#1 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys, decided to share a battle that jumped in my head

Spider-man + Iron Man + Hulk are teleported to our universe, right now.

They get 2 weeks prep and everyone in the world helps them and supports (because they are freaking spider-man, iron man and Hulk in our real world!) so it's basically spider-man, tony and bruce (pre Marvel NOW/SpOck) and us, humanity of the year 2013

versus

Sovereign - reaper from ME1

After that time, Sovereign comes in and starts destroying everything, and it's time to act. team 1 knowledge on the reapers comes from the Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 games. everything in those games they know immediatly after arriving on Earth, without even playing them

EDIT: changed the OP to give team 1 a fighting chance

#2 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

bumpity bump

#3 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Edited by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

We Lose...there is nothing on our Earth that could even slow down a Reaper.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is still peter. maybe with out tech he would have a hard time, but he still is a comic book genius

#6 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby said:

Peter is still peter. maybe with out tech he would have a hard time, but he still is a comic book genius

Highly unlikely...Peter is smart...but without the kid of resources Marvel Earth has...he just doesn't add much to the equation here.

#7 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would we lose to that thing again?

Seriously, we have created 100 megaton bombs already, I don't see that thing surviving that. We have artillery that can snip that thing from a few dozen kilometers away.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#8 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: @floopay: I have to respectuflly disagree with both ...

neither I see Peter as being useless even on our earth, since he has a full week and the entire support of everyone on Earth and every government

and I also dont see megaton nukes taking out Not Sovereign, bc radiation dont do crap to Reapers obviously and because their kinect shields should hold that. Not saying it would hold EVERYTHING but most of it, I guess. and it would be kinda suicidal to go with all the nukes in the planet no?

#9 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

* ALL UNITS*

Team 1 stomps.

#10 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby: @floopay: I have to respectuflly disagree with both ...

neither I see Peter as being useless even on our earth, since he has a full week and the entire support of everyone on Earth and every government

and I also dont see megaton nukes taking out Not Sovereign, bc radiation dont do crap to Reapers obviously and because their kinect shields should hold that. Not saying it would hold EVERYTHING but most of it, I guess. and it would be kinda suicidal to go with all the nukes in the planet no?

We don't have to nuke it with everything we have...and nukes don't do damage via radiation. They are incredibly concussive, and heat. Harmful radiation is just an unfortunate byproduct.

We also have MOAB if we need it, and lots of anti-armored vehicle weapons that can fire from miles away and hit a target the size of a tin can.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I know radiation is a side effect, that's why I covered all of them. both heat and radiation are off because it's a Reaper. the kinect shields make the concussive damaged go out too

what mass effect games you played? do you remember Sovereign in the Citadel or the Reaper on Rannoch?

#12 Edited by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@floopay: I know radiation is a side effect, that's why I covered all of them. both heat and radiation are off because it's a Reaper. the kinect shields make the concussive damaged go out too

what mass effect games you played? do you remember Sovereign in the Citadel or the Reaper on Rannoch?

I've played 1 and 2, and it's been awhile, seeing as I played 2 when it first came out, beat it, and then haven't gone back since.

I don't remember it having any defenses against an EMP either.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: well, in the battle for Citadel, the whole armada was shooting and Sovereign and it still wouldn't take him down until Shep takes out Saren, which weakens it's shields and then all the fleets start shooting. both those are ME weapons and artillery. in Mass Effect 3, it took several orbital strikes from the biggest flotilla in the galaxy (Quarians, who are also tech experts), basically, thousands and thousands of advanced battle ships on the Reaper weakspot, which was only exposed for like 2 seconds every few minutes to put down the Reaper on the Quarian Homeworld - Rannoch.

about the EMP thing; I don't remember any instance, I'll try to though, but I think if it was that easy, they wouldn't have had a problem with Reapers in ME3 or any of the previous games for that matter.

#14 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

It took the combined fleets of several different races, all of which are far more advanced than any Earth Culture, to take down Sovereign. Before Shephard killed Saren, Sovereign's Shields were having no difficulty absorbing all the fire power. We literally have nothing on Earth that could even slow Sovereign down. Spider-Man...is just one man...and with only one week to prepare and with no access to Marvel Earth's Tech...there is nothing at all he can do. Honestly...the only thing that could possibly save us from the Reapers is that they probably wouldn't deem us advanced enough to bother wiping out.

#15 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: it's only a copy of Sovereign, which is one of the, if not the weakest Reaper. also, it wasn't the combined might of all the races fleets, it was only the Alliance fifth fleet + Normandy SSV1 and Destiny Ascension(asari) and they weren't that many.

#16 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby: it's only a copy of Sovereign, which is one of the, if not the weakest Reaper. also, it wasn't the combined might of all the races fleets, it was only the Alliance fifth fleet + Normandy SSV1 and Destiny Ascension(asari) and they weren't that many.

I don't believe they ever actually stated the Sovereign was a weak reaper....and it doesn't matter anyway...since It still massively outmatched the ships it faced against.

As regards the fleet...well...you might be right...i might be misremembering it...it seemed like their were a lot of other races involved in that fight...regardless though....it was an entire Fleet of Earth Ships...How many Space-Faring Battleships do we have on Earth again? Oh right. Zero.

#17 Edited by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>"Copy of Sovereign?" When was Sovereign said to be a copy? And how is he weak by any means? Compared to what, Harbinger - the largest and most powerful Reaper? Sovereign has the most feats of any other Reaper, so by what parameters is he weak?</p><p>Also, the reason Sovereign was destroyed is because he/it had shields down in order to interact with the Citidel; with Saren dead, Shepard was able to reopen the Citidel "arms" allowing the fleet to strike.</p>

#18 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Forgive the formating errors; I'm on my tablet and the post got screwed up.

#19 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: the game itself says Sovereign was the weakest of all Reapers and Harbinger the strongest. it wasn't me who said it.

also, for the purpose of this battle I said a "copy of Sovereign" would appear on Earth. not Sovereign itself because well, it was destroyed. but it's for all purposes, exactly equal to Sovereign in power and thought

@jorgevy said:

I don't believe they ever actually stated the Sovereign was a weak reaper....and it doesn't matter anyway...since It still massively outmatched the ships it faced against.

As regards the fleet...well...you might be right...i might be misremembering it...it seemed like their were a lot of other races involved in that fight...regardless though....it was an entire Fleet of Earth Ships...How many Space-Faring Battleships do we have on Earth again? Oh right. Zero.

I was just explaining that Sovereign wasn't that big of a threat as you were making it. Sovereign is stated in the game as the weakest of the Reapers, I didn't said he was weak.

also, we may not have tech or ships of the power the Alliance has, but, that's the thing, we have all of Earth and Spidey with his uber knowledge to do something about it. Im not saying he will make tech equivalent to ME universe, but he has something they didnt - knowledge on the Reapers, like their weakspots

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@jedixman: the game itself says Sovereign was the weakest of all Reapers and Harbinger the strongest. it wasn't me who said it.

also, for the purpose of this battle I said a "copy of Sovereign" would appear on Earth. not Sovereign itself because well, it was destroyed. but it's for all purposes, exactly equal to Sovereign in power and thought

@shawnbaby said:

@jorgevy said:

I was just explaining that Sovereign wasn't that big of a threat as you were making it. Sovereign is stated in the game as the weakest of the Reapers, I didn't said he was weak.

also, we may not have tech or ships of the power the Alliance has, but, that's the thing, we have all of Earth and Spidey with his uber knowledge to do something about it. Im not saying he will make tech equivalent to ME universe, but he has something they didnt - knowledge on the Reapers, like their weakspots

Even with the knowledge Shephard gained throughout the course of the games...taking down Reapers required serious Tech that we do not have. It took Multiple Orbital Strikes to take down the Reaper on Rannoch...which we cannot do. Spider-Man...with only one week of prep and only the resources available on our Earth...will not be able to take down a Reaper. Our current level of technology is not sufficient to even scratch a Reapers Paint.

Sovereign only went down because Shephard killing Saren took down his Shields. Without that very convenient plot device....Sovereign opens the Citadel and The Reapers come in and end the Cycle. So how does Spider-Man take down this Sovereign Clone' Shields? What exactly does Spidey bring to this otherwise completely hopeless situation? We could launch every Nuke we have at this Reaper and all we'd accomplish was make Earth look like Tuchanka.

I really don't like arguing against Spider-Man for any reason...but you've put him in an impossible situation.

#21 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

But where / when was that stated? I've played through ME2 multiple times. However, I've only beaten ME1 twice, so perhaps I have forgotten. But when was this stated in-game, which game, and who said it?

#22 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: if this was Bruce Wayne instead of Peter, would you say it would be any different?

#23 Edited by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby: if this was Bruce Wayne instead of Peter, would you say it would be any different?

No. You could bring Reed Richards and Tony Stark over as well and I'd still say it would make no difference. The problem is not with the Characters...the problem lies with our comparatively primitive culture to The Mass Effect, Marvel, and DC Universes.

#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: but for instance, Peter created the web he uses with seemingly common stuff he could find, he had little resources, he was poor. Im not saying that web is ME tech, but it's still pretty impressive, and that was when he was younger. what Im trying to say is, maybe the resources aren't that different, it's only the applications of the Marvel/DC characters in their world that made their tech so amazing.

@jedixman: I think it was ME3. it wasn't a person who said, it was either a Crucible secret file on Reapers and their variations or it was the Codex. I'll investigate it further, but pretty sure it was one of the two

#25 Posted by Immortal777 (5898 posts) - - Show Bio

Reaper wins with ease

We have absolutely nothing on earth to combat a Reaper with. Mass Effect earth who has superior tech to use still couldn't do sh!t to a Reaper invasion. The prep doesn't matter Spider-man would have to compete with not only the Reaper but with inferior tech, real world logic, physics and etc.

#26 Edited by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby:

but for instance, Peter created the web he uses with seemingly common stuff he could find, he had little resources, he was poor. Im not saying that web is ME tech, but it's still pretty impressive, and that was when he was younger. what Im trying to say is, maybe the resources aren't that different, it's only the applications of the Marvel/DC characters in their world that made their tech so amazing.

@jedixman:

I think it was ME3. it wasn't a person who said, it was either a Crucible secret file on Reapers and their variations or it was the Codex. I'll investigate it further, but pretty sure it was one of the two

Nothing Peter has ever invented has been even close to the scale of what we would need here. Taking out advanced alien Dreadnoughts is just not in his wheelhouse. On top of that there is the time factor...you've given him 1 week. 1 Week for 1 man to make up for 170 years of Tech just to catch us up to where humanity is in ME1...and even then...The Alliance ships were like fleas to Sovereign until its Shields went down. We have no Weapons that can hurt Sovereign. We have no infrastructure in place that could conceivably create weapons that could hurt Sovereign. The only thing that would save us now is that the Reapers would probably look at our level of civilization and say "Meh...Maybe we'll take 'em out next cycle if they are still around".

#27 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing on our planet that can even hurt Sovereign with his shields up....

#28 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

And I don't recall anything about Sovereign being "one of the weakest Reapers". Being the vanguard for their arrival is supposed to make him weak? There are three Reapers in ME3 who get killed by less than it took to bring down Sovereign.

#29 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman talks the reaper down and forms a truce.

#30 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

The last person to "form a truce" with Sovereign ended up becoming his slave, so....

#31 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Sovereign was never stated to be the weakest of the Reapers, he was simply a Vanguard for his race staying behind in the Milky Way galaxy, periodically checking on the progress of organic life.

As for Spider-Man prepping in our world. We don't even come close to possessing anything remotely similar or advanced that would exist in the Marvel Universe. Spider-Man's prep would mean nothing and when Sovereign came to Earth, we'd have no weapons to slow his assault.

#33 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: but that's the thing. is an an all out attack the only way to defeat Not sovereign? yeah he doesnt have much time but maybe his plan could be instead of constructing something a la Mass Effect, doing something else. the reason i selected Peter was because I wanted people to tell me more of his intelectual flexibility and battle variety, not to show me and tell me he can prep good, because I know he can (not sure how good, but that's another point)

maybe..... x) who knows? do you have any good persuasion feats for Peter?

Sovereign was never stated to be the weakest of the Reapers, he was simply a Vanguard for his race staying behind in the Milky Way galaxy, periodically checking on the progress of organic life.

