#1  Edited By jashro44

Spider-Man & Kaine

VS
VS

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals are off and both sides are trying to win
  • This is scarlet spider kaine, I just used that picture because its cool
  • Kaine cannot turn into his full other transformation or use the stealth suit
  • The RWBY team gets all season and trailer feats
  • Win by death or KO
  • Random Encounter

• Begin visible
  • Begin 50 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Disclaimer: I'm making this match for a friend.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here are feats for the RWBY team:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Going with the spidermen till otherwise

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spidermen

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure RWBY have the speed, durability, strength, and skill to fight this. They also have special powers (like Ruby's super speed, Weiss Glyphs, yang's increased strength, or Blakes shadow clones) to turn the tide. They also have various magic attacks. Not to mention insane skill.

Avatar image for super_trunks555
Super_Trunks555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Super_Trunks555

well Kaine not able to reach full power will be sort of a hindrance to spiderman

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

One of these days I am going to actually watch RWBY.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@Wyldsong it a pretty fun show

Miracle-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Miracle-Sama

Spiderman solos, it's hilarious how much of a gap there is between him and a group of teenagers with little to no powers (Blake being the only one with an actual superhuman ability, and it still isn't enough to beat spiderman)

Also, lets be honest here, Spiderman is pretty strong even with his morals (If memory serves me correctly, Spiderman will not kill willingly unless under extreme circumstances), so with morals off, Spiderman will end this quickly. Basically only ruby herself stands a chance here, and even still Spiderman wins. I have no idea who Kaine is.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wyldsong it a pretty fun show

I have heard that before, and the funny thing is, about 3-4 hours ago, I was about to watch it, but got interrupted. I'll try again here in a bit.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

@wyldsong

One of these days I am going to actually watch RWBY.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman solos, it's hilarious how much of a gap there is between him and a group of teenagers with little to no powers (Blake being the only one with an actual superhuman ability, and it still isn't enough to beat spiderman)

Also, lets be honest here, Spiderman is pretty strong even with his morals (If memory serves me correctly, Spiderman will not kill willingly unless under extreme circumstances), so with morals off, Spiderman will end this quickly. Basically only ruby herself stands a chance here, and even still Spiderman wins. I have no idea who Kaine is.

Kaine is spider-mans clone. He is faster and stronger but lacks spider-sense. He is as agile as Peter but he doesn't use his agility the same way or as much (my theory is due to his lack of spider-sense he isn't as spatially aware). He has a solid pain tolerance, stingers as well, and organic webbing.

Here is a respect thread if you want to check it out:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/strider92/blog/kainescarlet-spider-respect-thread/88727/

Just scroll down to the scarlet spider section. His powers have changed since the classic era so you can ignore the stuff on classic kaine.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Wtfness is RWBY?

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Wtfness is RWBY?

from what i can tell 4 extremely dangerous hot chicks... think x-23 but not necessarily statutory r***

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtfness is RWBY?

Team RWBY is 4 chicks in the business of killing things. Think Hogwarts with people train to kill monsters or used for wars. Instead of wizards they are hunters.

Every Hunter has access to Aura.

Loading Video...

With Aura they can use Super Strength, Bursts of Speed, and Durability.

Loading Video...

Episode 1 of Season two perfectly showcases these basic powers. Able to tank easy 10 toner blows, and able to hit with 10+ toner force and in some feats 20+ tons. They all however have access to customise weapons that can transform into blades of choice or guns. Weiss weapon is used to cast magical abilities from Dust.

Add to the basic super human attributes of Arua, and the magical weapons they have, they also have unique powers (X-men style). Examples is Ruby as seen in the Food Fight has super human speed that is way faster than the bursts of speeds the rest have. Yang (blonde) has special power of getting stronger the more damage she tanks. Blake (Black Hair) has a Shadow Clone she can create to aid attacks. Weiss has Glyphs that propel targets at super speeds in a direction (thing Mayday Parker but better.)

Finally all these "kids" have been train in fighting schools how to kick *ss since they were first able to go to school.

