#1 Posted by Lasiurus (89 posts) - - Show Bio

 @BringnIt okay here it is. 
 
 
Location - Territory should be neutral, both are used to fighting in a city. I chose Chicago, it's a nice big city like New York, and Gotham. 
 
Distance - I hope 200 feet is good. 
 
Standard Equipment 
 
No outside interference 
 
No BFR 
 
Morals are on. 
 
Win by KO or incanpacitating the opponent. 
 
I hope this is all ok with you BringnIt, I wasn't sure if you wanted to start or not, so I left my argument for Terry blank for now.

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lasiurus said:

@BringnIt okay here it is. Location - Territory should be neutral, both are used to fighting in a city. I chose Chicago, it's a nice big city like New York, and Gotham. Distance - I hope 200 feet is good. Standard Equipment No outside interference No BFR Morals are on. Win by KO or incanpacitating the opponent. I hope this is all ok with you BringnIt, I wasn't sure if you wanted to start or not, so I left my argument for Terry blank for now.

Looks good. Let the record show that I'm not familiar with Terry much, but I've agreed that for the purpose of this thread that he is a 10-tonner. I'll pass the opening argument to you, since I'm sure you know more about Peter than I do Terry.

#3 Posted by Lasiurus (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@BringnIt:  Oh I don't think Terry is a 10 tonner. Even if he's peak and can lift 800 lbs, the resulting 10 times enhancement of the Beyond Suit would make him a four tonner at 8,000 lbs. Though this strength level would be capable of injuring Spider-Man, which if Terry's going to put him down is the important thing. 
 
Terry has a diverse arsenal, and since he's not exactly an idiot I could see him devising ways to trick Spider-Man's spider sense. Spider-Man's web fluid can be cut or burned through, both things Terry is capable of doing, rather from heating his suit up to 4,000 degrees or cutting it with a batarang.  
 
The suit is pretty resiliant, Terry has taken hits from Big Barda a class 100+ tonner, and remained conscious. 
 
I know Spider-Man had his Shang Chi training, but he's not a formal fighter, while Terry has had more training, in the martial arts area.  
 
Terry is known to fight dirty, and once he realizes Spider-Man has super strength, he'll be less likely to hold back.
 
I think Spider-Man's speed, and reflexes would be the hardest things to overcome for Terry.
#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lasiurus said:

@BringnIt: Oh I don't think Terry is a 10 tonner. Even if he's peak and can lift 800 lbs, the resulting 10 times enhancement of the Beyond Suit would make him a four tonner at 8,000 lbs. Though this strength level would be capable of injuring Spider-Man, which if Terry's going to put him down is the important thing. Terry has a diverse arsenal, and since he's not exactly an idiot I could see him devising ways to trick Spider-Man's spider sense. Spider-Man's web fluid can be cut or burned through, both things Terry is capable of doing, rather from heating his suit up to 4,000 degrees or cutting it with a batarang. The suit is pretty resiliant, Terry has taken hits from Big Barda a class 100+ tonner, and remained conscious. I know Spider-Man had his Shang Chi training, but he's not a formal fighter, while Terry has had more training, in the martial arts area. Terry is known to fight dirty, and once he realizes Spider-Man has super strength, he'll be less likely to hold back. I think Spider-Man's speed, and reflexes would be the hardest things to overcome for Terry.

With regard to his strength level, I was allowing ten-tons to make it more even. Peter regularly engages opponents in the double digits tonnage and his durability to blunt trauma is incredible. The majority of his rogues gallery is well above 4-tons and he has no problems taking repeated blows from them--Rhino (85-tonner), Carnage (50), Venom (up to 25), Molten Man (50), Kaine (25), Black Tarantula (25) all have taken repeated blows to take Peter down--and barring a few PIS showings it's consistent that his blunt trauma soak is one of the best of all streets. He has tanked shots from thrown cars, tanked explosives and various other damage outputs and it's clear that his primary weakness is to piercing and stabbing damage.

In terms of Terry's ability to trick the spider sense, Peter routinely fights geniuses like Otto Octavius and Norman Osborn who despite their familiarity with him have never been able to do so. Only Tony Stark has and he had the Iron Spidey suit constantly analyzing Peter in order to do so. Even if Terry improbably is able to do so, which I'm going to ask you to provide instances of him doing something similar, due to Peter's Way of the Spider training he is no longer reliant on Spider Sense and is arguably at least as good in direct combat without his spider sense now than he was with his spider sense prior to his training.

In terms of Terry's durability, I don't know what the consistent showing of his durability is, but the Big Barda thing sounds like PIS--Peter has tanked hits from the Hulk, Colossus-Juggernaut and so forth--and Peter has excelled at outsmarting and taking down villains with super durability in the past like Morlun, Crusher Creel, once the Hulk, Rhino and so forth, and that was before his upgraded technology like cryo pellets that he could use for incapacitation assuming that Peter's strength and knowledge of pressure points wouldn't be sufficient.

#5 Posted by Lasiurus (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@BringnIt:  I felt the same. It did feel like some PIS. Terry's more of a street smart kind of guy. I think relaistically he could engage Spider-Man, but in all honesty, I do think Spider-Man would win. Even with Terry's wider arsenal, and even if key word if Terry is actually a better fighter, Spidy has more stuff going for him. So I conceed defeat to you good sir. Spider-Man wins. Besides Peter has actual powers, and with his intelligence he could, not saying would, but he could find a way to either get the suit shut down, or even get it off Terry.
#6 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lasiurus said:

@BringnIt: I felt the same. It did feel like some PIS. Terry's more of a street smart kind of guy. I think relaistically he could engage Spider-Man, but in all honesty, I do think Spider-Man would win. Even with Terry's wider arsenal, and even if key word if Terry is actually a better fighter, Spidy has more stuff going for him. So I conceed defeat to you good sir. Spider-Man wins. Besides Peter has actual powers, and with his intelligence he could, not saying would, but he could find a way to either get the suit shut down, or even get it off Terry.

Fair enough. Good, albeit brief, talk with you.

#7 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

........... was this even a fight?

#8 Posted by Krusnik (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

........... was this even a fight?

No.

#9 Edited by God_Spawn (37889 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt:@Lasiurus:

but the Big Barda thing sounds like PIS

Since this seems like it is done, I'd just like to point out that isn't really PIS, but more or less inconsistent since he has multiple feats from both sides of the spectrum. Terry has soaked a blast from a GL, getting stepped on by Micron to the point it left a giant footprint in the street and all Terry did was make a smart retort towards Bruce. He routinely soaked blows from Mad Stan who could rip through machines and yank Terry through them and a guy (forgot his name) who was hopped up on venom where he could simply backhand Terry into a car, denting it , and the guy could cave the roof of the car down with a single hit as well.

On the other end of the spectrum, Terry was able to tank these hits, but was bleeding and showing signs of damage from getting hit by Danton Black's daughter, Old Man Nightwing clone and other villains hardly above peak human at best.

Moderator