#1 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio
Can Spider-Man and Luke Cage defeat Aquaman if he is fighting in Downtown Chicago... not near water ?

caption
caption
caption
#2 Posted by Erick_Williams (754 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Spidey would come up with something to K.O Aquaman
while cage is getting stomped. hard.
team maybe, im not sure...

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223732 posts) - - Show Bio

holy crap...

#4 Posted by Clark_EL (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

AC

#5 Posted by BlackWind (5363 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is a complete non factor here, physically or otherwise.

And if this is pre 52 Aquaman like the image says, Spider-Man gets mindf*cked then dropped over a pool of sharks.

#6 Edited by russellmania77 (14417 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman calls upon Godzilla from the sea to kill them

#7 Posted by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey-senses combined with brute strength, equals a deadly mixture. However, I'll side with Aquaman on this one :P

#8 Posted by dondave (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#9 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is too much

#10 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5039 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Aquaman is this?

#11 Edited by laflux (13771 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#12 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is New 52 Aquaman,he stomps.

If this is Pre new 52 Aquaman,even Batman was able to K.O him.

#13 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio
@stronger said:

Was that the fight with young Aquaman? I thought Bats didn't knock him out, just brought him to his knees?

Well pre-52 Aquaman could always resort to his telepathy. As I recall, his telepathy was powerful enough to give a seizure to a White Martian, and it also did some damage against Despero (with the aid of Manhunter).

#14 Edited by BlackWind (5363 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for your knowledge, new 52 Aquaman is still weaker than the new one. Deathstroke once tried to kick him, and bounced off his chest. So Batman physically harming Aquaman is nothing but an inconsistency and bad writing.

#15 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:
@stronger said:

Was that the fight with young Aquaman? I thought Bats didn't knock him out, just brought him to his knees?

Well pre-52 Aquaman could always resort to his telepathy. As I recall, his telepathy was powerful enough to give a seizure to a White Martian, and it also did some damage against Despero (with the aid of Manhunter).

Physically pre new 52 Aquaman is peak human/nigh superhuman cause he lost to Batman.

I have the scans.

#16 Posted by TifaLockhart (13996 posts) - - Show Bio

He also stopped a tank, tore through a submarine, and fought Slig and Lobo. I don't know what kind of peak human that is.

#17 Posted by Saren (25229 posts) - - Show Bio

If we judged superhuman characters as peak human based on a loss to Batman, half of DC's superhumans are now peak human. Cheetah is as strong as Wonder Woman and faster than Diana to boot. She's lost to Batman twice. I guess she is now peak human.

#18 Posted by laflux (13771 posts) - - Show Bio

If we judged superhuman characters as peak human based on a loss to Batman, half of DC's superhumans are now peak human. Cheetah is as strong as Wonder Woman and faster than Diana to boot. She's lost to Batman twice. I guess she is now peak human.

Honestly, I wouldn't have bothered replying to that comment

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (13996 posts) - - Show Bio

I can recall the time Batman stopped a backhand from Aquaman and thought to himself how strong he was. And that was a low showing.

#20 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger

I think that's more of a PIS instance than anything, and a little ridiculous considering all the superhuman feats pre-52 Aquaman has shown.

I mean, I love Bats, but he's nowhere near Aquaman's league, even pre-Flashpoint Aquaman.

#21 Posted by Assman (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, the team can take him down.

#22 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@stronger

I think that's more of a PIS instance than anything, and a little ridiculous considering all the superhuman feats pre-52 Aquaman has shown.

I mean, I love Bats, but he's nowhere near Aquaman's league, even pre-Flashpoint Aquaman.

Pre new 52 Aquaman wasn't really an 100 tonner as he is right now.I accept that it might be a PIS showing,but Aquaman wasn't what he is.

Did Batman beat her in a physical enounter?

#23 Edited by Saren (25229 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

@veshark said:

@stronger

Pre new 52 Aquaman wasn't really an 100 tonner as he is right now.I accept that it might be a PIS showing,but Aquaman wasn't what he is.

beatboks would have a stroke if he read this.

Yes. First he one-shotted her with a nose punch, and later he choked her unconscious.

She is clearly street level by your logic.

#24 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

@veshark said:

@stronger

beatboks would have a stroke if he read this.

Yes. First he one-shotted her with a nose punch, and later he choked her unconscious.

She is clearly street level by your logic.

1)C'mon man.....Aquaman couldn't hurt physically guys like Superman or Wonder Woman without the water hand,out of the water.

2)If it's Minerva/Cheetah then it's complete PIS,unless he had enhanced stats or something,during that encounter........

Cheetah is on par with Wonder Woman in stats.

#25 Posted by Saren (25229 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Aquaman has beaten the daylights out of Superboy, held up an eight-story building, killed an Imperiex Probe, defeated the Crime Syndicate's Green Lantern, held his own against Lobo, and killed several dozen odd Giant Monsters over the 26 years of Post-Crisis continuity. He is considerably superhuman by any definition of the term.

C'mon man.......read the material before coming to ludicrous conclusions. It helps. So. Much. You don't have to be able to hurt Superman and Wonder Woman to be out of Batman's league. Batman beating Aquaman was PIS.

2)If it's Minerva/Cheetah then it's complete PIS,unless he had enhanced stats or something,during that encounter........

Any Cheetah is out of Batman's league, but you could switch Minerva/Cheetah with Aquaman in this sentence and it would still make sense.

#26 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I guess you are correct,mister....

I still don't think Aquaman was more than a 25-30 tonner.

#27 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11388 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

Wow....just lol.

Pre 52 Aquaman stomps these two physically

I'm not even going to consider factoring in telepathy or the magic hand.

#28 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

Wow....just lol.

Pre 52 Aquaman stomps these two physically

I'm not even going to consider factoring in telepathy or the magic hand.

Magic hand amped his strength.

And I already admitted it was PIS,so your point is?????

#29 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11388 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: my only comment referred to you was "Wow ... just lol"

The rest was completely geared towards the thread....and Pre-52 Aquaman has water hand, like in the OP. So, your point is?

#30 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Raw_Material (3208 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman come up on top. He'll be able to withstand the blows from Luke Cage (if he's able to catch him) as well as compete with the agility and speed Spidey possesses as he was shown to keep up with metahumans such as Deathstroke.

Here's the fight between Aquaman and Deathstroke which he displays great reflexes, speed and agility being able to keep up with super soldiers like Slade Wilson. He's able to hear Deathstroke from a distance as well and made it easier for him to find the silent assassin. This scene depicts that Aquaman's able to hold his own with beings that possess super enhanced senses and abilities.

(Scene starts from right to left)

Here are panels displaying Aquaman's willpower and strength as he goes up against beings with superhuman strength and abilities (almost god-level). With the last scene showing him defeating Power Ring and the other three which shows him defeating Olympian, he exemplifies that he's able to defeat those much superior than he is and would be able to take on Luke Cage solo.

(Scene starts from right to left, don't spoil it and click the first scan first!)

#32 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is a complete non factor here, physically or otherwise.

And if this is pre 52 Aquaman like the image says, Spider-Man gets mindf*cked then dropped over a pool of sharks.

#33 Posted by BlackWind (5363 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman 25-30 tons? Really? That's a joke. He has plenty of feats before the reboot that put him clearly in the class 100 range. You don't beed to be able to defeat Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel to be in that class.