So the show is rather cool and unique. Watch the first season, and trailers. Only 3 hours worth of awesome. They have 10 episodes of Season two I seen so far as well.

Stormmagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stormmagician

I can imagine Spidey trolling Ruby & Wiess so hard.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Ends in Group Sex.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: nonono. I Solo stomp RWBY in the sex part.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Based on yesterday's episode, I see no problem with claiming that Peter and Kaine could solo the RWBY girls handily. Spoiler blocked for those who haven't seen it:

• Ruby lost her scythe in the episode before yesterday's and was completely helpless against Torchwick, let alone a couple of guards who captured her. She hit like a girl and though she could still use her speed bursts, they weren't maintained for long and Torchwick caught her with his extendable cain. Either Peter or Kaine could separate her from the scythe and then KO her or web incap her. Spider sense and reflexes will help them account for Ruby's possible raw speed edge.
  • Similarly, Weiss is the real glass cannon of the team. Her Dust powered sword makes her the most versatile but against a large chainsaw wielding White Fang brute, she was poorly matched up against this bruiser. Though she danced around him at first, once he got her hands on her, she was faceplanted and KOed in a few strikes so that Blake had to save her. A morals on Peter and Kaine could KO her in one controlled punch, a morals off Peter and Kaine tear her apart.
  • Blake had some good showings against Torchwick and she's probably the most balanced out of the RWBY team. Solid strength, speed, agility, ranged attack and skill. Only problem is that the Spiders outclass her on most of these attributes by a large degree. And again Spider Sense can help Peter tag Blake through the after images she puts out and Kaine has tagged speedsters before.
  • As for Yang, though she has the physical muscle to contend with Peter easily, her fight with Neo yesterday showed Yang to be ineffective against agile and dexterous fighters. Neo played around with Yang and was barely hit despite Yang's superior strength. Almost all of Yang's kickboxing style attacks were blocked, avoided or deflected and Neo wore Yang down. Were it not for that strange lady, Yang probably wouldn't have made it. And Neo's agility pales in comparison to the Spiders. They can dodge and weave through Yang's attacks and web incap her for the win.

Honestly, if you took Peter or Kaine out, the other would still have a good chance of beating RWBY.

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I was... very confused on the whole episode that was just released. it contradicts many episodes before it.

Examples.

1) Ruby showed insane speed and abilities ins Season 2 Episode one with no Scythe, and her Speed was so much that is cratered for meters a concrete wall.

2) Weiss in her season trailer fought a much tougher and bigger Brute in the giant Knight with no issues.

3) Yang in her trailer fought two extremely agile and dexterable girls with no issue again, even though they were backed up by a multi missile launching guy. Yang also matched Nora in the Food Fight episode before being BFR. Also she showed many times super bursts of speed when she gets enraged (Ursa Bears and the Missile Luancher Guy in the trailer). It strikes me as PIS BS.

If you really want to ignore the past establish feats of that one episode, which seem was designed just to give the bad guys a chance, then we should accept Spider Man having trouble with Punisher (getting Web Shooters shot off his hands, or kicked around in close combat by the peak human) right? Its really the same thing. The whole episode showed Team RWBY (other than Blake who it seem to focused on) doing poorly or not using their abilities to the full potential. Also keep in mind these girls are Morals on in these fights. They are not going for the kill (Blake held back on Torchwik and spared his life when she had opportune time to kill him). They only kill grim and not humans. so holding back is always a factor too.

In this fight with no morals on, they are as likely to kill the Spiders with killing blows instead holding back with their thick tree cutting blades.

