Spider-Man runs the Gauntlet

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Anjales_II

A 10,000 dollar bounty has been placed on Spider-Man (Peter Parker)'s head and now he is targeted by different characters under various circumstances. Spidey has all his basic gear (unless stated other wise) consisting of his basic costume, utility belt which contains a very large amount of web fluid, including ice webbing, magnetic webbing, and freeze capsules.

Battle 1: Poison Ivy

Spider-Man hears about the spreading of a gas in a nearby Botanical garden and that the villain Poison Ivy is causing trouble. He has some information about Ivy and her effects on men and plants. He reinforces his mask to protect him from gases. When he arrives there, Ivy has control over several plant monsters and five bloodlusted guards with guns, who she orders to kill Spider-Man. Morals on.

Battle 2: The Secret Six

Two days later, as Spider-Man is swinging around New York, his Spider-Sense goes off and he narrowly manages to dodge a bullet. He lands on a rooftop and notices Deadshot aiming at him 2 blocks away. Then suddenly he is surrounded by the other members of the Secret Six consisting of Bane ( on Venom), Scandal Savage, Jeannette, Ragdoll, Black Alice and Deadshot. They all attack at once while Deadshot is firing from a distance with a high powered rifle.

Morals on. Spider-Man doesn't know any of his attackers. The team only know that he is strong, fast and can shoot webbing.

Battle 3: Clayface

Two days later, while in Horizon Labs, Peter hears a report that a villain by the name of Clayface is terrorizing downtown and is demanding that Spider-Man appear. Peter has 15 minutes to prepare before he sets off to fight Clayface. It is a heavily populated area.

Battle 4: The Superior Foes

Immediately after the battle, the Superior Foes, consisting of Boomerang, Shocker, Beetle, the villain called Speed Demon, Overdrive, attack Spider-Man. They see him as easy pickings after his battle with Clayface. The area is still heavily populated. Spidey retains all his gear from his previous fight.

Battle 5: Solomon Grundy

The next day, Peter receives word that a Grey version of the Hulk is terrorizing a Subway station. The Avengers are currently away so Peter is forced to confront this "Hulk" by himself and has 30 minutes to prepare himself. Once he arrives, he realizes this is not the Hulk. The area is heavily populated. Grundy is blood-lusted.

Battle 6: The Punisher and Moon Knight

Two hours after the previous fight, Peter is in his apartment and just took off his costume and gear. Suddenly a missle goes through his room and narrowly manages to avoid it. Punisher and Moon Knight crash in with all their basic gear with full knowledge of Peter's abilities, having prepared for him for two days. Morals off.

Battle 7: Deathstroke (New 52)

Immediately after the fight Deathstroke, who has been closely monitoring the previous fight, crashes in and attacks Peter with his regular gear. Peter is still without his costume and web shooters, but they are still in his apartment and he can retrieve them if he has the chance. Morals on.

Battle 8: Human Torch

The next day, Peter, while in Horizon Labs, receives word that a mind controlled Human Torch is looking for him. Both know everything about each other. Peter has 3 hours of prep. Morals on.

Battle 9: X-23 and Domino

One hour later, Spidey is ambushed by X-23 and Domino on a rooftop. No prep, morals off. Everyone has their basic gear.

Battle 10: Rhino and Hobgoblin (Phil Urich)

Peter is told that Hobgoblin is attacking Horizon Labs. He dons his stealth suit and goes there but is surprised that Rhino is also there. Hobgoblin and Rhino are blood-lusted. Morals off.

Battle 11: Superior Spider-Man

30 minutes after the Battle, Spider-Man is called by the Superior Spider-Man to meet him at the top of the Brooklyn Bridge. Superior has all the gear he's used so far. Spidey is still in his Stealth Suit.

Battle 12: Ultimate Green Goblin

Immediately after the battle, Osborn appears and reveals to be the master mind behind the Gauntlet, reveals his identity and then attacks Spider-Man. Spider-Man is blood-lusted and he still has his stealth suit.

