Speedsters vs Thanos

ArkoMz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArkoMz

It is the Flash (Wally West), Zoom, Sonic and Shadow the hedgehog.

Sonic and Shadow can go into super form, even hyper sonic/shadow if nessescary.

The team gets 1 week of prep time.

Thanos does not have the IG (edit)

No BFR

Morals on, but can become bloodlusted if the fight takes forever.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins with easy

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mysticmedivh

The trio would normally win, but...

Infinity Gauntlet? That’s too much.

Thanos blinkstomps.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

If Archie sonic and Shadow versions the team could take it.

Normally either would solo, but I took a closer look at the OP and Thanos has the IG.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Batman.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@mysticmedivh: True but... I might be stretching here but 1 week of prep for Wally and Zoom may as well be 1,000 years, maybe just maybe they could think of something.

DCU doesn’t really have any artifacts (on par with IG) that could allow them to obtain with prep in order to fight on even ground with Thanos.

Meanwhile Thanos has too many ways to win.

@mysticmedivh:

They can take it off.

Thanos would foresee that with the Time Gem.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

He didn't when Silver Surfer was sitting there the entire time with Adam Warlock and had Silver Surfer almost strip the IG from him. Or when he let Nebula take the IG from him.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

He didn't when Silver Surfer was sitting there the entire time with Adam Warlock and had Silver Surfer almost strip the IG from him. Or when he let Nebula take the IG from him.

I believe he was being cocky and turned off his omniscience in that instance.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wardemon32

@mysticmedivh:

It wasn't about him being cocky - it was about him impressing Death. He didn't turn off anything. He just didn't snap the Avengers away like he was going to do before Mestipho stopped him. I don't see how you could turn off omniscience and I don't even think he has it in the first place. If he did he wouldn't be sending other versions of himself with the IG through time to find out where he went wrong. Hell, he should have known everything that would have happened before he fought the Avengers or how to impress Death.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

It wasn't about him being cocky - it was about him impressing Death. He didn't turn off anything. He just didn't snap the Avengers away like he was going to do before Mestipho stopped him. I don't see how you could turn off omniscience and I don't even think he has it in the first place. If he did he wouldn't be sending other versions of himself with the IG through time to find out where he went wrong. Hell, he should have known everything that would have happened before he fought the Avengers or how to impress Death.

Accidentally flagged your post when I meant to click quote.

You can turn off the power of the gems. Adam Warlock did so when he was fighting Doctor Strange.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Thor-Parker

@wardemon32: Thanos in fact depowered himself to fight The Avengers in order to impress Death.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wardemon32

@mysticmedivh:

There was nothing to suggest that he did so. All he did was go easy on them. Why would he turn off omniscience and have a whole bunch of versions search through time for him when he can simply just be omniscient and get the answer? They strip the IG from him and continue to beat him with it.

BTW, the OP just said no more IG. He would have lost with it anyways but eh.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No IG? Shadow solos. Sonic solos.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@wardemon32: Thanos in fact depowered himself to fight The Avengers in order to impress Death.

Where did it say he depowered himself? I've already said the only reason the Avengers only stood a chance because he went easy on them to impress Death. He just didn't kill the Avengers instantly. There was nothing to suggest he turned off omniscience and I don't even think the IG grants him that. Silver Surfer almost took away the IG from him.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Where did it say he depowered himself? I've already said the only reason the Avengers only stood a chance because he went easy on them to impress Death. He just didn't kill the Avengers instantly. There was nothing to suggest he turned off omniscience and I don't even think the IG grants him that. Silver Surfer almost took away the IG from him.

According to the Vine page:

After shattering Captain America's shield, Thanos raised his fist to deliver the final blow. This was the cue for Adam Warlock's true plan to go into effect as Surfer rushed in to steal the gauntlet. This gambit failed, and Thanos realized how close he was to failure himself. He once again reinstated his omniscience, and became all-powerful, all-knowing once again.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

After shattering Captain America's shield, Thanos raised his fist to deliver the final blow. This was the cue for Adam Warlock's true plan to go into effect as Surfer rushed in to steal the gauntlet. This gambit failed, and Thanos realized how close he was to failure himself. He once again reinstated his omniscience, and became all-powerful, all-knowing once again.

Yeah. And then he loses the IG in the next issue. Wouldn't really call him omniscient. And if you truly think he's omniscient then why does he need to have copies of him to find out where he went wrong?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mysticmedivh

@mysticmedivh:

Yeah. And then he loses the IG in the next issue. Wouldn't really call him omniscient. And if you truly think he's omniscient then why does he need to have copies of him to find out where he went wrong?

He turned off his omniscience.

The end.

No Caption Provided

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

Fair enough. But he does not have omniscience. You can skip to Issue 5 where he shows his "omniscience" and has Nebula steal the IG right under him. Or when he explains to himself in Thanos Annual 1 how he is searching through time to figure out where he went wrong.

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

At that point Thanos depowered himself to a degree to impress Mistress Death, and only allowed the power gem to empower him. Honestly that's really the only gem that Thanos would ever really need.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wardemon32

@horus_1:

I've said several times that I know he was trying to impress Death. The problem is claiming he actually has omniscience when he actually doesn't. He may have a degree of pre-cog of some sort but I wouldn't call it omniscience.

Speedsters still win.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since the team has at least 2 characters that can solo, they win easily.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WastelandMan

@wardemon32 said:

@mysticmedivh:

Fair enough. But he does not have omniscience. You can skip to Issue 5 where he shows his "omniscience" and has Nebula steal the IG right under him. Or when he explains to himself in Thanos Annual 1 how he is searching through time to figure out where he went wrong.

Thanos let Nebula take the gauntlet. It was stated several times throughout the comic that Thanos allowed himself to lose because deep down he knew he wasn't worthy of the power and the gauntlet DOES allow a level of omniscience.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyper Sonic solos.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said several times that I know he was trying to impress Death. The problem is claiming he actually has omniscience when he actually doesn't. He may have a degree of pre-cog of some sort but I wouldn't call it omniscience.

Speedsters still win.

You do know it was fully explained that the moment Death rejected him for gaining that power was the moment he planned his own downfall. Quite literally Thanos planned his own defeat. Warlock and Vision both rather blatantly point this out that if Thanos didn't want to lose. he'd never have lost. They'd all be dead, and he'd still be God.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wardemon32

@m_man: @reikai

Thanos was confused himself if he truly let Nebula take it. Adam Warlock just brought the hypothesis up. In the next Issue he tries to get the Infinity Gauntlet. Even now, he is searching for ways to keep the Infinity Gauntlet and wants to find out where he went wrong. I doubt that he truly let the gems be taken away from him but you can say it's questionable if you want.

"A level of omniscience"?

Meaning he is omniscient but doesn't know everything? My point exactly. This disucssion is a futile one anyways as Thanos doesn't have the Infinity Gauntlet in this battle anymore.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@wardemon32 said:

Speedsters still win.

You do know it was fully explained that the moment Death rejected him for gaining that power was the moment he planned his own downfall. Quite literally Thanos planned his own defeat. Warlock and Vision both rather blatantly point this out that if Thanos didn't want to lose. he'd never have lost. They'd all be dead, and he'd still be God.

And I have the scans to prove these statements right!

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With no IG I thik Flash is too much for him.

With the IG he totally wins.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WastelandMan

@wardemon32 said:

@m_man: @reikai

Thanos was confused himself if he truly let Nebula take it. Adam Warlock just brought the hypothesis up. In the next Issue he tries to get the Infinity Gauntlet. Even now, he is searching for ways to keep the Infinity Gauntlet and wants to find out where he went wrong. I doubt that he truly let the gems be taken away from him but you can say it's questionable if you want.

Meaning he is omniscient but doesn't know everything? My point exactly. This disucssion is a futile one anyways as Thanos doesn't have the Infinity Gauntlet in this battle anymore.