All in all there is PIS from establish feats before that episode. It was still fun to watch, but kinda a let down by making this uber cast of characters look weaker than they ever had.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h3dora101:

1. Speed isn't my contention here, it's striking power and durability. She lashed out at the guards without her sycthe and hardly did any damage. When peak humans like Daredevil and Punisher can't seriously hurt Spider-Man without him being distracted or off his game, it's clear Ruby isn't going to be doing much better with her hits. And whilst she might have the raw speed advantage, Peter and Kaine have tagged faster beings than Ruby. All that's needed is one
  2. But that robo-knight did give her a lasting scar seen in her character design throughout Volume 1 or 2. That reaffirms my claim that Weiss is a glass cannon. She can dish it out but she can't take it. Any single punch from the Spiders, morals on or off, would KO Weiss. And if that happened, RWBY would lose a versatile and diversely powerful team member.
  3. They weren't that agile or dexterous, at least not compared to 2 freaking street level + Spider powered beings here. Peter and Kaine are more agile than those girls and stronger than them too. Even with Yang's hax kinetic energy absorption, she can still be web incapped and the agility of the Spiders can let them get in the right place to web Yang up.

It's not a case of ignoring past episode feats, it's that the latest episode shows the problems RWBY would face against two street level + Spider powered beings. Moreover, Monty Oum has tweeted that he actually keeps a chart of power levels stating that character X is this strong, fast or skilled whereas character Y is this strong, powerful or skilled. It shows that he's keeping a consistent track of what these characters can do so this isn't just PIS, it falls within Monty's rating of the girls and what they can do.

As for your Punisher example, it's grossly flawed. Punisher is an expert marksman and has consistently tagged Spider-Man on numerous occasions. Though Peter has a good chance of dodging Frank, there's the possibility that he could get shot. Also, Frank has shot a Mach 2 speedster and none of the girls can travel anywhere close to Mach 2. So that's why he can consistently tag Spider-Man.

And the girls are morals off here, not on. Not that it matters because so too are Spider-Man and Kaine's morals off and they're far more dangerous morals off.

I'm hardly convinced by your suggestion that the RWBY team stands any kind of chance of speed blitzing Spider-Man and Kaine. Kaine has tagged speedsters before in his Scarlet Spider series and Peter's Spider Sense is going to make it very hard for the girls to speedblitz him. Given that Peter has tagged Quicksilver and Speed Demon before, I fail to see how the girls will do any better. And their tree cutting blades won't touch the superhuman agility, reflexes and in Peter's case, Spider Sense of the spiders. They stomp the girls here and even if you took one of them out, it would still be a hard fight for RWBY.

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By H3dora101

@lvenger: Where is the tweets of Monty, I love to see those truth be tell.

Also there is NO way your convincing anyone that Punisher should logically tag Spider Man. he has though. He tag a mach two speeder by unloading tons of bullets hoping to get lucky, which he did, not really a valid feat a accuracy like say Bullseye or ultimate Hawkeye.

regardless how much damage Team Ruby did to Human/Faun gaurds, means nothing. They hold back alot clearly as they kill beings (Grim/Monsters) who are leagues tougher with no issue by the dozens.

Also if the Spider Man characters are so much faster than the speed blitzes the girls shown (not to mention casual bullet dodging they have too) then why do Daredevil, captain America, Punisher, Wolverine, Doctor octopus, and more characters who are nowhere close to Spider Man's best speed feats tag Spider Man all the time? Even Rhino does somehow. Im not convinced this is clear cut and dry as your making it seem. Half these girls can survive, and have multi ton hits, as well the speed reaction and combat speed to act to attacks or counter attack. the versatile magic of Dust (Ice, Fire, Wind) from Wise, Blake, and Yang (cant recall RWBY using it), will be enough, and RWBY is the faststest character here.

Loading Video...

Ruby is by feats faster than Spider man and Scarlet Spider combine by this feat alone. The last episode is pure PIS when Ruby could Speed blitz like this....

Loading Video...

Also this feat showed Yang has speed blitz ability, and is stronger than Spider Man or Kaine ever shown in striking power. 2:18 also shows another speed blitz of Ruby where she appears out of nowhere like teleportation.

Also the last episode was pure PIS.

Loading Video...

Yang Tanks all this. ALL OF THIS, and not KOed.

Or here as Yang is blown 1000s of feet into the air from a hammer like hit to the face, and she falls back to the area after an extended flight of over a minute occurred, and she is not KOed.

Yet here she is KOed? no..... just no.

How about the PIS of Wiess's fight?

She has Ice magic that freezes solid in split seconds Giant, and I mean GIANT monsters with ice. She can create powerful glyph Shields to block attacks. She also can use Fire Magic to scorch a whole tree to burn husk in a split second. yet NONE of this was used in her last fight against the Chain Saw guy? BS.

Feats shown > Monty PIS last Episode. There is no way Ruby, Yang, or Weiss would be pwned like that logically. None.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Just to add the bit about punisher but Frank also studied Peters moves if that helps. This was specifically mentioned in the comic he shot the web shooters off of spider-man.

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@lvenger: Just to add the bit about punisher but Frank also studied Peters moves if that helps. This was specifically mentioned in the comic he shot the web shooters off of spider-man.

oh yeah, he needed prep and info to pull that off in a way.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h3dora101: I thought I posted this yesterday but anyway here's that tweet from Monty I was talking about

No Caption Provided

H3dora101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: thanks. But that seems like any other writer trying to balance their own creations, like Justine Jordan and his Luther Strode. He has a idea what he like to be, but the feats make him much better. Same case with RWBY here. I showed why the last episode was full of pis when looking at past feats.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wyldsong

Alright, after watching RWBY, taking into consideration powers and abilities and such, and balancing high end versus low end showings, the Spider team should take this. While the RWBY characters are capable of some levels of speed, none of them have shown speeds beyond what most competent street levelers could deal with...not to mention Spidey has dealt with mach speedsters, and even without the use of spider sense, matched a spider powered precog with pure martial arts. As well, Spidey and Kaine are both far more experienced than team RWBY, team RWBY has no good counters for Spidey's spider-sense, and you have to couple this with the fact that each of them can web spam.

@h3dora101 said:

@jashro44 said:

oh yeah, he needed prep and info to pull that off in a way.

Let's point out that Frank is a top tier marksman, and those showings are a bit older as well. There are far more instances of Spidey blitzing Frank and dodging his shots.

Also if the Spider Man characters are so much faster than the speed blitzes the girls shown (not to mention casual bullet dodging they have too) then why do Daredevil, captain America, Punisher, Wolverine, Doctor octopus, and more characters who are nowhere close to Spider Man's best speed feats tag Spider Man all the time? Even Rhino does somehow.

As for this here, Spidey does tend to hold back a lot. But to bring up a huge point, a lot of the characters you have mentioned are trained martial artists. Martial arts is a power in comics. It allows these guys to do a ton of things they shouldn't be able to do, and it all falls back on their training. And while Spidey may have been tagged by a few of them, it is a far cry than losing flat out. Let's look at Wolvie, he actually has very impressive speed feats, and has matched many characters that play in the Spidey level speed range. He has fairly consistently displayed metahuman speed levels, coupled with martial arts. Captain America? The penultimate strategist, master martial artist, and master of PIS, who fairly consistently fights with and deals with characters that should be out of his league? Cap is pretty much the Slade of the Marvel U with a lot of his showings, not to mention, Pete has some hero worship and holds back quite a bit there. Daredevil? Master martial artist, avoidance master, speed feats that put him in the metahuman arena, etc, etc, so forth and so on...not to mention another hero type that Pete doesn't go all out on. Then you have to factor in that many of these showings are from times when Pete was far less experienced, and was prior to WoTS training.

Doc Ock? Those arms have consistently moved fast enough to react to mach speed attacks in the form of bullets...Spidey more often than not dodges Ock, but Ock is a foe that knows Spidey, has fought him, is experienced in dealing with him, with a genius level intellect and planning ability, and has arms that can react to mach speed attacks. He should by all rights be able to occasionally tag Spidey. Rhino...another foe experienced with dealing with the likes of Spidey, and another character whom Spidey dodges more often than he gets hit by, but is still not slow by any means, and has some pretty damn good reaction feats of his own. Rhino is only ever really painted as a slow character when he is jobbing it in someone else's book. And again though, a lot of this was before Spider Island...

