Spider-Man(Peter parker) VS Nova (Sam Alexander)

Waterhybrid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both fight in NYC, bloodlust is on, morals off. Both have normal gear and there are no civilians.

So who would win?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Nova

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMagicStik

Yeah uh so one sided.....

SPIDEY OBVIOUSLY WINS, NEVA LOSE, SPIDEY SENSE PRECOG /s

But in reality Nova is a cosmic tier fighter, these guys are in different leagues.

Waterhybrid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both get no prep time as it is a random encounter

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nova stomps

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I know Sam's a kid but...Nova is a whole different league from Peter. Nova hands down, this is spite haha.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg....i almost feel bad for spiderman.......almost.

Waterhybrid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the replies guys!

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

nova stomps

I know Sam's a kid but...Nova is a whole different league from Peter. Nova hands down, this is spite haha.

Omg....i almost feel bad for spiderman.......almost.

Says it all.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nova stomps.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova easily.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cartoon version or Comic, Nova should win

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, this is a case of people looking at power sets only. Based on feats, Sam hasn't done a single thing to indicate he would beat a motivated Spider-Man; the kid is fairly incompetent. The Vine is frequently incongruous in its debating methodology.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sebast_Allen

My boy Sam!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By tparks  Online

@bringnit said:

Eh, this is a case of people looking at power sets only. Based on feats, Sam hasn't done a single thing to indicate he would beat a motivated Spider-Man; the kid is fairly incompetent. The Vine is frequently incongruous in its debating methodology.

This.

The new Nova would screw this up. He is just an awkward kid who is unable to control his powers. He has done nothing notable at all besides fly fast.

I don't think Spider-Man necessarily wins, but it is definitely possible. Nova could easily crash into the ground and Spider-Man would web him. Nova would be confused and just quit. Sam Alexander is just a confused kid who doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing in a fight. If you've read his current series, you'd know this is a very likely outcome.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sebast_Allen

@tparks said:

@bringnit said:

This.

The new Nova would screw this up. He is just an awkward kid who is unable to control his powers. He has done nothing notable at all besides fly fast.

I don't think Spider-Man necessarily wins, but it is definitely possible. Nova could easily crash into the ground and Spider-Man would web him. Nova would be confused and just quit. Sam Alexander is just a confused kid who doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing in a fight. If you've read his current series, you'd know this is a very likely outcome.

Have you read his series (just a question)

lol, he was pwning those chituari fleets, while spidey does have the clear skill advantage, nova's instinct from that battle alone proes he might be able to beat spidey

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 tparks  Online

@sebast_allen: I've had Nova on my pull list up until his most recent issue when I removed it. The series has been a pretty big disappointment for me and I wasn't willing to wait for it to finally become good. To be fair to Sam, all of cosmic Marvel has been disappointing since Marvel NOW started though.

I don't disagree that Nova can't win the battle, his power set does make him favored. My comment above was basically just describing a situation where Spider-Man could win. I just don't think it is a complete stomp like everyone who posted before me because of Sam's (current) incompetence. I'm sure this will eventually change, but he has been pretty lackluster up until this point. He has the power set to be a potential top tier heavy hitter, he just isn't there yet.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@sebast_allen: I've had Nova on my pull list up until his most recent issue when I removed it. The series has been a pretty big disappointment for me and I wasn't willing to wait for it to finally become good. To be fair to Sam, all of cosmic Marvel has been disappointing since Marvel NOW started though.

I don't disagree that Nova can't win the battle, his power set does make him favored. My comment above was basically just describing a situation where Spider-Man could win. I just don't think it is a complete stomp like everyone who posted before me because of Sam's (current) incompetence. I'm sure this will eventually change, but he has been pretty lackluster up until this point. He has the power set to be a potential top tier heavy hitter, he just isn't there yet.

true

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOVA FTW

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit said:

Is this new Nova that incompetent? Couldn't he just blow up the city with morals off? I don't really know anything about Nova but I was under the impression that Nova was a cosmic level being?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bringnit said:

Is this new Nova that incompetent? Couldn't he just blow up the city with morals off? I don't really know anything about Nova but I was under the impression that Nova was a cosmic level being?

I wasn't paying attention to the morals off portion of the battle, but he's very young and learning his powers on the fly. He typically doesn't know what his powers are and he stumbles upon them. So, yes, in theory he should win this easily with morals off, but he hasn't done anything to earn that.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova