team 1.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Team2,, Luke could take beast,,he has lousy h2h showings,,and IMO Danny could take spidey,,even if he runs into trouble Luke could probably finish hank quickly and support Luke giving them a majority of wins 7/10

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Omniscience

I don't see how spiderman is dealing with Chi blasts... and I don't see how Beast is handling Cage... yet...

Omniscience.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Spiderman and Beast take this one.

People have been talking about Luke's highest stats, like taking a chi punch. However these are inconsistent with other feats, like getting his arse handed to him by Scorpion. And Iron Fist's chi punch has hurt Skaar; I doubt that chi punch against Luke was him going all out. Luke's tough and strong but he isn't impervious.

Anyways Spiderman has the best equipment here, he's the fastest, and after his training from Shang Chi he's faster and more skilled than before. Spidey can take either Rand or Cage, and Beast is fast and strong enough to hold off Fist or Cage. I do admit I don't think Beast can defeat either of Team 2.

Parker versus Rand is very debatable. Fact is, Danny has a very difficult tool set for Peter to deal with. His Iron Fist amps him considerably, his martial skill is second to none ... I'd put him a hair above Wolverine despite their sparring match. His damage output could potentially one shot Parker, he has range, he has area of effect, he can avoid incap via webbing, and he's super humanly fast ... like, catching a bullet with ease type fast.

As to Luke, I think Parker could find a way to beat him, but not before Rand takes care of Hank. Outside of plot and environment, the only real way Parker beats Cage is via pressure point or Horizon Labs cyro pellet plot device crap. With said tech, I guess he can pull it off. Without it, Parker winning by landing a pressure point on Cage is very suspect IMHO. Just because top tier Black Panther pulled it off, doesn't mean Parker can by default. He's no where near Panther's skill pedigree.

IF and Wolverine are pretty close in terms of fighting skill. Wolverine and IF are both durable though Wolverine takes the cake easy in terms of blunt trauma durability. And the claws aren't as versatile or powerful as IF's chi, but Spiderman has dealt with opponents with energy-type area attacks, though not as skilled as IF. Yes IF is very fast but Spiderman is easily faster, the return of his spider sense in combination with his new fighting skills (he's obviously not the best fighter out there but his new skills allow him to move faster and with more control) puts him above Iron Fist. I personally think Spidey can take a few hits from IF, because its gonna be very tough for IF to land a direct, fully charged punch. If he does land a punch or kick, Spidey can move fast enough to tank the blow on a nonvital part of his body, and in most cases just dodge the blow completely. Also morals are on- Spidey will have no problem punching IF pretty hard as he can b/c Fist can take it, but Fist will probably have qualms about hitting Parker all out at first, he definitely doesn't want to kill Spidey- and the way his powers work, that could be possible (if IF actually landed a direct, charged punch on a vital part of Parker's body). Also Spiderman has the advantage of better technology. I dont think his webs will help too much except to distract IF, his cryo pellets will be dangerous to IF though.

Cage's durability has fluctuated alot through the years and there's tons of scans showing very high, almost Thing level durability, and others showing him unable to tank around 20 ton blows (his fight with Scorpion). I don't think he has consistent enough feats to show that he can tank several of Spidey's hardest hits without getting hurt, and once he's a little weakened Spidey can use a cryo pellet on him or something.

Beast isn't that great but he can definitely hold off either IF or Cage for some time. He's pretty strong, decently durable and quite fast as well. I don't think he'll go down very fast, plus him and Spiderman are a good team. They are both very smart and should be able to outsmart Cage and Rand.l

Iron Fist's dealt with folks using precog as a means to avoid in the past. While Parker is faster, I always differentiate between speed and combat reflexes. Both Logan and Rand have shown they have combat reflexes, coupled with their skill, in spades to keep stride with Spider-Man in a brawl. Catching a bullet is a fantastic feat - couple that speed with second to none skill and he will definitely put Parker's spider-sense enhanced avoidance to task. Spider-sense has shown itself to be fallible enough, highlighting a distinct weakness in the face of adversaries skilled enough to set-up a bypass.

Personally, I see a Spider-Man versus Iron Fist fight as close. I don't take exception to folks who feel Parker takes it as it is extremely close. Rand's versatility with his chi, his skill, speed and striking power that can give a Hulk level character pause, (hypnotic fist as the poster above mentioned is another tool that could turn the tide as well) make him a tough fight for Parker to get clear of. I think Rand can take him. I think Parker can take Rand. The versatility of Rand clinches a small majority in my mind still though ...

And really, Hank is probably the weak link. I feel the Iron Fist versus Spider-Man fight would run longer than Luke Cage versus Beast would ... and vice versa. I see Spider-Man getting tag teamed before the inverse holds true.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Stronger

Team 2 for sure.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Iron Fist's dealt with folks using precog as a means to avoid in the past. While Parker is faster, I always differentiate between speed and combat reflexes. Both Logan and Rand have shown they have combat reflexes, coupled with their skill, in spades to keep stride with Spider-Man in a brawl. Catching a bullet is a fantastic feat - couple that speed with second to none skill and he will definitely put Parker's spider-sense enhanced avoidance to task. Spider-sense has shown itself to be fallible enough, highlighting a distinct weakness in the face of adversaries skilled enough to set-up a bypass.

Personally, I see a Spider-Man versus Iron Fist fight as close. I don't take exception to folks who feel Parker takes it as it is extremely close. Rand's versatility with his chi, his skill, speed and striking power that can give a Hulk level character pause, (hypnotic fist as the poster above mentioned is another tool that could turn the tide as well) make him a tough fight for Parker to get clear of. I think Rand can take him. I think Parker can take Rand. The versatility of Rand clinches a small majority in my mind still though ...

And really, Hank is probably the weak link. I feel the Iron Fist versus Spider-Man fight would run longer than Luke Cage versus Beast would ... and vice versa. I see Spider-Man getting tag teamed before the inverse holds true.

Fair enough, you put up good arguments. I agree that Beast is the weak link but I just don't agree that he cannot hold off Cage for some time. Beast is smart enough to realize that he only needs to hold off Cage; he doesn't have to attack him too much, meaning he's going to be putting all his energy into dodging Cage's blows, something he can easily do for a long time. I agree Spidey vs Rand is a close fight, basically on your reasons above, except that I think Spidey's massive stat advantage is enough to overpower Rand given enough time.

We'll probably have to agree to disagree; our main argument here is if Parker can defeat Rand (at all) fast enough to tag team Cage, which I believe he can, and you believe he can't. Good arguments though, and this was a tough decision for me too as IF is one of my favorite comic book characters and Spiderman is my favorite

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Well Iron Fist has fought spider man before and has defeated him, so the fight between spidey and IronFist is pretty even if not more for IronFist. The fight between beast and Luke cage isn't too even. Like cage is no slowpoke, grant it he might not be as agile as the beast but he is FAR more durable. A single good punch from luke cage can either KO the beast or cause him to stagger and get wailed on. Beast on the other hand will have a tough time getting past luke cage's durability. So I see luke cage finishing off the best after the beast dances around him for a bit. Then luke goes and aids iron fist against spidey. Also, they are use to working together.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jashro44

@Cable_Extreme said:

Well Iron Fist has fought spider man before and has defeated him, so the fight between spidey and IronFist is pretty even if not more for IronFist.

When did iron fist beat spider-man? I am not saying Danny cannot beat spider-man, just curious....

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sabracadabra

Hasn't spider-man hurt the Thing before?I askbecause if that is the case, i can see team 1 winning. Thing is just as, if not more, durable than Cage.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@zr0c00l: Just for future reference, please don't throw around the term rape casually.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jashro44

@sabracadabra said:

Hasn't spider-man hurt the Thing before?I askbecause if that is the case, i can see team 1 winning. Thing is just as, if not more, durable than Cage.

Spider-man cannot hurt the thing, all though the thing is a lot more durable then Cage. And also Grimm isn't vulnerable to pressure points either. Peter can hurt Cage IMO.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sabracadabra

@jashro44: Hmmm i could have sworn there was an old issue,from the 80's i believe,where peter was temporarily mind controlled and took on the FF including KO ing the thing. I admit it was a long time ago whe ni read it so i might have gotten it wrong.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Ferro Vida

@jashro44 said:

@sabracadabra said:

Spider-man cannot hurt the thing, all though the thing is a lot more durable then Cage. And also Grimm isn't vulnerable to pressure points either. Peter can hurt Cage IMO.

He is from Wolverine :p

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jashro44

@sabracadabra said:

@jashro44: Hmmm i could have sworn there was an old issue,from the 80's i believe,where peter was temporarily mind controlled and took on the FF including KO ing the thing. I admit it was a long time ago whe ni read it so i might have gotten it wrong.

I believe your talking about this:

I think Peter just caught him off guard and launched him several feet and just over powered his weight. Both spider-man and the thing have gotten stronger as well so I don't think spider-man can hurt current thing. All though he should have a few ways of dealing with Cage.

@Ferro Vida said:

@jashro44 said:

@sabracadabra said:

0_o When did that happen?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Ferro Vida

@jashro44: Enemy of the State. Wolverine uses his claws to do it.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By sabracadabra

@jashro44 said:

@sabracadabra said:

I believe your talking about this:

I think Peter just caught him off guard and launched him several feet and just over powered his weight. Both spider-man and the thing have gotten stronger as well so I don't think spider-man can hurt current thing. All though he should have a few ways of dealing with Cage.

@Ferro Vida said:

@jashro44 said:

@sabracadabra said:

0_o When did that happen?

Yes that was the issue i meant thanks for posting the scans. I hadn't seen those in years lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jashro44

@sabracadabra: No problem.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By laflux

@sabracadabra: Yes, it is a nice feat from Spider-Man, but you have to remember that the FF were mind controlled at the time, Peter didn't really harm any of them, and he ended up at the Thing's mercy, As for Rag-dolling Thing like that, no big deal. Thing weighs 800 pounds, Spider-Man can lift 20 tonnes without really straining himself. Spider-Man has BFR'ed him by picking up an unaware Thing up, and tossing off a building. It doesn't mean he can hurt him with standard blows.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44: Comic vine ironfist and you will see.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By spiderbuck1

I'm obviously a big Spider-man fan, but Iron Fist and Luke Cage have this. They are a seasoned fight duo who have been working together since forever, and Luke is too durable to be seriously harmed by either Beast or Spidey.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jashro44

@Cable_Extreme said:

I'm not really 100% on what you are trying to say here. Are you telling me to go to iron fists page? Because I don't see anything there about spider-man.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@Cable_Extreme said:

I'm not really 100% on what you are trying to say here. Are you telling me to go to iron fists page? Because I don't see anything there about spider-man.

Master Martial Artist: Danny is a master of K'un-Lun's martial arts and many of Earth's. Among them being Kunlunquan, Shaolinquan, Judo, Aikido, Karate, and has even displayed proficient boxing, loose brawling and street fighting tactics. Danny is one of the greatest martial artists who has ever walked the earth; having held his own against Wolverine and Captain America struggling more with Wolverine in a contest of pure skill, defeated the likes of Sabretooth while temporarily blind, and even defeated Spider-Man, Daredevil, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. Recently his skill has been augmented to unknown levels. He, for example, possesses infinite ways to kill a man, such as the Black-Black Poison Touch which uses his chi to kill anyone in the close vicinity.

(It is right under abilities, I am too lazy to go scan hunting atm)

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BringnIt

^Aside from the fact that it doesn't have evidence, it also says he has infinite ways to kill a man.