Doctor Octopus and Kraven the Hunter are iconic Spider-Man villains. However, what helps them stand apart from so many of their evil peers is the fact both have bested the web-slinger and then posed as the hero. But who will be victorious when they clash against one another? Is Otto Octavius' intellect and multiple titanium arms too much to overcome or will Sergei Kravinoff's physicals, skill and weaponry allow him to take the win?
- Combatants are in character.
- This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either).
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 60 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc.
- Both characters have their standard gear.
- As stated above, Otto has his titanium arms. This is before his condition went downhill and he required that special suit.
- Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to be selected as the Viner Argument of the Week. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:
- Thoughts from the staff.
- A Viner Argument for both characters ().
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Feel free to make future "Spider-Man Battle of the Week" suggestions in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Spidey? He'll be the topic of tomorrow's 'Question of the Week' and we encourage you to make Spider-Man threads in the forums!