Where does he stop?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. Peter should take round one. His speed and agility will prove to much, and he can one shot her.
  2. Sadly I don't know much about the secret six. I will say spider-man out of ignorance. I know he can take deadshot and bane pretty easily....I think he can take rag doll as well with ease but I know less about him. The rest of the characters I could use some more info on. I will also throw out the fact that spider-man is pretty good at fighting multiple opponents.
  3. Peter uses a cryo pellet. Unless I am missing something freezing clayface should be effective. If not acidic webbing may work. Or maybe he can use the environment to win.
  4. This round could be trouble....Shocker has been able to occasionally tag Peter and his gauntlets are kind of powerful...Then there is speed demon. Beetle doesn't have a lot of feats currently (assuming your talking about the girl). I don't see boomerang as a big problem. Not sure if overdrive gets his car but regardless peter can take him....Unless there are citizens around he can't really tag spider-man. He is limited to his car and Peter can just stay on the building. Peters durability and spider-sense have allowed him to tag speed demon in the past so I guess he can do the same here. With Speed demon gone he take shocker.
  5. Depends on the version of Grundy. The stronger versions (which fight superman and stuff) will stomp, the weaker versions (which lose to wild cat and batman) will get stomped.
  6. With just basic gear Peter can take them. Whatever tactic they plan to use they wont get the chance to use because they will get blitzed.
  7. This is tough.....I don't think Peter will be exhausted all though he doesn't start with webbing. I don't see him punching out Deathstroke in Nth metal. He is faster so he can avoid and once he realizes he can't punch him out, all he has to do is get a web cartridge. He might be able to rip the mask off as well. I will say he passes for argument sake.
  8. Peter due to prep. The issue before ends of the earth (or maybe it was the first issue of ends of the earth?) Peter had all ready defeated someone (forget his name) with the powers of human torch and iceman. He all ready has a plan to take Johnny down. And he has the terrain advantage as well since this is taking place in horizon. Only way Johnny wins is if he decides to go full super nova.
  9. He can take them. Morals off he decapitates X-23. Luck powers are impossible to determine. There only hope is dominos luck powers but its sort of something hard to debate for or against. I say he clears this round since luck is pretty much impossible to quantify. Luck=PIS. So this round isn't impossible for Peter to stop at but its hard to discuss.
  10. He takes them. Phils laugh is tough but the stealth suit has a anti-sonic mode. With it he beats the hell out of Urich. He may have a hard time hurting rhino with his new upgrades considering he couldn't really save silver sable from him, however with the stealth suit avoiding rhino isn't a problem at all. He can go get that device he made to deal with rhino since this fight takes place in horizon labs (forget what the device is called). It proved effective all ready in ends of the earth though prior to when rhino grabbed silver sable.
  11. Hmmmm.....Otto doesn't always listen to his spider-sense....All though it still might help against the stealth suit (at least I think it would all though its certainly debatable)...Normally I would favor Peter over Otto but he just fought Phil and rhino....I will say Peter edges out the fight....Not easily.
  12. This could be his stopping point. A bloodlusted spider-man is scary but he has just fought Phil, rhino and Superior spider-man....And Ultimate green goblin is impressive. This might be a toss up. If he still has the stealth suit he should take it as there isn't really a counter to it unless Norman decides to just nuke everything. Not sure otherwise....

All in all I would say the hardest rounds are rounds 4, 7, 8, 11, and 12. Not sure how hard round 2 would be.

Very good thread @anjales!

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should stop at 2, mostly because of Jeannete.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He clears.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO. Id be surprised if he got to round 4 but if he did Blue Beetle would stomp his sorry ass. Ive seen the thread a while back. It got locked due to mismatch. blue beetle won. Dont believe me? ask a mod.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im having a hard-time imagining Spiderman (Pete) soloing the Secret Six.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What can she do?

May I ask why? I am not the most knowledgeable on the secret six.

LMAO. Id be surprised if he got to round 4 but if he did Blue Beetle would stomp his sorry ass. Ive seen the thread a while back. It got locked due to mismatch. blue beetle won. Dont believe me? ask a mod.

Pretty sure thats a typo. The The Superior Foes of Spider-Man have a character called Beetle (Janice). Pretty sure thats who he meant.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian said:

What can she do?

@jasonhawke said:

@foreverevil said:

Pretty sure thats a typo. The The Superior Foes of Spider-Man have a character called Beetle (Janice). Pretty sure thats who he meant.

She has a scream which I think brought down Wonder-Woman. But as long as Spider-Man takes her down quickly, I don't she will be a problem, and he's fast enough to Blitz her IMO.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44

@laflux: All right...That could be a problem.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laflux

@jashro44 said:

And while where on the topic of the Secret Six, where's King Shark >:)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jashro44

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

How strong is king shark exactly?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

How strong is king shark exactly?

