#1 Edited by jashro44 (20563 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man and Wolverine

Rules

• Morals are on however both wolverine and spider-man are determined to win (they believe the fate of the world is at stake if they don't clear this gauntlet)
  • Wolverine and spider-man know they are going into a series of fights
  • Win is achieved through any means
  • Standard gear for everyone unless stated otherwise
  • They get 1 day rest between each round and access to the best medical supplies on the planet and get to restock on gear if needed
  • All DC characters are pre flashpoint
  • Wolverine and spider-man get to read a comicvine page on the characters in the gauntlet if needed
  • There opponents only know what they all ready know about spider-man and wolverine
  • Wolverine is fighting at his Manifest Destiny levels of skill and is fighting at the levels he fought in that arc

• Everyone starts visible
  • Begin 50 feat apart
  • Fight takes place here:

The gauntlet

Round 1

Punisher (armed with a pistol with 3 rounds and a knife) and Daredevil

Round 2

Batman and Nightwing

Round 3

Cyclops and Gambit

Round 4

Taskmaster and Deathstroke

Round 5

Black Panther (vibranium suit, energy daggers, anti-metal claws) and Captain America

Round 6

Iron Fist and Luke Cage

Round 7

Daken and Sabretooth and X-23

Round 8

Flash Thompson and Kaine

Round 9

Mister X and Doctor Octopus (classic with titanium arms)

Round 10

Miles Morales, Kraven the Hunter, Deadpool, Bruiser

Can they clear?

#2 Posted by ygoox (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, win by death only?

#3 Posted by jashro44 (20563 posts) - - Show Bio

@ygoox said:

Hmm, win by death only?

Win by any means(death, KO, incapacitation, etc)

#4 Edited by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

I think under these conditions and where they currently sit as far as gear, skill etc, they can run through up to about round 6 without a ridiculous slew of problems, and this lets Spidey avoid some excess damage since he can't heal like Logan and would need the med supplies. The day's rest allows opportunity for nourishment (I'm guessing) which will keep Logan's healing at top capacity. Spidey and Logan getting a chance to read the characters' bios gives them knowledge of who they will fight and with already having encounters with them before for some of these matches and being bent on winning, they can avoid some extra fighting by Pete using his webbing to tie up a character and then double team the other where they then double team the webbed opponent. Pete's current armament, webbing, WoS training and stat edge coupled with Logan's senses in this big area also provide cover and opportunity for even tracking on some of these rounds.

Team 7 would be interesting though but Sabretooth doesn't seem all that threatening to a serious Logan anymore and Logan countered Daken's pheromones probably by force of will or potentially healing (I found it weird but whatevs) and Pete gets through them. I think at least 1 person can be incapacitated and Spidey or Logan would beat the other 2 then team up on the first.

I''d say they potentially end at 8 since I've seen Flash use his webbing and tendrils quite frequently. So he can at least incapacitate Logan while they double team Spidey and get him down then Kaine and Flash just take out Logan with either pounding away all day or just simply choking him out. They possibly have a shot if Spidey carries sonics now (can't remember) or with stealth (at least Logan does) to take out one of them but I'm not sure how Flash tends to fare against pointy things (I've dipped in and out of the series and only got consistent since issue 22 or 23) and Kaine seemed able to harm the Venom symbiote when acting all crazy in issue 10 of Scarlet Spider with his stingers. So I'm thinking if it isn't like the last time Logan tried to snikt a symbiote, then yeah, they stop at 8.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

If Iron Fist can use chi, I see them losing round 6

#6 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 4 would be insane to watch, i could see them edging that round, beating round 5 easily and then stopping at 6.

#7 Posted by Havenless (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hung up on Deathstroke. He has the most undefined powers ever. He has a stalemate with Batman and then turns around and takes out the entire team of JLA. So maybe he loses, or maybe he embarrasses them out of the tournament.

#8 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Havenless said:

I'm hung up on Deathstroke. He has the most undefined powers ever. He has a stalemate with Batman and then turns around and takes out the entire team of JLA. So maybe he loses, or maybe he embarrasses them out of the tournament.

Him beating the JLA was PIS and he had prep if my memory serves correct

#9 Posted by Obtrusive (1644 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they could pull it off if they had good team cohesion. However in everything I have read with them together they goof off and don't work well together and get pissed at each other.

#10 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

spider-man is smart, clever , and not one to be underestimated and wolverine doesnt mind getting messy , even if its him taking most of the abuse so ill say 5 and 7 would be the most difficult rounds

#11 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16642 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Very nicely stated scenario.. A welcome change after all those "who'd win and why"

#12 Posted by jashro44 (20563 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1:Thank you.

#13 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

they clears its

#14 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio

i say they clear it

#15 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they can clear it.

#16 Posted by KingofComix (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of you care to elaborate why you think they clear?

#17 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofComix said:

most of the people on here they have beaten already

#18 Posted by KingofComix (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@KingofComix said:

Which means nothing here, they aren't facing anyone individually, they are facing teams. So I ask you again why do you think they would win?

#19 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofComix said:

@jackofspades said:

@KingofComix said:

Which means nothing here, they aren't facing anyone individually, they are facing teams. So I ask you again why do you think they would win?

it means everything if i beat someone alone i can beat them with help WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

#20 Posted by KingofComix (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@KingofComix said:

@jackofspades said:

@KingofComix said:

it means everything if i beat someone alone i can beat them with help WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

NOT NECESSARILY IF THEY ALSO HAVE HELP DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP

#21 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofComix said:

@jackofspades said:

@KingofComix said:

@jackofspades said:

@KingofComix said:

NOT NECESSARILY IF THEY ALSO HAVE HELP DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP

so now it matters if they fought before

#22 Posted by jashro44 (20563 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

If they can get past Danny and Luke they clear. Can either of them actually hurt Cage? Not counting Logan's claws. Is it within his morals to use them against Cage here?

#24 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

They could defeat everyone on the list easily for reasons stated above.

#25 Posted by dondave (36057 posts) - - Show Bio

Clear it

#26 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

They could lose 8 or 10, but likely clear due to how seriously they are taking the gauntlet.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

If they can get past Danny and Luke they clear. Can either of them actually hurt Cage? Not counting Logan's claws. Is it within his morals to use them against Cage here?

He's used his claws on many a superhero without killing them. He can dispatch Cage easily.

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Pokeysteve said:

He's used his claws on many a superhero without killing them. He can dispatch Cage easily.

OK. I think they can clear this then. Thanks for the info.

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37585 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve: No problem.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by jashro44 (20563 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#31 Posted by VeganDiet (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say they clear.

#32 Posted by comic_book_fan (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine and spidey complete it.

#33 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

They probably clear it

#34 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

The only round I see them having trouble and possibly losing is round 8. They stomp the first 5 rounds with ease.

#35 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 4.

#36 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 6.

#37 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

At the time this thread was made I still feel they clear, but it's much more complicated now with the apparent upgrades both Venom and Kaine have went through recently and as such they'd probably lose there.