First off, it WASN'T a hypothesis at all. Two separate characters state this and, moreover, Adam Warlock knew everything about Thanos and his inner most thoughts having been part of the soul gem. Thanos tries to get the gauntlet again but Adam states he would let himself lose it again.

The time gem might be more akin to precog but still that should be enough. Look, if high tier cosmic/abstract beings like Galactus, Chaos, Order, Death, Eternity etc. etc. etc. couldn't stop Thanos with the IG, what makes you think a couple of speedsters can?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transcendence: Someone responded to me with a typo in their sentence. It was like "Alex Mercer can destroy a building with easy" and I thought it was hilarious so I started saying it

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transcendence: Someone responded to me with a typo in their sentence. It was like "Alex Mercer can destroy a building with easy" and I thought it was hilarious so I started saying it

Interesting.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man:

First off, it WASN'T a hypothesis at all. Two separate characters state this and, moreover, Adam Warlock knew everything about Thanos and his inner most thoughts having been part of the soul gem. Thanos tries to get the gauntlet again but Adam states he would let himself lose it again.

The time gem might be more akin to precog but still that should be enough. Look, if high tier cosmic/abstract beings like Galactus, Chaos, Order, Death, Eternity etc. etc. etc. couldn't stop Thanos with the IG, what makes you think a couple of speedsters can?

This will be my last response because I really don't see the point in this. It was a hypothesis. Adam Warlock knew that Thanos felt that he wasn't worthy of it but that does not mean that was necessarily correct. After Adam Warlock says this Thanos seems a bit half and half with this. In the next Issue he tries to attain the Inginity Gauntlet again. It would make no sense for him to lose such power on purpose because he felt that he wasn't worthy just to try and get it again.

In Thanos Annual 1 he states that he actually did know that he was going to lose it but I doubt he knew how being that he is trying to save himself from losing it and tried to get it back soon afterwards. In that same Issue he states that he doesn't know who moves the peices of existence.

Yes the IG is very powerful and can beat abstracts, but if speedsters are able to strip him of the IG then they can beat him. They didn't try to actually take the IG away from his. Beating him with the IG from hits is not an option, but taking the IG off is. If you were to give Thanos the power of the IG without having to wear it then he'd win hands down. The point is that you can exploit this weakness if you're fast enough.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WastelandMan

This will be my last response because I really don't see the point in this. It was a hypothesis. Adam Warlock knew that Thanos felt that he wasn't worthy of it but that does not mean that was necessarily correct. After Adam Warlock says this Thanos seems a bit half and half with this. In the next Issue he tries to attain the Inginity Gauntlet again. It would make no sense for him to lose such power on purpose because he felt that he wasn't worthy just to try and get it again.

Thanos' desire to lose was on a subconscious level so of course he isn't actively aware of this truth as no one is of their subconscious desires/thoughts................that's what makes it a subconscious. You also conveniently glossed over the point made that Vision, who had no prior contact with Adam Warlock to converse on the subject, came to the exact same conclusion. Thanos losing on purpose was an extremely prominent element throughout the Infinitity Gauntlet series and was brought up multiple times. It's blatantly obvious to anyone who read the comic issues that what Adam and Vision stated was true. You saying otherwise is quite frankly you being stubborn.

In Thanos Annual 1 he states that he actually did know that he was going to lose it but I doubt he knew how being that he is trying to save himself from losing it and tried to get it back soon afterwards.

Again, it's called a subconscious.

In that same Issue he states that he doesn't know who moves the peices of existence.

So?

Yes the IG is very powerful and can beat abstracts, but if speedsters are able to strip him of the IG then they can beat him. They didn't try to actually take the IG away from his.

Maybe because they knew they couldn't?

Beating him with the IG from hits is not an option, but taking the IG off is. If you were to give Thanos the power of the IG without having to wear it then he'd win hands down.

Thanos would know every move they make before they make it do to precog.

The point is that you can exploit this weakness if you're fast enough.

..................one of the abstracts Thanos fought was Kronos, the living embodiment of time itself........are you saying HE wasn't fast enough....?