happen unless they can screw with his spider-sense somehow. This lineup of marksmen could easily take Spider-Man down (and I am a huge spider-fan saying this) IF they coordinated, but it does not say that they are, and since there is no prep time, I'mma say that the same goes for the opponents. The first sniper will take a shot, Spider-Man will dodge, and he is now aware of people trying to potshot him. Also taking place in manhattan, he can quickly turn left and put a building between him and his attacker, and thus they're no problem anymore. Rinse and repeat. By no means should these attackers be underestimated with their sniping ability, and in a straight up fight, giving enough time to learn how spider-man dodges or how his spider-sense seems to work and warn him, I think most if not all of them could think of a way to counterattack this and 'shoot where he is going to dodge in a bullshit way that his spidersense didn't warn him off', if it was in their own comic book. However, they will lose sight of spider-man swinging around pretty quickly, leaving them only a few shots before he swings away, and I cannot ever see Spider-man losing here. This is pretty much a 'catch a breath' round for him.

Wave 3: well crap, this is going to be hard for him. Being a spider-man superfan, I am still going to try and stay impartial, and in a straight out fight, any one of these could give Spider-man a tough time, and I can't recall him ever beating any of them easily or quickly. However, Spider-Man is still the little boy wonder that can do anything, including defeating OR taking on and not being beat to shit, versus the whole of x-men, avengers, sinister six and hulk, AND being fired from every job he's ever had. So his best bet would be to NOT fight them all, and run around, trapping some of them in web, luring some of them away, and for the most part being very stealthy. I would say that he could also fight them all one at a time and win, since he has done the impossible like this before (in his own comics mind you, in teamcomics he is a fucking goober) but doing so would get him busted at the end of it. So I would say it going like this: He would lure the Nightwing away, maybe locking him outside the ship and/or kicking him off it. Captain America could probably predict where Spider-Man would be, but so would Spider-man, waiting in ambush for Cap, and web him completely to the floor and walls, so cap is stuck for an hour. Next up would probably be deathstroke, and webbing him down doesn't quite work with his bladed weapons, but as deathstroke realizes, shooting him doesn't really work either. This would be the first full out fight, leaving Pete with some scrapes and bulletholes in non-vital areas (which I concider an accomplishment), but eventually Deathstroke is knocked out or pounded through a metal wall or something. The Winter Soldier strikes me as the guy to wait for him at the control panel, where Spider-Man needs to be, and once again we have a fight. Altough here deadpool comes in and in his rambling insanity offs winter soldier and lets Spider-Man do his thing, because it would be funny? It might be a copout, but Wade Wilsons unpredictability is just that, at some point in this wave he is pretty likely to make it easier for Spider-Man somehow, if not at this point, then at some other. Then Spider-Man can get home too late and explain to aunt may that he was at the library because he is a nerd and she is gullible.

Wave 4: Well fuck, even harder, and I might say he loses this one, because (Black Panther notwithstanding, because I just don't know that much about him) every one of these bastards should be able to track Spider-Man. His usual going silent and hidden doesn't work for the most part. allright, so Peter's bad luck will make his wounds from the previous wave infected as hell, but let's ignore that for now. He will at some point trip and fall into the mud, making him invisible to the predator, and then immediately run into Killer Croc that can literally smell him coming a mile away. Spider-Man has fought similar opponents before, so he could probably win here as well, but it would not be long until either sabretooth or wolverine, also smelling him, arrives, so here is when Spider-Man either web the two opponents together, or waits for Killer Croc to attack either of them to slink away. Now all that remains is Batman, who thank GOD had no time to prepare for this particular event, and wolverine/sabretooth, while Black Panther is stuck in a pool of mud, hating life, and wondering where every one is. Spider-Man is horribly out of his element in this place, sticking out like a sore thumb, so no doubt the two of them would find him, but once again, for spider-mans sake, it happens one at a time. Batman, not having any forest-related gadgets on him because he wasn't equipped with that beforehand because he had no time to prepare for this especially because shut the fuck up, could feasibly be defeated by spider-man sortof easily. And with easily, that is me measuring their physical abilities against eachother, and while Batman beats stronger opponents all the time, now he is also out of his favourite environment and with no prep time, and spider-man can, and have, defeated top-tier martial artists without superpowers before, so points spider. Now he has to hope that wolverine/sabretooth, whichever of them is not currently fighting a pissed of Killer Croc, doesn't gut him, and victory here is by no means assured. However, it does occur to him that all he has to do is get 3 miles in that direction, and that he is much faster than his opponent, leaving him behind, incredibly pissed off. Also, for this wave, him webbing his opponents up will probably not hinder ANY of them for long, but he doesn't need much time. If things were optimal for Spider-Man he could power through this wave, but if they grouped up, which I assume they don't he is most likely dead. Altough at the time of writing this I realize Spider-Man could tree-jump Naruto-style, with none of his opponents able to do the same, so... Hmm... Maybe this will be easier on him than I though, altough that comic would be boring to read, so Spider-Man is most likely taking the hard path on the ground up until the very last opponent which he races by.

Wave 5: I could see him winning this as well, but he has wounds and fatigue from two previous waves, as well as a cold, an infection, and aunt may just got another heart attack, so peter is incredibly distraught over that, so he is not in a good shape. However, he is now very much in his best element, since none of these bastards can see well in the dark, which Spider-Man blends into pretty well when he wants to, and none of them should be able to detect him. So I'll assume that Jubilee and Shocker will be at the front, because nobody likes them so they got voted to 'be the first meatbags', and spiderman crawls on the walls or ceiling, sticking to darkness and gets by them. Up until his peter-luck kicks in and has a massive power surge in a lamp somewhere and they both spot him, at which point, two knuckle sandwiches and let's move on. I do not see Cyclops doing much here, since he is always super-concious about his optic blast and afraid of hurting people with it, and would not dare to shoot at such a fast-moving, super-dodging target as spider-man if there were others he could hit in a traincar, or cave in the tunnels. Besides, if he did, spider-man would dodge and then knuckle sandwhich, cyclops might have a powerful beam, but wpider-man can dodge it. and if not, he webs his eyelaser-doohickey, yanks it off, and cyclops is too afraid to open his eyes, too bad morality exists in this one. Now, the morality would be a big thing both for gambit and bishop, and once again, spider-man can dodge beams and thrown objects, assuming he isn't already passing them by on a train or sneaking along a dark wall. The biggest problem would be the green goblin. Now goblin at all times is completely hate-crazy about spider-man, and even without prep time I assume he has a stupid spider-man tracker or something, so he won't be sneaking past this guy. And even on spider-mans good days Goblin is a tough opponent to beat, and with the glider, Spidey can't even leave him behind like the other slowpokes. So this is a brawl, and I cannot argue with the fact that Spider-man could lose here, due to the condition he is in, but on the other hand, he is often in these Die-Hard John-Mcclain Walking corpse situations where you wonder how he can still stand, and still presses out the last piece of effort to win, and Green Goblin will at some point brag, giving Spidey time to do so. So he can still conquer this wave, leaving him basically dead for the next wave

Wave 6: I would love to read a comic about this battle, and I do believe Spider-Man would win, because he is the only one that cannot be fooled by the mirrors. After blundering into them a few times he'll realize he still has a spider-sense, and thus he now has a massive advantage over the other poor fools now trapped in here with him. But, alas, since this is his crucible, he has gotten through 5 forms of hell already, and passes out once he gets through the front door. The rest finds him unconcious in a pool of his own blood and mud and scratches their head, feeling bad about the guy.

teleportation powers works against them

So that is what I think anyway, he gets to wave 6, at which point he is not able to put up much of a fight, even with spider-sense, and soon gets knocked out. However, if he was not injured and fatigued from before, this might even be easier for him than wave 2, since teleportation powers must heavily be working against the poor teleporters that can't SEE WHERE THEY WANT TO GO:p Warpath might be able to adjust well to the mirror house, but spider-man could beat him, and luke cage is confused as hell, and bloodlusted spider-man would sneak up to him and jam pieces of sharp mirror into his eyes. Nightcrawler and Blink are so out of their comfort zones they poses less of a threat to spider-sense spidey then even jubilee in the previous round. Shadow Cat stay intangible because she doesn't want to get beat to shit and surprise attacks won't work, and they both die of old age. So, sorry for alot of god damned text, I'm gonna go drown myself in my own self-worth for a while.

dartanous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do I even bother writing that much >,<