The thing is, Spidey doesn't get tagged all the time. If we compare his avoidance up against the times he has gotten tagged, the scales would tip far into the avoidance side of things. Then much like what was discussed with the RWBY episode and PIS...that has to be factored in as well, as someone who has been around as long as Spidey has, with the multitudes of appearances and so on, is bound to have moments of PIS to make another character look good or to propel a story along. So if we are going to factor PIS for the RWBY side of things, we have to factor that in for Spidey and Kaine. While I enjoy RWBY, and am looking forward to season 3, they didn't have any speed feats that would put them out of the range of Spidey's abilities, and they aren't as experienced as Spidey or Kaine.

Ruby is the fastest one of her team, but the problem with her speed is that it isn't consistent, and it isn't a full time operational combat thing. When she uses it, she uses it in bursts, and often uses Crescent Rose to supplement that speed (not all of the time though). So it isn't like she is a full blown speedster, operating consistently at mach speeds. She has good bullet timing reactions (like many in RWBY do), but that isn't unique or unheard of in the Marvel U (even Hand ninja's are capable of deflecting bullets with swords). The RWBY girls need some more time and experience before they are ready for a fight against these two as they currently stand in the series.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Very nice thoughts on the battle, I agree completely with what you've said so eloquently. Their feats and showings aren't nearly consistent enough to take on street level+ characters like Spider-Man and Kaine. By the way, what did you think of RWBY as a show?

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@wyldsong: Very nice thoughts on the battle, I agree completely with what you've said so eloquently. Their feats and showings aren't nearly consistent enough to take on street level+ characters like Spider-Man and Kaine. By the way, what did you think of RWBY as a show?

im curious about this too Wyld. how you like it? I think its pretty sweet still.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

im curious about this too Wyld. how you like it? I think its pretty sweet still.

Honestly? I am a fan. I enjoyed the series immensely, and the story and the music are top notch. The animation style takes some getting used to, and is getting better as the series progresses. All in all, it has just about everything I could ask for in an anime style show.

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: I like how it is watch at any time on You Tube free too.

However... I wish he had time to finish Dead Fantasy, that was epic.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkenpunk: I have heard about it, but I am not sure I want to check it out if he didn't finish it. RWBY is really taking off, so we'll see what happens with his other works.

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@drunkenpunk: I have heard about it, but I am not sure I want to check it out if he didn't finish it. RWBY is really taking off, so we'll see what happens with his other works.

I heard he did Haloid first, then did up to 6 episodes of awesome sauce of Dead Fantasy (Final Fantasy vs Dead or Alive) and then was offered a job by Rooster Teeth to make RWBY. so it kinda sucks he spends all his time doing RWBY, which is understandable, the Dead fantasy was just for fun, now he is being paid.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

@drunkenpunk: The man has got to eat, right? =)

Sure does, so i cannot complain really then lol. Still sore about the finished product, but the fight scenes are epic in Dead Fantasy.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkenpunk: I may have to go check it out then. I'll just have to deal with being bummed out over an unfinished series.

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: to be fair, there is little dialogue, or plot, so it holds up.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkenpunk: Good stuff. I will watch it for the combat and carnage then=)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: RWBY is surprisingly good for a self funded Internet anime show. It's even getting translated into Japanese so it's becoming pretty popular. I like that they have the 'World of Remnant' videos where they expand on the lore and backstory of their creation. That's always good to see.The characters do seem interesting, the humour can be well done and the action is fast and furious. It's enough to make me a fan too.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I actually still need to watch the World of Remnant segments, but I agree 100%.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lvenger

@wyldsong: They're really interesting, they talk about Dust, the other kingdoms, The Grimm and more.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I think I will check those out in a bit then.

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: yang is a better mixed martial artist than wolverine captain America and daredevil combined.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

@wyldsong: yang is a better mixed martial artist than wolverine captain America and daredevil combined.

Loading Video...

Wolverine is one of the top 5 Martial Artists in the Marvel Universe and im not even joking...

your statement is blatant ignornace