Strong enough to give Superboy a decent fight. So it was probably the right call to leave him out which leads me on to this

@jashro44 said:

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@jashro44 said:
  1. Peter should take round one. His speed and agility will prove to much, and he can one shot her.
  2. Sadly I don't know much about the secret six. I will say spider-man out of ignorance. I know he can take deadshot and bane pretty easily....I think he can take rag doll as well with ease but I know less about him. The rest of the characters I could use some more info on. I will also throw out the fact that spider-man is pretty good at fighting multiple opponents.
  3. Peter uses a cryo pellet. Unless I am missing something freezing clayface should be effective. If not acidic webbing may work. Or maybe he can use the environment to win.
  4. This round could be trouble....Shocker has been able to occasionally tag Peter and his gauntlets are kind of powerful...Then there is speed demon. Beetle doesn't have a lot of feats currently (assuming your talking about the girl). I don't see boomerang as a big problem. Not sure if overdrive gets his car but regardless peter can take him....Unless there are citizens around he can't really tag spider-man. He is limited to his car and Peter can just stay on the building. Peters durability and spider-sense have allowed him to tag speed demon in the past so I guess he can do the same here. With Speed demon gone he take shocker.
  5. Depends on the version of Grundy. The stronger versions (which fight superman and stuff) will stomp, the weaker versions (which lose to wild cat and batman) will get stomped.
  6. With just basic gear Peter can take them. Whatever tactic they plan to use they wont get the chance to use because they will get blitzed.
  7. This is tough.....I don't think Peter will be exhausted all though he doesn't start with webbing. I don't see him punching out Deathstroke in Nth metal. He is faster so he can avoid and once he realizes he can't punch him out, all he has to do is get a web cartridge. He might be able to rip the mask off as well. I will say he passes for argument sake.
  8. Peter due to prep. The issue before ends of the earth (or maybe it was the first issue of ends of the earth?) Peter had all ready defeated someone (forget his name) with the powers of human torch and iceman. He all ready has a plan to take Johnny down. And he has the terrain advantage as well since this is taking place in horizon. Only way Johnny wins is if he decides to go full super nova.
  9. He can take them. Morals off he decapitates X-23. Luck powers are impossible to determine. There only hope is dominos luck powers but its sort of something hard to debate for or against. I say he clears this round since luck is pretty much impossible to quantify. Luck=PIS. So this round isn't impossible for Peter to stop at but its hard to discuss.
  10. He takes them. Phils laugh is tough but the stealth suit has a anti-sonic mode. With it he beats the hell out of Urich. He may have a hard time hurting rhino with his new upgrades considering he couldn't really save silver sable from him, however with the stealth suit avoiding rhino isn't a problem at all. He can go get that device he made to deal with rhino since this fight takes place in horizon labs (forget what the device is called). It proved effective all ready in ends of the earth though prior to when rhino grabbed silver sable.
  11. Hmmmm.....Otto doesn't always listen to his spider-sense....All though it still might help against the stealth suit (at least I think it would all though its certainly debatable)...Normally I would favor Peter over Otto but he just fought Phil and rhino....I will say Peter edges out the fight....Not easily.
  12. This could be his stopping point. A bloodlusted spider-man is scary but he has just fought Phil, rhino and Superior spider-man....And Ultimate green goblin is impressive. This might be a toss up. If he still has the stealth suit he should take it as there isn't really a counter to it unless Norman decides to just nuke everything. Not sure otherwise....

All in all I would say the hardest rounds are rounds 4, 7, 8, 11, and 12. Not sure how hard round 2 would be.

Pretty much agree with this on the money. I too know nothing of Secret Six so I can't comment on round 2.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman clears

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian said:

What can she do?

@jasonhawke said:

@foreverevil said:

She took down Wonder Woman.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok guys don't be silly, Spiderman gets roflstomped in round 2.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 7

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Oops I made a typo, I meant Beetle from Superior Foes. Got it fixed.

Very nicely written and I agree with most of what you said. A few points though.

2. Quick info about Secret 6.

Scandal Savage: very skilled fighter, has a pair of gauntlets that can slice through almost anything, a very powerful healing factor that rivals Wolverine's.