As for Spider-Man prepping in our world. We don't even come close to possessing anything remotely similar or advanced that would exist in the Marvel Universe. Spider-Man's prep would mean nothing and when Sovereign came to Earth, we'd have no weapons to slow his assault.

bc people keep insisting on this, I'll bring a print screen of where it says Sovereign was the weakest

#34 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

@jorgevy: he can just always do this

cant argue against that

btw Im thinking of chaning the OP because people seem to think we'd get pwned

what if I give an extra week, 2 weeks therefore, plus Peter gets Tony and Bruce Banner and both can go Hulk and Iron Man (standard pre NOW versions)

if that's not enough how about giving them two objects: an N7 armor like Shep's, and a M7 Lancer assault rifle

#36 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@omegablast452 said:

cant argue against that

what if I give an extra week, 2 weeks therefore, plus Peter gets Tony and Bruce Banner and both can go Hulk and Iron Man (standard pre NOW versions)

if that's not enough how about giving them two objects: an N7 armor like Shep's, and a M7 Lancer assault rifle

I don't see the point of the N7 Armour or the Lancer...neither is going to be any help against a Reaper.

#38 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

In Mass Effect you can get shot in the head with no shields and live. Also I don't recall much use of anti tank mines against robots, whose Shields could be taken down by me punching it.

Basically real life physics > games.

We as human beings have enough firepower to obliterate our planet in very short order. How many reapers attacked earth? I'm pretty sure they were darn slow with doing much of anything.

Military weapons are scary strong. I don't see much problem with the weapons we have stopping him, with hulk Spider-Man and iron man especially.

#39 Posted by dondave (26634 posts) - - Show Bio

Reaper ftw

#40 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

In Mass Effect you can get shot in the head with no shields and live. Also I don't recall much use of anti tank mines against robots, whose Shields could be taken down by me punching it.

Basically real life physics > games.

We as human beings have enough firepower to obliterate our planet in very short order. How many reapers attacked earth? I'm pretty sure they were darn slow with doing much of anything.

Military weapons are scary strong. I don't see much problem with the weapons we have stopping him, with hulk Spider-Man and iron man especially.

The "Scary Strong" Military weapons in Mass Effect were completely useless against Sovereign...what makes you believe our inferior weapons would do any better against a Sovereign Clone?

#41 Edited by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

bc people keep insisting on this, I'll bring a print screen of where it says Sovereign was the weakest

Please do, because after checking the ME3 codex, it states that the largest and most powerful Reapers are actually called "Sovereign-class" by the Alliance.

#42 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@omegablast452 said:

cant argue against that

I don't see the point of the N7 Armour or the Lancer...neither is going to be any help against a Reaper.

I was thinking reverse engineering

#43 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@jorgevy said:

Please do, because after checking the ME3 codex, it states that the largest and most powerful Reapers are actually called "Sovereign-class" by the Alliance.

they probably do but that's one name for it, the other is Capital Ships - those are the actual reapers, the big ships with kilometers wide, but Sovereign was the weakest version of those - the "bug" that enabled it to be destroyed after ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of Saren is not present on the other reaper Capital Ships. the Alliance obviously named they Sovereign Class because the first reaper they saw was Sovereign.

the other "reapers" are part of the conscious I guess, but are not the reapers we know, they're like our jet fighters and stuff, and are only a few hundred meters wide. so there's two other classes beside the Sovereign Class, but they are not the actual reapers, just commanded by them.

for some reason when i got ingame, I tried to print screen a part of the codex where it says Sovereign was the only one with that bug, but it was all dark when I pasted it.

anyone know why that happened?

#44 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

they probably do but that's one name for it, the other is Capital Ships - those are the actual reapers, the big ships with kilometers wide, but Sovereign was the weakest version of those - the "bug" that enabled it to be destroyed after ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of Saren is not present on the other reaper Capital Ships. the Alliance obviously named they Sovereign Class because the first reaper they saw was Sovereign.

the other "reapers" are part of the conscious I guess, but are not the reapers we know, they're like our jet fighters and stuff, and are only a few hundred meters wide. so there's two other classes beside the Sovereign Class, but they are not the actual reapers, just commanded by them.

for some reason when i got ingame, I tried to print screen a part of the codex where it says Sovereign was the only one with that bug, but it was all dark when I pasted it.

anyone know why that happened?

Those aren't "actual Reapers" as opposed to fake Reapers; Capital-class ships and Destroyer-class ships are all Reapers. Shepard fights three Destroyer-class ships on the ME3 Priority missions for Tuchanka, Rannoch and Earth in order. All three are repeatedly called Reapers, not "sort-of-kinda-but-not-really-Reapers". And all three are killed by less force than it took to kill Sovereign (although the Rannoch one is arguable since the entire quarian fleet was bombarding it from space; still, they were targeting its weak spot).

Sovereign possessing a minor flaw in his design that can only be exploited under ridiculously specific circumstances hardly makes him "the weakest Reaper". I mean, seriously: the guy effortlessly no-sold the combined firepower of the Normandy, the Destiny Ascension, C-Sec defenses and the entire Alliance Fifth Fleet before a plot device took him out, and you think he's weaker than a Reaper that was defeated by a two-hundred-foot long thresher maw? Or one that was killed by Shepard firing two missiles into its eye?

#45 Edited by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby said:

@jorgevy said:

@omegablast452 said:

cant argue against that

I was thinking reverse engineering

So they could make equally useless weapons and amour?

#46 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby:

supposedly they use mass fields tech, that's what I was going for

@citizenbane:

well they are all called reapers, even the tiny ones and they are all thinking and stuff but I meant the bigger Reapers. were those 3 side mission reapers you mentioned Destroyer class? They didn't look a few hundred meters long.

on the ME3 reaper killings, the thresher maw : it basically buries the Reaper alive and is several times it's size, how's that supposed to be underestimated? it was Khalros, the biggest TM ever, mother of them all, it surrounded the Reaper lik a snake, was super fast and super close. basically, something perfect for close combat against something half it's size not suited for close combat

what's the mission Shep takes out the Reaper with two missiles? dont recall that

BTW do you know anything about my print screen problem? do you have problems print screening the game?

#47 Posted by Shawnbaby (9316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby:

So basically you want them to reverse engineer materials that were created using technology that has already been reverse engineered? The best understanding they are going to have of the mass tech fields is limited by the understanding of the people that designed the weapons and armour in the first place.

#48 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby:

So basically you want them to reverse engineer materials that were created using technology that has already been reverse engineered? The best understanding they are going to have of the mass tech fields is limited by the understanding of the people that designed the weapons and armour in the first place.

well I didnt said it was easy. they have two weeks and Iron Man's suit and Hulk's power too... I mean it's just odd

ssome people came here and said it was a stomp because of nukes and others say it's a Not Sovereign stomp. there's no middle ground... So, unless there's something I can bring to the table to make it balanced, there isn't much scenario curiosity left

#49 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

well they are all called reapers, even the tiny ones and they are all thinking and stuff but I meant the bigger Reapers. were those 3 side mission reapers you mentioned Destroyer class? They didn't look a few hundred meters long.

on the ME3 reaper killings, the thresher maw : it basically buries the Reaper alive and is several times it's size, how's that supposed to be underestimated? it was Khalros, the biggest TM ever, mother of them all, it surrounded the Reaper lik a snake, was super fast and super close. basically, something perfect for close combat against something half it's size not suited for close combat

what's the mission Shep takes out the Reaper with two missiles? dont recall that

BTW do you know anything about my print screen problem? do you have problems print screening the game?

Sure they did.

Unless you're arguing that Kalros could take out Sovereign too, that Reaper was weaker than him. Seriously, Sovereign is literally a dozen times bigger than the Reapers Shepard kills on Tuchanka, Rannoch and Earth.

The final mission on Earth. Shepard fires two Thanix missiles into its eye.

#50 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: aren't the Thanix missls reverse engineered from Sovereign's "corpse"???

either way, I went back and checked, I got them confused with troop transports. those side missions reapers fit the description of destroyers, at least much more than the rest.

but I'll just remove the OP part where it mentions Sovereign is supposed to be the weakest, it really doesn't matter if he was or not, it's not quantifiable or a feat