Black Alice: it is said that she has the ability to absorb the powers of any magical being, she has taken the powers of the likes of Raven, Nightshade and Zatanna among others. Though I don't think she can absorb Spidey's since he's not a magical character.

Jeannette: She's arguably the most powerful member on the team, she is very durable and strong, but not as strong as Spidey but she can take some of his punches unless he holds back. She has an ability she calls the Death Wail where she unleashes a very strong banshee scream, but to do so, she needs to be fully immersed in her Banshee Mode. Also, her Banshee Scream causes her to be temporarily weakened. Her mind is also very fragile, a small cut on her neck once caused her to lose focus.

4. To be honest I was hoping someone wouldn't mention this as I was unsure which version to use myself lol. Let's say this is the stronger version, which took on the JL, we have to take into consideration that Spidey has prep, thinking he was going to face the Hulk, and he usually holds his own very well against the Savage Hulk, who is much stronger than Grundy.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Anjales_II

@laflux: To be honest I considered putting him in, but considering that he can exchange blows with guys like Super Boy and Aquaman, I though it would be a bit of a stomp for the Secret Six.

btw i'm hoping CM Punk finally gets his hands on Paul Heyman soon ;)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I was gonna say he loses at Deathstroke...but it was New52, then i was gonna say he clears but now Grundy is JL level and Spidey can do nothing to him. Period. Spidey can't ACTUALLY hold his own with Savage Hulk. That's for plot sake. So yeah, Grundy mutilates him. Also had doubts about torch, but Jashro said he had plans and devices to take him down so...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

Mmmmmm, Solomon Grundy's powers are so arbitrary.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales:

@dorukesin said:

stops at 7

How he beats Jeannete?

After looking at her page she does look durable enough to take a punch from king shark so maybe she is durable enough to tank a punch.

With that said her scream doesn't appear to be a concussion attack (it makes people feel the pain of her death apparently?) and Peter before he died had a ear piece to stop sonic attacks....Her scream may not work. Also tanking the scream doesn't sound to be an issue of durability but pain tolerance.....I am mainly going by what her page says/shows so I could be wrong.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@darkraiden: I was speaking hypothetically, still haven't decided which version I want to use, but here are some of his feats against Hulk. Do you think these are PIS? He's also done well against Red Hulk.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@darkraiden: I was speaking hypothetically, still haven't decided which version I want to use, but here are some of his feats against Hulk. Do you think these are PIS? He's also done well against Red Hulk.

Yeah those are 100% bonafide PIS. Almost the most nonsensical PIS since he beat Firelord.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey could clear it

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@dorukesin said:

stops at 7

How he beats Jeannete?

Speed-Blitz

huh? She tanked Wonder Woman' attacks, Spiderman is too weak to hurt her.

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Horrifically stomped at r2. Jeannette and Black Alice can both EASILY solo.

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bunt947
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman clears a combination of his speed and strength would overwhelm them he can react 40 times faster than a normal human and strong enough to drop a train on you.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laflux

@joygirl said:

Has Black Alice resisted Pressure points application before?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: ... ... ... :( ...You don't know anything about Black Alice, do you...?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@joygirl said:

She doesn't need to even gets close to Spider-Man to allow that to happen. She has the power on Dr Fate, Zatanna, Cheetah, Felix Faust, Wonder Woman, Etrigan, Misfit, Lobo and the Spectre on hold.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: @dondave: Blue Devil, Alan Scott, anyone from the Shazam family, Enchantress, the list goes on. Actually she should technically not be able to get Lobo's powers, that was PIS because whoever wrote her in RiH thought she was just any other power vampire.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@laflux said:

@joygirl said:

She doesn't need to even gets close to Spider-Man to allow that to happen. She has the power on Dr Fate, Zatanna, Cheetah, Felix Faust, Wonder Woman, Etrigan, Misfit, Lobo and the Spectre on hold.

No I was talking about Jeanette my bad. I skipped over Black Alice actually. In that case he gets owned.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Well Jeannette beat Wonder Woman 1-on-1. Sooo.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gokuwarrior

@joygirl:if spedy stops her from using her scream he will beat her,she was no match for wonder woman until she used her special scream.

still i don't know if that was valid though,WW should be very durable against psionics attacks.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

Wow, I didn't even notice Jeanette & Black Alice. This ends at round 2...without question.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers